These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tengugeddon: Competition Open, Rules Finalized - WIN A PLEX

Author
drdxie
#61 - 2012-06-05 02:14:23 UTC
so what was the positive effect from hulkageddon?? goon miners selling more minerals?? it seemed pretty fail this year..... you can't even get the goons excited... going to fail..

Caldari Loving needed.. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1608277&#post1608277

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#62 - 2012-06-05 02:19:41 UTC
Oh man.
Why are you wasting your time with this?

The ex-goon (or not ex-goon) lead dev will be at the Vegas convention that is NOT a goon event. (The fact that 2 of the 7 links on the main page for that point to the the goon leader's blog and to the goonswarm main page is purely co-incidental).

At that "convention", I am sure the percentage that L4 missions bounties and payouts will be reduced will be sorted out.
The damage the null sec zealots do in-game to high sec is a trifle compared to the damage the null sec zealots within CCP do to high sec.
Spineker
#63 - 2012-06-05 02:19:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Spineker
I hope 4 asswipes try to gank my Nighthawk. Will be funny to watch the splodingtard fleet from Concord. Yeah try this and I will break it out and let us see how 3 or 4 of you can break it with your 5 million isk ships. Will be good for an Ale night LAWL.

One more Nerf with CCP retards breaking the hi-sec game and they can stick this and Dust up their arse. For good.
Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#64 - 2012-06-05 02:19:56 UTC
If my Tengu happens to kill all of these wannabe-gankers that stumble into my deadspace assuming I'm a lol-fit carebear, are you going to pay me a plex too?

It's only fair.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#65 - 2012-06-05 02:22:25 UTC
My tengu is in VFK at the moment. I encourage anyone to come at me.
Spineker
#66 - 2012-06-05 02:22:35 UTC
Gianath wrote:
If my Tengu happens to kill all of these wannabe-gankers that stumble into my deadspace assuming I'm a lol-fit carebear, are you going to pay me a plex too?

It's only fair.

I have been "ganked" in low sec and they ran away. Of course dual box Tengus is a little more interesting for "gankers" than Hulks mining.
Spineker
#67 - 2012-06-05 02:23:56 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:

What will be funny is when these people who think they can easy kill a Tengu get baited into attacking a full Assault Tengu with their Crusiers and Destroyers on people who actually go out looking for a fight everyday. The LAWL will be high.
Ocular Shadows
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#68 - 2012-06-05 02:27:08 UTC
Fun Fact: Join a new MMO/Online game and say that X server is going to be the official Goon server on the forums. Watch all the hate and whining pour forth.
EVE Roy Mustang
Doomheim
#69 - 2012-06-05 02:30:28 UTC
Ocular Shadows wrote:
Fun Fact: Join a new MMO/Online game and say that X server is going to be the official Goon server on the forums. Watch all the hate and whining pour forth.

Yeah its called "putting a target on your back" there
Except THERE Ill take you on lol
Where Im not losing anything of value rofl
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#70 - 2012-06-05 02:30:46 UTC
Spineker wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:

What will be funny is when these people who think they can easy kill a Tengu get baited into attacking a full Assault Tengu with their Crusiers and Destroyers on people who actually go out looking for a fight everyday. The LAWL will be high.

It's a ratting Tengu. I PVP in other stuff.
Spineker
#71 - 2012-06-05 02:34:11 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Spineker wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:

It's a ratting Tengu. I PVP in other stuff.

Yeah I understand that just saying their will be people hoping they get ganked
Valya Niell
Drunken Yordles
#72 - 2012-06-05 02:42:02 UTC
you know, maybe i should just get everyone i know who plays this to let their accounts slip and just troll the threads waiting for eve to give in and go f2p so i can come back and join all the tards still on here.

While we're at it why don't we just start ganking everything in game? until the only people that are left are the ones who wanna go blow each other up? why not just take out missions and roids and just give everyone whatever ships and fittings they want?

XTreme Industries: Take back your roids! winners not whiners. If you care about your game experience take it back or find a different game experience to hate. Goonsquad: now offering bounties to troll and flame. inquire within.

Valya Niell
Drunken Yordles
#73 - 2012-06-05 02:43:12 UTC
you guys are all ********. i'd say hey, lets launch a tarddageddon, but then i'd be just like you guys.

XTreme Industries: Take back your roids! winners not whiners. If you care about your game experience take it back or find a different game experience to hate. Goonsquad: now offering bounties to troll and flame. inquire within.

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#74 - 2012-06-05 02:47:57 UTC
Spineker wrote:
Gianath wrote:

It's only fair.

I have been "ganked" in low sec and they ran away. Of course dual box Tengus is a little more interesting for "gankers" than Hulks mining.

As my previous post states, the lead dev does far more griefing of high sec that these clowns can hope to muster.
But, that being said, and as much as I hate these pricks, the economics of what is being proposed is sound.

IF, and it is a big IF, a crew of sociopaths can organize, they can be very effective in shutting down a busy mission hub.

Some math:

1 scanning alt required, maybe 4-5 Tornado's.

Alt scans down a ship.
Waits for a couple minutes, until potential target is under full aggro in say, a 0.6 system.
4 Tornado's warp in.

Target has about 6 seconds to GTFO of the mission, and is toast if scarmmed.
4 Tornado's unleash about 40,000 alpha with a large sig radius. A speed tanking Tengu will mitigate most of this, but a near stationary Rattlesnake, or shield tanked Nightmare? Nope. They take full damage.

Now, remember, the target is under full attack from the rats, so may be operating near full rep capacity.
The first alpha from the Tornado's won't put him down.
The 2nd alpha, which the gankers WILL get off in 0.6 space, will indeed blow up the target.

Now sociopaths whip out of mission in their pods and grab mission ships to acquire aggro while the alt in the scout ship grabs a Noctis and salvages 4 Tornado's plus a faction fitted mission ship.

I would guess that the average mission BS has about 1 billion of mods on it.
If half drop, that is 500M.

Suicide Tornados go for about 100M.

If my math is right, 4 Tornado pilots just got a 2 billion (1 billion for ship, 1 billion for mods) killmail for a loss of 100M.
A 95% efficiency.

Plus, they recouped their losses if 500M from ganked boat drops.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#75 - 2012-06-05 02:50:20 UTC
I lol'ed. Some cheap bears like me use a ****-fit that only ever costs the t2 mods. But yea, if people do fly expensive stuff, atleast ll know which thread to check for kills/lols.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#76 - 2012-06-05 02:57:06 UTC
Ocular Shadows wrote:

Depends on the game. In WoW there are a few "Goon Squads" that are barely known to the greater community save for whacky hijinks. Most of the people that really freak out about us are Eve players and Second Life players. Eve players are well, special in how heavy they freak out, and most people in second life are furries. Need I say more?

In TSW I don't think anyone cares about the Goonimati. The world of Tanks clan has been chugging around forever. The draGoons are a respected part of the M&B community (Line battles are fun!).

So yeah really it's just Eve and Secondlife.

In Eve we're just doing what a thousand other pirate corps are doing daily on a larger scale. In Second Life... well furries lol.
Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#77 - 2012-06-05 02:58:01 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
We all know about ganking hulks, and it has had a mostly positive affect on EVE gameplay (only downside is it generating carebear entitlement posts in GD).

However, suicide gankers focusing on hulks has left out some pretty juicy loot pinatas.

The typical mission ship has minimal EHP for its class because it focuses on active tanking incoming damage. However, it doesn't matter if you can active tank when you're facing alpha.

Did you know that many tengu pilots have less than 15k EHP? These tengus cost upwards of 2, 3, even 5 billion isk in high value faction/deadspace mods.

Bearing in mind that hulkageddon is now infinite, I hereby announce a new competition.

The character who kills the most ISK in Carebear Marauders, Faction Battleships and Strategic Cruisers by June 25, 2012 EST will recieve a free PLEX from everyone's favorite forum warrior masternerdguy.

The competition will open on June 5, 2012 EST.
Read on for competition rules

1. All destroyed PVE ships must be destroyed in hi security space (0.5 sec status or higher)
  2. Vanilla EVE-Kill will be used to evaluate the market value of a ship at the end of the competition.
  3. To be considered, you must send an EVE-Mail of your successful gank to masternerdguy. Please include a killboard link using EVE-Kill in said mail.
  4. Only API verified kills will be counted, API verified by vanilla EVE-Kill.
  5. Only Marauder, Faction Battleship, and Strategic Cruiser kills will be counted in this competition.
  6. The guy you ganked cannot carry any warp disruptors or warp scramblers. If they carry one, they are not a hi sec PVE ship anymore****

As an additional bonus the guy who loses the most expensive mission boat because of this competition will receive a free consolation prize.

Fly safe.

****If they have taken rat damage, and it is on their killmail, this rule can be ignored. Take that, mission farmers who know how to adapt!

Awesome. The best part is that my PVE Tengu flies with a warp disruptor...
Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#78 - 2012-06-05 03:02:43 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Spineker wrote:
Gianath wrote:

It's only fair.

If my math is right, 4 Tornado pilots just got a 2 billion (1 billion for ship, 1 billion for mods) killmail for a loss of 100M.
A 95% efficiency.

Maybe. I can see slow-moving afk'ers like a domi or rattlesnake falling to this, since they are probably watching youtube in a browser window and not exactly expecting anything that didn't happen the first 2000 times they did this mission. These probably aren't going to drop many faction mods, if any. Many probably won't even have T2 mods, since level 4's can be done without a lot of training if you go with a drone boat.

As you said though, the Tengus which are supposedly the reason for the event, are not going to be sitting still... they will be 100km from the warp in point, going pretty fast, and will likely warp out as soon as you show up on grid and long before you can lock and fire a shot.

Maybe you will get a lazy or scrammed tengu, but most people flying a Tengu are either ready for a fight, or super paranoid and ready to run at the first hint of conflict anyway.

But, let's see where this goes. I'll be happy for the adrenaline rush.
Scott Webb
Scott Webb Corp
#79 - 2012-06-05 03:03:38 UTC
This threat translates ..... CCP apologist butt boy helps ccp shore up ways of making isk.
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#80 - 2012-06-05 03:09:10 UTC
Gianath wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Spineker wrote:
Gianath wrote:

It's only fair.

A 95% efficiency.

Maybe. I can see slow-moving afk'ers like a domi or rattlesnake falling to this, since they are probably watching youtube in a browser window and not exactly expecting anything that didn't happen the first 2000 times they did this mission. These probably aren't going to drop many faction mods, if any. Many probably won't even have T2 mods, since level 4's can be done without a lot of training if you go with a drone boat.

As you said though, the Tengus which are supposedly the reason for the event, are not going to be sitting still... they will be 100km from the warp in point, going pretty fast, and will likely warp out as soon as you show up on grid and long before you can lock and fire a shot.

Maybe you will get a lazy or scrammed tengu, but most people flying a Tengu are either ready for a fight, or super paranoid and ready to run at the first hint of conflict anyway.

But, let's see where this goes. I'll be happy for the adrenaline rush.

I'd just alpha them when they undock.

Things are only impossible until they are not.