These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tengugeddon: Competition Open, Rules Finalized - WIN A PLEX

Author
Amera Khan
Regiment Of Naga Association
OnlyFleets.
#181 - 2012-06-06 11:51:14 UTC
Holy Hannah! ! A whole plex???? Wow. Are u sure??? Has that much isk even ever been seen in game???? Jumping jehosaphate!! I cant believe it, a whole fking plex!!!! Sweet baby Jesus!!!
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#182 - 2012-06-06 12:11:23 UTC
Amera Khan wrote:
Holy Hannah! ! A whole plex???? Wow. Are u sure??? Has that much isk even ever been seen in game???? Jumping jehosaphate!! I cant believe it, a whole fking plex!!!! Sweet baby Jesus!!!

I think you made her moist .......

Tal

Kiteo Hatto
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#183 - 2012-06-06 13:02:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiteo Hatto
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
Amera Khan wrote:

Tal

Here Tal +1
flakeys
Doomheim
#184 - 2012-06-06 13:14:52 UTC
Greyscale Dash wrote:
Yet another excellent way to kill carebears for prizes!

Yeah a whole free plex , awsome Roll

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Niena Nuamzzar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#185 - 2012-06-06 13:58:54 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

I'd just alpha them when they undock.

Oh look, 2 maelstorms (___ whatever else):

- Ctrl+Space-->dock, or
- Warp to undocking bm, or finally
- Hardeners on, full speed at 45 degrees
Eyezpiddydafooh
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#186 - 2012-06-06 14:09:26 UTC
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:
Tears? I laugh at you poor jokers you are pathetic.

Emotions running high in Spineker's corner.

This guy is going places in the world!
Blanchet
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#187 - 2012-06-06 14:32:27 UTC
lol...OP if you put two more Plexes into that, i might think about selfdestructing my good old mission Domi.
Come on..make the offer more tempting! Big smile
Zanza Mechonis
What is tax
#188 - 2012-06-06 17:31:04 UTC
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
*puts paladin in the hangar and undocks in apoc* Yep, have fun.

This pretty much... Doesn't threaten ANYONE, the cost in the OP is exaggarated (or just overfit ships, which can never have such low EHP), and who will gank a lot of ships that have WAY more tank than an exhumer for a measly plex? Just buying the damn thing would be way cheaper... Nice try though ;D

"On the internet you can be anything you want... It's strange that many people choose to be stupid."

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#189 - 2012-06-06 17:34:58 UTC
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
Amera Khan wrote:

Tal

Here Tal +1

I've just been a little sick in my mouth.

Tal

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#190 - 2012-06-06 19:33:46 UTC
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:
Boring mission ship has no chance? Seriously what crack are you smoking? Especially Tengu.

yeah they die all ships die but a Tengu in the right hands you are silly. If they were that easy to kill everyone would do it.

"The right hands" don't run missions.

Tornado alpha best alpha. No one does it cause killing hulks is funnier and are in set locations (mine belts)

People willing to kill mission ships (scan them down, track them, bait them) do so on a regular basis.

Sometimes in iteron V's

If I recall the Megathron killed was buffer fit and using large rails. Not to mention the pilot made the poor choice of engaging in his mission ship. Though without help, the same setup would likely be much less effective against a ship with decent maneuverability or the capacity to hit close targets. The tengu has both and even mission fit the encounter would probably have turned out differently provided the pilot was willing to engage.
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#191 - 2012-06-06 19:55:01 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:
Boring mission ship has no chance? Seriously what crack are you smoking? Especially Tengu.

yeah they die all ships die but a Tengu in the right hands you are silly. If they were that easy to kill everyone would do it.

Tornado alpha best alpha. No one does it cause killing hulks is funnier and are in set locations (mine belts)

People willing to kill mission ships (scan them down, track them, bait them) do so on a regular basis.

Sometimes in iteron V's

If I recall the Megathron killed was buffer fit and using large rails. Not to mention the pilot made the poor choice of engaging in his mission ship. Though without help, the same setup would likely be much less effective against a ship with decent maneuverability or the capacity to hit close targets. The tengu has both and even mission fit the encounter would probably have turned out differently provided the pilot was willing to engage.

Well, even thou rails are the worst option for Vindis T2 short range rails ammo (+25% tracking) and Vindi web bonus (provided he wasn't that lazy and fitted one) he could have got it.
Addition of lazy pilot with bad ship for "x" job and a lazier fit always leads to lol snowflake KM's

brb

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#192 - 2012-06-06 20:08:07 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:

Sometimes in iteron V's

Well, even thou rails are the worst option for Vindis T2 short range rails ammo (+25% tracking) and Vindi web bonus (provided he wasn't that lazy and fitted one) he could have got it.
Addition of lazy pilot with bad ship for "x" job and a lazier fit always leads to lol snowflake KM's

KM is linked here. This was a T1 megathron, not a Vindi, so no web bonus and it had T1 guns, so no T2 ammo. Granted the fit was poor for other reasons.
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#193 - 2012-06-06 20:11:08 UTC
The point was mission runners **** fit. Even a non-shitfit mission runner is defenseless to a fleet of tornados, and it would actually be an isk efficient kill.

Too bad the reward is only a plex.

Hello, hello again.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#194 - 2012-06-06 21:39:43 UTC
Degren wrote:
The point was mission runners **** fit. Even a non-shitfit mission runner is defenseless to a fleet of tornados, and it would actually be an isk efficient kill.

I wasn't aware fitting for a purpose was poor fitting practice. And anything not setup like a brick is defenseless against a fleet of tornados, and in many cases fitting like that won't get the job done and just results in even more tonados from determined gankers.
Katja Faith
Doomheim
#195 - 2012-06-06 21:41:45 UTC
Degren wrote:

WTF do you care how other people fit their ships?
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#196 - 2012-06-06 22:12:37 UTC
Just out of interest has anyone tried suicide-neuting mission runners?

I'm thinking about testing this on the test server, but am I right in thinking that you could probably kill a tengu purely by webbing, neuting and target painting it during it's mission?

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Niena Nuamzzar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#197 - 2012-06-06 23:02:36 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:

I'm thinking about testing this on the test server, but am I right in thinking that you could probably kill a tengu purely by webbing, neuting and target painting it during it's mission?

And that ship would be... Bhaalgorn? Also, it's hard to kill something that can warp off.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#198 - 2012-06-06 23:10:12 UTC
Niena Nuamzzar wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:

And that ship would be... Bhaalgorn? Also, it's hard to kill something that can warp off.

You can fit neuts on anything, it's a PvE T3, you can cap it out in a few cycles even with medium neuts.

And it can't warp off until concord comes and destroys you.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#199 - 2012-06-06 23:14:01 UTC
If you can find a better way to document this ( a private killboard that isn't 'feeded' or something) and I'll put up a decent chunk of change.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

EVE Roy Mustang
Doomheim
#200 - 2012-06-07 00:01:05 UTC  |  Edited by: EVE Roy Mustang
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:
Tornado hitting a tengu at 100+ with large guns? ALPHA STRIKE ALPHA SCRATCH. What happens when I get under your guns genius? You die in 2 or 5 volleys.

The Right hands don't run missions? I have done everything in this game from Null Sec to "Pirate" to small gang to fleet action. What makes you think you know anything? Because you won battles with more people than the enemy? WOW I mean WOW.

Hi! Hello! Mission runners don't buffer fit. Often, they fit mission specific hardeners.

8 or so tornados will kill most mission running tengus, navy issue ravens, machs, etc, etc.

Grats to you for not being completely ********? Maybe? Something?

Hush now.

Spineker wrote:
Yes you were stroking. Your tornado is ****.

Please come attack me with your tornado please.

Oh I get it. You think I mean solo. Clearly, sweetcheeks, I mean group ganks. Even a weak buffer tank on a mission ship would stop a solo ganker.

I like all the talking like youll do it
lol

Very Napoleon Dynamite
I could totally do this but I dont WANT to....

Im too rich to lose 8 tornadoes to gank a Tengu