These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why the hate for Hi-Sec players?

Author
Starrakatt
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#41 - 2012-05-31 11:15:47 UTC
There may be, too, the 'neighboring rivalry' factor that tends to creep up after a while (real life or otherwise) in a lot of communities at competition with each other, be it through the competitive media of a sport team, social class (PvPer vs PvEer) or plain economic class divide, amongst other things.

Maybe EvE is old enough to have reached such a threshold between 'social classes'.
Cpt Roghie
Chemical Invasion Co.
#42 - 2012-05-31 11:21:31 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
If a player is happy mining scordite in 1.0 space why is that a problem? It isn't a problem
If a player like to sit in Jita making trades why is that a problem? It isn't a problem
If a player prefers to do hi-sec missions what is the problem? There isn't a problem.

As a response to part 2 of your question look at these forums and count the number of high sec residents screaming bloody murder that they should be 100% safe in high sec, lobbying CCP for a 100% safe high sec, and making ludicrous claims about other players violating the EULA.

If mining and missioning in hi sec aren't problems to these sociopaths, then why the incessant call to arms from the "hardcore PVPer" community to attack and kill them? Why the constant belligerence and belittling against them? Why the constant whining and crying about moving missions and anything remotely fun to them into lo sec?

As for attacking them, Goonswarm earns alot of money doing so. Wouldnt you do the same thing if you were put in that situation?

This could be fun.

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#43 - 2012-05-31 11:22:42 UTC
Kathen Darkmoore wrote:
Tor Gungnir wrote:
"The whiny carebear that wants to destroy EVE" is the second biggest myth ever, right after Bigfoot. I've never seen one on these forums. What I do see, however, is a lot douchebaggy "PvPers" who wants to ruin EVE by idiotic ideas such as removal of local and High-sec areas.

The hate, in my eyes, is unwarranted and most often down right hypocritical.

^ This

Kathy dear, looks like you haven't been reading these forums much.

There aren't any "PVPers" in EVE, just players and whiners.

pussnheels
Viziam
#44 - 2012-05-31 11:23:16 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
Because most of them want to change EvE Online into a Theme Park MMO.

False it is the griefers that want to turn eve into a arcade mmo , real pvpers are endangered species living in low sec and some null sec regions

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Vile rat
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#45 - 2012-05-31 11:25:16 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
If a player is happy mining scordite in 1.0 space why is that a problem? It isn't a problem
If a player like to sit in Jita making trades why is that a problem? It isn't a problem
If a player prefers to do hi-sec missions what is the problem? There isn't a problem.

As a response to part 2 of your question look at these forums and count the number of high sec residents screaming bloody murder that they should be 100% safe in high sec, lobbying CCP for a 100% safe high sec, and making ludicrous claims about other players violating the EULA.

If mining and missioning in hi sec aren't problems to these sociopaths, then why the incessant call to arms from the "hardcore PVPer" community to attack and kill them? Why the constant belligerence and belittling against them? Why the unfounded and deliberate accusations that carebears are greedy and stupid? Why the constant whining and crying about moving missions and anything remotely fun to them into lo/null sec? Why the constant whining that carebears should be kicked out of NPC corps and hi sec altogether?

Going to give you the best answer I can on this. There is no secret conspiracy, there is no movement to push miners out of highsec so we can somehow gain an economic advantage. All of that is just garbage posted by people upset about the situation and powerless to impact it.

Why do we do it? Why do we kill hulk pilots in empire with cheap disposable ships?

It's fun!
Fleet Warpsujarento
Doomheim
#46 - 2012-05-31 11:25:43 UTC
I'm a PvPer who lives in lowsec, and I'm very glad we have so many people doing PVE in hisec. They make my ships cheap, they restock the market hubs where I can construct any ship I need in minutes, and they provide a market for all the items I get in lowsec. The more miners, mission runners, haulers, and manufacturers we have the better.
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2012-05-31 11:26:46 UTC
Cpt Roghie wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

If mining and missioning in hi sec aren't problems to these sociopaths, then why the incessant call to arms from the "hardcore PVPer" community to attack and kill them? Why the constant belligerence and belittling against them? Why the constant whining and crying about moving missions and anything remotely fun to them into lo sec?

As for attacking them, Goonswarm earns alot of money doing so. Wouldnt you do the same thing if you were put in that situation?

I can't really say it's for money, as I don't know if profit is being made. But what I can say with certainty is that Goonswarm tends to loath carebears by their own admittance. The Mittani himself has recently gone about a rant on how carebears feel "self-entitled" and how it's his job to rid Eve of this vermin; funny that coming from him.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

pussnheels
Viziam
#48 - 2012-05-31 11:27:16 UTC
Roime wrote:
Nobody hates hiseccers, but everybody loathes the whiny carebear forum poster who wants to ruin EVE.

False again it is the whiny griefers that loathes the idea that they have to share the safety oh highsec with other people who are actually enjoying this game

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Elenora Lash
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2012-05-31 11:29:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Elenora Lash
Drei Ontalas wrote:
1. In these forums there appears to be this notion that Hi-sec players should move (by force or encouragement) to lower-sec space. Why?

If a player is happy mining scordite in 1.0 space why is that a problem?
If a player like to sit in Jita making trades why is that a problem?
If a player prefers to do hi-sec missions what is the problem?

2. I am genuinely interested in establishing where/how the hostility towards hi-sec comes from. From my admittedly limitedly experience it seems so come down to the EVE equivalent of "Mommy he won't play with me! Make him!"

Am I completely off the mark?

There is no problem at all. See it as the usual forum whining here from those who are never satisfied with what they have or don't like changes. Those poeple believe they have to post the same overused arguments ten times a day in different threads, otherwise they are feared that their opinion is underrepresented in the forums and this could lead to changes from CCP which "ruins the game" for them. This counts for both sides.

I think CCP is handling the situation very balanced though neither of the sides does see it like this.
pussnheels
Viziam
#50 - 2012-05-31 11:30:19 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
Drei Ontalas wrote:
Ludi Burek wrote:
You assume all Hi-Sec players = carebear sperglords likr yourself. The hate is directed at the whiners that want to change the game we've loved for years. Also the overwhelming influx of these whiners is worrying.

Eve is the last stronghold of worthwhile on-line gaming. Quiet simply, what they want is certain death for eve.

What do they want? and how will it kill EVE?

What they want: 100% safe "on rails" experience, with optional PvP (see: WoW, SWTOR, etc as examples of this type of gameplay).

Why it will kill EVE: Because once you put things "on rails", you kill the sandbox. The sandbox is the main reason that I (and many other people) came to this game.

Sure, "sandbox" means you can play however you want ... and mining "in safety" can be done. You just have to realize that everyone else logged in can ALSO play however they want.

CCP, Tyrannis Expansion wrote:
Your goals may align with some ... and with others, collide with the force of suns

Another false statement nobody wants a100% safe region it goes against everything eve stands for, only the new players and the griefers want this

Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#51 - 2012-05-31 11:30:34 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
This hate is new, it wasn't here until around Incarna

This has been going on since Feb 2008 that I know of (when I started the game).

New guys (without a lot of experience or assets) visit the forums and see all the threads and the answers people are given... and take offense.

Doesn't matter - it'll stay the same

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Cpt Roghie
Chemical Invasion Co.
#52 - 2012-05-31 11:32:24 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Cpt Roghie wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I can't really say it's for money, as I don't know if profit is being made. But what I can say with certainty is that Goonswarm tends to loath carebears by their own admittance. The Mittani himself has recently gone about a rant on how carebears feel "self-entitled" and how it's his job to rid Eve of this vermin; funny that coming from him.

If I remember correctly, 70% of a hulk is made of Technitum. Guess who controlls the most of that? Yep. Its profitable for them, even though they love blowing hulks up for ***** n giggles anyways.

This could be fun.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#53 - 2012-05-31 11:32:35 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Those are all fair questions. The call to arms that I believe your are referring to is here.

If you want to mine Scordite in high sec feel free and encouraged to do so. It's your game. It's a sandbox. Play it the way you want. But PVP in this game is not optional.

If you want to run missions in a pimp fit CNR by all means there are many, many agents in high sec to give you those missions. It's your game. It's a sandbox. Play it the way you want. But PVP in this game is not optional.

As far as why to encourage them to move to lower sec space. Two reasons:

1. Because PVP and only PVP drives the market. PVP means that players are losing ships. Players have to buy new ships. If no one is buying ships then no one needs to build ships. Furthermore, if no one is building ships no one is buying minerals. No demand for minerals - no demand for miners.

2. PVP Enthusiasts (pirates, thugs, insert expletive of the month here) need targets. People in high sec used to come through low sec and you'd occasionally get blown up at a gate camp. No one from hi sec comes to low sec anymore because it's not safe (I know, the horror!). Since the targets won't go to low sec, the PVP Enthusiasts will come to high sec. Because that's where the targets are.

The "hate" as you describe it is not directed at carebears -it is directed at the thundering mantra of "I should be 100% in a PVP Internet Spaceship game and CCP needs to fix this!!"

PVP is not optional in Eve. If you get blown up that is the game working as intended. Don't come here and complain because you pay for a game that you don't like.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2012-05-31 11:33:10 UTC
Vile rat wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

If mining and missioning in hi sec aren't problems to these sociopaths, then why the incessant call to arms from the "hardcore PVPer" community to attack and kill them? Why the constant belligerence and belittling against them? Why the unfounded and deliberate accusations that carebears are greedy and stupid? Why the constant whining and crying about moving missions and anything remotely fun to them into lo/null sec? Why the constant whining that carebears should be kicked out of NPC corps and hi sec altogether?

Going to give you the best answer I can on this. There is no secret conspiracy, there is no movement to push miners out of highsec so we can somehow gain an economic advantage. All of that is just garbage posted by people upset about the situation and powerless to impact it.

Why do we do it? Why do we kill hulk pilots in empire with cheap disposable ships?

It's fun!

^This. People are sooo over analyzing things that some of the 'conspiracy theories' doesn't even make sense.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#55 - 2012-05-31 11:35:30 UTC
Asuri Kinnes wrote:
Tallian Saotome wrote:

You can push it back even further.

There have always been people who need to feel special and scream that someone else is a threat to their specialness.

It's the projection that cracks me up. Blink
Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#56 - 2012-05-31 11:36:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Asuri Kinnes
Drei Ontalas wrote:
CCP bills EVE as a game of risk, but what would be the problem with Hi-sec (not the rest of the game) being turned into a themepark?

Because the markets, manufacturing and everything are tied together......

Edit to add: Anything that affected low/null would have to be removed from hi-sec altogether. Why? Because there would be no cost to do anything in hi-sec.

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

pussnheels
Viziam
#57 - 2012-05-31 11:37:37 UTC
Vile rat wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

It's fun!

Thats a very thin line between normal gameplay and outright griefing , keep up with those comments and you find alot of your people and fans on the wrongside of the banhammer
Goons Delenda Est

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#58 - 2012-05-31 11:37:42 UTC
Asuri Kinnes wrote:
Tallian Saotome wrote:

New guys (without a lot of experience or assets) visit the forums and see all the threads and the answers people are given... and take offense.

Doesn't matter - it'll stay the same

Not trying to claim there was no hate on the forums all these years, there has been, but the past year since Incarna it has increased to these insane levels we have now, and I am of the opinion that Incarna itself is the main reason. Single most carebear oriented expansion ever, purely intended to pull the themepark MMO crowd to EVE.

ofc, I tend to think incarna is the root of most of whats wrong with EVE today Cool

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#59 - 2012-05-31 11:39:30 UTC
pussnheels wrote:
Goons Delenda Est

/props
Velicitia
XS Tech
#60 - 2012-05-31 11:45:01 UTC
pussnheels wrote:

Another false statement nobody wants a100% safe region it goes against everything eve stands for, only the new players and the griefers want this

so if the new players and greifers want a 100% safe area... new players and griefers are nobody?

Or am I missing something key here?

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia