These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

MASS EXODUS from EvE. CCP must listen. LET YOUR ACCOUNT EXPIRE

First post
Author
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#61 - 2012-05-30 04:43:12 UTC
My kingdom for a dislike button on the OP's post.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Lucy Ferrr
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2012-05-30 04:59:12 UTC
Malphilos wrote:

If you continue paying for a game you don't enjoy, you're an idiot. If you continue paying for a game you don't enjoy because someone calls you chicken for taking your money elsewhere, you're an infantile idiot.

If your response to someone quitting a game they don't enjoy appeals to that infantile urge...

But that is not his response to someone quitting the game. That his response of someone coming to the forum bitching about how they are unsubbing (although they probably didn't), then failed miserably at trying to get everyone to join in on his stupid cause.
Red Maiden
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2012-05-30 05:08:55 UTC
I just re-subbed because of this thread. Thanks OP!
Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2012-05-30 05:11:22 UTC
Malphilos wrote:
Mortimer Civeri wrote:
Malphilos wrote:
Mortimer Civeri wrote:
Brave Sir Robin ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely...

Semi-props on the reference, but this stuff always cracks me up.

If you continue paying for a game you don't enjoy, you're an idiot. If you continue paying for a game you don't enjoy because someone calls you chicken for taking your money elsewhere, you're an infantile idiot.

If your response to someone quitting a game they don't enjoy appeals to that infantile urge...

Well, turds are emergent too.

I'm going to quit, don't try to stop me.

Hook's an idiot.

You're the little fay guy with glasses?

Not sure you've thought this through.
Um yea, OP is Hook, you are Smee (that little fay guy with glasses how apt,) and I am the audience, chuckling at the absolute absurdity of the whole tableau placed before us.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

pussnheels
Viziam
#65 - 2012-05-30 05:13:28 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
Cry more. Next time don't play sandbox games if you don't enjoy the genre.

Bad news for you idiot this isn t a sandbox any more this is quickly becoming griefing online

But what most of you kids don t realize. Is that by chasing away the majority of subscriptions you will kill the game
But that is what the goons always wanted right

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#66 - 2012-05-30 06:21:55 UTC
Atomic Virulent wrote:
PVP was a part of the game we could choose, not be forced into.

Oh dear my good man, it seems you didn't read the back of the box. I am afraid combat it is very much non optional and it has always been thus.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#67 - 2012-05-30 06:25:07 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Dear Mister Atomic Virulent:

You have my full support, sir. As an employed father of four and a taxpayer, I cannot in good conscience support a company that advocates sadistic psychopathy and barbaric terrorism. I have therefore ubsubscribed my four accounts, which include a fleet of three Hulk-class raw material procurement vessels and an Orca-class mobile mining command outpost. These accounts will remain unsubscribed until CCP starts administering their licensed property by proper, modern standards. The steps CCP needs to take are the full elimination of hostility in guaranteed space, and the elimination of player-ganksing by utilizing the pvps. The server managers need to realize that without our presence and efforts, EVE Online will never make it to electronics store shelves, and will damage the integrity of the coveted Lucasfilm trademark.

I have also sought counsel with my legal advocate regarding a potential internets lawsuit against the game's Goon Managers (GMs), who I believe are conspiring against the integrity of this space simulation because they are working for the internets terrorist group Anonymous. The lawsuit will also seek compensation for the asset losses I have incurred through the unsanctioned actions of the hackers who penetrated server security and destroyed my assets in my own mining environment; the Goon Managers declined compensation even after I filed numerous support ticket claims. I will also be contacting NASA to warn them of the potential dangers these rogue elements pose to their space program.

Yours truly,

Aggravated Customer

Didn't read the OP but I support this

Siobhan MacLeary
Doomheim
#68 - 2012-05-30 06:31:55 UTC
Darn, and here I was thinking that this was a mass exodus in response to a fuckup on the same level as Incarna.

I was sad to see that it was just more sweet, sweet tears streaming down a carebear's face.

Have fun in your theme park, kiddies. I'll be out here in the Wild Wild West whilst you're being led around by the hand and pretending to be a real cowboy.

Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.” - CCP Soundwave

DeBingJos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2012-05-30 06:36:09 UTC
The first thing I'll do when I get home is resub my alt!

If all the whiners are leaving CCP must be doing something right!

Ungi maðurinn þekkir reglurnar, en gamli maðurinn þekkir undantekningarnar. The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.

Raman Altol
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2012-05-30 06:37:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Raman Altol
As I miner I was ecstatic to find out hulkageddon is now year round. What it does is weed out the miners who either don't know how to operate under hostile conditions in hisec or are too lazy/uncaring to bother. This serves to eliminate much of my competition enabling me to sell my minerals at greatly increased prices. I've made more money during hulkageddon than I have ever made during my last five years playing the game and I just started mining a few months ago which has allowed me to richly finance my PVP career. All this means is that miners need to adapt and survive or find another profession.
Lexmana
#71 - 2012-05-30 06:37:52 UTC
I like this unsubbing idea. It will make the game healthier in the long run. Some people should really be somewhere else. Or adapt. Evolution at its finest.
Orzo Torasson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2012-05-30 06:55:16 UTC
pussnheels wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
Cry more. Next time don't play sandbox games if you don't enjoy the genre.

Bad news for you idiot this isn t a sandbox any more this is quickly becoming griefing online

But what most of you kids don t realize. Is that by chasing away the majority of subscriptions you will kill the game

It would probably be a little more balanced if all the pubbies actually tried to band together and do something about it for a change, instead of stamping their feet here about how they're definitely going to let their subscription lapse this month, no really I am I swear this time I'm serious.

But please, keep up the good fight on the forums instead.
Shogun Archer
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2012-05-30 07:05:10 UTC
Helena Russell Makanen wrote:
Karak Terrel wrote:

You may actually be right, this is more like PvM, Player vs. Miner. After all you don't really "play" the game you just sit AFK in some belts. Lol

Actually you don't really "play the game" if you think you are superior by fighting unarmed ships. That the best you can do? Weak.

Hulks have a drone bay. Drones can have guns.

If you run into more than 2 a**holes in a day, you should probably look in the mirror.

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#74 - 2012-05-30 07:08:01 UTC
Exodus! Movement of Ja people! Say "bye" to another Visa, CCP.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#75 - 2012-05-30 07:14:24 UTC
Orzo Torasson wrote:
pussnheels wrote:

It would probably be a little more balanced if all the pubbies actually tried to band together and do something about it for a change, instead of stamping their feet here about how they're definitely going to let their subscription lapse this month, no really I am I swear this time I'm serious.

But please, keep up the good fight on the forums instead.

Forums PvP, where you never get blueballed, only locked up, so to speak.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Sentinel Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2012-05-30 08:13:00 UTC
I'm generally a highsec miner.. Hulkageddon has had limited effect on me.. Cause you know, I'm not an idiot..

But with this extending action must be taken.. so I'll join some friend in a WH and probably make as much, or more..

Much more fun that raging on the forums and unsubbing my account to play Hello Kitty Online..
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#77 - 2012-05-30 08:15:38 UTC
Sentinel Smith wrote:
Much more fun that raging on the forums and unsubbing my account to play Hello Kitty Online..

I don't know why people keep saying that. It's actually a really nice game.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Richard Desturned
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#78 - 2012-05-30 08:17:06 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Sentinel Smith wrote:

I don't know why people keep saying that. It's actually a really nice game.

would you say it's ~kawaii~

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Myxx
The Scope
#79 - 2012-05-30 08:17:49 UTC
Subbing a second account soon just because of the OP. Glorious. I actually somewhat support goonswarm's threat at this point. Whiny risk averse bastards.
Blake Sarain
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#80 - 2012-05-30 08:18:58 UTC
Sorry to break it to the OP, but everything in eve is PvP. You don't get a choice. Every market transaction, every rock you mine, every ship you build, every NPC you explode, every person you kill (be it in a gank or a pitched fleet battle) is PvP.

You are participating in your wars, or other peoples wars. Directly, or indirectly - but you are participating and you started participating the moment you hopped into your first n00b frigate and started running tutorial missions.

Goons have every right to declare a never ending war on highsec mining. Doing so suits their goals in their space where far more important things then you unsubbing concern them.

You have no choice. The choice is an illusion.

You do have a choice to play smarter - don't warp to zero on a belt in a paper thin hulk. Sacrifice some yield and tank it. Better yet fly something that cannot be easily ganked. Buddies and fleet boosts, people to shoot back, the list of things you have a choice with go on and on and on.

But you don't get a choice on PvP. You login you are playing in the sandbox. If someone wants to kick sand in your face then so be it.

Pretty sure all of this was made clear to you when you know, read about the game before deciding to play????