These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

MASS EXODUS from EvE. CCP must listen. LET YOUR ACCOUNT EXPIRE

First post
Author
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#41 - 2012-05-30 01:41:46 UTC
Ituhata Saken wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Benilopax wrote:
If only you guys would start communicating, loads of you guys must be skilled to fly combat ships form together create a coalition, fight back.

You might just have some fun in the process...

Asteroids don't talk, why should they.

BTW, what does HTFU mean? And why does CCP say it?

I never wanted to ask, just like I never wanted to ask what a pet is, I'm afraid people will look at me like I was supposed to know.

I'm just assuming it means harden the eff up.

heart the **** up?

Don't think the OP, and a few other people around here, understands what that means though. Pretty sure CCP is aware of the kind of game they run.

What are people going to do when they realize that someone just wardecked their little corp, and all of their PI infastructures just go blown to ****. Stupid question, we already know.
Maz Ngomo
Doomheim
#42 - 2012-05-30 01:45:46 UTC
Already done (but not because you say so).

But seriously, why do people start threads like this? All it does is feeds the trolls and griefers out there and makes you look like a whiny fool.

Just sayin'. What?
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2012-05-30 02:08:36 UTC
Atomic Virulent wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Benilopax wrote:
If only you guys would start communicating, loads of you guys must be skilled to fly combat ships form together create a coalition, fight back.

You might just have some fun in the process...

But hey might become PvPers. And when they return and see the other miners who stayed behind, their hands might stray to their pvp ships, and then... oh dear.

Ganking is and never will be PvP, no matter what the sick little Goon world thinks it is. You are cowards. Plain and simple. C O W A R D S.

PvP. Player Versus Player.

is the ganker a player? yes.
is the miner a player? yes.
are they interacting? yes.
in said interaction, si their a loser and a winner? yes.

this IS pvp, by definition. albeit onesided, you can't argue against it being pvp.
Richard Desturned
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#44 - 2012-05-30 02:09:35 UTC
Atomic Virulent wrote:
PVP was a part of the game we could choose, not be forced into.[/b]

This is where you're wrong.

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-05-30 02:11:55 UTC
Bootleg Jack wrote:
Wait, you mean when backed into a corner computer gamers won't fight for their lives like it was RL, they will just walk away and play another game?

Go Figure...

Bet CCP was hoping for some epic standoff Cool

Shocking, huh?

Srs bisness, to be sure.
Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-05-30 02:14:27 UTC
Brave Sir Robin ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Maya Shouna
Doomheim
#47 - 2012-05-30 02:17:00 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
OP, its people like you make me wish I knew someone on SA just so I could join Goons and kill people like you in game.

you don't have to be in goons EVERYONE is in on the rewards of killing them, all you have to do is api register on eve kill, its in the very helpful tutorial here: http://hulkageddon5.machine9.net/?page_id=7

Remember Goonswarm Loves You
Maya Shouna
Doomheim
#48 - 2012-05-30 02:17:44 UTC
Mortimer Civeri wrote:
Bravely ran away, away!
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!

I cannot give you enough +rep for this good sir
Innominate
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#49 - 2012-05-30 02:28:09 UTC
Packert wrote:

Since CCP doesnot seem to control EVE in game it would seem the only alternative to stay in game is to join GS or unsub from game.

While many people quit when they realize EVE isn't WoW-in-space, more join for exactly the same reason.
Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#50 - 2012-05-30 02:32:15 UTC
Mortimer Civeri wrote:
Bravely ran away, away!
He bravely...

Semi-props on the reference, but this stuff always cracks me up.

If you continue paying for a game you don't enjoy, you're an idiot. If you continue paying for a game you don't enjoy because someone calls you chicken for taking your money elsewhere, you're an infantile idiot.

If your response to someone quitting a game they don't enjoy appeals to that infantile urge...

Well, turds are emergent too.
Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2012-05-30 02:50:06 UTC
Malphilos wrote:
Mortimer Civeri wrote:
Bravely ran away, away!
He bravely...

If you continue paying for a game you don't enjoy, you're an idiot. If you continue paying for a game you don't enjoy because someone calls you chicken for taking your money elsewhere, you're an infantile idiot.

If your response to someone quitting a game they don't enjoy appeals to that infantile urge...

I'm going to quit, don't try to stop me.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#52 - 2012-05-30 03:13:54 UTC
Mortimer Civeri wrote:
Malphilos wrote:
Mortimer Civeri wrote:
Bravely ran away, away!
He bravely...

I'm going to quit, don't try to stop me.

Hook's an idiot.

You're the little fay guy with glasses?

Not sure you've thought this through.
Aurora Silvare
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2012-05-30 03:25:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Aurora Silvare
Kimmi Chan wrote:
There is a place in this game where you are ALWAYS 100% safe - It's called a station (unless Noir flies a Nyx into it - Gallente bastards).

According to Eve fiction, only Caldari stations are in danger of run away Nyx's.

And to the OP, I think you are totally missing the point of the term "sandbox".
Shaampoo
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2012-05-30 03:34:40 UTC
Nope what makes you think you can tell me what to do stop fear mongering

Any other reasons ?
Benny Ohu
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2012-05-30 03:34:45 UTC
So every time anything happens in EVE, someone posts in GD telling everyone to unsub?
Nostradamouse Riraille
S.M.U.G.G.L.E.
#56 - 2012-05-30 03:35:25 UTC
Yea, well, as a part miner player...

I'll have to say that Hulkageddon is great for Eve. It is most necessary. Ships have got to be blown up for any miner to sell anything. It's simply normal.

As we all know, since there is not "aging" in the ships and that they don't get scrapped because they broke and everything... it has to be replaced by something. That something is Hulkageddon.

Think about it. you have to break things to have people buy new stuff from you.

Therefore, I don't care how much hulkageddon is based on destruction, it is NECESSARY destruction.
Phoehnix
Swiss Tax Avoidance Bank Inc
#57 - 2012-05-30 03:54:42 UTC
If you unsubscribe over something like this EVE isn't the game for you.

Deal with it.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#58 - 2012-05-30 04:09:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Destiny Corrupted
Dear Mister Atomic Virulent:

You have my full support, sir. As an employed father of four and a taxpayer, I cannot in good conscience support a company that advocates sadistic psychopathy and barbaric terrorism. I have therefore ubsubscribed my four accounts, which include a fleet of three Hulk-class raw material procurement vessels and an Orca-class mobile mining command outpost. These accounts will remain unsubscribed until CCP starts administering their licensed property by proper, modern standards. The steps CCP needs to take are the full elimination of hostility in guaranteed space, and the elimination of player-ganksing by utilizing the pvps. The server managers need to realize that without our presence and efforts, EVE Online will never make it to electronics store shelves, and will damage the integrity of the coveted Lucasfilm trademark.

I have also sought counsel with my legal advocate regarding a potential internets lawsuit against the game's Goon Managers (GMs), who I believe are conspiring against the integrity of this space simulation because they are working for the internets terrorist group Anonymous. The lawsuit will also seek compensation for the asset losses I have incurred through the unsanctioned actions of the hackers who penetrated server security and destroyed my assets in my own mining environment; the Goon Managers declined compensation even after I filed numerous support ticket claims. I will also be contacting NASA to warn them of the potential dangers these rogue elements pose to their space program.

Yours truly,

Aggravated Customer

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#59 - 2012-05-30 04:32:07 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Dear Mister Atomic Virulent:

You have my full support, sir. As an employed father of four and a taxpayer, I cannot in good conscience support a company that advocates sadistic psychopathy and barbaric terrorism. I have therefore ubsubscribed my four accounts, which include a fleet of three Hulk-class raw material procurement vessels and an Orca-class mobile mining command outpost. These accounts will remain unsubscribed until CCP starts administering their licensed property by proper, modern standards. The steps CCP needs to take are the full elimination of hostility in guaranteed space, and the elimination of player-ganksing by utilizing the pvps. The server managers need to realize that without our presence and efforts, EVE Online will never make it to electronics store shelves, and will damage the integrity of the coveted Lucasfilm trademark.

I have also sought counsel with my legal advocate regarding a potential internets lawsuit against the game's Goon Managers (GMs), who I believe are conspiring against the integrity of this space simulation because they are working for the internets terrorist group Anonymous. The lawsuit will also seek compensation for the asset losses I have incurred through the unsanctioned actions of the hackers who penetrated server security and destroyed my assets in my own mining environment; the Goon Managers declined compensation even after I filed numerous support ticket claims. I will also be contacting NASA to warn them of the potential dangers these rogue elements pose to their space program.

Yours truly,

Aggravated Customer

Read it all. That was amazing.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Serene Repose
#60 - 2012-05-30 04:32:13 UTC
Fear not. Already done. And...I paid with real money.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.