These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Post if you are unsubing over the new inventory, as thats the only way CCP listens

First post
Author
Ginseng Jita
PAN-EVE TRADING COMPANY
#81 - 2012-05-23 06:35:46 UTC
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Danfen Fenix wrote:
Honestly, if you're going to quit over a new inventory system, then I don't think CCP wants you.

Sure, whine about it, moan about it until it gets fixed. But to quit? The system, while a hindrance, is not game breaking. So it takes you a while to get used to it, so some actions take you longer to do? So what?



Can I have your stuffz ? P


it is game breaking for my game, if its not for you, great. too bad you =/= me eh? I guess eve was made for you all along


What...did your mining bot go boom?
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#82 - 2012-05-23 06:37:48 UTC
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Comet Catcher wrote:
It's not THAT bad. Sure it's different and they'll change it if people complain about it. You should know how CCP works.

Stop going on /v/-style underageb& ragefits..


who's raging? Im unsubing. Kids rage crap they can't change, adults find something else to do with there time. And with that, I'm off, I will keep any eye out for dev post / dev blogs while I play some other games.


:D

You are not only raging, you are ragequitting Lol

What was your reason anyway? Inventory window has a bunch of new functionality, is more responsive and looks better. It made my inventory-related tasks much faster :)

.

Senarian Tyme
Serenity Rising LLC
#83 - 2012-05-23 06:42:29 UTC
Not Quitting!

Just refusing to pay good cash for an obviously unfinished product that was marketed as ready.

When said product is actually ready for full use, funding will resume.
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#84 - 2012-05-23 06:43:41 UTC
Ginseng Jita wrote:
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Danfen Fenix wrote:
Honestly, if you're going to quit over a new inventory system, then I don't think CCP wants you.

Sure, whine about it, moan about it until it gets fixed. But to quit? The system, while a hindrance, is not game breaking. So it takes you a while to get used to it, so some actions take you longer to do? So what?



Can I have your stuffz ? P


it is game breaking for my game, if its not for you, great. too bad you =/= me eh? I guess eve was made for you all along


What...did your mining bot go boom?


gimme a break, who's botting. I just got a plex for the 1st time ever though because I wanted to be able to keep complaining. GG on making some BS up though.

Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2012-05-23 06:44:13 UTC
Senarian Tyme wrote:
Not Quitting!

Just refusing to pay good cash for an obviously unfinished product that was marketed as ready.

When said product is actually ready for full use, funding will resume.


That is what I am talking about here, but w/e
Aerich e'Kieron
Peace.Keepers
#86 - 2012-05-23 06:44:39 UTC
This change isn't enough to make me unsub. Not a chance actually, because I love blowing people up too much.

What it does do though is make me pissed off, that whoever designed this clearly doesn't have an understanding of the needs of the player base. That they never read much, or seemingly any, of the feedback we put into the 'test server feedback' section addressing these horrible issues many times over.

Being so blatantly out-of-touch with everything, after they ask for our feedback and opinions, and then ignore them and do **** without regard.



It ruins my opinion of them, their game, and what was perhaps an illusion of them actually caring about what's going to improve this game I love so much.


^
I won't quit, it's just disappointing and a bit depressing. And that's the truth.
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#87 - 2012-05-23 06:45:13 UTC
Roime wrote:
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Comet Catcher wrote:
It's not THAT bad. Sure it's different and they'll change it if people complain about it. You should know how CCP works.

Stop going on /v/-style underageb& ragefits..


who's raging? Im unsubing. Kids rage crap they can't change, adults find something else to do with there time. And with that, I'm off, I will keep any eye out for dev post / dev blogs while I play some other games.


:D

You are not only raging, you are ragequitting Lol

What was your reason anyway? Inventory window has a bunch of new functionality, is more responsive and looks better. It made my inventory-related tasks much faster :)


what a joke, that is cool though, troll on about something you don't understand, kid
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2012-05-23 06:46:39 UTC
Aerich e'Kieron wrote:
This change isn't enough to make me unsub. Not a chance actually, because I love blowing people up too much.

What it does do though is make me pissed off, that whoever designed this clearly doesn't have an understanding of the needs of the player base. That they never read much, or seemingly any, of the feedback we put into the 'test server feedback' section addressing these horrible issues many times over.

Being so blatantly out-of-touch with everything, after they ask for our feedback and opinions, and then ignore them and do **** without regard.



It ruins my opinion of them, their game, and what was perhaps an illusion of them actually caring about what's going to improve this game I love so much.


^
I won't quit, it's just disappointing and a bit depressing. And that's the truth.


that is why I am unsub'ing, they ignore everything else, as the last year has shown
Andemnon Kohort
3WAYFOUNDATIONS
#89 - 2012-05-23 06:49:59 UTC
only been playing since 2004.. but.. this was one patch too far.. i won't be back until my inventory is!!!

-2 accts.
Fleet Me
War Eagle Rangers
#90 - 2012-05-23 06:49:59 UTC
inventory sucks this is like the freaking crusible the inventory is like the Freaking Wall/ Door.

Comon GIve it atleast as a Option or PLS just change it back
Maximille Biagge
Hydra Eternal
#91 - 2012-05-23 06:52:13 UTC
Zortarath wrote:
Seriously considering it for all 7 accounts. New inventory sucks. Such a pain in the ass. Leave it in there, but give me back my damn cargohold without having to do a bunch of extra **** to get other things open too.


bunch of extra **** like "shift-clicking" you mean? lol

also not unsubbing because the new inventory rules and i'm sure you lot could muster enough braincells between you to figure it out too :)
Raman Altol
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#92 - 2012-05-23 06:52:53 UTC
Confirming I will in fact NOT be unsubbing my 18 accounts. It seems as though every time CCP changes something that people have been accustom to for years the first thing they do is threaten to rage quit the game. I mean seriously if you have issues with the inventory make suggestions, let your opinion be heard but to threaten to completely give up over something that, believe it or not, is not game breaking and will probably be tweaked, after playing with it for less than 24 hours is just ridiculous.
Kerist Lafayette
The Lafayette Family
#93 - 2012-05-23 06:57:34 UTC
I'm unsubbing all my 37 accounts. Also, my Megathron Navy Issue is exactly the wrong shade of green and it made it impossible for me to use as it clashes with my wallpaper. I expect to be fully reimbursed by CCP.
And don't get me started on the low shield/armor alert! Do you have any idea of what it does to my hamster? I'm not only unsubbing, I am making my neighbour's kids join EVE so they can unsub too!

(seriously though, the inventory is crap)
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2012-05-23 07:02:22 UTC
Kerist Lafayette wrote:
I'm unsubbing all my 37 accounts. Also, my Megathron Navy Issue is exactly the wrong shade of green and it made it impossible for me to use as it clashes with my wallpaper. I expect to be fully reimbursed by CCP.
And don't get me started on the low shield/armor alert! Do you have any idea of what it does to my hamster? I'm not only unsubbing, I am making my neighbour's kids join EVE so they can unsub too!

(seriously though, the inventory is crap)


lolz
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#95 - 2012-05-23 07:03:26 UTC
Raman Altol wrote:
Confirming I will in fact NOT be unsubbing my 18 accounts. It seems as though every time CCP changes something that people have been accustom to for years the first thing they do is threaten to rage quit the game. I mean seriously if you have issues with the inventory make suggestions, let your opinion be heard but to threaten to completely give up over something that, believe it or not, is not game breaking and will probably be tweaked, after playing with it for less than 24 hours is just ridiculous.


What a joke,
We have done as you suggest,
Game of Drones ignored us,
Now this
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#96 - 2012-05-23 07:04:39 UTC
Malice Redeemer wrote:

what a joke, that is cool though, troll on about something you don't understand, kid


Dude, you are the clueless one here.

Can you even try to explain your gripes with the inventory?

.

Hrothgar Nilsson
#97 - 2012-05-23 07:29:31 UTC
They could put an option in the graphics/UI settings window that could be checked to re-enable the old inventory windows.

Not sure if this is worth ragequitting over though.
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#98 - 2012-05-23 07:34:47 UTC
Hrothgar Nilsson wrote:
They could put an option in the graphics/UI settings window that could be checked to re-enable the old inventory windows.

Not sure if this is worth ragequitting over though.


they can't do that, they will have to fix this one. Jesus I really just don't get that no one understands how software development works.
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2012-05-23 07:36:26 UTC
Roime wrote:
Malice Redeemer wrote:

what a joke, that is cool though, troll on about something you don't understand, kid


Dude, you are the clueless one here.

Can you even try to explain your gripes with the inventory?


No, because its all over the test forums. Trippa even made a video explaining the problems. We where ignored and this mess was pushed to live, get it?
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#100 - 2012-05-23 07:40:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Antihrist Pripravnik
I don't think this is necessary. The idea of the new inventory system is good in its base, but the implementation was bad. I think that they have taken into account all the suggestions players made on the test server feedback section and on the Inferno Feedback Thread, but simply didn't have time to finish the development process prior to launch. That doesn't mean the development process has not started yet, or if it didn't already that it will not start right after fixing the critical issues that every major expansion brings (in Infernos' example those are chat bugs).

It's bad that they haven't though thoroughly about details and everyday use of the inventory system, but that happens sometimes in programming. I'm sure the issues will be resolved.

At this point it is important to filter out every use case scenario that is not currently well designed and post it to the feedback thread (along with a suggestion on how it should be implemented, if possible). Be vocal in a constructive way.