These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Post if you are unsubing over the new inventory, as thats the only way CCP listens

First post
Author
Kleiner Vance
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#181 - 2012-05-23 12:16:51 UTC
The OP:

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll! EVERYONE IS UNSUBBING BECAUSE OF THIS!"
Baby ChuChu
Ice Cream Asylum
#182 - 2012-05-23 12:17:31 UTC
Like seriously....@all you people who are leaving: can i have your stuff? No joke. If you're not going to be using it then send it to me.
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#183 - 2012-05-23 12:19:09 UTC
New inventory system works, I have had no problem with it except the window popping up after session changes which with luck is now fixed. Fact is I prefer it to the old inventory system.

OK there are bugs and glitches but there are those with every patch and are like this thread nothing new. Can't help wondering how many "unsubbing" here supposedly did so over the new font and will do the next time something is changed no matter in what way or how trivial.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#184 - 2012-05-23 12:19:35 UTC
Kleiner Vance wrote:
The OP:

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll! EVERYONE IS UNSUBBING BECAUSE OF THIS!"


Wow, what a joke, put more words in my mouth. No one has disagreed with me in this thread, at all. Just trolling. maybe you might try learning the diff?
Seldarine
Resolute Supremacy
#185 - 2012-05-23 12:20:24 UTC
new inventory is an absolute joke

not unsubbing, just voicing my opinion.

Having to shift click to open a second window, as if that's some rare thing people are unlikely to ever do ? I thought upgraded inventory systems were always about making things easier, not making things more difficult.

Just basic functionality that real eve players use on a daily basis is removed by stupid, ****** devs who clearly don't know **** about the game they are designing for.
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#186 - 2012-05-23 12:20:49 UTC
Samillian wrote:
New inventory system works, I have had no problem with it except the window popping up after session changes which with luck is now fixed. Fact is I prefer it to the old inventory system.

OK there are bugs and glitches but there are those with every patch and are like this thread nothing new. Can't help wondering how many "unsubbing" here supposedly did so over the new font and will do the next time something is changed no matter in what way or how trivial.


its cute that people like you keep posting, trying to rationalize away this problem.
Hannibal Ord
Fer-De-Lance
#187 - 2012-05-23 12:23:31 UTC
Seldarine wrote:
new inventory is an absolute joke

not unsubbing, just voicing my opinion.

Having to shift click to open a second window, as if that's some rare thing people are unlikely to ever do ? I thought upgraded inventory systems were always about making things easier, not making things more difficult.

Just basic functionality that real eve players use on a daily basis is removed by stupid, ****** devs who clearly don't know **** about the game they are designing for.


Right click to open a window.
Andrea Roche
State War Academy
Caldari State
#188 - 2012-05-23 12:24:10 UTC
Citizens of the republic,

Dont forget to contract all your belongings to me prior choosing exile!

Long live the republic!
Kleiner Vance
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#189 - 2012-05-23 12:24:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Kleiner Vance
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Kleiner Vance wrote:
The OP:

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll! EVERYONE IS UNSUBBING BECAUSE OF THIS!"


Wow, what a joke, put more words in my mouth. No one has disagreed with me in this thread, at all. Just trolling. maybe you might try learning the diff?



*Headdesk*

You're so self-absorbed you think everyone agrees with you?

FYI, I disagree with you, so your argument is invalid.
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#190 - 2012-05-23 12:26:11 UTC
Kleiner Vance wrote:
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Kleiner Vance wrote:
The OP:

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll! EVERYONE IS UNSUBBING BECAUSE OF THIS!"


Wow, what a joke, put more words in my mouth. No one has disagreed with me in this thread, at all. Just trolling. maybe you might try learning the diff?



*Headdesk*

You're so self-absorbed you think everyone agrees with you?

FYI, I disagree with you, so your argument is invalid.


you just don't understand the diff between an argument, and trolling, sorry bud, it really seems like you want to.
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#191 - 2012-05-23 12:28:00 UTC
Hannibal Ord wrote:
Seldarine wrote:
new inventory is an absolute joke

not unsubbing, just voicing my opinion.

Having to shift click to open a second window, as if that's some rare thing people are unlikely to ever do ? I thought upgraded inventory systems were always about making things easier, not making things more difficult.

Just basic functionality that real eve players use on a daily basis is removed by stupid, ****** devs who clearly don't know **** about the game they are designing for.


Right click to open a window.


that will not remember what container is has open, fantastically useful in all scenarios
Kleiner Vance
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#192 - 2012-05-23 12:31:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Kleiner Vance
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Kleiner Vance wrote:
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Kleiner Vance wrote:
The OP:

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll! EVERYONE IS UNSUBBING BECAUSE OF THIS!"


Wow, what a joke, put more words in my mouth. No one has disagreed with me in this thread, at all. Just trolling. maybe you might try learning the diff?



*Headdesk*

You're so self-absorbed you think everyone agrees with you?

FYI, I disagree with you, so your argument is invalid.


you just don't understand the diff between an argument, and trolling, sorry bud, it really seems like you want to.


And you can't seem to realize that people don't have to make an argument to disagree with you.

But you want an argument, fine.

For a humble player like me, the new UI was easy enough to use once I figured it out. Do I have gripes with it? Yes. Am I quititing over it? No.
Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#193 - 2012-05-23 12:32:09 UTC
Oh man, this thread is full of geniuses.

1. Hit esc.
2. Hit 'merge items into station environment' under general
3. Yay, you have the old inventory back.

You can un-cancel your subs now, children.
Karsa Egivand
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#194 - 2012-05-23 12:32:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Karsa Egivand
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Samillian wrote:
New inventory system works, I have had no problem with it except the window popping up after session changes which with luck is now fixed. Fact is I prefer it to the old inventory system.

OK there are bugs and glitches but there are those with every patch and are like this thread nothing new. Can't help wondering how many "unsubbing" here supposedly did so over the new font and will do the next time something is changed no matter in what way or how trivial.


its cute that people like you keep posting, trying to rationalize away this problem.


Would you stop being so dismissive to people who disagree with you?

For me, the inventory system is a step forward (more precise: five steps forward, two steps back; yes, it does have a few issues). I can assure you, if they replaced this inventory system (if it had been in the game for years) with the old one, then you would have far more rage.

There are a lot of usage-scenarios where this one is superior.

Yes, they still have to iterate on it. But FOR ME, its certainly better to use now than before (i am a trader). And it promises to be MUCH better in the end, as the basic concept is superior to the old inventory system.

Also, you should start reading the posts of people who politely disagree with you, instead of calling them trolls. Quoting one of the more worthy ones:


Hannibal Ord wrote:
It's not that I don't respect that you have an opinion on the new UI good sir. You are certainly entitled to it and I will not argue that some aspects of the UI requires work.

Unfortunately it is that you are going out of your way to disrespect those who disagree with you. It is you who is saying that others are wrong and you are clearly right, even though they too have equal rights to liking the new system. So I'm basically trying to save any further embarrassment and hypocritical action on your own part.

Especially in regards to quitting EVE over it. It's very childish. This isn't CCP Fearless leak of how they are going to change the whole EVE universe. This is how we are interacting with the user interface and some of us actually are finding it much easier to use now. Like genuinely, no troll.

And for your information, I am playing EVE as we speak and not having many issues at all with it. The Devs are on the right track, they just need to adjust what they have introduced.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#195 - 2012-05-23 12:32:53 UTC
Garnoo wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
Patch notes for today's patch.

Some fixes to the Unified Inventory issues people have been running into. I know this doesn't cover everyone's concerns, just posting this in the relevant threads so everyone is aware of the current status.


Character Creator
A texture issue that occurred on female avatar’s ankles has been fixed.
A texture issue that occurred on female avatar’s necks has been fixed.


you saved us! Roll


Dude you KNOW you need to look at proper female ankles or else...
Kopfy
#196 - 2012-05-23 12:36:38 UTC
I'm a bit late to the party but here's the present http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxZDXUmGGsU&

I just had too...
Jett0
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#197 - 2012-05-23 12:45:00 UTC
There are a lot of people in this world right now that would kill to have the luxury of complaining about an online video game.

Occasionally plays sober

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#198 - 2012-05-23 12:57:48 UTC
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Samillian wrote:
New inventory system works, I have had no problem with it except the window popping up after session changes which with luck is now fixed. Fact is I prefer it to the old inventory system.

OK there are bugs and glitches but there are those with every patch and are like this thread nothing new. Can't help wondering how many "unsubbing" here supposedly did so over the new font and will do the next time something is changed no matter in what way or how trivial.


its cute that people like you keep posting, trying to rationalize away this problem.



"Cute"? You like that word, I expect you think its continual use is clever.

Your need to create a major problem out of a few glitches is the only real problem here, enjoy your moment in the sun because lets face it you like this issue will be forgotten soon enough.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Drew Solaert
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#199 - 2012-05-23 12:57:51 UTC
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Drew Solaert wrote:
What a shite reason to quit, try actually learning how to use the system probably and it's less clicking. Fecking tards need to L2P geniunely for once.


cute, but your wrong. cool to jump on a bandwangon though huh?


Ain't jumping on a bandwagon, I've made previous posts about the subject with reasons and even examples of why it's better. Can't be assed to repeat them in this shamble of a thread though.

I lied :o

Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#200 - 2012-05-23 13:01:05 UTC
Samillian wrote:
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Samillian wrote:
New inventory system works, I have had no problem with it except the window popping up after session changes which with luck is now fixed. Fact is I prefer it to the old inventory system.

OK there are bugs and glitches but there are those with every patch and are like this thread nothing new. Can't help wondering how many "unsubbing" here supposedly did so over the new font and will do the next time something is changed no matter in what way or how trivial.


its cute that people like you keep posting, trying to rationalize away this problem.



"Cute"? You like that word, I expect you think its continual use is clever.

Your need to create a major problem out of a few glitches is the only real problem here, enjoy your moment in the sun because lets face it you like this issue will be forgotten soon enough.


its getting under your skin, mission accomplished, go do find a bridge