These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ship colors getting worse with every patch... :-(

Author
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-05-22 20:27:09 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
http://youtu.be/KBasn-hkt74

Pligrim is awesome. all news ships are, I should make a video of all new colors

preview Window is too dark, don't base what you think off of it.

If you show any person outside of Eve to describe the colors on the Guardian at 2:55, they would say brown more than anything else
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-05-22 20:28:53 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Jarne wrote:
It started with the "improvement" of ship (shader) models in what was called the "premium client" back then. All T1 Caldari ships got the same boring blue, all Gallente ships got that TERRIBLE highly-toxic-waste-green, etc.. I still hate the Gallente T1 style.

Nice T2 hulls like the Phobos got their colors totally washed out (I really liked the "classic" pink!). Also the Ishkur, Ishtar, and so on.

Now it hit the nicest (IMO) of all T2 ship hulls, and it hit them badly: Paladin, Absolution, Retribution. Did I forget one of those lovely ships patterned in gold and blood? Now the blood has dried, and it stinks :-(.

Edit: I totally forgot the Guardian, the Crusader and the Pilgrim, well and the Ark I think...

To make it worse, the nice Redeemer green is hardly a green anymore o.O.

Anybody else dislikes where this is going?

On the plus side, I really liked (and still like) the new Navy Geddon and Apocalypse painting. The new Damnation is also pretty awesome.

I don't think I have the absolute response, however may I ask you to consider some points:

-Directx used in Eve is not the latest one

-Hardware speaking, witch one is your graphic card? -witch leads to some other questions:
Are your drivers up to date?
Did you installed clean drivers and not on top (ATi GC's essentially since those are known for their horrible drivers)
Are you using some experimental drivers? (you shouldn't, but it's a personal opinion)
Are you sure your GC is working perfectly? (clean of all dust, proper drivers, proper connections/input(voltage)

Just a simple example and this is good for ATi as for nVidia cards, if you don't have the proper power plant in your system this can make you have tons of horrible graphic bugs. Be sure this is correct for your setup, many manufacturers offer you the possibility to watch this out with simple programs you can trust (known manufacturer)

I do have some issues with my GC too, however those are annoying only after at least 1K players in the same system. Doesn't mean I have a perfect stuff or whatever, far from me, but those little points can increase the number and quality of issues you can experience.

this is pure fail. Same card and drivers look great before update. Now look like **** after udpate
Tanaka Sekigahara
United Space Marine Corp
#23 - 2012-05-22 20:32:22 UTC
When will Caldari get back the beautiful jet black Nighthawk???

Why do half the caldari ships have red rings on them like some kid scribbled rings around the engines with a crayon?
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-05-22 20:39:12 UTC
Looked through a few Amarr ships I own.
Abaddon: Was pleased.
Retribution: Surprised at color reversal, but I like it.
Haven't had a chance to look at most of the others. But from what I've seen I like it.
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2012-05-22 20:44:34 UTC
Lyron-Baktos wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
http://youtu.be/KBasn-hkt74

Pligrim is awesome. all news ships are, I should make a video of all new colors

preview Window is too dark, don't base what you think off of it.

If you show any person outside of Eve to describe the colors on the Guardian at 2:55, they would say brown more than anything else

in both windows right? hanger view too? That's all I'm asking. but it does look better, preview window needs a fix

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-05-22 20:48:30 UTC
Lyron-Baktos wrote:
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Jarne wrote:
It started with the "improvement" of ship (shader) models in what was called the "premium client" back then. All T1 Caldari ships got the same boring blue, all Gallente ships got that TERRIBLE highly-toxic-waste-green, etc.. I still hate the Gallente T1 style.

Nice T2 hulls like the Phobos got their colors totally washed out (I really liked the "classic" pink!). Also the Ishkur, Ishtar, and so on.

Now it hit the nicest (IMO) of all T2 ship hulls, and it hit them badly: Paladin, Absolution, Retribution. Did I forget one of those lovely ships patterned in gold and blood? Now the blood has dried, and it stinks :-(.

Edit: I totally forgot the Guardian, the Crusader and the Pilgrim, well and the Ark I think...

To make it worse, the nice Redeemer green is hardly a green anymore o.O.

Anybody else dislikes where this is going?

On the plus side, I really liked (and still like) the new Navy Geddon and Apocalypse painting. The new Damnation is also pretty awesome.

I don't think I have the absolute response, however may I ask you to consider some points:

-Directx used in Eve is not the latest one

-Hardware speaking, witch one is your graphic card? -witch leads to some other questions:
Are your drivers up to date?
Did you installed clean drivers and not on top (ATi GC's essentially since those are known for their horrible drivers)
Are you using some experimental drivers? (you shouldn't, but it's a personal opinion)
Are you sure your GC is working perfectly? (clean of all dust, proper drivers, proper connections/input(voltage)

Just a simple example and this is good for ATi as for nVidia cards, if you don't have the proper power plant in your system this can make you have tons of horrible graphic bugs. Be sure this is correct for your setup, many manufacturers offer you the possibility to watch this out with simple programs you can trust (known manufacturer)

I do have some issues with my GC too, however those are annoying only after at least 1K players in the same system. Doesn't mean I have a perfect stuff or whatever, far from me, but those little points can increase the number and quality of issues you can experience.

this is pure fail. Same card and drivers look great before update. Now look like **** after udpate

I can actually tell you the opposite.

Maybe the problem doesn't come from your hardware but from the high opinion you have of your own hardware knowledge?

brb

Cat Casidy
Percussive Diplomacy
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#27 - 2012-05-22 21:10:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Cat Casidy
Are you out of your mind!? The new abso is the best looking ship in anything ever! Forget the links, I'm stowing the damnation and flying that thing everywhere from now on.

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-05-22 21:11:40 UTC
Ship colors aren't getting worse...your eyesight is.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

killorbekilled TBE
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2012-05-22 21:12:09 UTC
i for one am happy that ccp change the fire tail back to normal

:)

Rath Kelbore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-05-22 21:12:48 UTC
I have yet to see the newest batch of redone ships but at least the Caldari ships look sweet.

As far as gallente goes I am dissapointed in the comet, I liked my blue light.

I plan on living forever.......so far, so good.

Kolya Medz
Kolya Inc.
#31 - 2012-05-22 23:02:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Kolya Medz
I was very disappointed with the new carthum colours. Way too matte and dark for an amarr ship. I know the art people are trying to go for that dark cyberpunk look, but that look doesn't really fit the amarr. Their ships should look shiny and regal, not dark and matte...

Also, they're so brown, its ugly. I miss the shiny red from the old carthum colours.... :(
Terazul
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-05-22 23:14:18 UTC
I happen to find the shaders an immense improvement over the old, particularly when it comes to reflections/lighting.

Some of the color choices are questionable, yes, but it'll all make sense once turrets and missiles start lighting up ships...
Ilnaurk Sithdogron
Blackwater International
#33 - 2012-05-22 23:16:53 UTC
I think CCP did a great job with the Amarr ships. The gold finally looks like real metal instead of cheap plastic, and I for one like the tossing out of the cheesy looking blood red. Thanks, CCP!

Now Minmatar ships just need the overall. They look a tad ridiculous with the snazzy V3 launchers mounted on them.

http://eve-sojourn.blogspot.com/

Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-05-22 23:45:18 UTC
Here is a perfect example. The ships pictures on the market window has not yet been switched from the old style yet so you can perfectly see the difference between the two regarding color. This is from the same game client on the same monitor/graphics card and the difference is night and day. The market window pic is tiny but you can still easily see how the old colors are much brighter then the dull new colors

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-O7trLH1dLBQ/T7wkOV5Hb7I/AAAAAAAADyE/AI-KBcWNpIM/s1300/Guardian.png
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-05-22 23:53:33 UTC
Lyron-Baktos wrote:
Here is a perfect example. The ships pictures on the market window has not yet been switched from the old style yet so you can perfectly see the difference between the two regarding color. This is from the same game client on the same monitor/graphics card and the difference is night and day. The market window pic is tiny but you can still easily see how the old colors are much brighter then the dull new colors

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-O7trLH1dLBQ/T7wkOV5Hb7I/AAAAAAAADyE/AI-KBcWNpIM/s1300/Guardian.png

No, I can't actually because, as has been pointed out by others the preview window is very poorly lit.
Raven Solaris
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2012-05-22 23:56:02 UTC
It also helps if you're actually viewing the ships in front of a light source, like a sun, the preview window and station both tend to make your ship look like the "dark side" of the ship all over.

The Guardian/Paladin/etc's red just kind of went from being sharp metallic red to a matte burgundy, and when combined with the shinier, still metallic gold plating on the hulls, it actually makes quite a striking contrast, I like it.
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-05-23 00:08:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyron-Baktos
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Lyron-Baktos wrote:

No, I can't actually because, as has been pointed out by others the preview window is very poorly lit.

you need glasses then. the dull guardian colors are the same no matter where you look at it. There are plenty of pics of it in space and it's the same thing. dull and dirty
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2012-05-23 00:13:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Lyron-Baktos wrote:
if you can't see the difference in the red, then you need to get glasses

It looks like the light source is on the far side of the ship, so everything is darker. The color along the entire thing is darkened that way so you can't make a comparison of the red in the preview to that in the icon. But even if it was muted a bit, that may not be bad, can't say as the image you provided is useless for the purpose of making a color comparison.

Edit: If you have better images use those. Insulting someones eyesight because you posted a terrible picture doesn't make you right.
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-05-23 00:20:38 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Lyron-Baktos wrote:
if you can't see the difference in the red, then you need to get glasses

It looks like the light source is on the far side of the ship, so everything is darker. The color along the entire thing is darkened that way so you can't make a comparison of the red in the preview to that in the icon. But even if it was muted a bit, that may not be bad, can't say as the image you provided is useless for the purpose of making a color comparison.

Edit: If you have better images use those. Insulting someones eyesight because you posted a terrible picture doesn't make you right.

here are better examples

before
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/983/guardianbefore.png

after
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4848/guardianafter.png
Snuger
Dynamic Holdings
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2012-05-23 00:21:53 UTC
The new Paladin look sucks. Its suposed to be bright red (ontop) and not that rusty dark red on the sides.
The paladin is not a rusty brown/red ship like minmatar ones.
The new skin makes it look like a normal T1 Apoc from distance. The navy version of the Apoc though looks like before.

The new small logos on the side or front of the ship are nice on the other hand.

Sorry for my bad english spelling.