These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Inferno - Issues thread

First post
Author
Buddy Dude
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#781 - 2012-05-24 10:12:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Buddy Dude
i am noticing a glitch whenever i try and link a carrier fitting with many many drones, it askes to truncate the link....i say ok, as per usual, but the link ends up broken, in my chat and those who see it

i get this result, with fitting tool open, i click the name of my ship and drag to chat box, it then askes me to truncate the link, i then say ok, but the link never fails to be a broken one
Shalia Ripper
#782 - 2012-05-24 10:34:23 UTC
I am definitely not reading through 40 pages for my issues.

Love the new missile effects and launchers. That said, here are my issues with the new Unified Inventory -

1. I have to drag items veeeeerrrrryyyy slowly so they don't drop and make me select the item again. If I can find where it disappeared to.

2. If I select a group of items in an inventory window to drag to a new destination (ship or hangar in station) when I click to drag, the entire selection of items deselects. This will happen several time (as many as 10 or more) before I can finally get the group to move together.

3. Can't drag items to the fitting window. EVER. Well, sometimes ammo will drag, but only after giving me an error message about not being able to put that there. (Sounds like an ex-gf of mine).

4. Can only drag items to link in chat veeeeerrrrrryyyyy slowly. Also, have issue with attempting to drag char names into chat as well. Info windows will frequently open instead.

5. To move any unpinned window I will have to click on it multiple times to "grab" it and again to move it, I have to move it very slowly.

6. The new inventory screen is simply bigger than it needs to be when I am space. The old window worked perfectly when in space and was very compact. The new window is Walmart shopper fat. Put it on a diet. Enough has been said about the slowness of opening wrecks. Perhaps a compromise of the new Unified Inventory in station or when dealing with a most and more compact version for FiS?

7. Oh yeah, just remember, I love the new missile effects. I suggest a change to the moniker "jizziles" for missiles now.

8. I wanted to type 8 here.

9. I want the windows I leave open when I leave station to be there when i get back. Let them have a tea party when I am away. I don't care. I just don't want to have to go through opening up my most used windows every frikken time.

10. Resizing windows has become a pain in the capsule. Similar to the movement issues, I have to move it very cautiously.

11. I go to Eleven. Seriously.

In short, I want to be able to drag and drop like a secretary on crack, resizing windows and moving items like they are cheap and disposable trash rather than Faberge Eggs.

I hate to say it...but like I did with the old system.

Sig blah blah blah blah

ARCHTURU5
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#783 - 2012-05-24 10:40:49 UTC
Huttan Funaila wrote:
As a software developer, I'm going to point out that the memory leaks in this build are far worse than previous builds. Each time one enters/leaves a station, it gets slower and slower until it finally throws some unhandled exceptions. So if I am doing a level 2 mining mission that involves 10 trips back to the station to drop off the ore, I'm going to see my desktop at least once, and maybe several times. It appears that the more windows I have open, the worse this situation becomes.

When doing missions, I usually have the mission description open, chat windows open and the general open going into the station. When leaving, I usually have the mission description open, chat windows open and inventory is open as well.

ARCHTURU5
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#784 - 2012-05-24 10:41:43 UTC  |  Edited by: ARCHTURU5
THANKS CCP ANOTHER PATCH THAT DROPS MY FRAME RATE FROM 30FPS TO 4 THATS FANTASTIC HOW MANY WEEKS WILL IT TAKE YOU TO FIX IT THIS TIME?

edit: 1 day. Good job guys.
Count Austheim
Redemption Denied
#785 - 2012-05-24 11:04:11 UTC
ARCHTURU5 wrote:
THANKS CCP ANOTHER PATCH THAT DROPS MY FRAME RATE FROM 30FPS TO 4 THATS FANTASTIC HOW MANY WEEKS WILL IT TAKE YOU TO FIX IT THIS TIME?

By the power of Caps Lock! I HAVE THE POWEEEEEEEEER!

If this ships a´rockin, then im strangling someone....

http://count-austheim.blogspot.com

Malcorath Sacerdos
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#786 - 2012-05-24 11:08:54 UTC
mostlikly have been reported allready but for some reason local dispalyes all toons in local regardles if they are online or offline

im guessing this is not intended :)
Cravenel
Perkone
Caldari State
#787 - 2012-05-24 11:40:58 UTC
I have this issue with alliance, corp and other player channels
Peter Fajl
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#788 - 2012-05-24 11:47:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Peter Fajl
YO DAWG FIX THE CHAT / LOCAL BUG !!!

(new feature ? )
My Time
Bunyip Munitions
Opposing Forces.
#789 - 2012-05-24 11:48:03 UTC
Dante Xen wrote:
Anyone else getting the local bug that keep people that log off in the system?

Yep with all channels :(

Did CCP even tyr the new UI ????
malaire
#790 - 2012-05-24 11:50:28 UTC
Quote:
The Corporation icon can now correctly be removed from the Neocom. Fixed an issue where it would be added after removal on client restart.

This bug is still present after Inferno 1.0.2

Corporation icon keeps coming back when I restart EVE.

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Zleon Leigh
#791 - 2012-05-24 11:54:11 UTC
After today's DT - local looks like it may have been fixed. However, still seeing ghosts in chat channels.

Any pool up on how many releases to get back to our standing pool of bugs?

Incarna - Newest business example of mismanaged capital. CCP - Continuing to gank independent PI producers every day

PvP's latest  incentive program ** Unified Inventory **  'Cause you gotta kill something after trying to use it

SHYBUM1
Loot Industries
#792 - 2012-05-24 11:55:14 UTC  |  Edited by: SHYBUM1
.Fixed
Vdr
Dirty Vagrants
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#793 - 2012-05-24 11:57:32 UTC
Still cant rename POS structures...
Zleon Leigh
#794 - 2012-05-24 11:59:58 UTC
Manticore icons have the wrong picture on them. Is this a cache problem?

Incarna - Newest business example of mismanaged capital. CCP - Continuing to gank independent PI producers every day

PvP's latest  incentive program ** Unified Inventory **  'Cause you gotta kill something after trying to use it

Haul Nidu
A.E.I.O.U.
#795 - 2012-05-24 12:01:32 UTC
Renaming of POS Modules is working, thank you very much for that.

However, while testing if I can rename my guns - which I can - I rename one of them to "1". Lacking a better name, I wanted to revert it and call it "True Sansha Large Beam Laser Battery" again.

That is not working, because apparently you can't give names with more than X characters in them. This one's getting cut off to "True Sansha Large Beam Laser Bat"...

Intended or bug?
Birdrink
Argo Navis Ltd.
#796 - 2012-05-24 12:02:28 UTC
Malcorath Sacerdos wrote:
mostlikly have been reported allready but for some reason local dispalyes all toons in local regardles if they are online or offline

im guessing this is not intended :)

The "ghost toons" I believe appear if the player runs the game in windowed mode and quits the game by pressing X. If you quit by Alt+Shif+Q or Log-off you properly vanish from local (or any other channel).
Vdr
Dirty Vagrants
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#797 - 2012-05-24 12:03:26 UTC
Haul Nidu wrote:
Renaming of POS Modules is working, thank you very much for that.

However, while testing if I can rename my guns - which I can - I rename one of them to "1". Lacking a better name, I wanted to revert it and call it "True Sansha Large Beam Laser Battery" again.

That is not working, because apparently you can't give names with more than X characters in them. This one's getting cut off to "True Sansha Large Beam Laser Bat"...

Intended or bug?

what roles do you have?
Open Graves
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#798 - 2012-05-24 12:08:08 UTC
Just like to say chat channels are still broken. Kinda interesting to have all my alts show up in channel at the same time.
snakeyes Kassandra
State War Academy
Caldari State
#799 - 2012-05-24 12:37:51 UTC
Chats are still bugged and show offline people Cry
Farnfax
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#800 - 2012-05-24 12:40:53 UTC
Planetary customs officer window, the capacity bars are overlapping both the "Planetary customs Office" title and the drop down box used to select between multiple launch pads.