These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Inferno - Issues thread

First post
Author
SoC Darkord
Silentium Mortalitas
#541 - 2012-05-23 12:35:47 UTC
Vjorn Angannon wrote:
Yep, my launcher is also broken, across all 3 separate installations on my comp. Tried rebooting my comp, turning off Kapersky Internet Security and running the repair tool. Repair tool tells me successful repairs, however launcher still does not work.

http://pastebin.com/iir8ZXL0

the key is this: HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

CCP didnt upload the files to the right server :P, or didnt name something correctly...

More of an admin error than a real bug, got to love the testing this went through though ^_^, As a developer myself i always completly ignore UAT and path testing.... Roll

Offering Blackops and Covert services

Covert bridging / Null sec camp clearing / Null sec Disruption / Anti capital / Covert fleet support

Kingzolo
Kadavr Black Guard
#542 - 2012-05-23 12:35:53 UTC
Launch eve.exe from the game location instead. Will update and fix the problem :)
ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
#543 - 2012-05-23 12:35:54 UTC
fixed

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.

CompactDisc7227
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#544 - 2012-05-23 12:36:05 UTC
Launcher seems to work again for me, it's updating as I type this. =)

Join Kigurosaka Corporation in its quest for peace and prosperity! Read all about it on the wiki page. There is a link to our corporation page on EVE Gate there. http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Kigurosaka_Corporation

DeathsEmbrace
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#545 - 2012-05-23 12:36:13 UTC
Launchers working again, thanks for the fast response.
TS5P
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#546 - 2012-05-23 12:36:18 UTC  |  Edited by: TS5P
Banhyne wrote:
Aye, I can't patch and the repair tool isn't doing it's job. Support page is trying to get me to do a full reinstall, but I want to avoid this as much as I can...

Yup, same problem. Really CCP?? Twisted

CCP = US GOVERNMENT = NOTHING BUT A BIG MESS

EDIT: As indicated above, it is working again.
Martin Hartl
Dark-Rising
Wrecking Machine.
#547 - 2012-05-23 12:36:19 UTC
launcher broken, repair tool doesn't help.
i had 2 clients running fine after dt and wanted to start a 3rd.... launcher error

don't flame ccp guys... **** happens and i'm sure they're doing their best to solve it
Har Harrison
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#548 - 2012-05-23 12:37:20 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
Har Harrison wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Har Harrison wrote:
Follow up - timer did not show as running, but it DID run down,

I didn't get any LP even though I was in the plex - I got a mail saying

Not qualified for loyalty points in militia effort
Sent: 2012.05.22 13:53

Although you were present at the capture of enemy dungeon in Oyonata, the following circumstances prevent you from qualifying for loyalty points for your effort:
You were too far away from the target.

I was IN the plex, but not on the timer. Do we have to be within capture distance (i.e. running the timer) to get the LP? If so, that sucks as we often have members spread around a plex and not on a timer (e.g. camping the warp in with a single person running it down).

Patch notes don't seem to indicate this is a requirement.

Factional Warfare sites now give Loyalty Points when captured: ◦Minor sites: 10,000 LPs
◦ Standard sites: 17,500 LPs
◦ Major sites: 25,000 LPs
◦ Major Stronghold or Major Compound sites: 30,000 LPs
◦ Infrastructure Hubs: 40,000 LPs

• All LP gains are split among all eligible members. Example: Two Amarr enlisted players capturing a Minmatar or Gallente Minor site would only receive 5,000 LPs for the 24th Imperial Crusade each.

This is by design; players wishing to get rewards have to be actually contributing to the capture. Good catch on the path notes thought, thanks for pointing that out.

WHY WAS THIS MACHANIC NOT MENTIONED BEFORE????

WE ALWAYS GOT STANDINGS INCREASED FOR BEING IN THE PLEX AND NOW YOU CHANGE THIS???

YOU HAVE FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGED HOW PLEXING MECHANICS HAVE TO WORK AND WE NEVER EVEN GET TOLD IT IS CHANGING!!!!

IF I AM IN A PLEX DEFENDING THE WARP IN, HOW AM I NOT CONTRIBUTING TO THE CAPTURE???

agreed, CCP you really messed this one up. Defending the warp in point is contributing to the Capture of the Plex. As long as your in it when it pops, you GET REWARDED. Listen I'm a logi pilot. where do you think I fly? at the beacon? No, I fly out at 50km to heal and stay outside the battlefield.

You're saying that because I choose to play as a logi pilot i do not deserve reward payout? You do know this is how it was when you released FW right? and then you patched it to include all pilots in the plex. Why are reversing this I believe CSM asked for change?

I spoke to Hans about this as soon as I woke up this morning. He was unaware of this requirement to be within range of the timer and agreed it was a bad idea. He said he is going to take it up with CCP

Scaugh
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#549 - 2012-05-23 12:37:22 UTC
Verite Rendition wrote:
As others have noted, the launcher seems to be knackered. If I'm reading the error correctly, it's trying to download a file from CCP which is throwing a 404 error.

http://pastebin.com/Ji3PLWFH

This to the letter ^^^^
Shirley C
Guardians Incorporated
Cynosural Field Theory.
#550 - 2012-05-23 12:37:41 UTC
Launcher working correctly as of 12:38 (Eve Time) - 30 seconds prior failing for over 30 minutes.
Ra Doma
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#551 - 2012-05-23 12:38:02 UTC
Thanks for fixing CCP! :)
Peter Glasgow
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#552 - 2012-05-23 12:38:10 UTC
I have the same launcher problem here. Moreover, as there are HTML and length restrictions on the forum, nobody can paste the entire error code. And the petition system seems to be off concerning technical issues.
Godking Bravehat Olacar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#553 - 2012-05-23 12:38:12 UTC
Launchers updating for me, issue was a pain in the ass but well done on the fast fix
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#554 - 2012-05-23 12:38:43 UTC
The problem has been fixed.

Our apologies for the trouble!

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Vjorn Angannon
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#555 - 2012-05-23 12:40:01 UTC
CCP Atropos wrote:
Was a missing file on the CDN, sorry for the inconvenience Oops

hehehehe

it does sometimes sux to be a 50yo slow-a***d typist, and in the time it takes me to post something.....ya'll fix things Oops

Looks like one installation is up and running now Big smile

Thnx
Steijn
Quay Industries
#556 - 2012-05-23 12:40:56 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:

stupid question time.........if a file was missing, how come a lot of us managed to run the launcher okay 30 mins ago and log in with no problems?
Banhyne
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#557 - 2012-05-23 12:43:06 UTC
Steijn wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:

stupid question time.........if a file was missing, how come a lot of us managed to run the launcher okay 30 mins ago and log in with no problems?

You got your hands on it before the file was kidnapped by bad-guys.
General Ranchor
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#558 - 2012-05-23 12:44:43 UTC
Lancher FIXED
ppl not despawning from channels BACK

pls fix o/
Steijn
Quay Industries
#559 - 2012-05-23 12:44:51 UTC
Banhyne wrote:
Steijn wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:

You got your hands on it before the file was deleted by CCP .

fyp.
SoC Darkord
Silentium Mortalitas
#560 - 2012-05-23 12:45:03 UTC
Banhyne wrote:
Steijn wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:

You got your hands on it before the file was kidnapped by bad-guys.

Pirating has now extended to stealing your launcher files for iskies

1 billion isk and i wont take your next one too Twisted

Offering Blackops and Covert services

Covert bridging / Null sec camp clearing / Null sec Disruption / Anti capital / Covert fleet support