These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

There are only 2 Militias

First post
Author
Drackarn
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#361 - 2012-05-24 18:16:13 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Drackarn wrote:

@ Everyone stating D 'n' D Cannot Be Trusted
Please link all the other threads where we've been raged at for assisting First Generals mob against either the Minmatar or the Gallente. Don't worry, I'll wait. Go on!
Somebody with better eve-search skills than me should link Neo Gabriel's emo-raging post about SoTF RR'ing WBR against Gallente militia in our theater of operations.... It was much more on point than this relatively drama free thread.

Don't remember that, but if it is true then I'd guess it was in the run up to the horrendously named ShadowWolves.NET alliance that seriously proved S0TF and W-BR can work together on a short term basis but a long term relationship is out of the question.

Anyway look forward to seeing the ONE thread if anyone can find it.

First General - Any chance you can bring a fleet up to Black Rise so we can shoot you? Might help this thread Roll

http://sandciderandspaceships.blogspot.com/

Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#362 - 2012-05-24 18:18:54 UTC
Drackarn wrote:
Was staying out of it, but looking at mails, looks like its not calming down.
Any Gall corps able to bring what W-BR bring to the party? Don't worry, I'll wait. Go on!

0/

W-BR are heavier hitters than us, but we could bring maybe 60% of what W-BR can if we tried minus the Titans/Supers(we don't have any supers). Of course we could only do it while 99% of SOTF are sleeping so that probably doesn't help you too much.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#363 - 2012-05-24 18:20:46 UTC
Drackarn wrote:
Don't remember that, but if it is true then I'd guess it was in the run up to the horrendously named ShadowWolves.NET alliance that seriously proved S0TF and W-BR can work together on a short term basis but a long term relationship is out of the question.
Correct. IMO, that mistake they made together dwarfs anything in this thread. I'm talking specifically about that alliance name, not the alliance itself. Big smile
Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#364 - 2012-05-24 18:23:26 UTC
We Americans don't read books, it distracts from all the fast food we eat and SUVs we buy.

Drackarn wrote:

Templar One by Tony Gonzales formally known as CCP TonyG

http://www.amazon.com/EVE-Templar-One-Tony-Gonzales/dp/0765326191/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337883050&sr=8-1

Seriously, a roleplayer who hasn't read all the Eve Online novels? May be you should hand in your RP badge P

nom nom

Drackarn
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#365 - 2012-05-24 18:25:55 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Drackarn wrote:
Correct. IMO, that mistake they made together dwarfs anything in this thread. I'm talking specifically about that alliance name, not the alliance itself. Big smile

^^ This!

Dirk Smacker
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#366 - 2012-05-24 18:27:23 UTC
Drackarn wrote:

Templar One by Tony Gonzales formally known as CCP TonyG

http://www.amazon.com/EVE-Templar-One-Tony-Gonzales/dp/0765326191/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337883050&sr=8-1

Seriously, a roleplayer who hasn't read all the Eve Online novels? May be you should hand in your RP badge P

To be fair, the first novel was awful. I hate reading. Unless I was underway and my balls were refilling, I've always found it a chore to read books as entertainment. I read a hundred pages of Empyrean Age and it made me destroy property.

I guess once you have a signature, you cannot have a blank one.

Capitol One
Blue Canary
Watch This
#367 - 2012-05-24 18:28:16 UTC
I still think that SOTF are the nicest and coolest spacewarriors in the Gallente Federation :)
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#368 - 2012-05-24 18:32:20 UTC
Capitol One wrote:
I still think that SOTF are the nicest and coolest spacewarriors in the Gallente Federation :)

I'm just mad you guys didn't invite me to the Titan Kill. Elitist bastards! Twisted

/sheds crocodile tears

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#369 - 2012-05-24 18:39:35 UTC
Capitol One wrote:

Do you have a man-crush on Gallactica too?

Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#370 - 2012-05-24 18:44:03 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Drackarn wrote:

Please link all the other threads where we've been raged at for assisting First Generals mob against either the Minmatar or the Gallente. Don't worry, I'll wait. Go on!
Somebody with better eve-search skills than me should link Neo Gabriel's emo-raging post about SoTF RR'ing WBR against Gallente militia in our theater of operations.... It was much more on point than this relatively drama free thread.

http://www.eve-search.com/thread/1489825-0/page/8#223

XG, can I get my cookie now?

Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#371 - 2012-05-24 18:50:00 UTC
1 E-cookie for you sir. Well at least SOTF is consistent unlike some.

Andre Vauban wrote:

nom nom

Drackarn
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#372 - 2012-05-24 19:02:54 UTC
Andre Vauban wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Drackarn wrote:

Cookie - http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2000067174645735152_rs.jpg

And TBH that single Proteus should really have taken a second to see what was happening rather than landing in a joint SoTF/W-BR blob and opening fire to try and whore on kills when nobody else was firing Shocked

That was tbh a minor incident when W-BR and S0TF were roaming together before the formation of "The Alliance Who's Name Shall Never Be Mentioned Again" and really nothing like this weeks incident.

Vonlutt
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#373 - 2012-05-24 19:27:11 UTC
Gallactica wrote:
Bahamut reset us mate.

We then in turn reset.

Get your facts right please.

[19:27:35] Gallactica > can you / do you want to get your guys to stand down from kamela?
[19:27:41] Annah Kitheran > not possible
[19:27:58] Gallactica > do you want a full reset?

Tl:DR you're a complete douchebag, quite lying to these lovely people.

Oh, and Gallatica is the Gallente militia:

[19:28:31] Gallactica > control your allinc then to stop them bitching
[19:28:32] Annah Kitheran > that's be sweet
[19:28:56] Lock out > we can reach an agreement with anyone that matters in gal mil
[19:28:57] Gallactica > ofc not
[19:29:10] Gallactica > but if i said to 99% of the corps in gal mil do not do something
[19:29:13] Gallactica > they would listen

This is your oh so powerful Gallente Leader.
Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#374 - 2012-05-24 19:33:27 UTC
Confirming we all do exactly what SOTF tells us toOops

In all seriousness this may apply to the EU gals but us silly Americans don't even listen to our own CEOs. The derp is strong with us.

Vonlutt wrote:

[19:28:56] Lock out > we can reach an agreement with anyone that matters in gal mil
[19:29:10] Gallactica > but if i said to 99% of the corps in gal mil do not do something

nom nom

Chan Omari
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#375 - 2012-05-24 19:50:09 UTC
Vonlutt wrote:
[quote=Gallactica]Bahamut reset us mate.

This thread is great!

You guys need to get your intel sorted, SOTF is fully EUTZ, we don't see much out of them during USTZ (besides the random drunken Tek Thanny drop on the wrong POCO while taking smoke break in between getting a new bottle of wine op, that episode made me lol for a while Big smile ).

Gallactica seems like a nice guy, but he has no power over the QCATs form Voltron kitchen sink fleets of doom........
Gallactica
Shadows Of The Federation
#376 - 2012-05-24 19:57:24 UTC
Vonlutt wrote:
Gallactica wrote:
Bahamut reset us mate.

We then in turn reset.

Get your facts right please.

[19:27:35] Gallactica > can you / do you want to get your guys to stand down from kamela?
[19:27:41] Annah Kitheran > not possible
[19:27:58] Gallactica > do you want a full reset?

Tl:DR you're a complete douchebag, quite lying to these lovely people.

Oh, and Gallatica is the Gallente militia:

Correct if I had a fleet of 80 people and we made a decision, 99% would follow that.

We were talking about our fleet standing down.

Also, I offered to sort a reset earlier to avoid any drama and let you engage us, we were in guardians do not like we could shoot back.
Lock out
#377 - 2012-05-24 20:22:03 UTC
Gallactica wrote:
we were in guardians do not like we could shoot back.

Uhmm .. what ? Did you spend 300 quids on strippers and drinks again ?
Joanna Ramirez
Intaki Militia
#378 - 2012-05-24 20:28:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Joanna Ramirez
Dirk Smacker wrote:
Unless I was underway and my balls were refilling, I've always found it a chore to read books as entertainment. I read a hundred pages of Empyrean Age and it made me destroy property.

Main problem with Empyrean Age was that it was hard to tell one juvenile, raging madman from the other if their language was any judge of character. I mean, somehow I am not sold that a guy who is elected to run a galactic federation would replace a comma with the word "f.ck" when speaking. At least Tibus Heth had some reason to be what he was and had somekind of a character arc to go along with it.

Also, as great Michael Strazcynski once answered to fan question "How fast do the starfuries travel" with a simple "As fast as the plot requires", we dont really need to stick to "gamist" content in a novel which should have liberty to go beyond the bounds of the medium it originates. In other words, if right at the start of the novel I read description of a "space interceptor" going at a breakneck speed of 2 KILOMETRES A SECOND* through the void of space, I knew that I had a...ahem....not-so-good novel to look forward to Lol

*Meaning this sleek killing machine of the future is outsped by a Mig-29, even in athmospheric conditions.
Chan Omari
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#379 - 2012-05-24 20:29:34 UTC
Andre Vauban wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Drackarn wrote:

LOL I remember this, had totally forgotten about it ...........So why are folks surprised Shocked...This has all happened before and it will all happen again.

I predict that SOTF will be repairing Amarrian WTs in the spring of 2013....1,000,000 isk on it Pirate
Lock out
#380 - 2012-05-24 20:35:48 UTC
Chan Omari wrote:

I predict that SOTF will be repairing W-BR in the spring of 2013....1,000,000 isk on it Pirate

Fixed, and you'd win the bet.