These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

There are only 2 Militias

First post
Author
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Of Essence
#341 - 2012-05-23 16:30:31 UTC  |  Edited by: chatgris
marketjacker wrote:
Normally I'd just type some terrible comment in here to enrage all parties but I figure this time I'll spend a little time enraging everyone.

I'd urge all the people in Gallente to quit the RP **** and just dec them if you are so angry, otherwise accept the fact some people will never play the game for that lame crap, so get used ot it and if your RP soul requires you to take action to be at piece, do it. Also while you are at it, dec us too. We are worse than SOTF for sure, we are bad men.

You know marketjacker... You should not-troll-post more often.

You're completely right. All I should really try to affect is my own, and possibly my corps conduct wrt Gallente Federation RP/mechanics.

Sorry SOTF - I don't think what you did was right, but it's your own alliance and business and I should just stay the hell out of it. You have a

SOTF > Alliance > Close friends like WBR > Gallente Federation sort of structure,

I work with a

Gallente Militia/QCATS > Close friends sort of structure

They're different, and everyone plays differently.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#342 - 2012-05-23 16:35:34 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Turkish Waiter wrote:

You know that anyone who's been involved in FW for more than a couple of months is likely fully prepared to farm either side of FW right?
Only a minority will do so. Have at it.

Being the fool I am and not having alts in the enemy militia can I ask what the lp prices are for vexors and comets? What about federation navy webs and mag stabs? Are the minmatar the same as gallente or is minmatar the cheaper store?

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#343 - 2012-05-23 16:54:06 UTC
Cearain wrote:

Being the fool I am and not having alts in the enemy militia can I ask what the lp prices are for vexors and comets? What about federation navy webs and mag stabs? Are the minmatar the same as gallente or is minmatar the cheaper store?

EVERYTHING in the FW LP store has the same LP multipliers - only required items will not change. Not only will SFIs be rolling out soon, but the Minnies are going to be rolling with faction points, upgraded implants, etc... pretty soon as well.

With the exception of the FW-only mods, Amarr FW cannot compete with Amarr mission runners. Minmatar mission runners won't be able to compete with Minmatar FW.

Baseline FW LP prices

chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Of Essence
#344 - 2012-05-23 17:13:04 UTC  |  Edited by: chatgris
About all the "haha minnies your stuff is dirt cheap" posts...

Short term - Amarr who bought pre-patch will make a one time profit. But long term, the side with the cheaper stuff should have increased demand for said stuff, therefore their ISK/LP should be higher. The side with the more expensive stuff will see the reverse happend, and ISK/LP will be lower.

The ISK/LP difference definitely won't be 16x different if one side completely wins, but I believe it will be significant.
sYnc Vir
Wolfsbrigade
Ghost Legion.
#345 - 2012-05-23 18:21:50 UTC
chatgris wrote:
About all the "haha minnies your stuff is dirt cheap" posts...

Short term - Amarr who bought pre-patch will make a one time profit. But long term, the side with the cheaper stuff should have increased demand for said stuff, therefore their ISK/LP should be higher. The side with the more expensive stuff will see the reverse happend, and ISK/LP will be lower.

The ISK/LP difference definitely won't be 16x different if one side completely wins, but I believe it will be significant.

As your lp is so easy to come by, more people will farm it, and over supply your store items reducing your profits. Not to say you wont make money, but with the new 0.0 standing to enter, so can we.

Don't ask about Italics, just tilt your head.

Annie Anomie
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#346 - 2012-05-23 18:30:40 UTC
Pfhhh. You'd join them and not SoTF? I am offend.
Annie Anomie
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#347 - 2012-05-23 18:39:35 UTC
As for everyone else, if we cared what you thought, you would have been consulted.
Almity
In Exile.
#348 - 2012-05-23 19:11:24 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Oppon's Pull wrote:
Pretty sure all this rage at SOTF is just a deflection from the fact that the Mins failed to follow through on their promise to drive the Amarr from Kamela. Or Sahtogas.

LOL. Our promise? to whom, ourselves? Kamela only ever mattered to us once we'd taken every other system from you guys. You literally left us with nothing else you cared about to take from you.

Kamela was always a long shot because you wisely reinforced your presence there - instead of say, moving everything you owned to Egghelende. Roll Big props to WB for stepping up, playing the game, and defending what mattered to them. Even at the end, we were fighting there cause there was action, it was pretty obvious all along to anyone actually following the plexing point tallies that our chances of seizing it before downtime were slim. "The Battle for Kamela" was *always* about the lulz, plain and simple.

Because the ten amarr pilots on at night could hold a system. Oh and im pretty sure I was fighting in Kam and Kourm all last week and Monday. If Kam was for lulz why are so many of your pilots saying in so many places thst it was a real push? You tried and failed.

We moved to Egg because you out number us four to one at night. If the tables were turned Im sure you would have left all your stuff in Kourm if it was Amarr controlled. Use what little you have between your ears before speaking Hans, looking like a dumbass is not very fitting of a man in your position.

P.S. Loving the tears and back tracking....we really didnt want to take Kam anyways.....
Hail Goddess
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#349 - 2012-05-23 20:02:53 UTC
Politics in faction warfare seems strange... I'm not sure whether i should laugh or sigh*
Alli Othman
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#350 - 2012-05-23 20:07:43 UTC
Guys, guys, guys, hold up a sec...

I gotta go make some more popcorn- I seriously underestimated the amount of drama and roleplay tears that would be played out here!
Gallactica
Shadows Of The Federation
#351 - 2012-05-23 21:27:04 UTC
Alli Othman wrote:
Guys, guys, guys, hold up a sec...

I gotta go make some more popcorn- I seriously underestimated the amount of drama and roleplay tears that would be played out here!

You don't know half of it mate :)
marketjacker
Mr. Clean Corp..
#352 - 2012-05-24 07:58:02 UTC
Mutnin wrote:
marketjacker wrote:
Me talking sense

You are telling people not to tell others how to play their game, by doing exactly that and telling them how to play their game.

Minmatars wanted to attack Kam because it was home of their war targets. Just like Caldari attacked Rak the other day because you guys lived there & it's one of our systems. There is no RP in that it's playing the game based on the game mechanics and tactics of pushing out your foe.

Telling Minmatars that they can't attack Kam is telling them how they can play their game. Why should they let their war targets tell them how they can play their game?

Aside from that this whole remote repping your war targets should of been fixed ages ago by giving them standings loss.

While you tried to make a point here, it's obscured by the fact you aren't really making any sense at all. I don't say anyone has to play a game a certain way, in fact you seem to miss the idea entirely. Arguing that CCP or EVE itself is designed to prevent WBR or SOTF from doing what they want is what I find crazy. Telling other people what to do and being an ass is what starts wars in EVE. That makes sense. Saying wars should not be interfered with because of some useless game function making it harder to assist people outside of your FW is a bit daft. Telling MInnies they can't attack kamela IS indeed interfering, but it's the best kind of interfering. It's players defining the game, not the game defining their choice. What you are defending (maybe IDK your thoughts are barely sensible) is a system that people percieve that doesn't even matter unless you WANT it to.

Also I didn't notice the Caldari attack Rak, I heard some ruckus about Russians failing, SNUFFD failing, and all of caldari miltia failing despite IBS trying to "trick" people. No one saw that coming for sure. Oh wait.
Doomhowler II Augustus
Incestuous Cult of Paranoid Swamp People
#353 - 2012-05-24 09:50:50 UTC
We are losing. The Amarr need to wed brother and sister like the Targaryens did for hundreds of years so we start winning.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#354 - 2012-05-24 11:46:22 UTC
my first time in this forum. i am confus.

I should buy an Ishtar.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#355 - 2012-05-24 12:47:15 UTC
chatgris wrote:
[Sorry SOTF - I don't think what you did was right, but it's your own alliance and business and I should just stay the hell out of it.
Only if you want to stay the hell out of it. If you want to do something about it, then go ahead. That's the whole point of this game, right? Sandbox.
Drackarn
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#356 - 2012-05-24 17:46:48 UTC
Was staying out of it, but looking at mails, looks like its not calming down.

@ The Roleplayers
You should rightly be outraged and continue as you are. However, I would point out Pikes Landing in Amamake and Ishukone attacking the Amarr Empire with the Federation.

@ Everyone stating D 'n' D Cannot Be Trusted
Please link all the other threads where we've been raged at for assisting First Generals mob against either the Minmatar or the Gallente. Don't worry, I'll wait. Go on!
Not found any? Wow! That is because this was a one-time thing. W-BR and S0TF/-FU- make an awesome team. The PL titan kill, the battle in Kedama, the pub crawl at Fanfest 2012 and Crimper stealing all the beer tokens! We make a pretty decent team when we team up. Any Gall corps able to bring what W-BR bring to the party? Don't worry, I'll wait. Go on!
No. So occasionally we team up with W-BR to kick ass. But if W-BR comes roaming around Black Rise, -FU- will be the first to fleet up and attack them. We ARE NOT BLUE to W-BR. We WILL attack W-BR when the opportunity arises. However we will work together with W-BR to bring pain to large NAPfest 0.0 alliances when we can.

If WB-R got locked out of their home system, our ability to work together would be seriously diminished. So yes, we helped W-BR defend their system just before Inferno kicked in.

This was "against" a Militia containing several corps who, back in March 2012, set us red for being pirates.

There were posts that Minmatar militia WAS NOT BLUE to -FU- unless they specifically requested blue status which they'd automatically get. A few asked, most didn't.

So please, stop the crap about who's side we're on and whether we can be trusted. We are Gallente Militia and will kill Caldari and Amarr INCLUDING Wolfsbrigade only a daily basis. However, if we need a decent PvP buddy with the right pilots and the right ships, we'll call W-BR as W-BR will call us. Normal service is we'll not attack either side's blues.... but the day before Inferno was not normal service.

Clear?

Now can we get back to killing squids and Amarr please? Big smile

http://sandciderandspaceships.blogspot.com/

Dirk Smacker
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#357 - 2012-05-24 17:55:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk Smacker
I can confirm from voice chat two days ago that SOTF will be grabbing a technetium moon in the warzone for Project Cerberus, a Caldari militia corp. We would like to thank SOTF for helping even things up as the profits should help us mount stiffer competition in future battles over systems. I do not know which system the tech moon is in, but the current owners are a null sec alliance. SOTF have friends in that alliance who confirmed they would be too slow in responding to a POS bash. Big shout out to Shadows Of The Federation. They make EVE a better game for all.

Actually, some Gallente moron uses the same push to talk button for all of his voice programs. P

It took awhile after the fact for my brain to figure out what the heck he was talking about, seemed weird CERBY would be gifted a moon by SOTF. I'm just not used to spies in a channel where 15 people would be considered "active". I guess adding people to a watch list to monitor the enemy is too cumbersome. Let's get the team who revamped inventory to fix it.

I guess once you have a signature, you cannot have a blank one.

chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Of Essence
#358 - 2012-05-24 17:59:44 UTC
Drackarn wrote:
@ The Roleplayers
You should rightly be outraged and continue as you are. However, I would point out Pikes Landing in Amamake and Ishukone attacking the Amarr Empire with the Federation.

Shocked Could you point me to a source for this Ishukone vs Amarr thingy? (And the Pikes thing?).

I have a feeling my RP world is in for some surprises....

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#359 - 2012-05-24 18:06:14 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Drackarn wrote:

@ Everyone stating D 'n' D Cannot Be Trusted
Please link all the other threads where we've been raged at for assisting First Generals mob against either the Minmatar or the Gallente. Don't worry, I'll wait. Go on!
Somebody with better eve-search skills than me should link Neo Gabriel's emo-raging post about SoTF RR'ing WBR against Gallente militia in our theater of operations.... It was much more on point than this relatively drama free thread.
Drackarn
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#360 - 2012-05-24 18:11:30 UTC
chatgris wrote:
Drackarn wrote:
@ The Roleplayers

Shocked Could you point me to a source for this Ishukone vs Amarr thingy? (And the Pikes thing?).

I have a feeling my RP world is in for some surprises....

Templar One by Tony Gonzales formally known as CCP TonyG

http://www.amazon.com/EVE-Templar-One-Tony-Gonzales/dp/0765326191/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337883050&sr=8-1

Seriously, a roleplayer who hasn't read all the Eve Online novels? May be you should hand in your RP badge P

http://sandciderandspaceships.blogspot.com/