These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

There are only 2 Militias

First post
Author
Andreus Ixiris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#181 - 2012-05-22 18:11:49 UTC
Gallactica wrote:
So tell me why half of the minmatar corps / alliances have had us at -10 for a long time just because of our roe?

That isn't allies / friends.

"Because Minmatar corporations aren't nice to me, it's OK to ally our organisation with an enemy!" That's a complete non-sequitur. At no point did I even mention the Minmatar corporations because they quite patently have nothing to do with this. Regardless of your out-of-game friendships with them (which I do not object to in the slightest - out-of-game, I have friends in the Amarr and Caldari militias and in various null-sec alliances that I otherwise despise), Wolfsbrigade are an enemy of the Gallente militia and are clearly marked as such. They were originally in the Caldari militia and engaged in active warfare against the forces and territory of the FDU - they're now in Amarr space, and in the Amarr militia, fighting for Amarr space, but that doesn't make them any less of an enemy. Allied militia may not appear as a blue, but off-enemy militia still appears as flashy-red.

The Amarr militia opposes the Gallente militia. Wolfsbrigade are a member of the Amarr militia. You are a member of the Gallente militia. You are blue with Wolfsbrigade. Ergo, you are allied with an enemy of the Gallente militia. This is a conflict of interest. The actions of corporations within the Minmatar militia are irrelevant.

Spin this any way you want, by defending Kamela from Minmatar occupation you were aiding and abetting an enemy of the militia you're a part of. Whether or not you were firing on blues is a matter of personal opinion, but the fact that your actions constitute a direct and glaring conflict of interest is not.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#182 - 2012-05-22 18:11:50 UTC
Have to disagree with this, if that what was intended then minnie and gals would be "purple" via game mechanics, Which they are not.

Andreus Ixiris wrote:

That "friend" was on the opposite side of FW. I have no objection to helping out a friend, but when they're on the opposite side of a war you agreed to fight - and remember, FW is entirely voluntary - that's what is, in a few rare high-society circles, known as "kind of a **** move". Having blues on the opposite side of FW is a very clear conflict of interest.

nom nom

Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Federation
#183 - 2012-05-22 18:15:11 UTC
Princess Nexxala wrote:
Have to disagree with this, if that what was intended then minnie and gals would be "purple" via game mechanics, Which they are not.

Allow me to stress: at no point did I mention the Minmatar.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#184 - 2012-05-22 18:15:37 UTC
Princess Nexxala wrote:

EDIT: And if you were not blue with anyone the Amarr were shooting, then why is this even an issue? Are people under the impression that all minnies and gals are blue to one another? Because they most certainly are NOT, and if you have a problem with that talk to CCP, they came up with the game mechanics.

I have always treated caldari as blues and have received the same treatment back.

Yes mistakes are made due to the fact that ccp has never it deemed it important to make it clear who is in your allied militia. But other than mistakes due to ccps bad overview mechanics I never had an issue.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Gallactica
Shadows Of The Federation
#185 - 2012-05-22 18:15:40 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Gallactica wrote:
So tell me why half of the minmatar corps / alliances have had us at -10 for a long time just because of our roe?

That isn't allies / friends.

"Because Minmatar corporations aren't nice to me, it's OK to ally our organisation with an enemy!" That's a complete non-sequitur. At no point did I even mention the Minmatar corporations because they quite patently have nothing to do with this. Regardless of your out-of-game friendships with them (which I do not object to in the slightest - out-of-game, I have friends in the Amarr and Caldari militias and in various null-sec alliances that I otherwise despise), Wolfsbrigade are an enemy of the Gallente militia and are clearly marked as such. They were originally in the Caldari militia and engaged in active warfare against the forces and territory of the FDU - they're now in Amarr space, and in the Amarr militia, fighting for Amarr space, but that doesn't make them any less of an enemy. Allied militia may not appear as a blue, but off-enemy militia still appears as flashy-red.

The Amarr militia opposes the Gallente militia. Wolfsbrigade are a member of the Amarr militia. You are a member of the Gallente militia. You are blue with Wolfsbrigade. Ergo, you are allied with an enemy of the Gallente militia. This is a conflict of interest. The actions of corporations within the Minmatar militia are irrelevant.

Spin this any way you want, by defending Kamela from Minmatar occupation you were aiding and abetting an enemy of the militia you're a part of. Whether or not you were firing on blues is a matter of personal opinion, but the fact that your actions constitute a direct and glaring conflict of interest is not.

Not being nice and setting us -10 is 2 different things,

They have us at -10 therefore are they not classing us as enemies even tho we were happy to be blue?

Can't hav it both ways.
Mister Kwong
Doomheim
#186 - 2012-05-22 18:16:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Mister Kwong
Let's summarise what this thread is really about here;

Keeping your word.

Technically, Tekitha is right; there was no blue on blue shooting. I understand SOTFs view which is that they need WBR as an ally since they do joint ops together. For WBR to lose their home would result in a setback in their continual joint ops be that in lowsec or nullsec.

But I also understand LNA's grievances as well. Because having blue standings means more than just avoiding shooting each other. It also means NOT hurting each other. So when the guardians came to rep WBR, they also ended up hurting the Minmatar and their war efforts on the Amarr. So there was no blue on blue shooting but really, it may as well been because it sure felt like it to the Minnies. If you are a minmatar corp with no standings whatsoever to SOTF, you have no grievance because there is no relationship to begin with. If, however, you're LNA and have standings, there are grievances.

Of course, now the other Gallente corps are infuriated because you also damage their reputation as well and make it look like all of Gallente are traitors and cannot be relied upon. This obviously isn't true but public relations plays a huge role in all of this.

Establishing standings with each other is alot like establishing a relationship especially in the early stages. While you may not be promising the world to each other, you are promising the most basics of a relationship that you should adhere to; respecting each other. What SOTF did was respectful of WBR but disrespectful to the said Minnie alliances and quite frankly, some of the Gallente corps as well. SOTF was damed if they do and damned if they don't. So they had to make a decision and stick with it. And they have to deal with the consequences of it as well. One of which is the perception that leadership cannot be trusted to keep their word.

At the end of the day, SOTF made a concious decision that being allied with WBR is more important than anything or anyone else. Those reading this should take careful not of that regardless of which faction you are in and behave accordingly to them.

Interestingly, I can see why WBR has developed the reputation they have with the Caldari and why guys like Chair, Mutnin, Damar and Snake disliked them. They are now showing their true colors to the Amarr as well.
Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Federation
#187 - 2012-05-22 18:18:45 UTC
Gallactica wrote:

They have us at -10 therefore are they not classing us as enemies even tho we were happy to be blue?

Can't hav it both ways.

You aren't even listening to what I'm saying. This isn't about the Minmatar. This is about you being blue with a known enemy of the Federation. The actions of the Minmatar are irrelevant.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#188 - 2012-05-22 18:20:33 UTC
Ok I see what you did there, point taken

Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Princess Nexxala wrote:

Allow me to stress: at no point did I mention the Minmatar.

nom nom

Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#189 - 2012-05-22 18:25:56 UTC
Yes it should of been well known for damn near the last year this would be the case, hence why I am taken a bit back by all the Gallente who are up in arms. We already knew this, why is it only now an issue? It was an issue then and I was upset about it at the time...but I since realize they have a very close relationship and we(other gals) have to deal with that as best we can.

Mister Kwong wrote:

At the end of the day, SOTF made a concious decision that being allied with WBR is more important than anything or anyone else. Those reading this should take careful not of that regardless of which faction you are in and behave accordingly to them.

nom nom

Gallactica
#190 - 2012-05-22 18:27:16 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Gallactica wrote:

Can't hav it both ways.

You aren't even listening to what I'm saying. This isn't about the Minmatar. This is about you being blue with a known enemy of the Federation. The actions of the Minmatar are irrelevant.

You are not listening.

Half the minmatars have us set -10 and such kos?

Why the hell would we want to assist them?

chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Of Essence
#191 - 2012-05-22 18:34:09 UTC  |  Edited by: chatgris
Gallactica wrote:

Can't hav it both ways.

It has nothing to do with the Minmatar militia corporations.

Even if the entire Minmatar militia had me set red and were complete asshats to me, I would not attack Minmatar space/defend Amarr space while in the Gallente Federation, because that is working against the express wishes of Gallente Federation Militia - and by that I mean the in game construct. That is the issue I have.

I would happily engage those Minmatar corps that had me set red, but I'd probably try and do it outside of the Minmatar militia warzone if said Minmatar corps were otherwise helping the Minmatar war effort.

I understand you value your relationship highly with WBR - they're very valuable and loyal allies. I just don't think your actions were justifiable being in the Gallente Federation.

Put another way, the Gallente Federation Navies and the Minmatar Navies are allied. We might be a squabbling lot of capsuleers, but I don't actively interfere against the sovereign space of the ally of the flag I fly under. This ally being the Minmatar government, not the militia corporations.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#192 - 2012-05-22 18:35:30 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Mister Kwong wrote:

Establishing standings with each other is alot like establishing a relationship especially in the early stages. While you may not be promising the world to each other, you are promising the most basics of a relationship that you should adhere to; respecting each other. What SOTF did was respectful of WBR but disrespectful to the said Minnie alliances and quite frankly, some of the Gallente corps as well.
I think everybody in here (not in SoTF) pretty much agrees with your thesis on blue standings. I have one exception here in that doing what they did was not disrespectful to Gallente corps. SoTF's actions are a reflection on them, the corporations and pilots in their alliance, and nothing more. They made a conscious decision going into their engagement and my guess is that they are willing to live with the drama that ensues.
Mister Kwong
Doomheim
#193 - 2012-05-22 18:36:52 UTC
Princess Nexxala wrote:
Yes it should of been well known for damn near the last year this would be the case, hence why I am taken a bit back by all the Gallente who are up in arms. We already knew this, why is it only now an issue? It was an issue then and I was upset about it at the time...but I since realize they have a very close relationship and we(other gals) have to deal with that as best we can.

Mister Kwong wrote:

Forgetful memory. Not everyone is well versed on their militia politics as well. Etc...
Tekitha
Esshulls Retirement Club
#194 - 2012-05-22 18:38:05 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:

The actions of the Minmatar are irrelevant.

always
Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Federation
#195 - 2012-05-22 18:39:30 UTC
Gallactica wrote:
You are not listening.

No! I'm listening to you! That's how I can tell you're not listening to me! Either you're trolling or you haven't read what I wrote properly.

Gallactica wrote:
Half the minmatars have us set -10 and such kos?

Why the hell would we want to assist them?

You're not being asked to assist them. You're being asked not to assist someone who is demonstrably an enemy of the faction you've signed up with.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Of Essence
#196 - 2012-05-22 18:42:57 UTC
Princess Nexxala wrote:

Mister Kwong wrote:

I would never have expected SOTF to actively fight a militia sov war that was contrary to the Gallente Federation's mandate (which includes attacking Amarr plexes, we go in there the button runs against the Minmatar and we get rewarded for it). That is what surprises me.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#197 - 2012-05-22 18:45:25 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
chatgris wrote:

I would never have expected SOTF to actively fight a militia sov war that was contrary to the Gallente Federation's mandate (which includes attacking Amarr plexes, we go in there the button runs against the Minmatar and we get rewarded for it). That is what surprises me.
Nexx is right. It shouldn't have been unexpected by any of us. They did the same sort of friendly RR'ing of WBR allies while they were engaged with Gallente FW pilots in Gallente space when both were in theater there as well. My guess is that the Caldari FW corps have similar stories. We all should have seen it coming.
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Of Essence
#198 - 2012-05-22 18:51:22 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
chatgris wrote:

Nexx is right. It shouldn't have been unexpected by any of us. They did the same sort of friendly RR'ing of WBR allies while they were engaged with Gallente FW pilots in Gallente space when both were in theater there as well. My guess is that the Caldari FW corps have similar stories. We all should have seen it coming.

Yes, but they were not actively engaged in an operation against the sovereign space of the Gallente Federation or its allies. I consider this action on a separate level. Obviously, I was wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that I didn't think they would do it.
Lock out
#199 - 2012-05-22 18:51:37 UTC
chatgris wrote:

Gallente Federation's mandate ? Intergalactic summit, that way. -------->

If you wanna talk about prioritising blues, getting involved in blue vs blue fights, etc. I'll be more than happy to discuss, but we couldn't care less about **** rp'ing.
Pulgy
Doomheim
#200 - 2012-05-22 18:52:56 UTC
Bros before hoes.
Deal it with it.
Also if you're under the assumption that Gallente and Minnies shouldn't shoot each other purely because of RP reasons then I'm more than happy to shoot you back :) and please if you're so mad about this let your actions speak for themselves, Castle Grayskull awaits.
No range? No problem!   Join the Church of the Holy Blasterâ„¢ . A Hybrid religion.