These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dare i ask about Gallente/hybrid balancing?

First post
Author
Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#101 - 2011-09-23 14:06:47 UTC
Zey Nadar wrote:
Gypsio III wrote:
[quote]
Yeah, "design" may the wrong word. What I'm trying to say is something along the lines of that the weapons with the shortest ranges - i.e., blasters - are the least useful in large-scale combat

That is precisely where they are the LEAST useful. Because in largescale combat most targets will be out of your range and due to high amount of firepower flying around, you wont have time to reach the targets either before they are dead, or you are dead.

That's exactly what I said! Lol
Zey Nadar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2011-09-24 13:50:46 UTC
Gypsio III wrote:

That's exactly what I said! Lol

I shouldn't post until I am completely awake X
Vedje
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#103 - 2011-10-05 23:01:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Vedje
I have an alt Gallente

Trained it after my Caldari, as i wanted something that can be of use in PVP.

I went for blastertron, it looks awesome in EFT

1st combat, against drake, had to warp out, wasn't able to get into optimal

2nd fight against an assault ship, i got my ass kicked, passive tank eventually
given in, and there was no way to hit a ship orbiting me at 20km

3rd fight was against a torp CNR, by the time i came into optimal i was in structure

Training my gallente for ceptors now, idk what to do with a Megathron
Garbad theWeak
#104 - 2011-10-05 23:08:58 UTC
CCP Zymurgist wrote:
[quote=Joelleaveek]Also CCP Soundwave mentioned in an interview at PAX this year that, "After Christmas, there will probably be some changes pushed out to fix this issue." In response to a question about Hybrids.
After Christmas, I will probably consider paying for your game.
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#105 - 2011-10-05 23:13:33 UTC
I'll probably wait three years then. Boosting hybrids is only the first step - afer that, lasers will require boosting and finally, projectiles will be in their place again.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Rhinanna
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#106 - 2011-10-06 00:19:33 UTC
Problem is, Blasters where designed to work with uber-webs on nano'ed ships.

Nothing else. When those two changes kicked in, blasters became weak. Not because the guns became weaker, but because the ability to support their massive damage disappeared.

Lasers where OP for a while, ACs/Arties became FOTM because they finally got boosted to the same level as lasers. Blasters are still sitting back in the dirt because of the other changes, not because of blasters.

Blasterboats are STILL the best to have along when you have a arazu or rapier or two pinning the enemy down.

There are several options here really, that will work without making blasters too good:

1- Scrambler/Web bonuses on blaster boats - Leaves you vulnerable to getting kited, but if they get too close, its game-over.
2- Switch Blaster boats to shield tanks, it makes sense considering Gal are the most liberal race, most likely to use mixed tank boats and most in need of both mids and lows so the fairly equal number of mids/lows suits them anyway. This would make them very nearly as fast and slightly tougher than the equivalent minmatar vessel, if they don't sacrifice mids for webs.

Also with either the PG/CPU cost needs to be reduced slightly as do power per shot.

The 1st one is quicker but the 2nd would be better overall, a couple of the ships could have more mids and web bonuses as well just not across the board with this option.

Rails just need a buff ;)

-The sword is only as sharp as the one who wields it! Other names: Drenzul (WoT, WoW, Lineage 2, WarH, BloodBowl, BSG, SC2 and lots more)