These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

*New* Eve Hit List [website]

Author
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#61 - 2012-05-22 06:22:29 UTC
John Crichton Jr wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:
Am I reading this right? Are the ISK amounts being pooled into a total?
Why aren't they being sequestered for specific contracts?

Why am I put in mind of a "Trust me" operation where scads of ISK are sent in, then one day someone says, "Ooops! Just kidding. Thanks for the free dough!" The AGE of the OP's toon might lend a hint here.


The whole thing is dumping into the OP's wallet, with no 3rd party, and no verification as of yet from someone who's received an ISK payout. And you're worried whether his accounting methods will stand up to scrutiny?


Firstly, its the corp wallet but that can easily be rebutted by the fact that I currently control the corporate wallet until I can get a response back from a trusted 3rd party. So in a way you are correct except you make it sound bad.

Secondly, if I ran around telling everyone that has received a payout from EHL to make a post on this thread you could easily twist that into some sort of setup or fraudulent validation method.

Honestly I already know someone will call BS on any proof, or validation I receive. So to make this clear, I don't care if you do or do not believe this is a scam. If you do not want to use the system then don't, but if you are going to make assumptions then please back them up.

If you want to know if a player has received a payout then by all means ask them, after all, their names are posted on the EHL website.


I don't actually care when you're gonna pull the trigger on this totally original scam, I just saw a scam thread without a first post and decided it needed one.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

John Crichton Jr
Eve Hit List
#62 - 2012-05-22 06:28:31 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
John Crichton Jr wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:
Am I reading this right? Are the ISK amounts being pooled into a total?
Why aren't they being sequestered for specific contracts?

Why am I put in mind of a "Trust me" operation where scads of ISK are sent in, then one day someone says, "Ooops! Just kidding. Thanks for the free dough!" The AGE of the OP's toon might lend a hint here.


The whole thing is dumping into the OP's wallet, with no 3rd party, and no verification as of yet from someone who's received an ISK payout. And you're worried whether his accounting methods will stand up to scrutiny?


Firstly, its the corp wallet but that can easily be rebutted by the fact that I currently control the corporate wallet until I can get a response back from a trusted 3rd party. So in a way you are correct except you make it sound bad.

Secondly, if I ran around telling everyone that has received a payout from EHL to make a post on this thread you could easily twist that into some sort of setup or fraudulent validation method.

Honestly I already know someone will call BS on any proof, or validation I receive. So to make this clear, I don't care if you do or do not believe this is a scam. If you do not want to use the system then don't, but if you are going to make assumptions then please back them up.

If you want to know if a player has received a payout then by all means ask them, after all, their names are posted on the EHL website.


I don't actually care when you're gonna pull the trigger on this totally original scam, I just saw a scam thread without a first post and decided it needed one.


....Some people have no soul or sense of decency.

You could at least tell your real intentions about posting your .02 because Posts #13, #14 and #29 already beat you to saying this is some kind of scam. Maybe you're just speaking just to speak?
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#63 - 2012-05-22 06:45:51 UTC
John Crichton Jr wrote:

....Some people have no soul or sense of decency.


You're new here, aren't you?

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

John Crichton Jr
Eve Hit List
#64 - 2012-05-22 06:49:11 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
John Crichton Jr wrote:

....Some people have no soul or sense of decency.


You're new here, aren't you?


Is it that obvious?
John Crichton Jr
Eve Hit List
#65 - 2012-05-22 06:57:35 UTC
I dont think I will be getting a 3rd party service to want to take on this project with me unfortunately.

This is the response I've just received from Chribba.

Chribba EveMail
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#66 - 2012-05-22 07:03:36 UTC
John Crichton Jr wrote:
I dont think I will be getting a 3rd party service to want to take on this project with me unfortunately.

This is the response I've just received from Chribba.

Chribba EveMail


1) You use CQ, LOL.
2) Of course you're not going to get a third party because then they'd have to do all the work (barring some massive, liquid collateral).
3) Chribba's not the only 3rd Party Service.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

John Crichton Jr
Eve Hit List
#67 - 2012-05-22 07:06:40 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
John Crichton Jr wrote:
I dont think I will be getting a 3rd party service to want to take on this project with me unfortunately.

This is the response I've just received from Chribba.

Chribba EveMail


1) You use CQ, LOL.
2) Of course you're not going to get a third party because then they'd have to do all the work (barring some massive, liquid collateral).
3) Chribba's not the only 3rd Party Service.


I like the captains quarters.

I was already aware they would have to do some work which is why I was doubtful any holding service would want to take this on. And I have already contacted one other trusted source with no response yet.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#68 - 2012-05-22 07:20:30 UTC
John Crichton Jr wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
John Crichton Jr wrote:

....Some people have no soul or sense of decency.


You're new here, aren't you?


Is it that obvious?


It's not what your OP says.

John Crichton Jr wrote:

A little about myself

I am a returning Eve Online member after a 1 year absence to focus on my last year of college. Now that I have graduated and have more free time, I have been able to create this a cool solution as an alternative to the ingame bounty system for some time now.


So, what I'm really saying, among other things, is scam with your main.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

John Crichton Jr
Eve Hit List
#69 - 2012-05-22 07:36:37 UTC  |  Edited by: John Crichton Jr
RubyPorto wrote:
John Crichton Jr wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
John Crichton Jr wrote:

....Some people have no soul or sense of decency.


You're new here, aren't you?


Is it that obvious?


It's not what your OP says.

John Crichton Jr wrote:

A little about myself

I am a returning Eve Online member after a 1 year absence to focus on my last year of college. Now that I have graduated and have more free time, I have been able to create this a cool solution as an alternative to the ingame bounty system for some time now.


So, what I'm really saying, among other things, is scam with your main.


Sigh, some people will never give up. You really do try so hard.

You would think I'd know what my OP says give that I wrote it.

You asked a dumb question and got a dumb response. Its what happens when people dont read, sort of like how you said you came here to make the first post to call this a scam when there were clearly 3 other posts, 2 of which are amongst the first posts on the front page with that very message.

Please, grow up and stop fluffing up threads with mindless dribble.

I often wondered why there weren't that many 3rd party services/apps made for the eve community, I now understand why.
Generals4
#70 - 2012-05-22 07:50:04 UTC
John Crichton Jr wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

John Crichton Jr wrote:

A little about myself

I am a returning Eve Online member after a 1 year absence to focus on my last year of college. Now that I have graduated and have more free time, I have been able to create this a cool solution as an alternative to the ingame bounty system for some time now.


So, what I'm really saying, among other things, is scam with your main.


Sigh, some people will never give up. You really do try so hard.

You would think I'd know what my OP says give that I wrote it.

You asked a dumb question and got a dumb response. Its what happens when people dont read, sort of like how you said you came here to make the first post to call this a scam when there were clearly 3 other posts, 2 of which are amongst the first posts on the front page with that very message.

Please, grow up and stop fluffing up threads with mindless dribble.

I often wondered why there weren't that many 3rd party services/apps made for the eve community, I now understand why.


Actually the reason is because often they are scams and people don't trust it anymore.

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

John Crichton Jr
Eve Hit List
#71 - 2012-05-22 07:55:09 UTC
Generals4 wrote:
John Crichton Jr wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

John Crichton Jr wrote:

A little about myself

I am a returning Eve Online member after a 1 year absence to focus on my last year of college. Now that I have graduated and have more free time, I have been able to create this a cool solution as an alternative to the ingame bounty system for some time now.


So, what I'm really saying, among other things, is scam with your main.


Sigh, some people will never give up. You really do try so hard.

You would think I'd know what my OP says give that I wrote it.

You asked a dumb question and got a dumb response. Its what happens when people dont read, sort of like how you said you came here to make the first post to call this a scam when there were clearly 3 other posts, 2 of which are amongst the first posts on the front page with that very message.

Please, grow up and stop fluffing up threads with mindless dribble.

I often wondered why there weren't that many 3rd party services/apps made for the eve community, I now understand why.


Actually the reason is because often they are scams and people don't trust it anymore.


Do you have any examples other then the eve bank disasters?
ModeratedToSilence
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2012-05-22 08:07:59 UTC
OP I wish you luck with this enterprise. Over the next week I will be testing out the validity of your enterprise with a little spare isk. I would suggest you do not reply to posters such as Rubyporto, most "scam scam" posters are not intent on contributing but rather waving their forum warrior compensation modules in every one else's faces.

Regarding 3rd party services Chirbba is correct - the isk holder would need to be the isk verifier with your current system. I would suggest that you simply play ball fair and promptly and allow your own credibility to grow with your product.
John Crichton Jr
Eve Hit List
#73 - 2012-05-22 08:26:45 UTC
ModeratedToSilence wrote:
OP I wish you luck with this enterprise. Over the next week I will be testing out the validity of your enterprise with a little spare isk. I would suggest you do not reply to posters such as Rubyporto, most "scam scam" posters are not intent on contributing but rather waving their forum warrior compensation modules in every one else's faces.

Regarding 3rd party services Chirbba is correct - the isk holder would need to be the isk verifier with your current system. I would suggest that you simply play ball fair and promptly and allow your own credibility to grow with your product.



I have no issue with him holding the isk, the evemail indicated that he was unwilling to assume that role which is the issue.
Thank you for the support, although I would appreciate you using my service I would advise that you hold onto your isk for now because after an exhausting day of sifting through feedback I believe I will need to refund all bounties sent in and revamp this website over the next few days.

This is mainly due to the complexity of maintaining all transactions and the non ability to find a trusted 3rd party to manage payouts.

Honestly this is probably not going to do wonders for my public image but Its what I feel needs to be done if Im going to have any success trying to get this website off the ground.

For now people can join the "EHL" mailing list and have first access to web applications in development, which I have a few currently that I am working on.

To join, just goto your inbox, click "Join Mailing List" and type in "EHL" and click "Join"
Gorki Andropov
I Dn't Knw Wht You Wnt Bt I Cn't Gve It Anymre
#74 - 2012-05-22 08:33:09 UTC
John Crichton Jr wrote:
Gorki Andropov wrote:
freebree wrote:
This is a scam.

Says I lost a cane + rifter. Haven't lost a hurricane in months, and only rifters I've blown up has been against RvB.
Check http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=370945
Its API verified.



That sounds remarkably like something someone who is a '10/10' THREAT LEVEL would say...I guess all of us good guys just have to wait until the 'HERO'S' jump into their ships and assplode you!



Every toon is assessed as a 10/10 threat level until there are more than 50 wanted toons, after that there is an algorithm to assess threat based on characters within the sites db.



You need to upgrade your humour algorithm - no one wants to do business with a robot.
John Crichton Jr
Eve Hit List
#75 - 2012-05-22 08:37:58 UTC  |  Edited by: John Crichton Jr
Gorki Andropov wrote:
John Crichton Jr wrote:
Gorki Andropov wrote:
freebree wrote:
This is a scam.

Says I lost a cane + rifter. Haven't lost a hurricane in months, and only rifters I've blown up has been against RvB.
Check http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=370945
Its API verified.



That sounds remarkably like something someone who is a '10/10' THREAT LEVEL would say...I guess all of us good guys just have to wait until the 'HERO'S' jump into their ships and assplode you!



Every toon is assessed as a 10/10 threat level until there are more than 50 wanted toons, after that there is an algorithm to assess threat based on characters within the sites db.



You need to upgrade your humour algorithm - no one wants to do business with a robot.


... people do business with robots every day, and I can pretty much guarantee you have too. When you swipe your credit card at an atm, pay for an online service, or even buy a snickers from a vending machine.

I have a sense of humor, its just not present after 1am.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#76 - 2012-05-22 09:41:45 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
John Crichton Jr wrote:

You asked a dumb question and got a dumb response. Its what happens when people dont read, sort of like how you said you came here to make the first post to call this a scam when there were clearly 3 other posts, 2 of which are amongst the first posts on the front page with that very message.

Please, grow up and stop fluffing up threads with mindless dribble.

I often wondered why there weren't that many 3rd party services/apps made for the eve community, I now understand why.


1) Look at the first post under your OP.

2) The reason is that they all abscond with the money.


John Crichton Jr wrote:

Do you have any examples other then the eve bank disasters?


Phaser INC
Titans4U <- Secured by a board of directors
EBANK
Eve Intergalactic Bank
....and about every third thread on MD


Now yes, they're mostly banks, but that's essentially what an Escrow service (what you're proposing) is.

You take in money and release it under certain circumstances. If you had some sort of reputation as an honest dealer or as a face who has ever posted on the forums before, you might have stood a half decent chance, BUT, you're a forum alt that's a month old.

The highly respected 3rd parties fall in the following general categories:
Chribba (made his name by making most of the eve webapps we use erryday and then mining in a dread) - includes Sohmer and EOH as well
People who began by offering 3rd party services in their corps/alliances and spread from there -
And that's really it. If you want to be trusted as a third party (which this is, albeit en-masse) you need to start somewhere.

As for the number of 3rd party apps that are developed, look at the ones that don't charge for their services and don't put any isk at risk. You will see nobody complaining about them and in fact quite a bit of praise, because they're doing cool things.

You're putting a webskin on being the third party to anonymous mercenary contracts with no reputation for trustworthiness.

Edit: Hang on, you're generously not taking any cut of this. I now believe you are an honest person who will do all of this work for no reward whatsoever.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

John Crichton Jr
Eve Hit List
#77 - 2012-05-22 14:40:20 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
John Crichton Jr wrote:

You asked a dumb question and got a dumb response. Its what happens when people dont read, sort of like how you said you came here to make the first post to call this a scam when there were clearly 3 other posts, 2 of which are amongst the first posts on the front page with that very message.

Please, grow up and stop fluffing up threads with mindless dribble.

I often wondered why there weren't that many 3rd party services/apps made for the eve community, I now understand why.


1) Look at the first post under your OP.

2) The reason is that they all abscond with the money.


John Crichton Jr wrote:

Do you have any examples other then the eve bank disasters?


Phaser INC
Titans4U <- Secured by a board of directors
EBANK
Eve Intergalactic Bank
....and about every third thread on MD


Now yes, they're mostly banks, but that's essentially what an Escrow service (what you're proposing) is.

You take in money and release it under certain circumstances. If you had some sort of reputation as an honest dealer or as a face who has ever posted on the forums before, you might have stood a half decent chance, BUT, you're a forum alt that's a month old.

The highly respected 3rd parties fall in the following general categories:
Chribba (made his name by making most of the eve webapps we use erryday and then mining in a dread) - includes Sohmer and EOH as well
People who began by offering 3rd party services in their corps/alliances and spread from there -
And that's really it. If you want to be trusted as a third party (which this is, albeit en-masse) you need to start somewhere.

As for the number of 3rd party apps that are developed, look at the ones that don't charge for their services and don't put any isk at risk. You will see nobody complaining about them and in fact quite a bit of praise, because they're doing cool things.

You're putting a webskin on being the third party to anonymous mercenary contracts with no reputation for trustworthiness.

Edit: Hang on, you're generously not taking any cut of this. I now believe you are an honest person who will do all of this work for no reward whatsoever.


Thank you for the list of examples (the request was genuine, not because I believed there were none). When you say "you must start somewhere", well I am, its just that the segment I'm going into doesn't allow me to start ingame like cribba or sohmer, the closest I can think of to starting in-game would be to run around systems spamming the names of EHL targets in local, it just wouldn't be that effective.

Also my sarcasm detector is at an alarming 10 out of 10.
Pres Crendraven
#78 - 2012-05-22 18:08:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Pres Crendraven
keep in mind, not everybody would profit from your service:) people that may end up on your hitlist may seek to discourage you. They will discredit you as a means to limit their losses and improve THEIR bottom line. they are your competition art this point.

Meta34me

Corp and Alliance details hidden to protect the innocent.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#79 - 2012-05-22 19:58:09 UTC
John Crichton Jr wrote:


Thank you for the list of examples (the request was genuine, not because I believed there were none). When you say "you must start somewhere", well I am, its just that the segment I'm going into doesn't allow me to start ingame like cribba or sohmer, the closest I can think of to starting in-game would be to run around systems spamming the names of EHL targets in local, it just wouldn't be that effective.

Also my sarcasm detector is at an alarming 10 out of 10.


First, Chribba got his start by making out of game tools because CCP couldn't be bothered to. The third party services cam much later.

Second, when I say get your start, I mean make a name for yourself as a trustworthy person in general. An unlimited value venture with no likelihood of third party backing (cause they'd have to do all the work) with no clearly defined cut for yourself is not the place to start.

Third, you finally caught some of that very subtle sarcasm? I'm impressed.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon