These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

All Industrial Pilots who have lost Ships to Hulkagedon Please Respond

Author
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2012-05-21 08:26:18 UTC
Akir Apathi wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
oh man Akir Apathi you clearly have an emotional connection with the subject at hand

talk to me

I actually don't. I have no idea what people mean when they say "goons", because it sounds as if it's something more than just mentioning a group of people who like to shoot at space-ships. I guess your badass comments really bother me, because it just seems so ******* hard for you people to nice and gently tell miners and industrialists why EVE is what EVE is and why it needs to be what it is.

How hard can it be to argue for a game where everything is allowed without sounding like the white guy wishing he came from Harlem? Do you think that it makes you a badass playing EVE rather than WoW? EVE-players on youtube have made it a trend, but I refuse to believe that your entire federation are so goddamn unintellectual that you lack the ability to argue for a unique idea rather than deliver an intellectual explanation for why things are allowed in EVE and why this freedom must be preserved not only for the sake of bored pvp-players in High Security Space, but also for industrialists and miners whose economy is directly tied to the different risk-factors calculated within New Eden.

I wouldn't expect you to understand this, though, but please surprise me.

How's this for you: CCP has stated, multiple times (and pretty emphatically, I might add), that hisec is supposed to be safer, not safe.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Akir Apathi
Hakaari Inc.
#62 - 2012-05-21 08:27:36 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Akir Apathi wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
oh man Akir Apathi you clearly have an emotional connection with the subject at hand

talk to me

I actually don't. I have no idea what people mean when they say "goons", because it sounds as if it's something more than just mentioning a group of people who like to shoot at space-ships. I guess your badass comments really bother me, because it just seems so ******* hard for you people to nice and gently tell miners and industrialists why EVE is what EVE is and why it needs to be what it is.

How hard can it be to argue for a game where everything is allowed without sounding like the white guy wishing he came from Harlem? Do you think that it makes you a badass playing EVE rather than WoW? EVE-players on youtube have made it a trend, but I refuse to believe that your entire federation are so goddamn unintellectual that you lack the ability to argue for a unique idea rather than deliver an intellectual explanation for why things are allowed in EVE and why this freedom must be preserved not only for the sake of bored pvp-players in High Security Space, but also for industrialists and miners whose economy is directly tied to the different risk-factors calculated within New Eden.

I wouldn't expect you to understand this, though, but please surprise me.

How's this for you: CCP has stated, multiple times (and pretty emphatically, I might add), that hisec is supposed to be safer, not safe.

Did you even read my post?

"He's happy. We must stop this before it spreads." - Dr. House

Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2012-05-21 08:32:48 UTC
Akir Apathi wrote:
Did you even read my post?


http://oi39.tinypic.com/sb3hn4.jpg

Hello, hello again.

Akir Apathi
Hakaari Inc.
#64 - 2012-05-21 08:34:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Akir Apathi
Degren wrote:
Akir Apathi wrote:
Did you even read my post?


http://oi39.tinypic.com/sb3hn4.jpg

The maturity of you people still astonish me, and I am in fact astonished over my own astonishment, which makes me twice astonished, I suppose. Smile

"He's happy. We must stop this before it spreads." - Dr. House

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#65 - 2012-05-21 08:41:07 UTC
Akir Apathi wrote:
I actually don't. I have no idea what people mean when they say "goons", because it sounds as if it's something more than just mentioning a group of people who like to shoot at space-ships. I guess your badass comments really bother me, because it just seems so ******* hard for you people to nice and gently tell miners and industrialists why EVE is what EVE is and why it needs to be what it is.

How hard can it be to argue for a game where everything is allowed without sounding like the white guy wishing he came from Harlem? Do you think that it makes you a badass playing EVE rather than WoW? EVE-players on youtube have made it a trend, but I refuse to believe that your entire federation are so goddamn unintellectual that you lack the ability to argue for a unique idea rather than deliver an intellectual explanation for why things are allowed in EVE and why this freedom must be preserved not only for the sake of bored pvp-players in High Security Space, but also for industrialists and miners whose economy is directly tied to the different risk-factors calculated within New Eden.

I wouldn't expect you to understand this, though, but please surprise me.


EVE isn't for everybody, what's so hard to understand about that?

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2012-05-21 08:44:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Degren
Akir Apathi wrote:
Degren wrote:
Akir Apathi wrote:
Did you even read my post?


http://oi39.tinypic.com/sb3hn4.jpg

The maturity of you people still astonish me, and I am in fact astonished over my own astonishment, which makes me twice astonished, I suppose. Smile


It's immature to not read someone's diatribe on the eve-o forums? Edit: Especially when I've probably read it at least fourteen times before?

Guilty.

Hello, hello again.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2012-05-21 08:46:18 UTC
Akir Apathi wrote:
Did you even read my post?

You asked:
Akir Apathi wrote:
How hard can it be to argue for a game where everything is allowed without sounding like the white guy wishing he came from Harlem?

To which I responded:
Lord Zim wrote:
How's this for you: CCP has stated, multiple times (and pretty emphatically, I might add), that hisec is supposed to be safer, not safe.

Where, pray tell, do I come off sounding like the white guy wishing I came from Harlem? Or was what I quoted not a succinct enough explanation for your palate?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#68 - 2012-05-21 08:49:46 UTC
read the first few lines then all i saw was "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHUHUHUHAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHERES MY WAAAAMBULANCE"
Cebiana Antonille
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#69 - 2012-05-21 09:03:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Cebiana Antonille
@ Akir Apathi

Whoever heard of sidewalks being secure??? I guess you could align yourself on the 'sidewalk' and be ready to warp out when that bus appears... Or be stupid and just forget the sidewalk altogether and walk on the street against traffic, or autopilot your industrial....

P.S. I pressed the like button for Malcovas Henderson... and I would have pushed it a thousand times if I could because he made perfect sense... unlike you dogboy
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#70 - 2012-05-21 09:43:46 UTC
Lee Longpigmen wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen:

The time has come. Please respond to this post if you have lost Industrial ships in High Sec due to CCPs lack of listening to the 75% of EVE Players needs and wants. You must have lost a ships to this recent attack on our game time. All those who respond will be contacted individually to verify your loss and if the loss is verifiable through kill mails will be invited to take part is one of the most fun events soon to be know to EVE it self. This includes those valiant forward thinkers who will soon lose your invested time and effort due to insider influence peddling at CCP.




I think you'll find a fair percentage of your 75% are alts of the 25% your not to happy with and as for the rest I'd be surprised if 10% know these forums exist and gobsmacked if more than about 3% bother to read them.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#71 - 2012-05-21 09:46:23 UTC
Beckie DeLey wrote:
That must be the one thing in EVE terminology that bothers me most. Miners are not industrialists, god damn it. Miners are peons. The working class that ensures that actual industrials can keep on making ISK of their back. People acting like bots, so mindnumbingly boring is what they do. Why they do what they do, i have no idea. But i am glad you are there, little peasants :)

Now get your fail fit hulks out of my industry threads, kkthxbai.



Miners are "industrialists" in the same way that a guy standing on a streetcorner holding a sign for a car dealerships "Does PR work for Ford".

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#72 - 2012-05-21 09:56:51 UTC
Akir Apathi wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
oh man Akir Apathi you clearly have an emotional connection with the subject at hand

talk to me

I actually don't. I have no idea what people mean when they say "goons", because it sounds as if it's something more than just mentioning a group of people who like to shoot at space-ships. I guess your badass comments really bother me, because it just seems so ******* hard for you people to nice and gently tell miners and industrialists why EVE is what EVE is and why it needs to be what it is.

How hard can it be to argue for a game where everything is allowed without sounding like the white guy wishing he came from Harlem? Do you think that it makes you a badass playing EVE rather than WoW? EVE-players on youtube have made it a trend, but I refuse to believe that your entire federation are so goddamn unintellectual that you lack the ability to argue for a unique idea rather than deliver an intellectual explanation for why things are allowed in EVE and why this freedom must be preserved not only for the sake of bored pvp-players in High Security Space, but also for industrialists and miners whose economy is directly tied to the different risk-factors calculated within New Eden.

I wouldn't expect you to understand this, though, but please surprise me.



Here's the truth:

The truth is that those "intellectual explainations" have been made in detail, dozens, probably hundreds,of times before on these very forums. OK actually the old EVE forums, but you get the idea. Hundreds of times.

And the plain fact is that we're sick and ******* tired of giving those "intellectual explainations" over and over every time some fresh new face turns up on the forum and and thinks he's the first genius to have the great idea of completely changing the way EVE is struictured and played purely because he wants to endlessly whore ISK in some 0.5 without any interruption.

If you want "intellectual explainations", look up the forum archives, search out some keywords and read away (I'd use eve-search rather than CCP's forum search tbh but it's up to you).

Until you put that effort in, all the effort we're going to make for you is tell you "safer, not safe".

OK?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016