These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Grow some extremely durable genitalia.

First post First post
Author
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#121 - 2012-05-26 21:09:38 UTC
Removing local is a two way street. You won't be present either. Sure, you'll have to turn off your bots and actually play but you should be doing that anyway.
Avid Bumhumper
Beekeepers Anonymous
#122 - 2012-05-26 21:11:38 UTC
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
Get rid of local, all secs. It fixes almost everything. You would have to work to locate a target. You would have to work to avoid a target. There would be risk in high sec. There would be risk in all secs.

Freighters could be caught during a war dec. Freighters could get through during a war dec.

You would still have Concord retaliation in high sec. You could still be camped, though if you break the camp it would be harder to hunt you down. Certainly no worse that what we have now but with compelling gameplay.

It would solve cloaky camps people complain about. It would give a point to cloaks of which people complain about.

It would make neutral alts almost irrelevant. Though not 100%. It would certainly make playing with one account a lot less of a disadvantage. Sure you might lose a few alt account subs, but you would gain many more subs by having more compelling gameplay. What good is a scout profession when they're revealed as soon as they enter system?

The changes the expansion are bringing aren't going to revitalize low sec or null sec and its certainly not going to promote or fuel war. Quite the opposite.

The devs and the playerbase talk a lot about EVE being hardcore, but as of yet i'm not really seeing the hardcore aspect to the game.

The game is a boring campfest. Removing local removes that to a large degree.

To my ultra Orthodox carebear players, uncle Caliphy isn't throwing you under the bus. The threats you worry about occuring with this change would actually be resolvable by a merc corporation. If you are decced and you hire a merc the merc cannot sneak up on the enemy with everything displayed for them. They may be able to make your tormentors life a little more difficult but in most cases can't force a fight under those conditions. With no local they could. If you are camped by a griefdec and you hire a reasonably sized merc to help you the griefer will never see them coming. It's win/win.

Even null entry points would be camped far less. Lets see the thirty man bubble camp consistently do it when a 150 man roaming gang warps in on them and they never see it coming.

Local is holding EVE back. Period. Get rid of it and let EVE become great.



Incompetent griefers? Shocked
Very sad.....

My Tinfoil hat has been sugically implanted, so no,it is not for sale.....

Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#123 - 2012-05-26 21:13:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
You quoted the original post for a 4 word reply and im incompetent? Thanks for the bump I guess, but quote spam makes baby Jesus cry.

Here's the thing. If I were as incompetent as you imply you wouldn't bother responding. I think its the opposite. I'm anything but and you believe my post a threat to your cozy little sandcastle.
bongsmoke
Visine Red
420 Chronicles of EvE
#124 - 2012-05-26 21:17:38 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
This OP is filled with "no" and seasoned with "unsubstantiated fail".

Grow some balls.

Biomass yourself.



This

Shame soo many threads like this one are full of pure fail.
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#125 - 2012-05-26 21:19:19 UTC
bongsmoke wrote:
Asuka Solo wrote:
This OP is filled with "no" and seasoned with "unsubstantiated fail".

Grow some balls.

Biomass yourself.



This

Shame soo many threads like this one are full of pure fail.



Like his killboard, lol.
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#126 - 2012-05-26 21:36:15 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Caliph Muhammed wrote:

And if removing hisec local will only help in a war than the obvious reverse of that statement is that removing hisec local will only hinder you during a war. Why should you get free intelligence?

My main point is the basis of the sec status as how it was originally set up

Hi-sec = Safest
Lo-sec = less safe
Null sec = Dangerous and lawless
Wormholes = Insanely dangerous.

Any alterations to the system should follow this pattern. But I do agree wars are boring as hell and with the new ability to call in an infinite number of allies to help the defenders will probably become rare.


so you want nullsec to be more dangerous than wormholes? lol

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#127 - 2012-05-26 21:49:08 UTC
It takes a CCP to lock intelligent threads and let one with this title ride. Says it all.
Yes, we respect you, CCP. Sony's gonna love you.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

specializt
State War Academy
Caldari State
#128 - 2012-05-26 21:54:47 UTC  |  Edited by: specializt
bombers are certainly not "uncounterable" - in fact, bombing-runs are pretty dangerous because anyone can just fire up the MWD, overload tthe disruptors aaand the little bomber is gone with a few hits ... without even being able to to do noticeable damage. In reality, you cant break a camp with bombers, even if you bring 10 of them to the field - the second after you launch the bomb, the campers jump through and laugh about your ultra-slow and not-so-powerful-at-all bomb. After 30 seconds, they'll jump back and maybe tackle one of the slower guys.

Not having local will terminate 99,99999% of the industrial complex of EvE Online. No (noticeable) mining anymore, no transports -- which results in a degrading market, isolation of nullsec and lowsec and ultimately making the game unplayable because every 12yo camper / gankerkiddie now has the chance to pwn everyone with zero effort. If your whole gamestyle depends on ganking, camping and the likes EvE Online certainly is the wrong game for you - go play some MMORPG which is built around PvP ... its pretty common to wear NO ARMOR AT ALL in these games because everyone gets ganked the moment they leave the safe place. And now you might as well guess which type of game is the most unsuccessfull ..... exactly : the one which has no limiting (and harsh) regulations whatsoever.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#129 - 2012-05-26 22:02:39 UTC
Huh. Another "I'm having some problems ganking efficiently enough so I need some more help in stacking the deck in my favour" thread. Interesting.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Serene Repose
#130 - 2012-05-26 22:02:55 UTC
No thanks, OP. I'll pass on growing those. I don't want anything dragging me DOWN.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

snake pies
Dixon Cox Butte Preservation Society
#131 - 2012-05-26 22:33:10 UTC
remove local? only if you remove cloaking ability altogether
specializt
State War Academy
Caldari State
#132 - 2012-05-26 23:02:24 UTC  |  Edited by: specializt
snake pies wrote:
remove local? only if you remove cloaking ability altogether

alternatively, they could turn the local into a REAL local - which would show you players within ... lets say about 300km or so, since you cant lock targets at that range ganking would remain the same BUT noone could ever be sure about enemys in the system. On an additional, positive side it would make system-camping useless - which would p.iss off about 30% of the playerbase hence enhance my experience :-)

They could even link the chance of seeing a player outside of your locking-range (plus a fixed value) with the angular speed and the distance - having the physical speed of electromagnetic waves as evelopedia-backup.

But this would also NEED to work within wormholes, otherwise we would face (another) contradiction
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#133 - 2012-05-26 23:10:32 UTC
OP is a douche. He is currently in a war with me and wont undock.

Ive even come back from lowsec to highsec to fight him and he never undocks.


Easy to see that this is another change that he wants in his favour.


I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#134 - 2012-05-26 23:55:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Look at all the terribaddies squirming when they have their easy mode questioned. The same few posters with sandy vaginas repeating the same vacuous diatribe.

Look it up, cretins.

I do appreciate you guys giving my words their due attention.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#135 - 2012-05-27 00:00:12 UTC
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
Look at all the terribaddies squirming when they have their easy mode questioned. The same few posters with sandy vaginas repeating the same vacuous diatribe.

Look it up, cretins.

I do appreciate you guys giving my words their due attention.

Sounds like you need to undock about it.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#136 - 2012-05-27 00:02:42 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
Look at all the terribaddies squirming when they have their easy mode questioned. The same few posters with sandy vaginas repeating the same vacuous diatribe.

Look it up, cretins.

I do appreciate you guys giving my words their due attention.

Sounds like you need to undock about it.


Keep on believing Karn if you want. If I tell you exactly how much of a fail candyass pansy you are when you're in a 8000 man alliance what on earth makes you think Karn could ever put fear into me. You are a silly lemming.
Blabb3r M0uth B11tch
Doomheim
#137 - 2012-05-27 00:02:52 UTC
It never ceases to amaze me the people in this game that can't ever seem to be satisfied with finding things to kill. Now we have a new term "Prey", and "Predators" lol Sounds a little like child p0rn to me, but who am I, just an observer in this battle of the royal about who should have the advantage over who.

Let me recant a very important fact about EvE to all the Predators Here. There happens to be a very large sect of family, and others that play eve more for social impact of the game, than anything else. Friends that gather to Mine, run Missions, Incursions and the such. These people are interested because they can build things, build an empire so to speak, visit with there friends, and have fun. There really have no interest at all in getting ganked, or destroyed, or even fighting. Just having there good time in there own way. OK, you may think it's lame, But what about em.

Bottom line is this, there are other games, and maybe, just maybe, that's where they belong? I wonder how CCP would really feel, if they did succeed in making virtually all of the space in the game so dangerous for these type of players, that they simply up and moved on to other things, other games, where they can find something they like.

My guess, CCP might be disappointed in the results. I'm certain it would result in major lost subscriptions. I would guess it wouldn't be the type players that just ganked some poor unsuspecting fools freighter with everything they own in the game. That end up selling all there stuff and buying plexes with the isk to play on. But the players they will most likely loose are the fools with the freighter that got destroyed, that actually paid for his subscription with a credit card. I've seen it, they basically say screw this and never come back to the game. Good riddance I guess. I personally don't think CCP wants this, even if you do..

Bottom line, there are an over abundance of things to kill in the land of EvE, If you can't find them, your first step should be to look in a mirror.

CCP will leave local alone, it's there for a purpose, and it serves it well. Simple fact is if CCP changed it, I'm certain not even they feel warm and fuzzy about the consequences.

PS. Thought I would add my post for your viewing pleasure Twisted
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#138 - 2012-05-27 00:06:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Blabb3r M0uth B11tch wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me the people in this game that can't ever seem to be satisfied with finding things to kill. Now we have a new term "Prey", and "Predators" lol Sounds a little like child p0rn to me, but who am I, just an observer in this battle of the royal about who should have the advantage over who.

Let me recant a very important fact about EvE to all the Predators Here. There happens to be a very large sect of family, and others that play eve more for social impact of the game, than anything else. Friends that gather to Mine, run Missions, Incursions and the such. These people are interested because they can build things, build an empire so to speak, visit with there friends, and have fun. There really have no interest at all in getting ganked, or destroyed, or even fighting. Just having there good time in there own way. OK, you may think it's lame, But what about em.

Bottom line is this, there are other games, and maybe, just maybe, that's where they belong? I wonder how CCP would really feel, if they did succeed in making virtually all of the space in the game so dangerous for these type of players, that they simply up and moved on to other things, other games, where they can find something they like.

My guess, CCP might be disappointed in the results. I'm certain it would result in major lost subscriptions. I would guess it wouldn't be the type players that just ganked some poor unsuspecting fools freighter with everything they own in the game. That end up selling all there stuff and buying plexes with the isk to play on. But the players they will most likely loose are the fools with the freighter that got destroyed, that actually paid for his subscription with a credit card. I've seen it, they basically say screw this and never come back to the game. Good riddance I guess. I personally don't think CCP wants this, even if you do..

Bottom line, there are an over abundance of things to kill in the land of EvE, If you can't find them, your first step should be to look in a mirror.

CCP will leave local alone, it's there for a purpose, and it serves it well. Simple fact is if CCP changed it, I'm certain not even they feel warm and fuzzy about the consequences.

PS. Thought I would add my post for your viewing pleasure Twisted


Yes, we can always go find random pvp. But thats just random. The issue with local is targeted pvp and its amateur inhibition of it.

Incarna as I remember was spoken of in an inevitable light along with the nex store. How'd that go? I'll concede we have a door that leads to nowhere and some items that I see a few wear but for the most it was soundly rejected.

The ever encroaching attempt to turn hisec into consentual pvp zones we've seen particularly the last year or so will meet its inevitable end. The effect on the population from the new wardec changes alone won't even be noticed until already paid subs run out.

There isn't a activity in EVE outside of pvp that is engaging enough to keep a population in game. And without the pvpers the economy stagnates and dies. So keep that in mind. Without pvp EVE is dead. Thats not debatable. Its not up for discussion. The game depends upon it. And as more manufacturers and miners begin to spring forth as the mechanisms for harming them are lowered the market saturates with product that doesn't move. You may hate the wolf but without it your own in game existence is in peril.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2012-05-27 00:20:57 UTC
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
Keep on believing Karn if you want. If I tell you exactly how much of a fail candyass pansy you are when you're in a 8000 man alliance what on earth makes you think Karn could ever put fear into me. You are a silly lemming.

You're the one who has absolutely no kills outside of hisec, and wants to remove local to make it even easier to gank people (as if it was impossible now; it isn't), and is at least providing no outward clue as to whether you've put any thought whatsoever into what the impact will be for all groups other than the ganker.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#140 - 2012-05-27 00:24:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Lord Zim wrote:
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
Keep on believing Karn if you want. If I tell you exactly how much of a fail candyass pansy you are when you're in a 8000 man alliance what on earth makes you think Karn could ever put fear into me. You are a silly lemming.

You're the one who has absolutely no kills outside of hisec, and wants to remove local to make it even easier to gank people (as if it was impossible now; it isn't), and is at least providing no outward clue as to whether you've put any thought whatsoever into what the impact will be for all groups other than the ganker.


Why would I go to nullsec with 12 people? Nullsec is just the areas you can declare sovereignty in. Its not the "pvp" zone in EVE. I have zero reason to ever go out there and contribute to the success of an alliance that doesn't give a care in the world about its members. Your case as you weaseled your way into one of the very few successful ones is the exception not the standard.

Your whole premise is that any pvp outside of nullsec (where your alliance is the undisputed king of said description) is ganking and griefing. And because of that dimwitted viewpoint anyone with a shred of intelligence views your inane whines and plea to the ignorance of others for what it is.