These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Grow some extremely durable genitalia.

First post First post
Author
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#681 - 2012-06-01 00:55:26 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
You say its in the future ect.. technology is more advenced ect... But You believe that stealth technology while able to bend light would fail a basic requirement for what we have today.

I have said many times why No local in null would disadvantage the lazy, I was pointing out that your logic did and still does not make any sense.


And again, dodging any discussion at all of what would actually happen in-game if this change went through!

Protip: I don't give a **** about whether something "makes sense" in a roleplay sense, or a "this is how I imagine the universe" sense. All I care about is what changes in the game that I pay this company to play. Removing local creates no positives for players and an avalanche of negatives, hence it's a Bad Thing To Do.

The point is a curb about a quarter of an inch off the ground and you keep tripping on it over and over again. Do us all a favor - learn to walk!

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Frying Doom
#682 - 2012-06-01 01:08:48 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
You say its in the future ect.. technology is more advenced ect... But You believe that stealth technology while able to bend light would fail a basic requirement for what we have today.

I have said many times why No local in null would disadvantage the lazy, I was pointing out that your logic did and still does not make any sense.


And again, dodging any discussion at all of what would actually happen in-game if this change went through!

Protip: I don't give a **** about whether something "makes sense" in a roleplay sense, or a "this is how I imagine the universe" sense. All I care about is what changes in the game that I pay this company to play. Removing local creates no positives for players and an avalanche of negatives, hence it's a Bad Thing To Do.

The point is a curb about a quarter of an inch off the ground and you keep tripping on it over and over again. Do us all a favor - learn to walk!

This forum Post is over 30 pages long and contains nothing but examples of why The removal of Null would be good for EvE and the players, excluding the parts about players wishing to remain safe in Null sec,being able to do the same things in the same way.

Removing local adds alot of positives as once again stated through out this threadnaught, Doing things as they are, has done a wonderful job of making Null a deserted waste land.

Or are you now going to argue the population of null is now Full.

Null is 0.0 space and that's what it should be not just a sanctuary for Nullsec carebears going "we paid to be safe so we should be."

Your argument sounds alot like the current argument made by so many on why ganking should be removed from Hi-sec.
The arguments being for people who believe they should not have to pay attention.

Remove ganking = Safer Hisec
Keeping local = Safer Null sec

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#683 - 2012-06-01 01:12:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Snow Axe
You should try reading the OP - he's advocating for removing local in ALL secs, not just null. You're the one who decided to modify that to coincidentally turn it into the part of the game you don't even live in. How crafty of you!

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#684 - 2012-06-01 01:16:44 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Umm because the lazy would actually have to do something to find you in the first place.

And yes I am aware of the anom argument but lets see you go through 4 or more systems warping to every anom and coming up empty, before you decide to do some work and actually try to scan people down.

You keep saying "it's not more risk if only you watch dscan", except for the fact that worst case, you've got 4 seconds to respond.

Yep. It's definitely going to make the nullsec population explode.

Frying Doom wrote:
Removing local adds alot of positives as once again stated through out this threadnaught, Doing things as they are, has done a wonderful job of making Null a deserted waste land.

Yes, the things removing local in nullsec would do is definitely "positive" if what you wanted to do was depopulate null.

If the intention was to make people move out there? Heh.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Frying Doom
#685 - 2012-06-01 03:27:17 UTC
What I find particularly funny is that the people against removing local from Null come from the very same Alliance and CFC as those using the tech bottle neck to fund the Infinite Hulkagedon thus providing their Alliance and the CFC with even more cash.

Is this because they are worried about people being able to sneak into their own space undetected and add the CFC's hulks to the hulkagedon killboards?

Is it because in Null sec local allows you to instantly see if anyone is in a system that shouldn't be there giving them safety. Where as in Hi-sec the residents are so much more numerous that local is a better tool for the ganker?

Null sec is so safe that these very people are able to abandon there territory to go and Burn Jita with no fear of loosing their sovereign space.

It is Funny to hear people who's Alliances have constantly and over a period of Years told people to HTFU while not being able to do so them selves.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Frying Doom
#686 - 2012-06-01 04:43:32 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Yes, the things removing local in nullsec would do is definitely "positive" if what you wanted to do was depopulate null.

Yes and the population is so high now.

Twice the size of Empire with 1/5th the population. How do you move with it so crowded.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Jhango Fett
X-Zest Voyage
X - Z E S T
#687 - 2012-06-01 05:00:32 UTC
I am voting yes to this, remove local every where please.
Ned Black
Driders
#688 - 2012-06-01 05:37:56 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
This OP is filled with "no" and seasoned with "unsubstantiated fail".

Grow some balls.

Biomass yourself.


Hmmm... the OP wants to make things harder and you tell HIM to grow some balls? Sounds to me like it's the other way around...

Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#689 - 2012-06-01 05:44:21 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

Is it because in Null sec local allows you to instantly see if anyone is in a system that shouldn't be there giving them safety. Where as in Hi-sec the residents are so much more numerous that local is a better tool for the ganker?


Names in local don't provide safety. They just provide a small amount of intel. Quit blaming local for how bad you are at Eve.

Quote:

Null sec is so safe that these very people are able to abandon there territory to go and Burn Jita with no fear of loosing their sovereign space.


We had no fear because we could run back to our space if need be. But then again, all our enemies wanted to join us in Jita, others wanted to shoot us in Jita, and everyone else is too stupid and uncoordinated to be any real threat.

Quote:

It is Funny to hear people who's Alliances have constantly and over a period of Years told people to HTFU while not being able to do so them selves.


You don't get to use HTFU. You haven't earned that right, and so long as you whine at CCP to screw around with other people's space to make up for your poor skills, you'll never get to use HTFU.
Frying Doom
#690 - 2012-06-01 06:33:02 UTC
Shepard Wong Ogeko wrote:
You don't get to use HTFU. You haven't earned that right, and so long as you whine at CCP to screw around with other people's space to make up for your poor skills, you'll never get to use HTFU.

And this is the basis for the entire argument for why the 0.0 sovereignty holders what nothing to change. They believe Null is just for them, it is their space.

Stop whining like a (I was going to say Hi-sec carebear but that isn't true is it) Null sec carebear. This game and Null are for all the members of EvE not just you while you live in YOUR space.

Arguing why things should remain the same while you have everything going your way is fair enough, it is human nature. But the reality is the current Null sec residents are a minority of EvE and null sec should be more usable for more people.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#691 - 2012-06-01 06:37:21 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
null sec should be more usable for more people.


it is, you only need to form an alliance, get ISK together for a sov structure fund, organize fleets, take space, hold that space and figure out the rest from there

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#692 - 2012-06-01 06:38:45 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Shepard Wong Ogeko wrote:
You don't get to use HTFU. You haven't earned that right, and so long as you whine at CCP to screw around with other people's space to make up for your poor skills, you'll never get to use HTFU.

And this is the basis for the entire argument for why the 0.0 sovereignty holders what nothing to change. They believe Null is just for them, it is their space.

Stop whining like a (I was going to say Hi-sec carebear but that isn't true is it) Null sec carebear. This game and Null are for all the members of EvE not just you while you live in YOUR space.

Arguing why things should remain the same while you have everything going your way is fair enough, it is human nature. But the reality is the current Null sec residents are a minority of EvE and null sec should be more usable for more people.

Turn all of highsec into 0.0 so that the poor hisec carebears can enjoy the level of safety that we enjoy.
Then everyone can share nullsec's safety.
Frying Doom
#693 - 2012-06-01 06:44:15 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Shepard Wong Ogeko wrote:
You don't get to use HTFU. You haven't earned that right, and so long as you whine at CCP to screw around with other people's space to make up for your poor skills, you'll never get to use HTFU.

And this is the basis for the entire argument for why the 0.0 sovereignty holders what nothing to change. They believe Null is just for them, it is their space.

Stop whining like a (I was going to say Hi-sec carebear but that isn't true is it) Null sec carebear. This game and Null are for all the members of EvE not just you while you live in YOUR space.

Arguing why things should remain the same while you have everything going your way is fair enough, it is human nature. But the reality is the current Null sec residents are a minority of EvE and null sec should be more usable for more people.

Turn all of highsec into 0.0 so that the poor hisec carebears can enjoy the level of safety that we enjoy.
Then everyone can share nullsec's safety.

Why? They could double the amount of 0.0 we have now and it would just end up like the rest of it is now. Dull, stagnant, Down right boring and heavily underpopulated.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#694 - 2012-06-01 06:47:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
Frying Doom wrote:
Why? They could double the amount of 0.0 we have now and it would just end up like the rest of it is now. Dull, stagnant, Down right boring and heavily underpopulated.

So you propose to fix underpopulation and stagnation by making it more tedious to find fights and making space less alluring to use.
Interesting.
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#695 - 2012-06-01 06:48:30 UTC
the beatings will continue until morale improves

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Frying Doom
#696 - 2012-06-01 06:54:36 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Why? They could double the amount of 0.0 we have now and it would just end up like the rest of it is now. Dull, stagnant, Down right boring and heavily underpopulated.

So you propose to fix underpopulation and stagnation by making it more tedious to find fights and making space less alluring to use.
Interesting.

That is merely your opinion.

Just given the current whining, how many people would like to be able to guerrilla raid Goonswarm space just to see if their hulks paid out on Hulkagedon.

Not to mention the fact that Covert ops ships would actually be covert for once and black ops ships would have a purpose.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#697 - 2012-06-01 07:01:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
You think Goonswarm uses hulks?
According to the Fanfest '12 panel, the CFC has the least developed internal industry of any of the major powers.

Anyways, covops are already very useful in disrupting 0.0 business. Just warp to a safe and press F1.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#698 - 2012-06-01 07:20:31 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Why? They could double the amount of 0.0 we have now and it would just end up like the rest of it is now. Dull, stagnant, Down right boring and heavily underpopulated.

So you propose to fix underpopulation and stagnation by making it more tedious to find fights and making space less alluring to use.
Interesting.

That is merely your opinion.

So what you're saying is that by changing nullsec into a place where you can't reliably carebear because everything is stacked entirely in favor of the attacker, it won't be depopulated?

Frying Doom wrote:
Not to mention the fact that Covert ops ships would actually be covert for once and black ops ships would have a purpose.

If by "actually be covert for once" you mean "will be the main way to roam because it makes it safer than hisec for the roaming gang", then yes.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Frying Doom
#699 - 2012-06-01 08:04:05 UTC
Yes it would be hard to carebear you would have to pay attention.

Oh the Horror I live in Null and I have to do more than look at local.

You guys really should never hassle hi-sec players on being too soft. They can't even use local to see people who will gank them.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#700 - 2012-06-01 08:06:46 UTC
Indeed, make all of highsec 0.0 so that they can experience the soft lazy life.