These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Issler Dainzer should be removed from the csm.

First post
Author
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#101 - 2012-05-20 10:48:03 UTC
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:
oh only now you ask to band together after your alliance pos-es gets popped now shizz is real

It seems to be the current trend, only poke your head up above the sand dune when it suits you and call for others to rally to your flag after having your head stuck in the sandbox and not giving a flying rat's ass until it happens to you.

Maybe Issler does represent some of the high sec demographic in this regard very well, but I don't feel she represents a lot of high sec players, she's actually doing most of them a terrible disservice.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Dawn Flare
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2012-05-20 11:30:59 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:
Removing a CSM isn't a precedent. Mitt's departure may have been a first…
It wasn't a first. IIRC, he was the third CSM to be kicked out of office.

Spoon Throwers UNITE!

So, Ankh was the Queen of Spoon, what does that make Issler?

Princess of Sporks?
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#103 - 2012-05-20 14:22:56 UTC
Dawn Flare wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:
Removing a CSM isn't a precedent. Mitt's departure may have been a first…
It wasn't a first. IIRC, he was the third CSM to be kicked out of office.

Spoon Throwers UNITE!

So, Ankh was the Queen of Spoon, what does that make Issler?

Princess of Sporks?

Bibmeister

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Gabriel Kaile
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#104 - 2012-05-20 15:54:21 UTC
I'm gay.
David Cedarbridge
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#105 - 2012-05-20 18:02:53 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
HVAC Repairman wrote:
The argument that a certain segment of the player base was using was that the only reason people were throwing a tantrum was because it was the Mittani who did it, not because of what he did. If the leader of EVE Uni had been on the CSM and did the exact same thing, it would have never been an issue. The vast majority of the people who were calling for the Mittani to step down/get banned did not give a **** about the player who was mocked and only used it as a political excuse to go after him. Which to me, is every bit as bad as what Mittens did.

I've seen this argument used a dozen times by Goons and it doesn't fly with me. That's the thing - the leader of the EVE Uni wouldn't have called for people to encourage someone to commit suicide. He didn't call for people to encourage someone to commit suicide - Mittens did. You can get into all these hypotheticals until the sun turns black and it won't make a bit of difference - it was Mittens that did it, and it was Mittens that got punished for it. To be honest, I think he got off incredibly lightly for a man who was essentially implying that a living human being should be encouraged to end their own existence - a 30-day ban and forced resignation from one CSM is an incredibly lenient punishment when I personally know people who've been permabanned for less.

Here's a hypothetical question for you - if the offending person had been a member of Raiden. or NCDot, or a large hi-sec alliance... no, wait! I've got the perfect example. What if it had been Jade Constantine? I don't think there's a single member of Goonswarm who likes Jade Constantine. Jade seems like an excellent person for this hypothetical.

What if it had been Jade Constantine who had done what Mittens did? Would Goons be so quick to leap to Jade Constantine's defense if he'd violated the EULA in such a manner? Would the Goons be clamouring for him to be allowed to stand on the next CSM, or would they be calling for a permaban? Or would they just not care?

I'm going to make a request of you, and its going to be probably more than you can handle, but you're going to have to deal with it. Fair is fair for your line of argument. Please quote the part of the EULA that he violated. Thanks in advance.
Aron Croup
Incompatible Protocol
#106 - 2012-05-20 18:04:51 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
But wasn't the whole CFC argument before that Mittani shouldn't be removed from the CSM, despite violating the EULA?

What has Issler done? Has s/he violated the EULA or any other CCP-sanctioned terms of service? Or is s/he simply saying something you don't agree with?

This
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#107 - 2012-05-20 18:30:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Antisocial Malkavian
Issler Dainze wrote:

No, it means we high sec players need to join together and fight back against those that would ruin our game experience. Never asked anyone to unsub.

However, the only way CCP will CARE to change the game is by the measure of how many ppl DO leave. This summer is a good example

CCP didnt want those 20% employees and WiS anyways

David Cedarbridge wrote:

I'm going to make a request of you, and its going to be probably more than you can handle, but you're going to have to deal with it. Fair is fair for your line of argument. Please quote the part of the EULA that he violated. Thanks in advance.

ask CCP

What was the reason for that 30 day ban? OH YEA breach of EULA lol

Keep trying

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Zhihatsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#108 - 2012-05-20 18:40:40 UTC
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:

No, it means we high sec players need to join together and fight back against those that would ruin our game experience. Never asked anyone to unsub.

However, the only way CCP will CARE to change the game is by the measure of how many ppl DO leave. This summer is a good example

CCP didnt want those 20% employees and WiS anyways

What do you hope to accomplish with a mass unsub?

People without faces have no mouths with which to speak.

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#109 - 2012-05-20 18:43:16 UTC
David Cedarbridge wrote:
Please quote the part of the EULA that he violated. Thanks in advance.

I really have no idea, but any reasonable person could infer that the provision against using " abusive, defamatory, ethnically or racially offensive, harassing, harmful, hateful, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, threatening or vulgar language" combined with CCPs reservation of "the right to close, temporarily or permanently, any user’s account without advance notice as we deem necessary." probably covers things pretty well.

Did you have something else in mind?
Zhihatsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#110 - 2012-05-20 18:46:25 UTC
David Cedarbridge wrote:

Why is anyone still arguing about this? What's done is done, all we can do now is move on and try to have Issler removed from the CSM for sabotaging CCP.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#111 - 2012-05-20 18:47:39 UTC
Zhihatsu wrote:
Why is anyone still arguing about this? What's done is done, all we can do now is move on and try to have Issler removed from the CSM for sabotaging CCP.

Not the lowsec industrialists' friend ~~

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#112 - 2012-05-20 18:48:27 UTC
Zhihatsu wrote:
... all we can do now is move on and try to have Issler removed from the CSM for sabotaging CCP.

True.

Of course it would help if that had actually happened.

Oh well.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#113 - 2012-05-20 18:50:36 UTC
Serge Bastana wrote:
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:
oh only now you ask to band together after your alliance pos-es gets popped now shizz is real

It seems to be the current trend, only poke your head up above the sand dune when it suits you and call for others to rally to your flag after having your head stuck in the sandbox and not giving a flying rat's ass until it happens to you.

Maybe Issler does represent some of the high sec demographic in this regard very well, but I don't feel she represents a lot of high sec players, she's actually doing most of them a terrible disservice.

Well, some do nothing until ganked then whine of the forums?

As for the ~silent majority~ they were supposed to be supporting Issler right? I mean they're really quiet, but Issler said so, so I can't argue with that.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Zhihatsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#114 - 2012-05-20 18:51:05 UTC
Malphilos wrote:
Zhihatsu wrote:
... all we can do now is move on and try to have Issler removed from the CSM for sabotaging CCP.

True.

Oh well.

This part right here:

Issler Dainze wrote:
Unless players join together this summer like they did over CCPs plans to exploit players using microtranactions I can't imagine how most of us could enjoy this game in a year.

Is where she encourages her alliance to unsub en masse to protest Goons and PL attacking her vulnerable low-sec POS. Tell me how this isn't Issler conspiring to sabotage CCPs income?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#115 - 2012-05-20 18:55:39 UTC
Zhihatsu wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:
Unless players join together this summer like they did over CCPs plans to exploit players using microtranactions I can't imagine how most of us could enjoy this game in a year.

Is where she encourages her alliance to unsub en masse to protest Goons and PL attacking her vulnerable low-sec POS. Tell me how this isn't Issler conspiring to sabotage CCPs income?

Because many people will join the game after all the goons and capital fleet mercs in lowsec have been banned.

Selinate
#116 - 2012-05-20 18:56:48 UTC
posting in a goons and TEST are still butthurt thread.
Zhihatsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#117 - 2012-05-20 18:56:58 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Zhihatsu wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:

Because many people will join the game after all the goons and capital fleet mercs in lowsec have been banned.

But is that what she is trying to effect with this push for a mass unsub? A ban of a very large group of players who are playing entirely within the game rules?

Selinate
#118 - 2012-05-20 18:57:37 UTC
Zhihatsu wrote:
Malphilos wrote:
Zhihatsu wrote:

True.

Oh well.

This part right here:

Issler Dainze wrote:

She doesn't say how the players should come together.
Zhihatsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#119 - 2012-05-20 18:57:49 UTC
Selinate wrote:

You will find out how butthurt we've been at the CSM election announcement at next years Fanfest.

Selinate
#120 - 2012-05-20 18:58:38 UTC
Zhihatsu wrote:
Selinate wrote:

You will find out how butthurt we've been at the CSM election announcement at next years Fanfest.

I don't need too, this thread is a testament to how butthurt you are now.