These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Issler Dainzer should be removed from the csm.

First post
Author
Zhihatsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#61 - 2012-05-19 20:17:10 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
HVAC Repairman wrote:
The argument that a certain segment of the player base was using was that the only reason people were throwing a tantrum was because it was the Mittani who did it, not because of what he did. If the leader of EVE Uni had been on the CSM and did the exact same thing, it would have never been an issue. The vast majority of the people who were calling for the Mittani to step down/get banned did not give a **** about the player who was mocked and only used it as a political excuse to go after him. Which to me, is every bit as bad as what Mittens did.


I've seen this argument used a dozen times by Goons and it doesn't fly with me. That's the thing - the leader of the EVE Uni wouldn't have called for people to encourage someone to commit suicide. He didn't call for people to encourage someone to commit suicide - Mittens did. You can get into all these hypotheticals until the sun turns black and it won't make a bit of difference - it was Mittens that did it, and it was Mittens that got punished for it. To be honest, I think he got off incredibly lightly for a man who was essentially implying that a living human being should be encouraged to end their own existence - a 30-day ban and forced resignation from one CSM is an incredibly lenient punishment when I personally know people who've been permabanned for less.

Here's a hypothetical question for you - if the offending person had been a member of Raiden. or NCDot, or a large hi-sec alliance... no, wait! I've got the perfect example. What if it had been Jade Constantine? I don't think there's a single member of Goonswarm who likes Jade Constantine. Jade seems like an excellent person for this hypothetical.

What if it had been Jade Constantine who had done what Mittens did? Would Goons be so quick to leap to Jade Constantine's defense if he'd violated the EULA in such a manner? Would the Goons be clamouring for him to be allowed to stand on the next CSM, or would they be calling for a permaban? Or would they just not care?


You heard it here first folks. Andreus Ixiris thinks Mittani should have been executed for doing something dumb.

People without faces have no mouths with which to speak.

ctx2007
Industrial Mining and Mayhem HS
Mayhem Unlimited
#62 - 2012-05-19 20:21:55 UTC
As it seems CCP are back on track this year with EVE and Dust 514.

I do not see a reason with the troubled CSM8 to continue any further this year.

You only realise you life has been a waste of time, when you wake up dead.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
WE FORM V0LTA
#63 - 2012-05-19 20:25:44 UTC
HVAC Repairman wrote:
So, you essentially agree with me? All I ever stated was that the majority of the people gunning after Mittens did it because they see him and GSF as internet spaceship satan.


Yes, but it's because you guys intentionally try to be internet spaceship Satan.

HVAC Repairman wrote:
I never once argued that Mittens didn't step over the line or that he should get off without some sort of punishment.


Then you're one of the few Goons I've seen so far who thinks that way.

HVAC Repairman wrote:
As for Jade, I'm so glad you put words in my mouth of what I would or would not do.


Maybe you wouldn't, but a lot of Goons would - sincerely or not - and implying that they wouldn't is laughable.

HVAC Repairman wrote:
Personally I have no issues with him, and on occasion do get a laugh at how well he sometimes baits people. I can't say for certain what I would or would not do, but I wouldn't use a highsec ice miner as an excuse to go after him. I have no doubt that there would be some people gunning for Jade, but you certainly wouldn't have seen it in the numbers of people who went after Mittens nor would you see a majority of the same people attacking Mittens attacking Jade, which is the only point I'm really trying to make.


You're probably right, but the thing is, as I've been saying again and again, Mittens, GSF and the greater CFC have set themselves up as figures of hate. Jade Constantine certainly is hated by a lot of people, but Jade doesn't really aim to get as many people as he possibly can angry at him - for him, it's a simple matter of not really caring. The abysmal way Goons act towards others (though I'm not precisely complaining about that, per se - I'm just remarking) tends to make others ill-disposed towards you, and thus it's to be expected that any excuse to hurt you can and will be taken up by them.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#64 - 2012-05-19 20:30:18 UTC
Zhihatsu wrote:
You heard it here first folks. Andreus Ixiris thinks Mittani should have been executed for doing something dumb.



Well yes.... but not until you said it.

What's your point?
Dawn Flare
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2012-05-19 20:33:35 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
The abysmal way Goons act towards others

Just to throw it in there, Goons were hated on from day 1 of them coming to EVE, so their behavior to people who are not their friends is a result of the obvious us vs them attitude that was forced on them in the antiquity of EVE.

You have to realize this to even begin to understand Goons, and its very hard to see from the outside of the CFC.
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#66 - 2012-05-19 21:08:08 UTC
Working as intended.

Cry moar.

Etc. etc.

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#67 - 2012-05-19 21:18:53 UTC
Dawn Flare wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
The abysmal way Goons act towards others

Just to throw it in there, Goons were hated on from day 1 of them coming to EVE, so their behavior to people who are not their friends is a result of the obvious us vs them attitude that was forced on them in the antiquity of EVE.


That's not the way I recall things.

Being complete a$$hats has been the focus of the Goon public persona from day one, it's not something the cruel world forced on them it's the way they chose to portray themselves.

Whether or not it's real is immaterial, it's the way they want to be seen.
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#68 - 2012-05-19 21:20:54 UTC
Goons are literally just people playing a game. They "get it". The fact that people get foaming-at-the-mouth worked up about them is hilarious.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Shian Yang
#69 - 2012-05-19 22:09:53 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
I completely disagree.

I believe that Issler should stay on the CSM as she provides great comedy value.

Yes she is possibly the worst ever CSM Member, yes she has no clue what so ever, yes she continuously makes a complete and utter fool out herself, yes she continues to show a total lack of understanding about game mechanics.

For all the reason I have mentioned above she must remain on the CSM as an example of when people vote for somebody just because they do not like somebody else, instead of putting there personal feeling aside and voting for those who actually stand for something and have the ability to make things happen.

Issler is an example of the very worst person that can be elected on the CSM and should be used for years to come what can happen when people let there person issues get in the way of making a educated decision,

Long live the worst CSM Member in the history of Eve


Greetings capsuleer,

I agree with you. But I also, as a citizen of the Minmatar Republic, feel that the Council has value if it acts with integrity. Having a person on the CSM like Issler brings the whole concept into disrepute. It started with the whole gaming of the Mittani incident for support, the refusal to work and coordinate with the rest of the CSM on what was a pivotal moment in the history of New Eden and the general attitude towards voters, the noble office of the CSM and New Eden as a whole.

To face a year with such a person on the Council. I shudder to think what harm it is doing to an already struggling Council.

Regards,

Shian Yang
FeralShadow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#70 - 2012-05-19 22:13:05 UTC
OP is a moron.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Commit Sudoku
Perkone
Caldari State
#71 - 2012-05-19 22:13:58 UTC
Karl Hobb wrote:
Goons are literally just people playing a game. They "get it". The fact that people get foaming-at-the-mouth worked up about them is hilarious.

you mean that these guys are serious? **** ive been doing it all wrong.
Zhihatsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2012-05-19 22:33:31 UTC
Malphilos wrote:
Dawn Flare wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
The abysmal way Goons act towards others

Just to throw it in there, Goons were hated on from day 1 of them coming to EVE, so their behavior to people who are not their friends is a result of the obvious us vs them attitude that was forced on them in the antiquity of EVE.


That's not the way I recall things.

Being complete a$$hats has been the focus of the Goon public persona from day one, it's not something the cruel world forced on them it's the way they chose to portray themselves.

Whether or not it's real is immaterial, it's the way they want to be seen.


How involved have you been with Goons when they first started, Mister "I've been in the name NPC corp for my entire 8 years"?

People without faces have no mouths with which to speak.

Commit Sudoku
Perkone
Caldari State
#73 - 2012-05-19 22:57:11 UTC
Nick Bete
Highsec Haulers Inc.
#74 - 2012-05-19 22:59:13 UTC
FeralShadow wrote:
OP is a moron.


This pretty much says all that needs to be said.
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#75 - 2012-05-19 23:02:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Copine Callmeknau wrote:

[snippy-snippy]
Her posts make me want to /wrists


Heh.

I see what you did there!Blink

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#76 - 2012-05-19 23:05:28 UTC
White Tree wrote:
More like Issler Dunce.


Oh look, the has-been pitifully trying to keep itself relevant. Again.

Accept your fading into obscurity with grace, please, kthxbai.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#77 - 2012-05-19 23:09:24 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
you do know that the mittani supported the jita protest and told people to unsub so that ccp would change...
how is this different?


IIRC he stayed quiet about it

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Zhihatsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#78 - 2012-05-19 23:12:03 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
you do know that the mittani supported the jita protest and told people to unsub so that ccp would change...
how is this different?


IIRC he stayed quiet about it


IIRC the Jita Protest was because CCP was getting dollar signs in their eyes over Incarna and Nex. Issler is calling for people to unsub to punish CCP because the mean Goonies and the mean PLs were mean to her Low-sec POS.

People without faces have no mouths with which to speak.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#79 - 2012-05-19 23:53:06 UTC
Just Alter wrote:


This is unacceptable.

How can a person be so vile?

CCP was able, with reason, to remove the mittani from the csm.

In that way they set a precedent: people can be removed from the csm.

Issler should be removed too, if anybody was not convinced by these posts/letters alone then they can search these forum, the proof of issler inadequacy to be a part of the csm is clear.


You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, which is understandable. Please get your facts straight and do some research first before posting slanderous statements. There was only 1 player who actually was removed from the CSM back quite a few years ago for breaking the NDA.

CCP didn't remove The Mittani from CSM 6, he resigned and due to his breaking the TOS/EULA, he received a slap on the wrist from CCP in the form of a 30 day ban from the game. That basically forfeited and eliminated him being in CSM 7.

Posting a prejudiced and biased thread like this filled with false statements while naming and attacking a specific player should be grounds for this thread to be reported, removed and a warning issued. 2nd offense would be a 2 week forum ban and if continued, the IP address of the account would be permanently banned.
Zhihatsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#80 - 2012-05-19 23:57:18 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Just Alter wrote:


This is unacceptable.

How can a person be so vile?

CCP was able, with reason, to remove the mittani from the csm.

In that way they set a precedent: people can be removed from the csm.

Issler should be removed too, if anybody was not convinced by these posts/letters alone then they can search these forum, the proof of issler inadequacy to be a part of the csm is clear.


You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, which is understandable. Please get your facts straight and do some research first before posting slanderous statements. There was only 1 player who actually was removed from the CSM back quite a few years ago for breaking the NDA.

CCP didn't remove The Mittani from CSM 6, he resigned and due to his breaking the TOS/EULA, he received a slap on the wrist from CCP in the form of a 30 day ban from the game. That basically forfeited and eliminated him being in CSM 7.

Posting a prejudiced and biased thread like this filled with false statements while naming and attacking a specific player should be grounds for this thread to be reported, removed and a warning issued. 2nd offense would be a 2 week forum ban and if continued, the IP address of the account would be permanently banned.


So would you agree that Issler should be removed from CSM for attempting to sabotage CCP because a group of players destroyed her low-sec POS?

People without faces have no mouths with which to speak.