These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Capital Mining Barge.

Author
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#21 - 2012-05-18 20:18:03 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Rokh hourly output: 84,000 units of Omber

I do my math in m3, not units of any one ore. I also don't rely on dated wiki pages that might not account for recent changes to modules or newly available modules. All of my numbers assume a 5% mining implant and a max-yield perfect orca booster.

The Rokh I specced out in Pyfa will get 30.53 m3/s, compared to the hulk's 47.46. That comes to 64.3% of the Hulk's yield, minus a small portion as the Rokh's mining drones make up a larger portion of its yield and some of that will be lost to transit time.

The 105k EHP mining Rokh would push 28.13, or 59.3% of the Hulk's yield. It's virtually gank proof on account of the sheer cost of applying that much damage.

The point is that boosting will affect all of them evenly, so the ratio would stay the same.

With the exception, that is, of the "Turtle", since it uses drones. I don't think they are boosted by the effect, nor would someone pick it to use in a fleet instead of a Hulk anyway.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#22 - 2012-05-21 13:48:18 UTC
Nikk Narrel wrote:
With the exception, that is, of the "Turtle", since it uses drones. I don't think they are boosted by the effect, nor would someone pick it to use in a fleet instead of a Hulk anyway.

But your proposed yield (60% of the hulk) can be matched by an existing ship that has a significant tank. Your Turtle concept is already redundant.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Previous page12