These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Question: What one thing is really hurting EVE?

Author
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#161 - 2012-05-16 14:43:04 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Multiboxing and alt accounts.

Being limited to one account per person would solve SOOOOO many problems.

And create many more, namely seriously depleted income for CCP. Besides, you could NEVER stop it...
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#162 - 2012-05-16 14:46:32 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
People who try to change the game before trying to adapt.

WINNER!
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#163 - 2012-05-16 15:20:03 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
People who try to change the game before trying to adapt.

WINNER!

And those who try to change the game AFTER trying to adapt are, what, Losers ?

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Leemi Sobo
#164 - 2012-05-16 15:25:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Leemi Sobo
Niko Takahashi wrote:
Jumpdrives

fast travel in general ... also jumpclones IMO

ShahFluffers wrote:

at least we can dream about a future without alts Smile

HVAC Repairman wrote:
Clone costs for the higher SP characters

i had never thought i would agree with a goon publicly, but an empty clone which is more expensive than the fitted ship is ridiculous
and it's the only reason which prevents me from flying frigs Sad

edit: on a 2nd thought, the underlying problem could be all the mobile bubbling with [heavy] dictors which catch my pod in nearly every battle nowadays Blink if i would get away more often the clonecosts wouldn't be as much of a "problem"

Gilbaron wrote:
also a lack of PvP content for groups of 10-15 players that is not "lets go on a roam"

or better: an actual reason to fight, not just "lets go on a roam"

there should be more industy out there ... back in 06 we lost a miningops while the scout was asleep Big smile

Torneach wrote:
Killmails and instant local.

no more killmail whoring logistics if there would only be lossmails and as a bonus no more "free" fitting intel
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#165 - 2012-05-16 15:27:54 UTC
Fabulousli Obvious wrote:
And those who try to change the game AFTER trying to adapt are, what, Losers ?

No, they just need to adapt more.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#166 - 2012-05-16 15:30:42 UTC
Karl Hobb wrote:

No, they just need to adapt more.

Shocked

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#167 - 2012-05-16 16:02:22 UTC
Immortality through clones.

Some problems just cry for a more permanent solution. Cool

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#168 - 2012-05-16 16:04:24 UTC
Boring PvE and introductory player content.

No bait or anything to really hook the trial players into the game. People try, say this is dull, leave. Reduced retained trials to expand into everything else.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#169 - 2012-05-16 17:05:10 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:

This.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#170 - 2012-05-16 19:36:19 UTC
Roime wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

EVE's average player is 34 years old and that average has been growing every year.

Player loyalty? Of course. But also that once you've played everything, then there are not many aternatives left... how many "mature" games are out there? Let alone "mature" MMOs?

And yet EVE's endgame is better suit to jobless sociopaths than to sane people wiht a life. Good luck scaring the sh*t out of ADD children and fu**ing in every way people with a life who can only afford to play EVE in little pieces of time.

There is no "endgame" in a sandbox.

And you certainly appear very mature indeed.

There are two kinds of people, those who do, and those who make excuses.

Well, then EVE is not a sandbox as it certainly does have endgame content. Lol
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#171 - 2012-05-16 19:43:47 UTC
Too much minecraft
Not enough Eve
Pres Crendraven
#172 - 2012-05-16 20:12:14 UTC
Having to pay for ships

Meta34me

Corp and Alliance details hidden to protect the innocent.

Max Essen
Bison Industrial Inc
#173 - 2012-05-16 20:23:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Max Essen
Me, I am the problem.
Think I may have to take a couple months break.

Fake Edit: No you can't have my stuff, I'll probably be back.
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#174 - 2012-05-16 20:38:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Serge Bastana

And yet EVE's endgame is better suit to jobless sociopaths than to sane people wiht a life. Good luck scaring the sh*t out of ADD children and fu**ing in every way people with a life who can only afford to play EVE in little pieces of time.

News: armchair psychologist labels people enjoying pixel spaceships 'sociopaths'. Dumbest comment in this thread so far

Fabulousli Obvious wrote:

"I Heartily Endorse This Statement"

This, more than anything else really.

2 Alt accounts expire in 5 days, the other 2 in about 4 weeks due to the mistake of paying up ahead of time.

My Casual A** is out of here. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I have introduced that many players with the buddy invite system in the past few weeks and they're enjoying the game, I think it's a fair exchange, one whiner with his alts doing the old 'I'm unsubbing all my alts' for several players who actually enjoy the game and may well have multiple accounts themselves.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#175 - 2012-05-16 20:44:52 UTC
Local

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#176 - 2012-05-16 21:15:07 UTC
[

Well, then EVE is not a sandbox as it certainly does have endgame content. Lol

Care to enlighten us about your opinion on what is EVE's endgame content? When you reach level 80?

I think "endgame" is just another term that doesn't even belong to EVE, like "playstyle", PVP, PVE, crafting and quests.

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#177 - 2012-05-16 21:55:12 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
The elderly "how do i babby with job?" demographic isn't the target of the video game industry anyway. Those people shouldn't be the focus of the development process. If the player base is growing older at such an alarming rate, then something is terribly wrong with that process, because the game is obviously not attracting younger players. In fact, it might be a sign that CCP is focusing on these older players, who are going to quit anyway simply because they're too busy to play games as they get older.

If EVE is dumbed down with autopilot features such as arena pvp and high-sec invulnerability in order to appeal to the "play while feed babby" crowd at the expense of the type of players that gave it long-term success, then it's going to be in a very difficult position, since the former won't notice, and the latter will be alienated.

It's like making soup out of a sandwich; neither the youngsters nor the old, toothless folk will be interested in the final product, albeit for entirely different reasons.

Uninformed chatter will only take you as far as here:

EVE's average player is 34 years old and that average has been growing every year.

Player loyalty? Of course. But also that once you've played everything, then there are not many aternatives left... how many "mature" games are out there? Let alone "mature" MMOs?

Claiming that there are no "mature" games out there just makes you look like a pretentious jackass. Are you really trying to say that out of the ten or so million people playing WoW, for example, there isn't a single mature guild/community?

There we go, the pinnacle of maturity.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#178 - 2012-05-16 21:58:49 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

There we go, the pinnacle of maturity.

He even self-censored **** and *******. Now that's mature.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#179 - 2012-05-16 22:02:52 UTC
I'm revising my previous answer. Indahwahwah is ruining EVE.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Jayrendo Karr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#180 - 2012-05-17 01:04:21 UTC
The inability for new players to compete with old players, this will result in a skillpoint gap too large to cope with.