These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ships need Insurances.

First post
Author
Gallion
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#61 - 2012-05-24 06:51:03 UTC
Hmm, I see. Kusum thanks for actually Breaking things down, But it is still broken.
Insurance system should be removed In general. and just make the Default Payouts Platinum.

This is a Signature, It makes people Stare. (Man I gotta Make one , or Find one to steal)

Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#62 - 2012-05-24 06:59:05 UTC
Gallion wrote:
Hmm, I see. Kusum thanks for actually Breaking things down, But it is still broken.
Insurance system should be removed In general. and just make the Default Payouts Platinum.

why? insurance is a choice that one is supposed to make, they do not force you to buy it, but often people do. and if you cannot afford the full, you can buy a lesser plan that will net you more then without.

i often go without insurance on my ships, on occasion i have found my wallet empty. more often i forget. what does the removal of this insurance choice do for the game?

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Gallion
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2012-05-24 07:01:04 UTC
it removes a isk sink for one.

This is a Signature, It makes people Stare. (Man I gotta Make one , or Find one to steal)

Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#64 - 2012-05-24 07:02:34 UTC
Gallion wrote:
it removes a isk sink for one.

why is this good?

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Gallion
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#65 - 2012-05-24 07:04:39 UTC
why wouldnt it be?

Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#66 - 2012-05-24 07:19:40 UTC
Gallion wrote:
why wouldnt it be?

Because isk sinks help control the amount of isk in teh eve economy, with the faucets like missions, and most notably Incursions, there needs to be some way to control that flow, the rate of inflation.

There are many small isk sinks and a few big ones. Skill books are a sink, Clone costs are a sink, market fees are a sink. ways to remove isk from ingame circulation. CSPA charges are a sink.

ship purchases are not. in fact moon mining to a degree has both sinks involved, and spigots, though technium is a faucet for the alliance holding it, its not an isk generator int eh same way that say, missions are,

thats a different lecture though.

however, Insurance is not a sink. its actually a faucet. when your ship explodes you are given isk by PEND insurance company. which is NPC run. that isk is not taken from players. and the isk you paid for aht ship is nto taken back from the person who sold you that ship. While you have lost an asset, you have gained ISK that was not currently in circulation before hand. It is the same as if you had sold your ship and some of the fittings to a npc buyer.

not buying insurance means taht you are reducing the amount of isk introduced into the game. mandating platinum insurance means you are always opening a larger faucet.

I support more choices in game, if you forget, or it is your particular mantra to do it a particular way that is fine, but why force everyone else to also play that way, it also trains people to keep up to date with what is going on in their game. not always a bad thing, not always good. its still a choice.

Gallion
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#67 - 2012-05-24 07:30:36 UTC
Alright, I submit Kusum. Thanks at least your made an Effort to making sense of things instead of trolling on.

Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
The Revenant Order
#68 - 2012-05-24 07:41:56 UTC
Simple economics mate. Too much money in an economy creates inflation, or in the case of how Incursionbears were blitzing Vanguard sites, hyperinflation, which is bad for EVERYONE.

ISK sinks are good, as they provide stability and balance to the economy. Anyone who would disagree with this is foolish. Furthermore, a ship being destroyed is simply an opportunity for an industrialist to put their skills to work, and keep themselves gainfully employed. If you make the decision not to insure your ship, that's your problem. If you make the decision to insure a T2, T3 or Faction ship, also your problem.

Because if you think about it in the following terms:

Tech 2 ships:
- Produced from T1 Hulls
- Research and advanced technology implemented in them

Tech 3 ships:
- Produced from technology gleaned from Sleepers
- Research and advanced technology implemented in them

Naval Faction Ships:
- Produced by Naval Factions to be acquired through Loyalty Points gained by working for said faction
- Not really meant for the general populous consumption

Pirate Faction Ships:
- Produced by Pirate Factions to be acquired through Loyalty Points gained by working for said faction
- Not really meant for the general populous consumption

All of those above listed ships are not meant to be easily acquired or built. And they for the most part are still built from basic materials which have set values. And for T2 and T3 especially, you can't put a price on research or development going into the production of said equipment, only tangible goods. Modern day insurance companies will only insure tangible (physical) goods, not research (conceptual goods or intellectual properties).

Therefore, as everyone has been trying to tell you:

Insurance is clearly working as intended, implemented, and designed by CCP, which is the final decision in anything that occurs within the EVE universe.

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Serina Tsukaya
Dropbears Anonymous
Brave Collective
#69 - 2012-05-24 08:42:50 UTC
So you belive it to be broken simply because you think that it should be higher? Then here's another thought for you: Let's just remove all the bpos from the game and eliminate production, that way people only rat and do plexes for isk that they buy from ccp and eve thus creating a large isk faucet. Because the ships will have a set price, insurences can then be applied in a proper manner. Sounds like a Great idea!

Sorry about this meaning that you can no longer produce though.

Also, a game mechanic of Eve is that every loss is supposed to be meaningful, which is one of the reasons it actually is this screwed up and the payouts for T2 ships is horrible.

So yes, it may be broken, but if it were way too broken, then ccp would have already fixed it, they either don't think it's a problem as it premotes emotion and investment in the game, or they simply have other more important things to do.

If it were truely broken, then they'd already know about it. Quite a few of the ccp staff do play this game after all in their spare time.
Gallion
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2012-05-24 08:53:08 UTC
Touche'.

CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#71 - 2012-05-24 13:08:49 UTC
Locked upon OP request.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer