These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

A Nerf to Datacores....The CCP mistake

Author
Tadeo Musashy
Doomheim
#81 - 2012-05-25 18:14:14 UTC
Haulie Berry wrote:
Tadeo Musashy wrote:


cuting down 50% datacores income isnt "tweaking"...
reducing probe scan base time from 480 secs to 12 secs isnt "tweaking"...
thats chopping!!!


Lol. "They buffed the **** out of probing, I WANT MY PROBING SKILLPOINTS BACK!"

Holy ****, you have entitlement issues.


I've said it before: it depends which way are you looking at the change: gameplay-wise or isk-wise... what was "buffing" for 90% of players it definitively ment heavy nerfing for the rest of 10% by ruining the hardwork they've done to have that "explorers exclusivity"... but i'd assume you dont have any antreprenorial education / experience, isnt it?
notabene: everybody had the opportunity to train the probing skills but most choose not to do it... pls notice "choose"

Quote:

What (tf) is so hard to understand?
Assuming ppl really WANT to understand (which i begin to doubt), lets make it easier by moving the issue inta a RL practical example - even if it isnt the most accurate example the basic "ideea" still stands:
lets say you go the the nearby store and buy yourself a nice and shiny new home cinema system to replace your old and dusty VCR ... so, you gather all the info you can get your hands on, study the market, compare the specs, listen to the seller praising the product, see with your own eyes and finally you decide its a good purchase... then you read carefully the user manual, check the guarantee certificate, you pay the price, follow all the handling and working instructions - in one word you check, understand, agree and obey all the infos and rules in place - get the system to your livingroom and enjoy the full benefits on the marvelous product... BUT after some (great) time here comes the manufacturer (or seller) installing a new bios (software) which turns the video system into an ordinary black & white one instead of the great colour, full HD one...
given the circumstancer would you say: "its great, i can still watch movies, or would you scream "refund"!!!??????


Quote:
The basic "idea" doesn't hold because that is a product that you wholly own - it is not a part of an integral system of a virtual universe inhabited by hundreds of thousands of other people. Their concern in making game changes is the welfare of the game as a whole - not the welfare of Tadeo Musashy as an individual.


i was pretty sure someone would quickjump on argueing the details choosing to ignore the main conclusion: as long as they choose to change the initial product specs there's no fair way or argument to deny the refund... agreed: i could have thought better and choose a more appropriate example but it would be a waste of time anyway as long as it wouldnt be addressed in good faith... the conclusion would still be the same...
(how about this quickie: we are playing poker - hands delt, bids placed... i have a straight you have a full house... happy you... but... upsss.. here is my new rule in place, active as from this moment: straight is better the full house - you lose... and no, no refund on opening bids... its ok with you?)

Quote:
Should incursion runners have all of their investments into incursion running refunded because incursions were nerfed?
Should anyone who trained for nano have theirs refunded, too?
Should bomber pilots have their SP refunded if they don't like the new bomber model? What about the change from cruise missiles to torps?
Should rifter pilots have all of their minmatar frigate SPs refunded because the Incursus, Merlin, and Punisher are now much better than they were a week ago?

You don't deserve compensation every time a game change adversely affects you. That is never going to happen. I'm sure whining like this was a major concern of theirs when they first introduced the ability to refund SPs. The management overhead alone would make it completely infeasible, and on top of that, the end result would be everyone shifting masses off skillpoints from one flavor of the month to the next every time something was rebalanced. It would pretty clearly be to the detriment of the game as a whole.

All that aside, gutting research agents still leaves the primary function of every skill except research project management entirely intact. Coupled with the decryptor change, it's actually a net benefit. It's like CCP stole a nickel from you and gave you a C-note in return, and you're ceaselessly crying about that nickel instead of pocketing the $99.95.


- all the above examples are rather tweaks but radical changes to game mechanics...
- i dont deserve compensation? says who? based on what? the simple fact they do not offer compensation doesnt mean i dont deserve it...
- again: my understanding about "compensation" is strictlly the option to reallocate the SP i may consider "wasted" because of the changes...
- using your nikel / C-note example: alow me (and every one as individual) to choose whats best for me... i have my brain with me and i really dont care about "superior entities looking over others welfare" concept

care about having POLLs available in forum threads? https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=115634&find=unread

Haulie Berry
#82 - 2012-05-25 18:24:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Haulie Berry
It's pretty clear, at this point, that I'm dealing with a child with delusions of entitlement. You're not going to get your way here. You are not owed anything, you do not deserve anything. Learn to cope.

This, though:

Quote:
... but i'd assume you dont have any antreprenorial education / experience, isnt it?


On the contrary, my "antreprenorial" spirit is precisely what motivates me to capitalize on game changes for fun and profit. I made more on datacores in one hour last night than an entire account's worth of research alts would have made in a month. While you're crying like a little girl with a scraped knee about the unfairness of it all, people with "antreprenorial" spirit are busy getting paid.

Adaptability is a big part of "antrepreneurship". You should try it out.
Tadeo Musashy
Doomheim
#83 - 2012-05-26 02:56:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Tadeo Musashy
Haulie Berry wrote:
It's pretty clear, at this point, that I'm dealing with a child with delusions of entitlement. You're not going to get your way here. You are not owed anything, you do not deserve anything. Learn to cope.


Like always, lack of argument brings debate down to the personal attack level... and of course, just like in politics, down to "final statements" based on a wrongly assumed "superiority" (*thats the best way to be - eat the bone that we indulge ourself to throw you... and even say "thank you" for our "generosity"...)

Tadeo Musashy wrote:
... but i'd assume you dont have any antreprenorial education / experience, isnt it?


Haulie Berry wrote:
On the contrary, my "antreprenorial" spirit is precisely what motivates me to capitalize on game changes for fun and profit. I made more on datacores in one hour last night than an entire account's worth of research alts would have made in a month. While you're crying like a little girl with a scraped knee about the unfairness of it all, people with "antreprenorial" spirit are busy getting paid.

Adaptability is a big part of "antrepreneurship". You should try it out.


motivation is one thing, proficiency is another... motivation without common sense may be a winner but only for the short terms ventures (just like in RL when the shty neo* theory + motivation brought all of us where we crowl today )... failing to admit obvious things like "changing rules in the midle of the game isnt fair" sound more like a strictly (and debatable) opportunistic way of "playing" and is far from being a proof of common sense...
anyway... nice to hear about your "made per hour" but you also shouldnt worry about others "adaptability" - argueing (and not "crying like a...") about the obvious lack of fairness and still playing the cards delt that way are (also) two very different things...

and slighty offtopic but i just cant help myself: so, for the record: i was delighted to "use" almost half of my yesterdays datacores outcome to "sunk" the mofos that manipulate the power circuits market for the last few months - their huge loses really made my (yester)day making those few billions the best "wasted" isks in a while... (please tell me you had a nice stack of those overpriced shinies... lol)

care about having POLLs available in forum threads? https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=115634&find=unread

Shiken Kan
Perkone
Caldari State
#84 - 2012-05-26 09:35:53 UTC
Getting your corp standings to 8 and a couple of skills to 5 is quite an investment of both time and money.
You later merely reap the fruit of that labor.
The income is around a billion a year give or take. That is hardly gamebreaking considering you need to have fairly high sp and be able to run lvl 4 missions in the first place.

Its also not unfair because you had to run level 1-3 missions when you could have run lvl 4 for your main corp or rat instead, generating revenue right off the bat which could have then been invested into the market providing an equally passive source of income.

Moreover the higher combat skills one would have when not training the science ones required to farm datacores would provide for faster ratting/mission running and thus provide a passive income as well.

This is a direct nerf to the abilities of a character which was in no way called for, especially considering the low revenue r&d had to begin with.
Planning ones character is pointless when things get changed in such a matter and i believe all researchers should be refunded not only with sp but also with compound interst to the isk lost while leveling the agents.
Marcus McTavish
Volcel Police
#85 - 2012-05-26 13:43:31 UTC
Tadeo Musashy wrote:
and by the way:

Marcus McTavish wrote:

Passive Income = Undeserved Welfare
Active Income = Work


as long as the eve monthly subscription has the same price for both the active and the pasive player theres no such thing as "undeserved welfare"
just like IRL: some are happy with being paid 5000 $/month for active (hard)working but others may preffer to passively live doing (almost) nothing with a 2000 $/month rent income... as long as both are paying the taxes (therfore folowing the rules) both are honorable citizens...



You are dumb, you work in real life for the money, apparently thinking on more than one level is impossible.
Outside of eve you earn money to pay for eve, that is work.

60k per year is not very much.
if you think 24k is enough to support yourself and anything you might wish to do, then you are mistaken. They are both honorable decisions, but only one offers the ability to actually do things and buy things.
Tadeo Musashy
Doomheim
#86 - 2012-05-27 01:34:26 UTC
Marcus McTavish wrote:
Tadeo Musashy wrote:
and by the way:

Marcus McTavish wrote:

Passive Income = Undeserved Welfare
Active Income = Work


as long as the eve monthly subscription has the same price for both the active and the pasive player theres no such thing as "undeserved welfare"
just like IRL: some are happy with being paid 5000 $/month for active (hard)working but others may preffer to passively live doing (almost) nothing with a 2000 $/month rent income... as long as both are paying the taxes (therfore folowing the rules) both are honorable citizens...



You are dumb, you work in real life for the money, apparently thinking on more than one level is impossible.
Outside of eve you earn money to pay for eve, that is work.

60k per year is not very much.
if you think 24k is enough to support yourself and anything you might wish to do, then you are mistaken. They are both honorable decisions, but only one offers the ability to actually do things and buy things.


again: you are under the false impresion that if you use words like "dumb" or "idiot" in your posts, your (socalled) argument would gain some weight - bad news: it doesnt... being "big-mouth" behind miles of cable is cheap and easy - any 'tarded brainless redneck is able to do that... even my 11 years old son could swear around... i could easily do it too... prooving what?

now, back on topic: as expected when you begin your reply with sht like "you are...", you missed the whole point... the essence stands in the words "just like IRL" and i was trying to explain that you are not entitled to decide what's "deserved" and whats "undeserved"... nor that being "activ" is better then "inactive" except if you are making that judgement for yourself ONLY...
upsss... i said "judgement"... sorry...

care about having POLLs available in forum threads? https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=115634&find=unread

Marcus McTavish
Volcel Police
#87 - 2012-05-27 11:19:02 UTC
Tadeo Musashy wrote:
Marcus McTavish wrote:
Tadeo Musashy wrote:
and by the way:

Marcus McTavish wrote:

Passive Income = Undeserved Welfare
Active Income = Work


as long as the eve monthly subscription has the same price for both the active and the pasive player theres no such thing as "undeserved welfare"
just like IRL: some are happy with being paid 5000 $/month for active (hard)working but others may preffer to passively live doing (almost) nothing with a 2000 $/month rent income... as long as both are paying the taxes (therfore folowing the rules) both are honorable citizens...



You are dumb, you work in real life for the money, apparently thinking on more than one level is impossible.
Outside of eve you earn money to pay for eve, that is work.

60k per year is not very much.
if you think 24k is enough to support yourself and anything you might wish to do, then you are mistaken. They are both honorable decisions, but only one offers the ability to actually do things and buy things.


again: you are under the false impresion that if you use words like "dumb" or "idiot" in your posts, your (socalled) argument would gain some weight - bad news: it doesnt... being "big-mouth" behind miles of cable is cheap and easy - any 'tarded brainless redneck is able to do that... even my 11 years old son could swear around... i could easily do it too... prooving what?

now, back on topic: as expected when you begin your reply with sht like "you are...", you missed the whole point... the essence stands in the words "just like IRL" and i was trying to explain that you are not entitled to decide what's "deserved" and whats "undeserved"... nor that being "activ" is better then "inactive" except if you are making that judgement for yourself ONLY...
upsss... i said "judgement"... sorry...


I say those kind of things to grab your attention from you cemented mindset! I was trying to compare the situation to something that could be understood in terms of real life issues, but it appears you have taken a completely separate route by making assumptions about myself. Therefore ill do the same; perhaps all of what i said does in fact describe you?

In eve you deserve nothing without work; this is not the exact case in real life. But certainly you get nothing for simply, not even logging into the game. Datacores at their root was a way to curb tech 2 blueprints, however they developed into a nearly completely passive income stream which attracted even more players to highsec where many became risk-adverse and are actually damaging the game in the long term by refusing to leave the safety of their nest, this attitude is demonstrated by them acting out when you take something of great value and safety to them. You take away one PVP ship, pirates will just use another; carebears will whine.
Tadeo Musashy
Doomheim
#88 - 2012-05-27 14:32:41 UTC
Marcus McTavish wrote:

....
In eve you deserve nothing without work; this is not the exact case in real life. But certainly you get nothing for simply, not even logging into the game.

actually that is FALSE - as i allready pointed, paying the subscription entitles you to train you char... a char with a certain amount of SP has a value you could sell it for... if you want to go even deeper into this i may say that a 6 months old (and trained) char worth better then 3b isk (where 3b would be the cost in isk for being subscribed but "inactive")
conclusion: you are able to make isk even with no "work" at all (other then setting a training plan)

Marcus McTavish wrote:
Datacores at their root was a way to curb tech 2 blueprints, however they developed into a nearly completely passive income stream,,,

true... but those were the valid rules at a certain point in time... and i (as well as many others) made their plans considering those rules... its not my fault and i didnt call for a rules change... if they choose to change the rules (the system) they should offer the alternative for us to reconsider our plans aswell... thats why i was asking for (at leasr) an offer to reallocate the SP linked to the old system...

Marcus McTavish wrote:
which attracted even more players to highsec where many became risk-adverse and are actually damaging the game in the long term by refusing to leave the safety of their nest, this attitude is demonstrated by them acting out when you take something of great value and safety to them. You take away one PVP ship, pirates will just use another; carebears will whine.


well... i agree to some point to the above... but you cant FORCE carebears into lower sec that way... the option would be to lure them there with better gameplay, options, opportunities and so on... those kind of enforcements are not only unfair but also annoying and the global outcome not easily predictable... and dont forget eve is a system where highsec carebears have their clear role and place... i may say the whole system depends equally on their activity to build what others are destroing... i cant imagine eve without carebears, you can?

care about having POLLs available in forum threads? https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=115634&find=unread

Marcus McTavish
Volcel Police
#89 - 2012-05-27 15:19:53 UTC
Tadeo Musashy wrote:
Marcus McTavish wrote:

....
In eve you deserve nothing without work; this is not the exact case in real life. But certainly you get nothing for simply, not even logging into the game.

actually that is FALSE - as i allready pointed, paying the subscription entitles you to train you char... a char with a certain amount of SP has a value you could sell it for... if you want to go even deeper into this i may say that a 6 months old (and trained) char worth better then 3b isk (where 3b would be the cost in isk for being subscribed but "inactive")
conclusion: you are able to make isk even with no "work" at all (other then setting a training plan)

Marcus McTavish wrote:
Datacores at their root was a way to curb tech 2 blueprints, however they developed into a nearly completely passive income stream,,,

true... but those were the valid rules at a certain point in time... and i (as well as many others) made their plans considering those rules... its not my fault and i didnt call for a rules change... if they choose to change the rules (the system) they should offer the alternative for us to reconsider our plans aswell... thats why i was asking for (at leasr) an offer to reallocate the SP linked to the old system...

Marcus McTavish wrote:
which attracted even more players to highsec where many became risk-adverse and are actually damaging the game in the long term by refusing to leave the safety of their nest, this attitude is demonstrated by them acting out when you take something of great value and safety to them. You take away one PVP ship, pirates will just use another; carebears will whine.


well... i agree to some point to the above... but you cant FORCE carebears into lower sec that way... the option would be to lure them there with better gameplay, options, opportunities and so on... those kind of enforcements are not only unfair but also annoying and the global outcome not easily predictable... and dont forget eve is a system where highsec carebears have their clear role and place... i may say the whole system depends equally on their activity to build what others are destroing... i cant imagine eve without carebears, you can?


1. Thats your interpretation, the char has a one time value, like selling you house, not renting an apartment, and it is considering EVE as a whole not as a part of type of gameplay, when you see this you will know that it is an Invalid counterpoint

2. People complained when ship speeds were nerfed, those bitter vaga pilots were not reinbursed, so you should not be either, you can still farm datacores!

3. Exactly, as Level 5 missions have. They were moved to only lowsec, some people HTFU, others changed, and as it seems you need to adapt to new gameplay.

Done reasoning with you now.
Shiken Kan
Perkone
Caldari State
#90 - 2012-05-27 15:33:55 UTC
Marcus McTavish wrote:

In eve you deserve nothing without work; this is not the exact case in real life. But certainly you get nothing for simply, not even logging into the game. Datacores at their root was a way to curb tech 2 blueprints, however they developed into a nearly completely passive income stream which attracted even more players to highsec where many became risk-adverse and are actually damaging the game in the long term by refusing to leave the safety of their nest, this attitude is demonstrated by them acting out when you take something of great value and safety to them. You take away one PVP ship, pirates will just use another; carebears will whine.


Thats a load of rubbish.
As a passive source of income r&d in fact does not make people move to hisec.
Its revenues are so low that a day in nullsec can make as much as a year of r&d.
Being passive it only requires you to clonejump to hisec to grab your cores once in a while.

Nerfing individual ships is something very different t from nerfing skillsets. When a ship gets nerfed you still retain your skills which help you fly other ships as well. When they nerfed the Myrmidon people could get into the Drake and benefit from their BC skill for instance.
Having r&d skills does not help in anything but r&d or invention, the latter requiring quite a segnificant sp investment if you only did r&d before as you need another two 5x skills at level 5.

Finally the whole game requires a considerable amount of hisec industrialists to provide the equipment for every single other player in the game.No one goes to nullsec to mine veldspar.
Bestseller
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#91 - 2012-05-27 15:40:54 UTC
I am a R&D Toon and have to buy my research equip (datacores) from FW Pilots now?

Trolls
Serina Tsukaya
Dropbears Anonymous
Brave Collective
#92 - 2012-05-30 13:20:19 UTC
So you're saying you'd actually waste time training for a combat ship on a research toon instead of using a main that should be able to do combat grind the standings for you? It would take longer, but in the end, be more time efficient for training times for your R&D toon.

That, and You can still obtain datacores the old fashioned way, just that there's less to be gained there, and the markets will fluctuate as Faction warfare becomes the main or at least a substatial source of Datacores.
ReiAnn
Nova-Tek
#93 - 2012-05-31 19:27:48 UTC  |  Edited by: ReiAnn
In reality, CCP should have just taken the R&D agents out like they had planned/hinted in the beginning, but I'm sure after researching the shear amount of work that would be necessary to refund people their skill points if they had removed them. THey decided to just neuter them into unuse. Now they don't have to refund points, becuase technically you can still use them even though its not worth the time to train the skills now.
Barbara Nichole
Cryogenic Consultancy
#94 - 2012-05-31 21:37:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Barbara Nichole
Nuthyn wrote:
I have been playing the game for nearly five years and I have planted a seed into the hearts of many new players to the game.

I help grow the game.

I am voicing my opinion, not as a rage, but merely as an observation and opinion.

I tell new players, that I persuade to join, that EVE is a sandbox.

Make your choice and the game will reward you. Some rewards are better than others. Make your choice carefully because some are risky and the consequences are more realistic. No respawn and you will lose your stuff. This isn’t WoW. This isn’t CoD. The realistic nature of this game is what makes it so great and so rewarding.

EVE has always had a neat passive side that many of our more casual players not only enjoy, it’s the reason we play in the first place. Most of us have families and job commitments and the passive nature of the game suits us. Few teens have theses adult commitments, so they can spend hours a day grinding away at their accounts. Adults live in the real world.

Training in EVE is passive and I have no complaints. Mining is a bit active, but let’s face it, pretty passive. PI is passive and can be a bit more active if you play with cycle time, but still pretty passive. Selling our stuff is fairly passive once we put our stuff up on the market or in contracts and wait for the ISK to roll in.

Training in WoW and many other MMOs is active (The Grind).

The average age of an EVE player is much older than most MMOs. We are a demographic of adults. The average age of a WoW player is way lower and these kids have the time to grind and get all their characters to high level and so on and so on.

We are EVE players and we train passively.

I don’t understand the NERF to datacores?

Is EVE a huge sandbox with almost infinite choice or does it pigeonhole you into playing the game chosen by the designers???

If you want to buff Faction Warfare….awesome. If you want to create a huge amount of buffs to this aspect of the game….cool. Give them a huge way to get datacores and let the market decide future pricing…. That feels like the EVE I know and love.

Do you have to NERF datacores for EVERYONE ELSE WHO CHOOSES DIFFERENTLY?

So much for the sandbox.
I am NOT going to quit. This is still the best game ever.

I am sorry if my language is strong.

But, the NERF to my datacore production by more than 50%?

In my opinion, that is not a NERF. It is something far too drastic to be described as such.

“Among game developers, MMORPG designers are especially likely to nerf aspects of a game in order to maintain game balance. Occasionally a new feature (such as an item, class, or skill) may be made too powerful, unfair, or too easily obtained to the extent that it unbalances the game system.”

Does the present system break the game as far as balance?

Is it too powerful?

Is it unfair that everyone in the game could run missions for not just the best corporations with the best LPs but give you a few datacores once in a while?

Where the hours and hours of grind to increase some of the more passive aspects of the game really breaking anything or was this too easy?

My answer to all of the above is no.

It’s a sandbox and I chose to play HERE.

Thank you for rewarding all of us who agree by diminishing our returns by 50% and forcing us to get involved in Faction Warfare.

I am sorry for the sarcasm, but to me, and the passive play styles of many others…..

…….our sandbox just got quite a bit smaller. Sad



I understand you don't like how datacores are acquired now. but as to why they made the change I can understand that .. they are trying to make factional warfare relevant to the rest of the game.

I have a harder time understanding changes on things were fine like the inventory system into something not so fine.. all we asked was that the stacking bug be fixed and they ruined the simple system they had had in place for years in favor of a harder to use system that takes more space and is laggy.

  - remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Nevryn Takis
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2012-06-01 18:28:44 UTC
Quote:



I understand you don't like how datacores are acquired now. but as to why they made the change I can understand that .. they are trying to make factional warfare relevant to the rest of the game.

I have a harder time understanding changes on things were fine like the inventory system into something not so fine.. all we asked was that the stacking bug be fixed and they ruined the simple system they had had in place for years in favor of a harder to use system that takes more space and is laggy.


Datacores have nothing to do with factional warfare .. Industrialists can't afford massive negative standing with 2 factions which is the only way you can now get datacores at the same level. The changes are nothing but an ill thought through nerf.
If you want to fix data core production then just make them available by running research missions, but to make this viable you have to vastly increase the number of R&D agents and their distribution .. make 5x 29 jump runs a night just to run 1 (or may be serveral) mission(s) per R&D agent a night is not my idea of fun, especially with avery limited amount of RL playing time available - neither is screwing my standings for LP to buy datacores.
Haulie Berry
#96 - 2012-06-01 19:45:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Haulie Berry
Nevryn Takis wrote:

Datacores have nothing to do with factional warfare ..


True.


Quote:
Industrialists can't afford massive negative standing with 2 factions


False. Who's going to do FW combat on their industrial character?

That aside, it is trivially easy to participate in faction war without suffering any significant standings hit.

Since the Inferno patch I have taken the following Amarr faction hits, and I have NOT been attempting to avoid them:

-.0095%
-2.6527% (this was from a promotion within Minmatar militia)
-.006%
-.0065%
-.0045%
-.0065%
-.002%
-.006%
-.006%
-.0025%

My current base (unadjusted by skills) Amarr standing is at 1.73. The only standing hit I could not have avoided is the promotion hit. It is the only promotion I have received despite having been very active in min militia since the patch.

Quote:
which is the only way you can now get datacores at the same level.

False. They can be purchased from the market, which is what any sensible/serious industrialist was doing in the first place.
EVE Roy Mustang
Doomheim
#97 - 2012-06-02 15:41:31 UTC
CCP Shockwave thought it was passive income.
He doesnt know what the term means and thats the problem.

IF it did its thing and then dropped money directly into your wallet, that would be passive income and something that needed to be fixed.
If its something you do that then nets you a product you then bring to a hub to sell to other players, then EVERYTHING WE NO he considered passive income and he needs to be fired lol

Yes, theys a bit much, but datacores are no more passive income that sayyyy..... TECH MOONS
Katja Faith
Doomheim
#98 - 2012-06-03 17:11:45 UTC
Just cashed in some RP for datacores, and it costs ISK now in addition to the RPs. Awesome. Time to get every alt into all of the militias, I guess.
Marcus McTavish
Volcel Police
#99 - 2012-06-03 23:36:25 UTC
EVE Roy Mustang wrote:
CCP Shockwave thought it was passive income.
He doesnt know what the term means and thats the problem.

IF it did its thing and then dropped money directly into your wallet, that would be passive income and something that needed to be fixed.
If its something you do that then nets you a product you then bring to a hub to sell to other players, then EVERYTHING WE NO he considered passive income and he needs to be fired lol

Yes, theys a bit much, but datacores are no more passive income that sayyyy..... TECH MOONS


Person does not agree with you, you force your opinion on them, still not agreeing? Insult them!

People consider it passive because all you have to do is click and fly over. You dont trade them, you are not taking a risk, your datacores cant be taken from you in station, nor can anyone really stop you.

Tech is on an alliance level, and shockingly those moons are not free, CTAs to keep them alongside fuel.

Stop being so ignorant and acting like some 8 year old who just have their toy taken from them.
EVE Roy Mustang
Doomheim
#100 - 2012-06-04 05:09:19 UTC  |  Edited by: EVE Roy Mustang
Marcus McTavish wrote:


Stop being so ignorant and acting like some 8 year old who just have their toy taken from them.



do as I pretend to do not as I say. Got it

and if all the rest is passive so is tech... unless you DO go down onto the moon and mine personally. Cause that means PI in lowsec or 0.0 isnt passive but somehow becomes passive on highsec.

so...


"Stop being so ignorant and acting like some 8 year old whose toy" may be "taken from them."