These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mass-test feedback - May 10

First post
Author
UltraNoobian
WolfPack.
#61 - 2012-05-10 22:05:38 UTC
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz
GPU: GeForce GTX295 1792MB
RAM: 8GB
How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): ~5-8 on POS, ~15 at Planet fight.
Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): ~15
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? 3
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes, full client freeze at POS bash and CPU hang at planet fight
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Generally favorable, however the only real problem was client performance relating to stability and efficiency. Otherwise all modules and ship controls worked.
XLoneStarX
XLostCauseX
Now You're Gone
#62 - 2012-05-10 22:30:46 UTC  |  Edited by: XLoneStarX
Machine Info and Settings

OS version: win 7 64 bit
CPU: 2.64 I5
GPU:5850 saphire
RAM: 4 gb patriot
How many clients were you running at the same time? 2

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets):5-0
Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets):0-5
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? 3
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? 2 times
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: was great save for when every one starts firing my memeory usage keeps climbing higher and higher till i have to close one of my clients

Alt rvil fusk
Javelin6
#63 - 2012-05-10 22:36:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Javelin6

• OS version: WIN7
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 980
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX560Ti (x2 SLI)
  • RAM: 12GB
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High ( all settings Max )

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): 40- 60
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): 15-30
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? 3
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: With brackets on FPS dropped to between 4-9 FPS.
Sebastion Heorod
Hellion Support Services
#64 - 2012-05-10 22:51:18 UTC
windows xp
Intel Core 2 T7600 2.33
Nvivdia GeForce Go 7950 GTX
2gb ram
1 client
all set low

Zoomed out 25fps
Zoomed in10fps
rating a 5
had no crashes or other issues
Grouchy Smurf
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2012-05-10 22:56:05 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 Professional
CPU: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad 2.50GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4800
RAM: 4.0 GB
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Medium / No effects / No AA

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): 10
Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): 1
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 2
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Game crashed when I got podded during the planet battle. The whole experience was terrible however, see bellow.
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:
During the POS battle, the POS itself never loaded. FPS dropped to 1 (no brackets, zoomed out) and overview was resetting every half minute. In EvE Developer terms, the ball was not in park for periods from 20 to 300 seconds. At other times, I had perfect control of my client (module activation, error messages, market manipulation) but the remaining grid refused to load.
During the planet fight, as the enemy fleet warped into us, I was unable to lock anything for 20 seconds, which I suspect was Dev shenanigans. After that I lost my ship the FPS raised back to 10. I then for podded and the client crushed.

I am aware that I have a bellow optimal PC, but I was expecting a better outcome form TiDi.
Missile War
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#66 - 2012-05-10 23:43:31 UTC

OS version: W7 Home Premium
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family(or if my laptop is just displaying the wrong one(which i hope), it might as well be GEFORCE Nvidea GT555M 2GB
RAM: 8,00 GB
How many clients were you running at the same time? 2

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): POS: 2 with ALOT of freezing PVP 15-20+
Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): POS: Didn't even want to zoom in, PVP(with brackets): 10-20+
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 2
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? nope
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: POS was extremely laggy and was more freezed than playing and my laptop was about to melt i think...it might just go kill me in my sleep for putting it through that ****. PVP was fine tho, and went perfect without any freezes or any annoying lags.
Thomas Gallant
Quafe Company Courier Shipping
#67 - 2012-05-11 00:01:57 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 Professional
CPU: i7 920
GPU: GTX 580
RAM: 24 GB 1600 mhz tri-channel
How many clients were you running at the same time? : 1
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High to start out with, then changed to very low after FPS dipped to around 5

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): about 60 (vsync)at near min settings ( kept the missile/turret launcher settings on however
Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): same
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) Haven't been in any mass battles on TQ so can't really comment
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? yes, once when I changed my graphics settings to lower them greatly
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Maybe add a warning that changing graphics settings while in the mist of a big battle is not a good idea, after the change my FPS dropped even lower til I re-started.
lerroy Deburd
TEC-NOLOGY
H A R D L I N E R S
#68 - 2012-05-11 00:26:49 UTC  |  Edited by: lerroy Deburd

OS version: Windows 7
CPU: Phenom x6
GPU: GTX 560
RAM:4GB
How many clients were you running at the same time?: 1

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): 30
Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): 20
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 1
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? : yes five times
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Yes lost my BS five skill from the mass test i dont know why but i petitioned it And i wasn't podded with a over skilled Clone , But overall it was realy laggy.
Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#69 - 2012-05-11 02:43:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Aralieus

OS version: Win7
CPU: i5-2410M @2.30 GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460m
RAM: 8192 MBytes
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): 20 FPS
Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): 5-10
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes, just one DC
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Its was very laggy , had bracks off, zoomed out and still very twitchy

Oderint Dum Metuant

Jauheliha
Soviet Finland
#70 - 2012-05-11 04:12:35 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi! If you participated in the mass-test on the 10th of May, please reply in this thread to give your feedback, based on following template:

• OS version: Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 2.6GHz
  • GPU: Geforce GT 520
  • RAM: 8G
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 2
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Medium

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): 5-8
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): 4-7
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 6
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: The overview got really slow. I was not able to target the POS.

Mama Heba
Soviet Finland
#71 - 2012-05-11 04:34:07 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi! If you participated in the mass-test on the 10th of May, please reply in this thread to give your feedback, based on following template:

• OS version: Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 2.6GHz
  • GPU: Geforce GT 520
  • RAM: 8G
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 2
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): 9
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): 8
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 6
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Lost 3 drakes, still had fun.

Mayda Junichiro
Vascerum Maximus Inc.
#72 - 2012-05-11 09:03:43 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
CPU: Intel i7 920 ( 2.67Ghz )
GPU: Radeon HD7870 2GB OC'ed
RAM: 18 GB 1600Mhz
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): 20'ish fps*
Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): around 10 fps*
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) - 3
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Not during the mass-test
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: *Got a graphics bug after being moved to FD-MLJ, which may or may not have influenced the fps. Bug report has been filed along with screencaps. Had to relog to fix the issue, but didn't rejoin the test afterwards. Before relogging I managed to get my ship blown up and pod-killed while we were shooting the pos on planet 9.... kinda diminished my enthusiasm towards testing when you get blown up trying to do it...
Beautiful Frelcia
Whale Girth
#73 - 2012-05-11 09:10:09 UTC

• OS version: Windows 7
  • CPU: AMD Phenom II x 4 (3.4)
  • GPU: ATI 5870
  • RAM: 4GB
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High on POS bash - on change to low clinet crashed.

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): 10
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): 1
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? 1
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? yes
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: people were reporting TiDi. I could not see icon on my screen until end of planet fight.

• When changing details from Max to low client crashed. 3 Times.

Elias Genvalo
Sleeping Heroes
#74 - 2012-05-11 09:28:56 UTC
Info and Settings

• OS version: Win 7 HP 64
  • CPU: Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia 580 GTX
  • RAM: 16GB
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? One
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): POS 5FPM, PVP 1-5FPS
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets): POS 5FPM, PVP 1-5FPS
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 2
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? During POS shootout client became unresponsive and frames could be counted per minute instead of seconds. Several times Windows thought exe had stopped working but could still hear voip and the client was apparently still in sync, whenever received a new frame I could see modules were cycling normally and reloading normally. Once client seemed to recover a bit (back to frames per second), some ship models were missing. Models began appearing after shooting stopped and client seemed to recover back to normal.
  • Logserver crashed sometime during pvp fight. EVEmail me for the logs (41MB zipped).
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Performance in POS shootout was unplayable. During PVP engagement sometimes shortcuts to modules lagged bad enough that instead of turning alt F1 on it turned active F1 off.

Cristalen
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2012-05-11 21:56:53 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 x64
CPU: Intel i3 550, 3.2ghz
GPU: Geforce GTX460
RAM: 6gb
How many clients were you running at the same time? 3
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): 1 high 2 low.

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the planets in FD-MLJ, zoomed out (no brackets): High client was 1.2 fps/ low clients were 2-3fps.
Average FPS - Zoomed in (no brackets):High clinet crashed twice, was unable to load. Low clients got about 0.3 to 1.1 fps
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 1, on all accounts it was way worse than TQ
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? 3, 2 on my client running high settings and 1 on one of my low end clients. while shooting the POS.
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: ran in to some issues, with the fleet setup there's always issues with people not knowing what fleet their in but I know you can name the fleet/wings and squads, so I think it would be a good idea to start that that way people know which one they are in. or at least link the fleet commanders to the corresponding fleet names so people know that way.