These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want my SP refunded

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#161 - 2012-05-08 01:01:21 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Yes, to you.
…and to everyone else, since the mechanics affect everyone equally.

Quote:
If you want to help then tell the OP how she can use the skills she trained to make ISKs.
The problem with that is that he seems quite disinclined to describe why he needs them to begin with and how anything has changed with this non-change…

Also, yoink.
Whitehound
#162 - 2012-05-08 01:01:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
Shian Yang wrote:

Greetings capsuleer,

The same way as before; using Contracts. The market is only an additional option.

Regards,

Shian Yang

No. The contract market is breaking away. Shiny mods are now traded over the normal market.

If I am not mistaken then CCP did this on purpose, because the contract market was somehow wrong. CCP has forgotten about the players who helped themselves by training corporation contracts to solve the issue and now with the change got help, but also have spend time in skills they now no longer need. Some might now need to train extra trading skills on top.

A very easy to understand argumentation. You have to be really really stupid to not see this. Or a douche.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#163 - 2012-05-08 01:06:17 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Shian Yang wrote:

Greetings capsuleer,

The same way as before; using Contracts. The market is only an additional option.

Regards,

Shian Yang

No. The contract market is breaking away. Shiny mods are now traded over the normal market.

If I am not mistaken then CCP did this on purpose, because the contract market was somehow wrong. CCP has forgotten about the players who helped themselves and trained corporation contracts to solve the issue and now with the change got help, but also have spend time in skills they now no longer need.

A very easy to understand argumentation. You have to be really really stupid to not see this. Or a douche.

Your arguement is invalid.....
This is just like saying: "I spent time training up Carriers, but now they nerfed/changed them, so I want my SP back" Its the same exact arguement just a different skill. Tip's point is perfectly valid, your apperently to ignorant to see the comparision.
Nemesis Factor
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#164 - 2012-05-08 01:11:34 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Shian Yang wrote:

Greetings capsuleer,

Regards,

Shian Yang

If I am not mistaken then CCP did this on purpose, because the contract market was somehow wrong. CCP has forgotten about the players who helped themselves by training corporation contracts to solve the issue and now with the change got help, but also have spend time in skills they now no longer need. Some might now need to train extra trading skills on top.

So you think we should be refunded on skills we don't need anymore?
Whitehound
#165 - 2012-05-08 01:12:55 UTC
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
This is just like saying: "I spent time training up Carriers, but now they nerfed/changed them, so I want my SP back" Its the same exact arguement just a different skill. Tip's point is perfectly valid, your apperently to ignorant to see the comparision.

No, the argument is valid. Players have trained these skills and CCP in some way admitted that the contract market is broken. So why do they only fix the market but do not turn the contract skills of these players into more trading skills? Some will need to train more skills to set up enough orders now.

When CCP dropped learning skills did they not only drop them, but they increased the attributes. Nothing changed there. Why did it need SPs? It did not. We could have moved on without them. I simply had more SPs after the removal and to stick into somewhere else while I kept my training speed. I had no loss but got a bonus!

So whatever reason you have is irrelevant. The claim is valid and good.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#166 - 2012-05-08 01:14:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Whitehound wrote:
…which doesn't preclude the OP from using contracts to make money.

Quote:
If I am not mistaken then CCP did this on purpose, because the contract market was somehow wrong.
You are indeed mistaken. CCP did this on purpose, because they wanted to be able to track the prices of higher-meta modules with their standard market-data collection tools and feed that data into the new wardec, killmail, and inventory UIs. As an added bonus, it also made the market more consistent (since faction ships and ammo already existed on the market) and logical, and it also made trading with these items more efficient.

The contract market, on the other hand, remains exactly the same as before.
Quote:
No, the argument is valid. Players have trained these skills and CCP in some way admitted that the contract market is broken
No they didn't — thus invalid.

Quote:
When CCP dropped learning skills did they not only drop them, but they increased the attributes. Nothing changed there. Why did it need SPs?
Because the skills represented time spent on a game mechaning that no longer existed in the game. “Ceasing to exist” is a pretty significant change.
Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#167 - 2012-05-08 01:14:34 UTC
I want my virginity back. My first time was underwhelming and over rather fast. Now that I am older, I can make it so worth giving away now!
"If."
NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#168 - 2012-05-08 01:14:57 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
Yes, to you.
…and to everyone else, since the mechanics affect everyone equally.

Quote:
If you want to help then tell the OP how she can use the skills she trained to make ISKs.
The problem with that is that he seems quite disinclined to describe why he needs them to begin with and how anything has changed with this non-change…

Also, yoink.

"The problem with that is that he seems quite disinclined to describe why he needs them to begin with and how anything has changed with this non-change…"

This would make the whole problem 5000 times easier to solve. The fact that the OP refuses to state what she is specificly is doing:
1: in order to make ISK
2: how this "change' will affect her ISK flow using said skills

Stats help too
The fact that there is absolutely NO MENTION of what they are doing and how they are using the skill just shows everyone else around them that they are a moron.

NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#169 - 2012-05-08 01:20:28 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
NosceTeIpsum wrote:

No, the argument is valid. Players have trained these skills and CCP in some way admitted that the contract market is broken. So why do they only fix the market but do not turn the contract skills of these players into more trading skills? Some will need to train more skills to set up enough orders now.

When CCP dropped learning skills did they not only drop them, but they increased the attributes. Nothing changed there. Why did it need SPs? It did not. We could have moved on without them. I simply had more SPs after the removal and to stick into somewhere else while I kept my training speed. I had no loss but got a bonus!

So whatever reason you have is irrelevant. The claim is valid and good.

Now your jumping down their throats assuming that the contract system is going to remain the same indefinately. THAT is my point right there. You are jumping to a conclusion that isn't a conclusion. You don't freaking know. For all we know its in the works. There is NO REASON currently that CCP should hand out free SP to everyone. IF you have proof that the Contracts are remaining the same then post it other, I again say, your arguement is invalid. Do your damn homework ffs....
Shian Yang
#170 - 2012-05-08 01:33:06 UTC
Whitehound wrote:

Greetings capsuleer Whitehound,

Can you still trade those modules through a Contract?

Regards,

Shian Yang
Whitehound
#171 - 2012-05-08 01:36:10 UTC
Nemesis Factor wrote:
So you think we should be refunded on skills we don't need anymore?

No, this is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that if a game change makes part of your skill training obsolete then it can be discussed to reimburse them. If it is technically doable, if the effort to organize a reimbursement is worth it, is a different matter. In this case did CCP more or less admit that there is something wrong with contracts and their reason to put them into the normal market.

I believe they should have given all players, who trained skills to set up many contracts, the option to turn these skills into market orders. When CCP moves these items to the normal market then they should have move the traders, too, or at least offered them the option to move with it.

Imagine what would happen if CCP decided to switch the weapon bonuses of Amarr and Gallente ships around, but left your gunnery skills untouched? You would have to fly Amarr ships with hyrbid weapons and gallente ships with lasers. You could still use your weapons, right? But it would suck for those players who did not train both weapon types. According to Tippia would this be completely acceptable and she would find reasons why the ships are in fact better with the change.

Whitehound
#172 - 2012-05-08 01:42:41 UTC
Shian Yang wrote:

Regards,

Shian Yang

No. Who is still looking at contracts?

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#173 - 2012-05-08 01:44:58 UTC
OP will have to find some new way to scam.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Shian Yang
#174 - 2012-05-08 01:45:03 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Shian Yang wrote:

Regards,

Shian Yang

No. Who is still looking at contracts?

That is a blatant lie.

You can still trade these items through Contracts.

Even in The Forge region they are traded through Contract. At least hey were approximately 16 hours ago when one of my co-pilots bid on a few of those contracts, set up a few for purchasing and offered a number for sale.

Regards,

Shian Yang
Whitehound
#175 - 2012-05-08 01:45:30 UTC
Tippia wrote:
You are indeed mistaken. CCP did this on purpose, because they wanted to be able to track the prices of higher-meta modules with their standard market-data collection tools and feed that data into the new wardec, killmail, and inventory UIs. As an added bonus, it also made the market more consistent (since faction ships and ammo already existed on the market) and logical, and it also made trading with these items more efficient.

Ah, so CCP forgot about the players who trade with these items per contract. I see.

Whitehound
#176 - 2012-05-08 01:47:06 UTC
Shian Yang wrote:
That is a blatant lie.

You can still trade these items through Contracts.

Even in The Forge region they are traded through Contract. At least hey were approximately 16 hours ago when one of my co-pilots bid on a few of those contracts, set up a few for purchasing and offered a number for sale.

Regards,

Shian Yang

Nobody does. The market is breaking away and everyone is going to the much more convenient market orders. Contracts are also know for scams and kept people away.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#177 - 2012-05-08 01:47:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Whitehound wrote:
No, this is not what I am saying.
…but that is what the OP is saying.

Quote:
What I am saying is that if a game change makes part of your skill training obsolete then it can be discussed to reimburse them.
…and when that happens, maybe they will. What the OP is describing isn't it, though — his skill training isn't obsolete; he just don't want to use it any more. A far better candidate would the the upcoming simplifications of the T2 ship prerequisite tree, but even then, chances are that no-one will get any SP back, because it's still a matter of people choosing not to make use of the skills they've trained than the skills actually being obsolete.

Quote:
Imagine what would happen if CCP decided to switch the weapon bonuses of Amarr and Gallente ships around, but left your gunnery skills untouched? You would have to fly Amarr ships with hyrbid weapons and gallente ships with lasers. You could still use your weapons, right? But it would suck for those players who did not train both weapon types. According to Tippia would this be completely acceptable and she would find reasons why the ships are in fact better with the change.
That would all depend on what reasons they gave for the change (and for not doing a skill swap at the same time). What you're describing isn't nearly equivalent to what's happening here, though. You're describing an actual, very large and sweeping mechanics change — not a player choosing not to use his skills any more.

Whitehound wrote:
Ah, so CCP forgot about the players who trade with these items per contract. I see.
No. Those players can now trade with these items on the market as well as on contracts. As an added bonus, they can now have more open trades going on than before.
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#178 - 2012-05-08 01:48:50 UTC
Did CCP remove contracts from the game? No! Did CCP prevent those modules from being sold on contract? No!.

Argument therefore invalid.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#179 - 2012-05-08 01:49:32 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
OP will have to find some new way to scam.

OP will have to find a new way to scam, and will have to find something else to whine about getting her SP back for.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Whitehound
#180 - 2012-05-08 01:51:40 UTC
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
Now your jumping down their throats assuming that the contract system is going to remain the same indefinately. THAT is my point right there. You are jumping to a conclusion that isn't a conclusion. You don't freaking know. For all we know its in the works. There is NO REASON currently that CCP should hand out free SP to everyone. IF you have proof that the Contracts are remaining the same then post it other, I again say, your arguement is invalid. Do your damn homework ffs....

So what can you offer other than a vague future and a tear on homework?