These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want my SP refunded

First post
Author
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#121 - 2012-05-07 23:57:43 UTC
Quote:
I am a customer, customer is always right. Why? Because without customers there is no business.

Urban myths are cute. Blink

Retaining bad customers that demand impractical changes and special treatment is, generally speaking, bad for business.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#122 - 2012-05-07 23:58:22 UTC
Klown Walk wrote:
I want my missile sp back because I never use them.

That would be up to CCP. but why shouldn't they really? You probably had no idea what they were about when you started the game. why are people being penalized for CCP not explaining the game and for changing the game as they go along?
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#123 - 2012-05-07 23:59:04 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Quote:
I am a customer, customer is always right. Why? Because without customers there is no business.

Urban myths are cute. Blink

Retaining bad customers that demand impractical changes and special treatment is, generally speaking, bad for business.

I am guessing you are hinting at the 80/20 rule here? I would say my issue is easily resolved.
Whitehound
#124 - 2012-05-07 23:59:05 UTC
Klown Walk wrote:

Whose fault is it?

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Sid Hudgens
Doomheim
#125 - 2012-05-07 23:59:36 UTC
Yes. I want what the OP wants.

Also I want refunds for scrapmetal processing 4 and all of it's pre-reqs.

And I want to be refunded all game time I spent grinding up standings for research agents.

And all game time that I spent daydreaming about shooting frigates in my titan that I was gonna train for.

And of course a pony.

If all of these demands are not met I am quitting EVE and donating all of my isk and items to the mittani legal defense fund.

"....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced."

Shian Yang
#126 - 2012-05-08 00:00:21 UTC
Gay Mafia Princess wrote:
1) You are being ignorant of my feelings
2) You don't dictate CCP policies
3) They changed the game so much I don't want to do anything with contracts anymore thus why I want my SP back

Greetings capsuleer,

If you want input from CCP I would suggest you send them a direct petition. It would certainly mean we won't have to see the anguished weeping you are spilling over the forums over what is, fundamentally, a non-issue and you will get an official answer.

Regards,

Shian Yang
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#127 - 2012-05-08 00:00:43 UTC

Well said mate. But I think everyone here can agree that one of our main reasons for staying here is the complete lack of "grinding". And no I don't mean money or anything else like that, just skills wise. Being able to PLAY the game is quite comforting to say the least. And I think alot of people would agree with that observation.

Grinding is a state of mind. I may not have to keep killing boars to get SP but I can assure you I will be bored waiting for the SP to train.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#128 - 2012-05-08 00:01:36 UTC
yo sup OP you should stop by the TOS sometime

Quote:
CCP MAY FIND IT NECESSARY ON OCCASION TO MAKE CHANGES TO OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF THE PERSISTENT GAME WORLD MECHANICS, INTERFACE OR FEATURES OF EVE ONLINE IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN GAME BALANCE AND ENHANCE PLAYABILITY OR PERFORMANCE FOR ITS SUBSCRIBERS. THESE CHANGES MAY AFFECT OR CAUSE SETBACKS FOR THE CHARACTERS YOU’VE CREATED.

hope this has enlightened you some well bye

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#129 - 2012-05-08 00:01:52 UTC
Sid Hudgens wrote:
Yes. I want what the OP wants.

Also I want refunds for scrapmetal processing 4 and all of it's pre-reqs.

And I want to be refunded all game time I spent grinding up standings for research agents.

And all game time that I spent daydreaming about shooting frigates in my titan that I was gonna train for.

And of course a pony.

If all of these demands are not met I am quitting EVE and donating all of my isk and items to the mittani legal defense fund.

I don't know if you are being serious or not but if you are please don't quit and stay and help in the fight.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#130 - 2012-05-08 00:02:14 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Yeah, see… there's a difference between “no longer need” and “can no longer use”.

But for whom? For you, just not for her. Again you argue completely selfish. No one cares about you, Tippia.

You know, you often make fairly good posts... but in any thread where Tippia makes a post you kinda go overboard trying to out rebuttal him/her, and often take stances that seem to be out of character compared to your posts in other threads.

Not an attack, just an observation.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#131 - 2012-05-08 00:03:39 UTC

Well said mate. But I think everyone here can agree that one of our main reasons for staying here is the complete lack of "grinding". And no I don't mean money or anything else like that, just skills wise. Being able to PLAY the game is quite comforting to say the least. And I think alot of people would agree with that observation.

Grinding is a state of mind. I may not have to keep killing boars to get SP but I can assure you I will be bored waiting for the SP to train.

Then watch movie, go out with friends or play a different game, it works for the thousands of other players that play this game.
Derp
Xavier Bandar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#132 - 2012-05-08 00:04:03 UTC
I am a customer, customer is always right.

The customer is definitely not always right (the person who invented that saying should be shot in the face) and I'm pretty sure more than one waiter has put his **** in your drink because he agrees with that sentiment.
Shian Yang
#133 - 2012-05-08 00:04:26 UTC
I don't know if you are being serious or not but if you are please don't quit and stay and help in the fight.

Greetings capsuleer,

Was the pony not enough of a hint?

Regards,

Shian Yang
NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#134 - 2012-05-08 00:05:13 UTC
Andski wrote:

Quote:
CCP MAY FIND IT NECESSARY ON OCCASION TO MAKE CHANGES TO OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF THE PERSISTENT GAME WORLD MECHANICS, INTERFACE OR FEATURES OF EVE ONLINE IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN GAME BALANCE AND ENHANCE PLAYABILITY OR PERFORMANCE FOR ITS SUBSCRIBERS. THESE CHANGES MAY AFFECT OR CAUSE SETBACKS FOR THE CHARACTERS YOU’VE CREATED.

Omfg its in the fine writing....... what a cowinkidink O.o
Again... derp
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#135 - 2012-05-08 00:05:38 UTC
Shian Yang wrote:

Greetings capsuleer,

Was the pony not enough of a hint?

Regards,

Shian Yang

Could have been a wry sense of humour. *shrug*
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#136 - 2012-05-08 00:06:28 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
People love getting SPs for when they put a lot of time into skills and these skills suddenly become useless to them.
…and again, there is a difference between actually useless and choosing not to use a skill. The learning skills were a case of the former, the OP's complaint is a case of the latter.

Quote:
Imagine training for Gallente ships and CCP decided to never fix Gallente. You sure would hate every skill point you ever put into it and eventually demand them back.
Nope. I chose to train them. I accept that choice, and as long as I can fly the ships, I got what I trained for. It's also a pretty bad example since it has nothing to do with the OP's whining.

Quote:
It is a completely valid claim the OP makes.
No it isn't. He wants SP remaps — he wants to be absolved from any responsibility for his own decision and choices. Now that he has decided that he no longer wants to use this category of skills, he wants the SP back, not because the skills aren't working, but because he wants to do something else. Well, guess what: he can already do something else, and the skills can still do what they always did. There is no reason for CCP to give him more time than he has paid for.

I am a customer, customer is always right.
No. No, they're not. They're actually quite frequently very very wrong. Like you, who want to others to fix a problem that you have created for yourself. It's a bit like if you threw your dog down the garbage chute and then blamed the kennel (because they sold you the dog) — you were their customer and you are quite wrong in your complaint. The problem is one you cause and one you can solve by simply going down to the garbage room and retrieve your poor dog.

Whitehound wrote:
But for whom?
For everyone, since the mechanics are applied equally to everyone.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#137 - 2012-05-08 00:06:41 UTC
Andski wrote:

Quote:

You beat me to it. Sad

But thank you for effectively ending this train wreck of a thread. Smile

Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#138 - 2012-05-08 00:06:42 UTC
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
Andski wrote:

Quote:

Omfg its in the fine writing....... what a cowinkidink O.o
Again... derp

This has all the signs of an unhealthy codependent relationship. OMG maybe we should try to right this wrong.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#139 - 2012-05-08 00:07:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Whitehound wrote:
Klown Walk wrote:
Whose fault is it?
Klown's, obviously, much like the OP's decision not to use the skills he trained for is the OP's fault.

Ranger 1 wrote:
You know, you often make fairly good posts... but in any thread where Tippia makes a post you kinda go overboard trying to out rebuttal him/her, and often take stances that seem to be out of character compared to your posts in other threads.

Not an attack, just an observation.
It's because he doesn't like how I define passive tanking.
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#140 - 2012-05-08 00:10:14 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
Klown Walk wrote:
Whose fault is it?
Klown's, obviously, much like the OP's decision not to use the skills he trained for is the OP's fault.

You miss the point entirely.