These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want my SP refunded

First post
Author
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#101 - 2012-05-07 23:40:20 UTC
Gay Mafia Princess wrote:
I am not / was not running contract scams.

Even if I was it makes no difference.

Then explain to us how the new system makes things difficult for you.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Whitehound
#102 - 2012-05-07 23:42:25 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:

Who says it does?

She invested time into skills which she no longer needs.

It is time for you to get your stick out of your arse.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#103 - 2012-05-07 23:42:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Gay Mafia Princess
Tippia wrote:
So to sum up what you are saying:

1) My feelings as a customer don't matter
2) CCP says so
No. What I'm saying is that

1) Nothing changed about contracts.
2) Therefore there is no reason to give you back your SP in contracting.

also

3) Maybe you should have a look at what you can do with said contracts so you don't feel like you've wasted the SP.

Whitehound wrote:
No, it is not wrong. It is just one of many reasons. Also a lot did hate it. You must have missed quite a few threads if you think everyone loved it.
Some people didn't like the removal of learning skills; I can't remember ever seeing anyone complaining about the SP reimbursement.

1) You are being ignorant of my feelings
2) You don't dictate CCP policies
3) They changed the game so much I don't want to do anything with contracts anymore thus why I want my SP back
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#104 - 2012-05-07 23:43:34 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:

Not difficult, I could do it. I don't want to. CCP changed things so much that I just don't want to be bothered with it anymore.
NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#105 - 2012-05-07 23:43:36 UTC
So you don't scam..... you just.... trained a random skill?????? And are now complaining about the amount of time you "lost" doing this.......................
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#106 - 2012-05-07 23:45:10 UTC
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
So you don't scam..... you just.... trained a random skill?????? And are now complaining about the amount of time you "lost" doing this.......................

I made a set of toons with very specific skills, very tightly trained to play the game in a certain way. CCP changed the rules to the game mid way through. I don't want to play that aspect of t the game anymore.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#107 - 2012-05-07 23:46:50 UTC
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
This... is wrong....
We got SP because they said we were when they dropped the skills. No one "hated" the change mate, infact it was one of the nicest things CCP has done for the players in a long time, IE: Make skilling less time consuming. I have yet to meet someone that actually wants their learning skills back >.>

No, it is not wrong. It is just one of many reasons. Also a lot did hate it. You must have missed quite a few threads if you think everyone loved it.

Sorry I tend to avoid whine threads.... I can't see why someone would want to spend even more time then they already are spending on skilling. Kinda baffles me...
And yes I tend to avoid forums but... 3 years of playing... its something different lol

Well, there was a certain level of strategy in developing your skill plan that was lost when learning skills were removed. Not everyone was pleased with simplifying things in that regard.

That being said, once the decision was made to remove the mechanic... and admittedly it was a very popular decision.... then reimbursing people for the time invested via skill points was appropriate.

Now if the option to train learning skills had remained, but another new means of accelerating skill point accrual was introduced (say for example a boost for performing (grinding) certain tasks in game) along side the old system then no Skill Point reimbursement would have been necessary or appropriate. You could take advantage of either, or both, at your discretion.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Sentinel Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#108 - 2012-05-07 23:47:12 UTC
They changed loot drops and drone goo.
I demand a refund on all of my SP for Combat ships, and related skills. Also transport, and salvage skills. And refining skills.

Also they removed the Cop look from my Comet, I demand to be refunded for my purchase, it's not the ship I had wanted.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to empty my tear bucket..
Shaampoo
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#109 - 2012-05-07 23:48:02 UTC
Since CCP now allows faction items on the market I want all the sp I have invested on all my toons to get corporate contracting to V refunded, absolute waste of time.
They didn't remove contracts from the game they added functionality to the game. I think you still can make contracts just not faction mods at a silly mark-up
Sobach
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#110 - 2012-05-07 23:48:28 UTC
NosceTeIpsum wrote:

I made a set of toons with very specific skills, very tightly trained to play the game in a certain way. CCP changed the rules to the game mid way through. I don't want to play that aspect of t the game anymore.

So your stance is that every time CCP rebalances/changes mechanics, they should refund everyone who's had any relevant skills trained?

really?

wow geez, I wonder what's gonna happen when CCP start implementing their shipline revamp, where they change EVERY SINGLE FKING SHIP IN THE GAME.

Please quit the game and let the door bash your face in multiple times on your way out.
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#111 - 2012-05-07 23:49:43 UTC
Shaampoo wrote:
Since CCP now allows faction items on the market I want all the sp I have invested on all my toons to get corporate contracting to V refunded, absolute waste of time.
They didn't remove contracts from the game they added functionality to the game. I think you still can make contracts just not faction mods at a silly mark-up

Point is they changed the game and the reason for what I was doing. I am not asking for anything earth shattering. I just want the SP that i invested in being able to play the game the way I wanted to play it, back, that is all.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#112 - 2012-05-07 23:51:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Whitehound wrote:
Yeah, see… there's a difference between “no longer need” and “can no longer use”. The former depends on player choice; the latter does not. The former will therefore not yield any kind of refund (because it's not their job to fix your choices), whereas the latter will (because it is their job to fix things they've decided).

3) They changed the game so much I don't want to do anything with contracts anymore thus why I want my SP back
Your feelings are quite irrelevant to the policy of reimbursement, yes. I don't dictate any policies — I just explain them to you.

…and you see that word in your last point? “Want”? That's why the problem doesn't actually exist: it's an issue that you have chosen to create for yourself (now that's a sandbox for you! Lol). CCP cannot fix your choices, nor should they. Your SP are not wasted — they do exactly the same thing as before — you just choose not to use them. At any point, you can choose to use them again. Nothing is lost; nothing is removed; no reason for a refund exists.

Quote:
I am not asking for anything earth shattering.
Actually, you are. Go look in the F&I and skill forums for all the threads about SP remapping.
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#113 - 2012-05-07 23:51:55 UTC
Sobach wrote:
NosceTeIpsum wrote:

So your stance is that every time CCP rebalances/changes mechanics, they should refund everyone who's had any relevant skills trained?

really?

wow geez, I wonder what's gonna happen when CCP start implementing their shipline revamp, where they change EVERY SINGLE FKING SHIP IN THE GAME.

Please quit the game and let the door bash your face in multiple times on your way out.

I think everyone should have it refunded, yes. There is a marked difference between re-balancing a frigate class of ships versus a Titan. Clearly the time involved to get to a Titan is much greater and the SP not always transferable (i.e jump portal/doomsday weapons) Corporate Contracting is the same idea.
NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#114 - 2012-05-07 23:52:38 UTC
NosceTeIpsum wrote:

So do what everyone else does and find a new freakin different way. YOU chose to do that, knowing the risks, like EVERYONE ELSE that reads up on aspects of money making in EVE. Its not the company's fault if they are attempting to make the game a certain way. A good portion of time is spent reviewing and analyzing players feedback, suggestions and concerns.

My recommendation: Don't pick one thing...... its an ever changing game... if you have been here for that long you already know this.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#115 - 2012-05-07 23:52:42 UTC
Shaampoo wrote:

Point is they changed the game and the reason for what I was doing. I am not asking for anything earth shattering. I just want the SP that i invested in being able to play the game the way I wanted to play it, back, that is all.

You've had it explained why doing this in a case by case basis for each one of the multitude of changes CCP makes with every expansion is impractical... and frankly silly.

If you can't understand that, you'll just have to learn to live with disappointment.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Whitehound
#116 - 2012-05-07 23:53:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
Some people didn't like the removal of learning skills; I can't remember ever seeing anyone complaining about the SP reimbursement.

People love getting SPs for when they put a lot of time into skills and these skills suddenly become useless to them.

Imagine training for Gallente ships and CCP decided to never fix Gallente. You sure would hate every skill point you ever put into it and eventually demand them back.

It is a completely valid claim the OP makes.

You just need to realized that your ignorance and arrogance is entirely selfish and that you do not post to help, but to establish a dominant position over other players in which you try to use the same attitude and to fix your lack of self-esteem. Try reaching out instead now and then - if you dare.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#117 - 2012-05-07 23:54:15 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
Yeah, see… there's a difference between “no longer need” and “can no longer use”. The former depends on player choice; the latter does not. The former will therefore not yield any kind of refund (because it's not their job to fix your choices), whereas the latter will (because it is their job to fix things they've decided).

Your feelings are quite irrelevant to the policy of reimbursement, yes. I don't dictate any policies — I just explain them to you.

…and you see that word in your last point? “Want”? That's why the problem doesn't actually exist: it's an issue that you have chosen to create for yourself (now that's a sandbox for you! Lol). CCP cannot fix your choices, nor should they. Your SP are not wasted — they do exactly the same thing as before — you just choose not to use them. At any point, you can choose to use them again. Nothing is lost; nothing is removed; no reason for a refund exists.

Quote:
I am not asking for anything earth shattering.
Actually, you are. Go look in the F&I and skill forums for all the threads about SP remapping.

I really think you are grasping for straws and maybe just maybe you should admit that you have no point.

I am a customer, customer is always right. Why? Because without customers there is no business.
Klown Walk
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#118 - 2012-05-07 23:55:18 UTC
I want my missile sp back because I never use them.
NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#119 - 2012-05-07 23:57:01 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
This... is wrong....
We got SP because they said we were when they dropped the skills. No one "hated" the change mate, infact it was one of the nicest things CCP has done for the players in a long time, IE: Make skilling less time consuming. I have yet to meet someone that actually wants their learning skills back >.>

Sorry I tend to avoid whine threads.... I can't see why someone would want to spend even more time then they already are spending on skilling. Kinda baffles me...
And yes I tend to avoid forums but... 3 years of playing... its something different lol

Well, there was a certain level of strategy in developing your skill plan that was lost when learning skills were removed. Not everyone was pleased with simplifying things in that regard.

That being said, once the decision was made to remove the mechanic... and admittedly it was a very popular decision.... then reimbursing people for the time invested via skill points was appropriate.

Now if the option to train learning skills had remained, but another new means of accelerating skill point accrual was introduced (say for example a boost for performing (grinding) certain tasks in game) along side the old system then no Skill Point reimbursement would have been necessary or appropriate. You could take advantage of either, or both, at your discretion.

Well said mate. But I think everyone here can agree that one of our main reasons for staying here is the complete lack of "grinding". And no I don't mean money or anything else like that, just skills wise. Being able to PLAY the game is quite comforting to say the least. And I think alot of people would agree with that observation.
Whitehound
#120 - 2012-05-07 23:57:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
Tippia wrote:
Yeah, see… there's a difference between “no longer need” and “can no longer use”.

But for whom? For you, just not for her. Again you argue completely selfish. No one cares about you, Tippia.