These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want my SP refunded

First post
Author
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#81 - 2012-05-07 23:29:54 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Gay Mafia Princess wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Sorry my mistake, you must be one of the goon/devs who decide CCP policy.
No, I'm one of the people telling you that you're complaining about a problem that doesn't exist.

Nothing has changed, nothing has been removed, thus there is no reason for you to get any SP back. There is plenty of reason to have a closer look at those skills and consider what you can do with them, though…

You are bullying and belittling. If you have no function within CCP then telling any of THEIR customers that their problem is invalid isn't really helping the situation.

Your problem is valid, unfortunately, your problem is also really, really inane.

TY I guess. Maybe inane for you but it would take a whole of what 20 keystrokes on CCP's part to resolve. I would be happy and if they implemented the policy to others, everyone would be happy.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#82 - 2012-05-07 23:30:30 UTC
OP, I'm sure that this issue is very distressing for you. Unfortunately, CCP isn't going to refund your SP, probably because they don't feel that it is an important issue. The question is, what are you going to do about it other than trying and failing to make a stink on the forums?

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Lapine Davion
#83 - 2012-05-07 23:31:06 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Tippia wrote:
No, I'm one of the people telling you that you're complaining about a problem that doesn't exist.

Nothing has changed, nothing has been removed, thus there is no reason for you to get any SP back. There is plenty of reason to have a closer look at those skills and consider what you can do with them, though…

You are bullying and belittling. If you have no function within CCP then telling any of THEIR customers that their problem is invalid isn't really helping the situation.

Your problem is valid, unfortunately, your problem is also really, really inane.

TY I guess. Maybe inane for you but it would take a whole of what 20 keystrokes on CCP's part to resolve. I would be happy and if they implemented the policy to others, everyone would be happy.

But the thing is, nobody else really cares.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#84 - 2012-05-07 23:33:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
If you have no function within CCP then telling any of THEIR customers that their problem is invalid isn't really helping the situation.
Why would I help a situation that is based on ignorance and nonsense?

Again, nothing has changed, nothing has been removed, so why on earth should you get any SP back?

Quote:
Scam or no scam does it make a difference? No. CCP is a company. I am a customer.
…and the contract you signed with them warned you about changes that would happen “just because” so even if they had changed how contracts work, you wouldn't have much of a case. Since they didn't change anything about them, you pretty much have no case at all.

It seems you're dead set on wasting your skill points, and you want CCP to fix your decision. How about, instead, you look at what you can actually do and make good use of them?

Quote:
Maybe inane for you but it would take a whole of what 20 keystrokes on CCP's part to resolve.
It would also be a drastic policy change, where you no longer have to account for your own decisions and choices. That change would affect us all.
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#85 - 2012-05-07 23:33:14 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
OP, I'm sure that this issue is very distressing for you. Unfortunately, CCP isn't going to refund your SP, probably because they don't feel that it is an important issue. The question is, what are you going to do about it other than trying and failing to make a stink on the forums?

This is a sad state of affairs if I were to believe it was true. I am certain others feel the exact same way but because of certain voices in the community they keep their heads down. I really hope CCP takes a look at their policies and really starts making customer service a priority.
Xavier Bandar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2012-05-07 23:33:22 UTC
Scam or no scam does it make a difference? No. CCP is a company. I am a customer. If you are in any business you try to keep your customers happy. All I am asking for is consideration given the recent changes.

As a business, you can't keep all of your customers happy. Some customers are just whiny, little bitches who deserve nothing but contempt and ridicule.
Whitehound
#87 - 2012-05-07 23:33:38 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:

She takes it onto the forums whereas you swallow everything and then say it makes you hard. No one can help you ...

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#88 - 2012-05-07 23:33:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Tippia wrote:

If by bullying and belittling you mean factual and helpful, then sure.

The contract mechanic was not removed, more options were given for purchasing faction mods.

More options = good in most peoples book.

In fact, the only reason to get so bent out of shape is if you were running scams. Not that running scams is a bad thing, but you could at least be honest about it. That way, you might be recognized as having a quasi-legitimate complaint instead of being seen (correctly) as an amateur forum troll.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#89 - 2012-05-07 23:34:38 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
Why would the OP need her SP refunded when her game literally hasn't changed and she still has all the same functionality that she had before?

The only thing I can think of is that she was trying to contract scam with those Faction Mods.

Because for the same reasons why we got SPs for the removal of the learning skills - those who invested time into these skills hated the change. If CCP had not given us SPs then people would have been whining all over the forum about it.

You are nothing but selfish when you deny others their claim for SP reimbursement when a game change makes earlier skill decisions redundant.

It is also not your job to decide if someone deserve it it or not. It is CCP's job. And no amount of crap posts will change it either. So you can just shut up.

I agree with everything except...
"Because for the same reasons why we got SPs for the removal of the learning skills - those who invested time into these skills hated the change."
This... is wrong....
We got SP because they said we were when they dropped the skills. No one "hated" the change mate, infact it was one of the nicest things CCP has done for the players in a long time, IE: Make skilling less time consuming. I have yet to meet someone that actually wants their learning skills back >.>
Lapine Davion
#90 - 2012-05-07 23:34:46 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:

She takes it onto the forums whereas you swallow everything and then say it makes you hard. No one can help you ...

Yes, I do swallow, and yes, it DOES make me hard.

You heard it here first folks, swallowing makes me hard.

Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#91 - 2012-05-07 23:35:15 UTC
Tippia wrote:
If you have no function within CCP then telling any of THEIR customers that their problem is invalid isn't really helping the situation.
Why would I help a situation that is based on ignorance and nonsense?

Again, nothing has changed, nothing has been removed, so why on earth should you get any SP back?

Quote:
Scam or no scam does it make a difference? No. CCP is a company. I am a customer.
…and the contract you signed with them warned you about changes that would happen “just because” so even if they had changed how contracts work, you wouldn't have much of a case. Since they didn't change anything about them, you pretty much have no case at all.

It seems you're dead set on wasting your skill points, and you want CCP to fix your decision. How about, instead, you look at what you can actually do and make good use of them?

So to sum up what you are saying:

1) My feelings as a customer don't matter
2) CCP says so

Sorry not going to buy it no matter how many new ways you say it.
NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#92 - 2012-05-07 23:35:32 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:

This is a sad state of affairs if I were to believe it was true. I am certain others feel the exact same way but because of certain voices in the community they keep their heads down. I really hope CCP takes a look at their policies and really starts making customer service a priority.

Your ********......
Lapine Davion
#93 - 2012-05-07 23:36:17 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Tippia wrote:

The contract mechanic was not removed, more options were given for purchasing faction mods.

In fact, the only reason to get so bent out of shape is if you were running scams. Not that running scams is a bad thing, but you could at least be honest about it. That way, you might be recognized as having a quasi-legitimate complain instead of being seen (correctly) as an amateur forum troll.

This man may be an idiot sometimes, but he is speaking the truth. If you are running contract scams, then say so, and we will have a little more understanding of why you are upset.

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#94 - 2012-05-07 23:36:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Fabulousli Obvious
Lapine Davion wrote:

Yes, I do swallow, and yes, it DOES make me hard.

You heard it here first folks, swallowing makes me hard.

I'm all ears !

No one has witnessed this much of a derailment since I was chased at Lily Tomlin's party by a drunken Charles Nelson Riley back in the day.

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Whitehound
#95 - 2012-05-07 23:37:28 UTC
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
This... is wrong....
We got SP because they said we were when they dropped the skills. No one "hated" the change mate, infact it was one of the nicest things CCP has done for the players in a long time, IE: Make skilling less time consuming. I have yet to meet someone that actually wants their learning skills back >.>

No, it is not wrong. It is just one of many reasons. Also a lot did hate it. You must have missed quite a few threads if you think everyone loved it.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#96 - 2012-05-07 23:37:44 UTC
I am not / was not running contract scams.

Even if I was it makes no difference.
Lapine Davion
#97 - 2012-05-07 23:39:22 UTC
OP were you trying to run contract scams or not? If you weren't, you really really don't have any reason to complain. Like, seriously. CCP made things so much easier for you.

If you were trying to run contract scams, then that sucks that that was taken away. I really don't think CCP is going to refund your SP, but if they do that is cool of them.

You'll still have to find a new way to scam, though.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#98 - 2012-05-07 23:39:30 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Tippia wrote:

In fact, the only reason to get so bent out of shape is if you were running scams. Not that running scams is a bad thing, but you could at least be honest about it. That way, you might be recognized as having a quasi-legitimate complain instead of being seen (correctly) as an amateur forum troll.

This man may be an idiot sometimes, but he is speaking the truth. If you are running contract scams, then say so, and we will have a little more understanding of why you are upset.

Exactly, and furthermore you should... HEY, WAITAMINUITE.....

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#99 - 2012-05-07 23:39:53 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
This... is wrong....

No, it is not wrong. It is just one of many reasons. Also a lot did hate it. You must have missed quite a few threads if you think everyone loved it.

Sorry I tend to avoid whine threads.... I can't see why someone would want to spend even more time then they already are spending on skilling. Kinda baffles me...
And yes I tend to avoid forums but... 3 years of playing... its something different lol
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#100 - 2012-05-07 23:40:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
So to sum up what you are saying:

1) My feelings as a customer don't matter
2) CCP says so
No. What I'm saying is that

1) Nothing changed about contracts.
2) Therefore there is no reason to give you back your SP in contracting.

also

3) Maybe you should have a look at what you can do with said contracts so you don't feel like you've wasted the SP.

Whitehound wrote:
Some people didn't like the removal of learning skills; I can't remember ever seeing anyone complaining about the SP reimbursement.