These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want my SP refunded

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#41 - 2012-05-07 22:58:46 UTC
Gay Mafia Princess wrote:
No, I can not do EXACTLY as I did before.
Yes you can.
Quote:
If I could I would not be complaining.
…and yet you are, most likely because you're not thinking very clearly.
Sobach
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2012-05-07 23:01:25 UTC

No, I can not do EXACTLY as I did before. If I could I would not be complaining.

yes you can, you just have another source of competition for your profit, and that's what you're ultimately complaining about.
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#43 - 2012-05-07 23:02:01 UTC
Tippia wrote:
No, I can not do EXACTLY as I did before.
Yes you can.
Quote:
If I could I would not be complaining.
…and yet you are, most likely because you're not thinking very clearly.

Saying that I can do exactly as I did before implies that that the market exists in the way that it did before. It doesn't, ergo I can't not do exactly what I was doing before.
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#44 - 2012-05-07 23:03:26 UTC
Sobach wrote:

No, I can not do EXACTLY as I did before. If I could I would not be complaining.

yes you can, you just have another source of competition for your profit, and that's what you're ultimately complaining about.

Competition is not the issue. if I can't do what I was doing before in the way that I was doing it, I don't want to be bothered. Refund the meager amount of SP and let me choose a different profession. Customer service issue resolved.
Whitehound
#45 - 2012-05-07 23:05:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
Tippia wrote:
So why should they give you any SP back when nothing has been lost or removed?

CCP reimbursed us with SPs after they had removed the learning skills. They did not have to do this back then either, because we did all get our attributes raised. The removal of the learning skills then did not change a lot about how we play the game either. Yet, CCP thought it was just to do so.

I do not care about the OP's problem, it is not my job, but at least I am not ignorant to what is asked here. Roll

OP does have a very valid point. The only problem is how CCP shall determine who should get their skill removed and who not? Because this will require organizational efforts do I doubt this will take place. The learning skills were removed for everyone and everyone got SPs in return - not much effort there besides writing a script.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#46 - 2012-05-07 23:08:13 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
You have an unending ability for selfishness. Killmails matter to a tremendous number of players. And nearly all major killboard software implementations have supported the cost of faction modules for a very long time now. Just because they have no interest to one vocal minority doesn't mean they don't matter to the rest of us.

Just to repeat my earlier post, if you're unable to think of an effective use for this skill that's your fault, not CCPs.

So CCP is changing this why then? Answer: No good reason.

CCP made this change solely to upset you. You, personally, are the reason they did this change.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#47 - 2012-05-07 23:08:36 UTC
IF they keep this up I am going to be ruined.

Girlfriend, look in that CQ mirror, then remove the words "going to be".

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#48 - 2012-05-07 23:09:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Saying that I can do exactly as I did before implies that that the market exists in the way that it did before.
No it doesn't. It implies that you can do exactly as you did before, which you can.

Your encountering more competition is not something they have to compensate you for. If you choose to waste the SP you've accumulated, then that's still solely your problem (and also not something that anyone has to compensate you for).

Quote:
Competition is not the issue. if I can't do what I was doing before in the way that I was doing it, I don't want to be bothered.
Since you can do what you were doing before the way you were doing it, competition is the only issue — it's what will slow your turnaround down. Nothing in the way of functionality or use is being changed in the slightest.

Whitehound wrote:
CCP reimbursed us with SPs after they had removed the learning skills.
…because it represented training time lost to functionality that was no longer in the game. Pretty much completely unlike what the OP is whinging about. The OP has roughly no point whatsoever and is just kvetching over his own refusal to adapt and to make good use of the skills he chose to train, and using a pretty blatant argument from ignorance to try to shift the blame for that refusal onto someone else.
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2012-05-07 23:09:45 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Your name worries me more than your problem.

You only think YOU have problems with it.......

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Lapine Davion
#50 - 2012-05-07 23:09:54 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Tippia wrote:
So why should they give you any SP back when nothing has been lost or removed?

CCP reimbursed us with SPs after they had removed the learning skills. They did not have to do this back then either, because we did all get our attributes raised. The removal of the learning skills then did not change a lot about how we play the game either. Yet, CCP thought it was just to do so.

I do not care about the OP's problem, it is not my job, but at least I am not ignorant to what is asked here. Roll

OP does have a very valid point. The only problem is how CCP shall determine who should get their skill removed and who not? Because this will require organizational efforts do I doubt this will take place. The learning skills were removed for everyone and everyone got SPs in return - not much effort there besides writing a script.

Was the contracting system removed? Is the OP no longer able to make contracts? Are those people who bought titans still able to fly titans? The ships themselves haven't been removed have they? Then you don't get any SP refunded. Because you are dumb.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#51 - 2012-05-07 23:10:08 UTC
I am certain we all know a player or two that has quit after CCP made this sort of change. Yes the impact may mean nothing to you but it was enough of a change to be unpalatable to the person who quit. I think EVE would be much bigger if more attention and consideration was made on the changes that CCP implements.

Imagine if it was you who dreamed of flying a titan as it was and you trained a toon to have Titan V. How let down would you feel if CCP burst your bubble?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#52 - 2012-05-07 23:12:29 UTC
I am certain we all know a player or two that has quit after CCP made this sort of change.
Not really, no.

Quote:
Imagine if it was you who dreamed of flying a titan as it was and you trained a toon to have Titan V. How let down would you feel if CCP burst your bubble?
A game without titans? That would be wonderful. Unfortunately (or fortunately for those who trained for them), no such bubble-bursting will happen.
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#53 - 2012-05-07 23:12:30 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Saying that I can do exactly as I did before implies that that the market exists in the way that it did before.
No it doesn't. It implies that you can do exactly as you did before, which you can.

Your encountering more competition is not something they have to compensate you for. If you choose to waste the SP you've accumulated, then that's still solely your problem (and also not something that anyone has to compensate you for).

Whitehound wrote:
CCP reimbursed us with SPs after they had removed the learning skills.
…because it represented training time lost to functionality that was no longer in the game. Pretty much completely unlike what the OP is whinging about. The OP has roughly no point whatsoever and is just kvetching over his own refusal to adapt and to make good use of the skills he chose to train, and using a pretty blatant argument from ignorance to try to shift the blame for that refusal onto someone else.

I am telling you that the game has changed for me because of what they did. You telling me it hasn't makes absolutely no sense. Please don't tell me how to feel or tell me what I should be perceiving.
Lapine Davion
#54 - 2012-05-07 23:12:39 UTC
I am certain we all know a player or two that has quit after CCP made this sort of change. Yes the impact may mean nothing to you but it was enough of a change to be unpalatable to the person who quit. I think EVE would be much bigger if more attention and consideration was made on the changes that CCP implements.

If CCP removed Titans I'm sure they would also remove the titan skill and reimburse the skill points. As it stands, you can still list your faction loot on contracts, so nothing has been lost. The only thing that has happened is features have been added.

Also, this.

Whitehound
#55 - 2012-05-07 23:12:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
Lapine Davion wrote:
[Was the contracting system removed? Is the OP no longer able to make contracts? Are those people who bought titans still able to fly titans? The ships themselves haven't been removed have they? Then you don't get any SP refunded. Because you are dumb.

No, you are dumb. Why did you get SPs for the removal of the learning skills? You do not know. You just sucked it up and said "thank you".

There was no need to give any of us SPs for them. Training speed has simply not changed and I had them all at 5.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#56 - 2012-05-07 23:14:54 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:

If CCP removed Titans I'm sure they would also remove the titan skill and reimburse the skill points. As it stands, you can still list your faction loot on contracts, so nothing has been lost. The only thing that has happened is features have been added.

Also, this.

You are missing the point. Yes you can still fly a "Titan" but it isn't the same "Titan" that you set out to fly.
Lapine Davion
#57 - 2012-05-07 23:15:24 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
[Was the contracting system removed? Is the OP no longer able to make contracts? Are those people who bought titans still able to fly titans? The ships themselves haven't been removed have they? Then you don't get any SP refunded. Because you are dumb.

No, you are dumb. Why did you get SPs for the removal of the learning skills? You do not know. You just sucked it up and said "thank you".

There was no need to give any of us SPs for them. Training speed has simply not changed and I had them all at 5.

Haha, what. We got those SP refunded because they removed the Learning Skills. Why else would we have gotten them?

Lapine Davion
#58 - 2012-05-07 23:16:35 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:

Also, this.

You are missing the point. Yes you can still fly a "Titan" but it isn't the same "Titan" that you set out to fly.

Is it still a Titan? Is it still the same DoomsDaying, Jump Portal Generating, 100 billion isk Loot Pinata that it always was?

Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#59 - 2012-05-07 23:17:29 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:

Haha, what. We got those SP refunded because they removed the Learning Skills. Why else would we have gotten them?

You got them back because CCP foresaw a potentially large customer service issue. Basically there was going to be massive QQ so they preempted it all. All I am asking is for the same courtesy for my relatively minor issue.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#60 - 2012-05-07 23:17:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
I am telling you that the game has changed for me because of what they did.
…and I'm telling you that no mechanics have changed that in any way would warrant a refund of SP. You can still use the skills the exact same way they were always used. You've chosen not to use them like that any more for various reasons. You've chosen not to investigate what else you can use those skills for. In other words, you have chosen to make your SP worthless. This is your choice and no-one else's. Stop blaming others for your own choices.

Quote:
Please don't tell me how to feel or tell me what I should be perceiving.
Since it is quite obvious that you could use a pair of glasses to clear up the perception problems you're having, I think I will.

Quote:
Utterly irrelevant. You trained for the Titan as it exists in the game. That Titan is always subject to change, and as long as you get to fly a titan, you get exactly what you train for. If you cannot accept this, you shouldn't train for it to begin with (and your poor decision to do it anyway is still your choice and your problem — not something that anyone needs to compensate you for).

In fact, CCP have repeatedly and explicitly said that they will change things on occasion just to shake things up, so unless you take this expectation of change into account, you will always manage to scam yourself. It'll still be your problem if you do.

Whitehound wrote:
Why did you get SPs for the removal of the learning skills?
Because they represented training time spent on a mechanic that was removed from the game.