These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want my SP refunded

First post
Author
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#381 - 2012-05-12 12:13:26 UTC
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:
Darth Tickles wrote:
a personalized apology from the CEO.

we actually got one of those it just took ppl leaving the game...
Which should teach ppl, if you want anything done, quit in droves

Actually, we also got one for a over-extended downtime too if I recall. Having said that, contracts are still a valid system. Besides, you still can't get any of the contract-only items through the market, now can you?

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#382 - 2012-05-12 12:35:37 UTC
Gay Mafia Princess wrote:
Since CCP now allows faction items on the market I want all the sp I have invested on all my toons to get corporate contracting to V refunded, absolute waste of time.

Totally disregard next post. I am not scamming at all. People agree with me, some don't. I am not qq'ing he is.

soooooo, what about contract mechanics has changed that you need this reimbursement?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#383 - 2012-05-12 12:37:26 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
without risking a loss of players.

frankly if they shed people like you who whine about every minute change that affects a skill they trained at any point in time the game is better off for it

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#384 - 2012-05-12 12:46:57 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Serge Bastana wrote:
First of all it's beyond ironic that you're calling anyone selfish here after defending this idea of sp reimbursement for this and second, the burden of proof is on the OP (whom, as has been pointed out, is most likely your alt) to show that the skills they say are now useless actually are.

Carry on slick.

Keep bumping this thread, which you so hate. I am not as selfish as you are and I can still see what I am doing here. You could have let this topic die a long, long time ago. Yet your egos forbid this. This lets me take this thread beyond a thousand pages.

You're the one who's keeping this alive by being so unwilling to accept that you have no grounds to claim back so called 'useless' sp. We're just enjoying watching you bluster with arguments that hold about as much water as a midget's belly button. This thread is serving as a great example of entitled whining.

You and the OP are the only one(s) who feel there is a case for reimbursement here, meanwhile, back on the ranch...

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#385 - 2012-05-12 12:57:29 UTC
Serge Bastana wrote:
hold about as much water as a midget's belly button.

Quoting because this actually made me laugh out loud.

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

HVAC Repairman
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#386 - 2012-05-12 13:15:20 UTC
i demand that ccp sets the op read only or ELSE IM GOING TO UNSUB

haha thatll show 'em
Whitehound
#387 - 2012-05-12 14:10:20 UTC
Andski wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
without risking a loss of players.

frankly if they shed people like you who whine about every minute change that affects a skill they trained at any point in time the game is better off for it

I am educating, just like you Goons do.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Whitehound
#388 - 2012-05-12 14:12:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
Serge Bastana wrote:
You're the one who's keeping this alive ...

Sure, whatever your ego sees fit as the next counter argument is just right by me. You cannot stop and I am counting on it. Lol

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Karadion Kohlar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#389 - 2012-05-12 20:47:44 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
Since CCP now allows faction items on the market I want all the sp I have invested on all my toons to get corporate contracting to V refunded, absolute waste of time.

Totally disregard next post. I am not scamming at all. People agree with me, some don't. I am not qq'ing he is.

soooooo, what about contract mechanics has changed that you need this reimbursement?

Nothing. He just can't scam as efficiently as he did before since modules do not need to be contracted anymore to sell.
Whitehound
#390 - 2012-05-12 20:49:17 UTC
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
Nothing. He just can't scam as efficiently as he did before since modules do not need to be contracted anymore to sell.

The OP is a she. If you were referring to me then know that I use market orders and that I do not scam. If you do not believe it then prove me wrong.

Karadion Kohlar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#391 - 2012-05-12 21:01:58 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Karadion Kohlar wrote:

The OP is a she. If you were referring to me then know that I use market orders and that I do not scam. If you do not believe it then prove me wrong.

He/She/It.. Don't care.
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#392 - 2012-05-12 21:49:01 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Karadion Kohlar wrote:

OP should post with his main, unless of course it IS actually you. OP also suggested that people should check him/her/it out in the contracts pages, except he/she/it only shows up twice, and one of those courier contracts was a failure. So what gives? What super important, top secret hush hush stuff is your alt doing?

Whitehound
#393 - 2012-05-12 22:04:20 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
OP should post with his main, unless of course it IS actually you.

It still is not me. OP probably moved on some time ago and left the job of bouncing the No-sayers entirely to me. Smile

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#394 - 2012-05-12 22:19:56 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
OP should post with his main, unless of course it IS actually you.

It still is not me. OP probably moved on some time ago and left the job of bouncing the No-sayers entirely to me. Smile

Ah I see, of course. Because that is the more rational explanation. Some random person, who has only ever appeared on two contracts, one of which was a failure, is complaining about mass contracting in a corp that contained only 7 people. Which they are no longer a member of.

You on the other hand up until the end of last year were a prolific user of the contract system for multiple identical courier contracts, among other things. Not saying you were a scammer or anything like that. But when the two of you are compared, the logical assumption is that you would be the more likely of the two to have cause for complaint.

Unless of course, the OP is your alt. As Sherlock said "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

TWHC Assistant
#395 - 2012-05-12 23:05:57 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
As Sherlock said "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Sherlock Holmes did however not use tinfoil hats to eliminate the impossible.
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#396 - 2012-05-12 23:51:27 UTC

so if they refund your sp and then change their mindabout faction warfare only in 6 months...... you can spend all that time all over again.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#397 - 2012-05-13 00:45:37 UTC
TWHC Assistant wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
As Sherlock said "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Sherlock Holmes did however not use tinfoil hats to eliminate the impossible.

Please provide proof of such Aluminium foil haberdashery.

TWHC Assistant
#398 - 2012-05-13 00:48:18 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

Says the one wearing a tinfoil hat.
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#399 - 2012-05-13 00:50:35 UTC
TWHC Assistant wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

Says the one wearing a tinfoil hat.

Again, please provide proof of such. Unless you would prefer to admit that you are merely trolling, which is against the forum rules.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#400 - 2012-05-13 00:59:01 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Sure does the OP have a problem
Nope. The OP has made a choice not to use his skills — he does not have a problem. His choices are not grounds for reimbursing SP he can still fully use.

Quote:
Being able to make new skill choices is not a solution, at least not for CCP, or we still would have the learning skills.
Making new skill choices most definitely is a solution, since those new skills will let the OP keep doing what he wants to do (which, of course, he already can — new skills largely let him do it on an even larger scale than before). It also has nothing to do with learning skills: they were removed because they turned out to be a pointless meta-mechanic that only annoyed everyone and hurt newbies. When the mechanic (and the skills) were removed, we got the SP back. That is pretty much completely unlike what the OP is complaining about since nothing has been removed. The stuff is still being traded through contracts as people have proved on numerous occasions.

In fact, the burden of proof is on the OP, and he has provided exactly zero evidence that there is anything even remotely resembling a problem, so the proof to the contrary that was posted before that was just courtesy.

Quote:
No, it is bad of you to try.
Good thing I'm not doing that, then.

Quote:
No. It is a game change as many.
…and like many (in fact most) game changes, it doesn't remove anything from the game so there is no grounds for reimbursement. The skills can still be used exactly the same way they could be used before. A trader in the goods in question now have even more options available to him and can thus make more money than before.

Whitehound wrote:
I am educating, just like you Goons do.
But we all know you have no argument. No further education on this topic is needed. This has been known for many many years now.