These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want my SP refunded

First post
Author
Andrey Wartooth
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#281 - 2012-05-10 06:10:18 UTC
Princess, what are you going to do if CCP doesn't give you back your SP that you don't need?
Whitehound
#282 - 2012-05-10 06:34:03 UTC
Tippia wrote:
... No more needs to be said until you start addressing what has already been brought up. ...

You were given reasons and they were explained to you. You understand them, you only do not like them. Whose problem is this?

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Whitehound
#283 - 2012-05-10 06:34:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
Andrey Wartooth wrote:
Princess, what are you going to do if CCP doesn't give you back your SP that you don't need?

She becomes a Goon and burns Jita. Lol

Seriously though, it is not her problem but CCP's. They need to be careful with how they change the game. If they do decide to make every item exchangeable over the market including blueprints and copies (and show their PE/ME levels), then contracts will become obsolete for more players. CCP will either have to introduce new purposes for contracts or burn players.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Andrey Wartooth
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#284 - 2012-05-10 06:36:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Andrey Wartooth
Whitehound wrote:
Tippia wrote:
... No more needs to be said until you start addressing what has already been brought up. ...

You were given reasons and they were explained to you. You understand them, you only do not like them. Whose problem is this?

What were those reasons? I didn't see any reasons when I skimmed through this thread. I saw a lot of whining and moaning about a supposed contract change. But I don't recall seeing any actual reasons other than "contracts".

I think OP is just trolling and you are just here to push it along, just like you do in every thread you post in.

Whitehound wrote:
Andrey Wartooth wrote:

She becomes a Goon and burns Jita ... Lol

And this is fu-u-u-u-u-nny. Are you trying to imply that we burned Jita because of a beneficial addition to the game that made us adapt when we didn't want to?

You people are going to keep going on about this Jita thing despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, aren't you?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#285 - 2012-05-10 06:39:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Whitehound wrote:
You were given reasons and they were explained to you.
…and were quickly shown to be nonsensical. Now it's your turn to argue the points being made, which you can't do because you know they're correct.

The fact remains: there is no reason to give the OP his SP back.
Quote:
Whose problem is this?
Yours. The ball is entirely in your court and you refuse to even swing at it, so you choose to troll instead as you always do when you can't actually come up with any kind of argument to support your case.

So would you like to actually discuss the matter at hand, or just keep going off topic in your failed evasion attempts?
Whitehound
#286 - 2012-05-10 06:46:35 UTC
Andrey Wartooth wrote:
And this is fu-u-u-u-u-nny. Are you trying to imply that we burned Jita because of a beneficial addition to the game that made us adapt when we didn't want to?

No, because your boss did not get his way.

Whitehound
#287 - 2012-05-10 06:47:24 UTC
Tippia wrote:
…and were quickly shown to be nonsensical. ..

No. Again, you only do not like them. Not my problem.

Shian Yang
#288 - 2012-05-10 06:51:55 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Tippia wrote:
…and were quickly shown to be nonsensical. ..

No. Again, you only do not like them. Not my problem.

Greetings capsuleer Whitehound,

If you are correct why are you not being supported in your arguments by all the traders that have been allegedly put out by this?

And why is the contract market still so very, very active?

Could it perhaps be that, as the noble capsuleer Tippia has said, your entire point is nonsensical. I think this is a likely explanation.

Regards,

Shian Yang
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#289 - 2012-05-10 06:54:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Whitehound wrote:
No.
Incorrect, as always. Everything the OP has said has been proven false, ill-informed, unsupported, or otherwise without any basis.
Quote:
Not my problem.
Ok, so you have no arguments to counter the points and facts presented and you have no wish to try to argue against them. We already know this. It's nice of you to finally admit it.

Quote:
If they do decide to make every item exchangeable over the market including blueprints and copies (and show their PE/ME levels), then contracts will become obsolete for more players. CCP will either have to introduce new purposes for contracts or burn players.
Good thing that they're not doing that for a number of technical reasons, then. Should that ever happen, then maybe they will offer a universal SP reimbursement, but that's not what's happening here. All that's going on here is that the OP no longer wishes to use a couple of the skills he has trained for no adequately explained reason.

“I want” is not a reason to let players ignore the game mechanics.

So the fact remains: there is no reason why the OP should get his SP back.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#290 - 2012-05-10 07:02:25 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
No.
Incorrect, as always. Everything the OP has said has been proven false, ill-informed, unsupported, or otherwise without any basis.
Quote:
Not my problem.
Ok, so you have no arguments to counter the points and facts presented and you have no wish to try to argue against them. We already know this. It's nice of you to finally admit it.

Quote:
If they do decide to make every item exchangeable over the market including blueprints and copies (and show their PE/ME levels), then contracts will become obsolete for more players. CCP will either have to introduce new purposes for contracts or burn players.
Good thing that they're not doing that for a number of technical reasons, then. Should that ever happen, then maybe they will offer a universal SP reimbursement, but that's not what's happening here. All that's going on here is that the OP no longer wishes to use a couple of the skills he has trained for no adequately explained reason.

“I want” is not a reason to let players ignore the game mechanics.

So the fact remains: there is no reason why the OP should get his SP back.

More Tippia lies. I will tell my corp mate to ignore you.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#291 - 2012-05-10 07:03:18 UTC
whitehound humiliated in another thread
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#292 - 2012-05-10 07:06:10 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
More Tippia lies.
Well, that exhaustive list and detailed breakdown sure shut me up…

…oh wait, here I am still writing things. Something must be amiss!
Whitehound
#293 - 2012-05-10 07:38:30 UTC
Tippia wrote:
...nag nag nag...

Just no.

If CCP ever implements a method to untrain and reimburse skills after a change then it becomes entirely your own choice. You would be the only person who out of an infantile logic will refuse to take advantage of it. It would be your right to do so and nobody's problem but yours. Lol

Whitehound
#294 - 2012-05-10 07:43:04 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
whitehound humiliated in another thread

Is that so?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#295 - 2012-05-10 07:50:41 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Just no.
Not good enough. You need an actual argument as well.

Quote:
If CCP ever implements a method to untrain and reimburse skills after a change
…then they might as well remove skills altogether. Fortunately, they're not going to do that due to the damage it will do to the game.

Quote:
You would be the only person who out of an infantile logic will refuse to take advantage of it.
That's an interesting strawman argument. What logic are you talking about? Where does any of this come from?

Why can't you discuss the topic at hand and argue the points being made?
The simple fact remains: there is no reason to give the OP his SP back.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#296 - 2012-05-10 07:56:19 UTC
Gay Mafia Princess wrote:
CCP really needs to address this issue ASAP. With upcoming changes to FW and datacores that is going to wipe out another useful avenue of revenue I had. IF they keep this up I am going to be ruined.

Refunding your SP will open up new revenue streams for you .... how exactly?

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Whitehound
#297 - 2012-05-10 08:00:44 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Not good enough. You need an actual argument as well.

You are not the judge here so shut up now.

Quote:
…then they might as well remove skills altogether. Fortunately, they're not going to do that due to the damage it will do to the game.

And why would this be?

Quote:
Why can't you discuss the topic at hand and argue the points being made?

I told you a few times. Your dislikes are not a problem of mine.

Whitehound
#298 - 2012-05-10 08:01:52 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:

Had you followed the thread then you would know that one could use the reimbursed SPs to train trade skills. It is the obvious choice.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#299 - 2012-05-10 08:04:48 UTC
I have 95 of 120 corp contract slots tied up across 3 characters, yeah the contract system is totally useless

lol

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#300 - 2012-05-10 08:07:11 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Asuka Solo wrote:

Had you followed the thread then you would know that one could use the reimbursed SPs to train trade skills. It is the obvious choice.

oh yeah I forgot that you can sell fitted ships, researched blueprints and BPCs through the market and that you can limit who you can sell things to through the market

good point

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar