These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want my SP refunded

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#261 - 2012-05-09 20:06:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Whitehound wrote:
Why would anyone ask such a question?
Because it's closing in on being the only rational explanation.
Quote:
And you think I am the fool here?!? Roll
Well, yes, but not because of what you've written here. It's more of a pattern thing.
Quote:
Looks to me like the exact opposite. Most people are trying to refuse the OP her demand.
That's not the exact opposite. The exact opposite would be if people refused him his right to voice a complain. No-one is doing that. We're saying that the complaint has no basis and that there is no reason to heed the demand or fulfil the wish.

“I want” is not a good reason to bypass the game mechanics.
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#262 - 2012-05-09 20:13:59 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Are you and Gay Mafia Princess the same person? ...

Why would anyone ask such a question? And you think I am the fool here?!? Roll

Cutter Isaacson wrote:
It is also worth noting that no one is saying that customers do not have a right to voice a complaint ...

Looks to me like the exact opposite. Most people are trying to refuse the OP her demand. Why else are they all crying out? My guess is they all know that they act foolish and they do it because they can.

If there was a forum rule that says "Do not act foolish." then one could likely close the forum.

My dear chap, they are not saying the OP has no right to voice a complaint, they are merely stating personal opinion that the OP has no reason to complain. An important difference, and one you should at least attempt to learn.

And as to why I asked if you two were in fact the same person, I do not think it foolish to consider all the options, for only a fool would do otherwise.

It is also worth noting that if a rule did exist on these forums banning people from acting foolishly, I doubt that you would have gotten much past your 3rd post.

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#263 - 2012-05-09 20:30:14 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
It is also worth noting that if a rule did exist on these forums banning people from acting foolishly, I doubt that you would have gotten much past your 3rd post.
Oh, he would have been tossed out on his ears long before thatLol
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#264 - 2012-05-09 20:40:00 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Oh, he would have been tossed out on his ears long before thatLol

Interesting, his first posts were as bad as his current ones. At least he is consistently idiotic.

Citizen Smif
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#265 - 2012-05-09 20:42:34 UTC
This whole thing about 'something has been nerfed, reimburse my SP' is bullshit.. The only time CCP should ever reimburse SP is when something is removed. Jesus CCP have to be so careful not to step on toes, 'internet spaceshipz is seriuz bizzness.'
Whitehound
#266 - 2012-05-09 20:48:57 UTC
Andrey Wartooth wrote:
Are you going to respond to this post, Whitehound?
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1272646#post1272646

No. You state your opinion and opinions cannot be argued. I do not argue out of sympathies or antipathies, which is why I guess someone would ask a question like who am I or if I am the same person as the OP. Do you have anything in particular you want to know?

Tippia wrote:

People cannot refuse someone their right to voice a complaint here on the forum. Only a moderator can. So you and others do what you can without having a delete button and try to trash the thread with every comment. It is the exact opposite... Believe me, if you could delete the thread you would have done so before it had reached the second page and you would not have a doubt about it.

Cutter Isaacson wrote:
My dear chap ...

And I am not your dear chap. You lose your argument right on the opening line of your comment. Everything else thereafter is only rant, because you fail to put actual thought into your comment. I could now say that "perhaps you should cease your trolling", but I rather ask, can you stop?

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#267 - 2012-05-09 20:56:20 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Andrey Wartooth wrote:

No. You state your opinion and opinions cannot be argued. I do not argue out of sympathies or antipathies, which is why I guess someone would ask a question like who am I or if I am the same person as the OP. Do you have anything in particular you want to know?

Tippia wrote:

People cannot refuse someone their right to voice a complaint here on the forum. Only a moderator can. So you and others do what you can without having a delete button and try to trash the thread with every comment. It is the exact opposite... Believe me, if you could delete the thread you would have done so before it had reached the second page and you would not have a doubt about it.

Cutter Isaacson wrote:
My dear chap ...

And I am not your dear chap. You lose your argument right on the opening line of your comment. Everything else thereafter is only rant, because you fail to put actual thought into your comment. I could now say that "perhaps you should cease your trolling", but I rather ask, can you stop?

Politeness loses an argument that I am not actually having? Perhaps you should get some sleep, you appear to be suffering from some sort of psychosis. My comment is my opinion, which is based on analysis of this thread, specifically your responses and the more intelligent ones aimed at both yourself and Princess. It is saddening that someone such as yourself be allowed to roam around unsupervised, I fear for your safety.

Whitehound
#268 - 2012-05-09 20:58:00 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Politeness loses an argument that I am not actually having? ... I fear for your safety.

I fear you have lost the topic.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#269 - 2012-05-09 21:01:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Whitehound wrote:
No. You state your opinion and opinions cannot be argued.
…except that the post he asked you to respond to was not a matter of opinion, but of fact. Granted, you can't really argue facts either, even though you are prone to doing that anyway, but at least get your answer straight.

Quote:
People cannot refuse someone their right to voice a complaint here on the forum.
…which no-one is doing. Well, you kind of are, but I'm talking about the rest of us.

Quote:
It is the exact opposite
You mean aside from the fact that saying that a request is unreasonable isn't the same thing as saying that a request is “illegal”. So no, it's not the exact opposite.

Quote:
And I am not your dear chap. You lose your argument right on the opening line of your comment.
No, he doesn't, because the opening line does not change the facts in the post — facts that you are unable to refute, as always. This is why you constantly have to inject your strawmen, your red herrings, your abuse, and why you have to resort to call people trolls when they prove you completely wrong in everything you say.

So yes, please stop trolling and start responding to the arguments and the facts.

The simple fact remains: there is no reason for the OP to get his SP back.
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#270 - 2012-05-09 21:02:21 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Politeness loses an argument that I am not actually having? ... I fear for your safety.

You would make an excellent politician sir. Your skill at obfuscation, double talk and the ability to converse without ever saying anything of value is of a fairly high standard. It is also a sign of a weak mind.

Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#271 - 2012-05-09 21:10:10 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

When dumb whine threads go to 14 pages, everybody loses.
Whitehound
#272 - 2012-05-09 21:11:44 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
People cannot refuse someone their right to voice a complaint here on the forum.
…which no-one is doing. Well, you kind of are, but I'm talking about the rest of us.

And you are no longer talking about the topic.

I will check the thread tomorrow if any of you fools have more to say on the topic.

Andrey Wartooth
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#273 - 2012-05-09 21:14:57 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Andrey Wartooth wrote:

Tippia wrote:

Cutter Isaacson wrote:
My dear chap ...

These are not opinions.
Quote:
See, this could be a valid observation, but people in this thread have repeated stated that they would be MORE sympathetic to the OP if she were trying to scam with contracts and was having difficulty.

Instead the OP insists that her contract dealings are totally legit, which makes her complaints very odd, considering the fact that nothing major has changed as far as her ability to sell faction mods.

You know what? Never mind. You aren't going to get it, either because you can't or, more likely, you don't want to because you would be admitting to being wrong.
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#274 - 2012-05-09 21:15:28 UTC
I think he's given up Tippia, it seems he ran out of illogical statements at last.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#275 - 2012-05-09 21:18:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Whitehound wrote:
I'm trying to, but you keep refusing to respond to the points being made about the topic because they prove you as wrong as you always are about everything you ever say, and you refuse to admit this embarrassing truth. So how about you do that, or at least try (and ultimately fail) to argue the case instead of being evasive and spewing fallacies all over the place?

Oh and…
Quote:
I will check the thread tomorrow if any of you fools have more to say on the topic.
No more needs to be said until you start addressing what has already been brought up. Until you do, the facts remain the same: there is no reason for the OP to get his SP back.
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#276 - 2012-05-10 05:51:33 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
I'm trying to, but you keep refusing to respond to the points being made about the topic because they prove you as wrong as you always are about everything you ever say, and you refuse to admit this embarrassing truth. So how about you do that, or at least try (and ultimately fail) to argue the case instead of being evasive and spewing fallacies all over the place?

Oh and…
Quote:
No more needs to be said until you start addressing what has already been brought up. Until you do, the facts remain the same: there is no reason for the OP to get his SP back.

One very good reason, called good customer service!! Everyone seems to miss this point.
Andrey Wartooth
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#277 - 2012-05-10 05:54:54 UTC
Gay Mafia Princess wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:

Oh and…
Quote:

One very good reason, called good customer service!! Everyone seems to miss this point.

Good customer service doesn't mean giving the customer everything they want.
Andrey Wartooth
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#278 - 2012-05-10 05:56:18 UTC
Princess, why don't you tell everyone why exactly the addition of faction items to the market causes problems for you. I bet then we could figure out what the problem is and CCP might be more willing to help you.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#279 - 2012-05-10 05:56:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Gay Mafia Princess wrote:
One very good reason, called good customer service!
Except that you're not asking for customer service — you're asking to be allowed to bypass game mechanics. That's something normally labelled “an exploit”, and makes for pretty much the most awful customer disservice imaginable.

You have given absolutely no reason why any such service should be rendered to you.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#280 - 2012-05-10 05:57:08 UTC
ADAPT OR CRY