These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want my SP refunded

First post
Author
Shian Yang
#201 - 2012-05-08 06:01:36 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
She's been asked too many times to count about how this disrupts her totally legit business practices and she just ignores the question.

Greetings capsuleer Davion,

Moreover, I have just managed to check the Jita market. For a specific Deadspace item (I've checked 3 so far) there are currently 8 open contracts wanting to sell them. Prices range from 153 to 160 million ISK. There are 12 on the market ranging up to 170 million ISK.

I see people are still using Contracts, despite what capsuleer Whitehound and the princess have tried to say. I agree, seeing a proper, full explanation of how this has impacted and why it is causing problems would help judge the case. Because as things stand now it is complete rubbish.

Regards,

Shian Yang
Zoloft Rx
Forged Prophets
#202 - 2012-05-08 06:04:53 UTC
It seems damn fair to me if skills that increase contract orders are reimbursed for skills that allow increased market orders. As long as it equal quantity of orders... which may not be the case when it comes to skill leveling.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#203 - 2012-05-08 06:14:49 UTC
Gay Mafia Princess wrote:
I don't think my request is the equivalent of asking for a car for a dollar, idiot. All I want is the sp that I invested in Corporate contracting back.
…and since there is no reason to give you that SP back, you fall quite squarely into that “customer is wrong” category.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#204 - 2012-05-08 06:21:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Lapine Davion
I'm willing to bet Princess has never worked in retail before. There you learn pretty quickly that "The Customer is always right." really means telling the customer they are absolutely wrong in the nicest possible way.

Edit: Oh god, oh god, why did I say bed? I did not mean bed, oh god this is a Freudian slip

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#205 - 2012-05-08 06:24:04 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
I'm willing to bed Princess has never worked in retail before. There you learn pretty quickly that "The Customer is always right." really means telling the customer they are absolutely wrong in the nicest possible way.

unless you have an ******* manager that reverses your decision and makes the customer right after you've spent 20 minutes or more explaining that no, this is against our policy. And you, in fact, are right, and the customer was indeed wrong.

lol....

not sure if I'd be willing to bed Princess....
Lapine Davion
#206 - 2012-05-08 06:25:12 UTC
Himnos Altar wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
I'm willing to bed Princess has never worked in retail before. There you learn pretty quickly that "The Customer is always right." really means telling the customer they are absolutely wrong in the nicest possible way.

unless you have an ******* manager that reverses your decision and makes the customer right after you've spent 20 minutes or more explaining that no, this is against our policy. And you, in fact, are right, and the customer was indeed wrong.

lol....

not sure if I'd be willing to bed Princess....

I've had this happen too. Ugh, I wanted to strangle that guy so bad.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Karadion Kohlar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#207 - 2012-05-08 06:27:26 UTC
The Customer Is Right only applies AFTER the parties have agreed to the terms made at payment. Since I'm an Network Technician IRL, the customers will not get crap out of me until they've agreed to the terms that I've set forth against them and then they will get 100% of my services rendered unto them. It is then that the customer is right ONLY IF I have failed to uphold any of my part of the obligations unto them.
Lapine Davion
#208 - 2012-05-08 06:28:34 UTC
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
The Customer Is Right only applies AFTER the parties have agreed to the terms made at payment. Since I'm an Network Technician IRL, the customers will not get crap out of me until they've agreed to the terms that I've set forth against them and then they will get 100% of my services rendered unto them. It is then that the customer is right ONLY IF I have failed to uphold any of my part of the obligations unto them.

In other words, "The customer can always get ******."

Karadion Kohlar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#209 - 2012-05-08 06:30:24 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Karadion Kohlar wrote:

In other words, "The customer can always get ******."

That's one way to put it.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#210 - 2012-05-08 06:36:46 UTC
the funny part is that he's whining about "wasting" skillpoints training a rank 3 skill to V

I have corporate contracting IV on 3 different characters and that's a good 120 slots

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#211 - 2012-05-08 06:40:22 UTC
Andski wrote:
the funny part is that he's whining about "wasting" skillpoints training a rank 3 skill to V
That's 768k skill points (plus another 45k for Contracting) that really eat into the 900k you get from your free clone, you know… Blink
Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#212 - 2012-05-08 07:24:55 UTC
I am glad of the changes. No SP for YOOOOOOO

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Whitehound
#213 - 2012-05-08 09:06:21 UTC
Tippia wrote:
No, open trades are active. Having more of them available is good, because you can react to the market that much faster.

These are not trades. They are only open contracts (on a dead market).

Tippia wrote:
They are better for one type of trading; contracts are better for a different kind. Someone who used to only be able to trade on one of those markets can now trade on both and gain the benefits of both.

Like what? Be more specific, do not feed the OP with vague comments. OP and others want to know what they shall do with their corporation contracts now that the market is dead.

Tippia wrote:
By selling things through contracts, obviously.

What things?

OP's claim is still valid. Maybe you can help her by telling her what she can use the contracts for.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#214 - 2012-05-08 14:24:13 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Tippia wrote:
No, open trades are active. Having more of them available is good, because you can react to the market that much faster.

These are not trades. They are only open contracts (on a dead market).

Tippia wrote:
They are better for one type of trading; contracts are better for a different kind. Someone who used to only be able to trade on one of those markets can now trade on both and gain the benefits of both.

Like what? Be more specific, do not feed the OP with vague comments. OP and others want to know what they shall do with their corporation contracts now that the market is dead.

Tippia wrote:
By selling things through contracts, obviously.

What things?

OP's claim is still valid. Maybe you can help her by telling her what she can use the contracts for.

You mean like inter corp/inter alliance contracts?
You mean like private contracts of all types?
You mean like putting your item up for sale (via contract) and having it viewable by all of EVE instead of just one area?
You mean like the ability to have an auction and sell to the highest bidder, instead of being -.01 Isked to death?
You mean like retaining the ability to make courier contracts to move all manner of goods without risk?

Just to name a few.

If the skill remains functional in game, and the person made use of it previously, they got their time/money's worth out of it.

Opening the door to "I want to do something different now, so let me cash in these skills I have and spend the points on something diffferent now" devalues training decisions for everyone... essentially making those decisions worthless.

No.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ban Bindy
Bindy Brothers Pottery Association
True Reign
#215 - 2012-05-08 14:29:42 UTC
So sorry for your loss. Eve will be weaker without your smelly contracts. Never mind that most of the player base wants faction mods on the market.
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#216 - 2012-05-08 15:52:56 UTC
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
I'll save you guys the time to read this thread.

Cliffs:
Gay Mafia Princess wants CCP to reimburse contract skillpoints although A) Contracts has not changed 1 bit B) He wants to contract scam with faction mods and that puts a dent in his scamming business

His logic is that CCP somehow changed contracts (again it has not) therefore CCP must reimburse SP's for contracts.

Ergo he's being a baby. No one in this thread agrees with him.

Edit: Disregard above post. He's 100% scamming. Why? He/she/it refuses to answer the question of how this affects their "legitimate" business.

Must be Americans, really hate this if you don't say something or give us all the information you must be doing something wrong mentality. Grow up idiot.
Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#217 - 2012-05-08 16:03:25 UTC
Came here expecting tears and rage.. Left very satisfied!
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#218 - 2012-05-08 16:17:46 UTC
If they are going to institute major changes then players should be given the option of having the sp returned. Fair is fair.
God are you stupid !!! Whoever said, life or EVE is fair? Things change, shut up already, go play somethig else...
Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#219 - 2012-05-08 16:23:59 UTC
Yes i demand the Universal Service charge that came into effect a few years ago, be abolished. It is taking at least 300-400 euro a month from my pay check.. Because of this change it is effecting my real life ISK making!

I to demand my real life ISK refunded!
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#220 - 2012-05-08 16:42:57 UTC
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
I'll save you guys the time to read this thread.

Cliffs:
Gay Mafia Princess wants CCP to reimburse contract skillpoints although A) Contracts has not changed 1 bit B) He wants to contract scam with faction mods and that puts a dent in his scamming business

His logic is that CCP somehow changed contracts (again it has not) therefore CCP must reimburse SP's for contracts.

Ergo he's being a baby. No one in this thread agrees with him.

Edit: Disregard above post. He's 100% scamming. Why? He/she/it refuses to answer the question of how this affects their "legitimate" business.

Must be Americans, really hate this if you don't say something or give us all the information you must be doing something wrong mentality. Grow up idiot.

It's a fair question, I too find it hard to understand why you deserve a refund in SP (which would really open the floodgates for the SP reallocation can of worms) because you haven't clearly stated what it is that you were doing with this skill and why it is that the changes mean you cant do whatever it is you were doing.

Please could you state it clearly, as I don't use the contracts system too much and i may not understand everything.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.