These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want my SP refunded

First post
Author
Shian Yang
#181 - 2012-05-08 01:54:07 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Shian Yang wrote:
That is a blatant lie.

You can still trade these items through Contracts.

Even in The Forge region they are traded through Contract. At least hey were approximately 16 hours ago when one of my co-pilots bid on a few of those contracts, set up a few for purchasing and offered a number for sale.

Regards,

Shian Yang

Nobody does. The market is breaking away and everyone is going to the much more convenient market orders. Contracts are also know for scams and kept people away.

Greetings capsuleer Whitehound,

Repeating the same lies will not validate your point.

Regards,

Shian Yang
Whitehound
#182 - 2012-05-08 02:00:51 UTC
Tippia wrote:
No. Those players can now trade with these items on the market as well as on contracts. As an added bonus, they can now have more open trades going on than before.

No. There will be not more trades. The number of players did not grow nor are there now more items to trade with. The market is split into two. What is the benefit if this? It has gotten more messy.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Whitehound
#183 - 2012-05-08 02:02:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
Shian Yang wrote:

Repeating the same lies will not validate your point.

Regards,

Shian Yang

I then suggest you stop repeating them. And get yourself checked for narcissism.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Shian Yang
#184 - 2012-05-08 02:06:05 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
I then suggest you stop repeating them. And get yourself checked for narcissism.

Why should I have myself checked when you are deliberately lying to and misleading other capsuleers? I am specifically referring to this:

"Nobody does."

There are contracts for those items. Somebody does.

Regards,

Shian Yang
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#185 - 2012-05-08 02:11:48 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
No. There will be not more trades.
So? They can still have more open trades going than before, because that's one of the mechanical differences between the two markets.

Quote:
What is the benefit if this?
The benefit is that the market becomes more efficient, more consistent, and more logical (and it has additional benefits outside of the market as well). It also allows for a much clearer distinction between different trading use cases, removing the mess and inconsistency that was the mix-and-match between what items could randomly be sold where for no apparent reason (although there's admittedly a fair amount of stuff that remains to be done in that area).
NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#186 - 2012-05-08 02:14:31 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
Now your jumping down their throats assuming that the contract system is going to remain the same indefinately. THAT is my point right there. You are jumping to a conclusion that isn't a conclusion. You don't freaking know. For all we know its in the works. There is NO REASON currently that CCP should hand out free SP to everyone. IF you have proof that the Contracts are remaining the same then post it other, I again say, your arguement is invalid. Do your damn homework ffs....

So what can you offer other than a vague future and a tear on homework?

Reason, something you are obviously lacking. I am looking at the current facts. You are basing your ideals on the wild illusion that CCP doesn't fix problems. Its not a "vague" future. CCP doesn't have to throw every little development idea or workings at the population of players. Its a waste of both our time and theirs. When something is done or close to completion OR mid way, they announce it. They will let us know if this current "problem" is fixed in time. That fact that people are this impatient sickens me.
All you have shown is that your a bigot, incapable of seeing the bigger picture.
Whitehound
#187 - 2012-05-08 02:18:49 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
No. There will be not more trades.
So? They can still have more open trades going than before, because that's one of the mechanical differences between the two markets.

Quote:
What is the benefit if this?
The benefit is that the market becomes more efficient, more consistent, and more logical (and it has additional benefits outside of the market as well). It also allows for a much clearer distinction between different trading use cases, removing the mess and inconsistency that was the mix-and-match between what items could randomly be sold where for no apparent reason (although there's admittedly a fair amount of stuff that remains to be done in that area).

Open trades are dead trades. With market buy orders do I not have to put all the ISKs up for example. Market orders are simply better.

And please give some examples of these benefits. It sounds somewhat hypothetical the way you describe it. I am sure everyone would love to know how they can still profit from the contract skills after the change.

Whitehound
#188 - 2012-05-08 02:20:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
NosceTeIpsum wrote:
All you have shown is that your a bigot, incapable of seeing the bigger picture.

Yes, some first tears in this thread. It was about friggin' time!!!

PS: Going to bed. Thanks.

Oberus MacKenzie
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#189 - 2012-05-08 02:23:10 UTC
First off, there are as many "injections" for clinical narcissism as there are reasons to suspect it of Yang. FYI, that is 0.

More to the point, this has IMPROVED the market, not nerfed it. Contracts was one giant mess of scams and individual modules thrown up into a system that was too easily manipulated by an individual person. Many of the modules restricted to the contracts system had their pricing controlled by an individual or small group of players. A lot like the tech moons... Evil **nudges CCP**
Putting those individual items into the market (where pricing can be tracked, by the way) makes the contracts system cleaner and more appropriate for its original purpose: to sell groups of items as one unit. This is also an obvious piece of CCP's plan to widen the ISK sink involving taxes and pull ISK out of the game before the economy completely collapses.

The skillpoints aren't useless. Use them to create contracts for your alliance. That's what they were for in the first place.
NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#190 - 2012-05-08 02:27:31 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
NosceTeIpsum wrote:

Yes, some first tears in this thread. It was about friggin' time!!!

Delusional too... sad
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#191 - 2012-05-08 02:31:28 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Open trades are dead trades.
No, open trades are active. Having more of them available is good, because you can react to the market that much faster.
Quote:
With market buy orders do I not have to put all the ISKs up for example. Market orders are simply better.
They are better for one type of trading; contracts are better for a different kind. Someone who used to only be able to trade on one of those markets can now trade on both and gain the benefits of both.
Quote:
And please give some examples of these benefits.
You mean the benefits I just listed? Yes, they are some examples of benefits… that's why I listed them.
Quote:
I am sure everyone would love to know how they can still profit from the contract skills after the change.
By selling things through contracts, obviously.
Shian Yang
#192 - 2012-05-08 02:56:16 UTC
Whitehound wrote:

So this was all trolling? I will be sending you a contract for reimbursement of my time.

Regards,

Shian Yang
Karadion Kohlar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#193 - 2012-05-08 03:30:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Karadion Kohlar
Whitehound wrote:
And please give some examples of these benefits. It sounds somewhat hypothetical the way you describe it. I am sure everyone would love to know how they can still profit from the contract skills after the change.

Selling fitted ships to your alliance/corporation in war zones for a pretty profit. The GoonSwarm Federation takes advantage of this at a station wherever we are basing out of.
Trollin
Perkone
Caldari State
#194 - 2012-05-08 04:00:33 UTC
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:
Darth Tickles wrote:
a personalized apology from the CEO.

we actually got one of those it just took ppl leaving the game...
Which should teach ppl, if you want anything done, quit in droves

what do you think the recession is? its a generation of john galts. if they want us to pay their healthcare and retirement with our taxes they are going to be getting some damn ****** healthcare amirite?

We are our own worst enemy.

Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#195 - 2012-05-08 05:17:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Himnos Altar
Gay Mafia Princess wrote:
I am a customer, customer is always right. Why? Because without customers there is no business.

That's a customer service philosophy, not a Fact, you moron. Otherwise you'd have people buying cars for two cents.

There are times when customers are just ******* idiots, just like there are times that the company/employees can be. You can't treat your customers like the idiots they are, however (unless you have an AWESOME job), so you treat them like they're right, while you're explaining that they're wrong/explaining policies/suggest alternatives (all of which have been gone through at length in this thread). But at the end of the day, the customer is still wrong.

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.
Gay Mafia Princess
Doomheim
#196 - 2012-05-08 05:21:00 UTC
Himnos Altar wrote:
I am a customer, customer is always right. Why? Because without customers there is no business.

That's a customer service philosophy, not a Fact, you moron. Otherwise you'd have people buying cars for two cents.

There are times when customers are just ******* idiots, just like there are times that the company/employees can be. You can't treat your customers like the idiots they are, however (unless you have an AWESOME job), so you treat them like they're right, while you're explaining that they're wrong/explaining policies/suggest alternatives (all of which have been gone through at length in this thread). But at the end of the day, the customer is still wrong.

I don't think my request is the equivalent of asking for a car for a dollar, idiot. All I want is the sp that I invested in Corporate contracting back.
Karadion Kohlar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#197 - 2012-05-08 05:28:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Karadion Kohlar
Himnos Altar wrote:

I don't think my request is the equivalent of asking for a car for a dollar, idiot. All I want is the sp that I invested in Corporate contracting back.

They changed nothing about that aspect of the game hence no SP will be reimbursed, baby.

But I can already predict what you are going to say which is still irrelevant.

Give me an actual example of how this affects your trade practices.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#198 - 2012-05-08 05:33:59 UTC
Himnos Altar wrote:

No,because the logs show nothing. Moving on....
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#199 - 2012-05-08 05:41:38 UTC
Himnos Altar wrote:

actually it is.

except you're asking to get Y amount of Plexes back (during which time you played), effectively.

I figure this by SP roughly equals playtime (give/take SP/hr depending on your stats). SO, you're asking for time that you already paid for BACK, despite the time that you ALREADY played it.

So in asking for X amount of SP back, you're asking for Y (and whatever fraction/decimal thereof) Plexes back. But you already PLAYED in that time (since CCP nerfed Ghost Training years back).

You always (unless seller is stupid) pay for time that the training took. For examples, Character Bazaar is that way ->
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#200 - 2012-05-08 05:50:39 UTC
She's been asked too many times to count about how this disrupts her totally legit business practices and she just ignores the question.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]