These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP employees must be removed from the game.

First post
Author
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#521 - 2012-05-10 19:42:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Quote:
Discussion of this case and the evidence presented is all over this forum.


You do realize, that depending on the nature of the petition, a response within minutes is not that uncommon.

I have had personal petitions (concerning stuck issues or an exploit) and been part of larger group (fleet battle based) petitions that have received equally fast results. I have also had to wait a couple of weeks for a response for other issues.

It all depends on the nature of the petition.

Most people understand this. Most people also understand that all things "Burn Jita" related were being monitored closely for issues, both for player problems/issues and to make sure that no game breaking bugs surfaced.

Not being able to wrap your head around these very simple facts is a far cry from being some sort of "evidence" of favoritism or misconduct.

Edit: Yes, this thread has more than run it's course.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#522 - 2012-05-10 19:45:46 UTC
If you are known, you get petitions answered faster.

If I petition on Mr Epeen instead of one of my less known characters, it gets answered faster and is more likely actually read than auto-answered.

So it stands to reason that if I had a name like 'The Mittani', for instance, anything I petition will be noticed almost immediately and jumped to the front of the queue. It's just the way people are. They are attracted to the familiar. GMs included.

No tin foil. Just an observation on common human behavior. The tinfoil will come out when the sputtering denials start coming out in barred posts.

Mr Epeen Cool
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#523 - 2012-05-10 19:46:35 UTC
If CCP didn't play EVE we would not have had the corp bookmarks update. This thread is pointless. Only an idiot would expect a game company to NOT play their own game. A more logical and braindead common sense approach would be to request heavier policing of CCP accounts. Then again this entire thread is based on conjecture and there is absolutely no fact behind the OP's reasoning for making this thread.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#524 - 2012-05-10 19:47:41 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
If you are known, you get petitions answered faster.

If I petition on Mr Epeen instead of one of my less known characters, it gets answered faster and is more likely actually read than auto-answered.

So it stands to reason that if I had a name like 'The Mittani', for instance, anything I petition will be noticed almost immediately and jumped to the front of the queue. It's just the way people are. They are attracted to the familiar. GMs included.

No tin foil. Just an observation on common human behavior. The tinfoil will come out when the sputtering denials start coming out in barred posts.

Mr Epeen Cool


You do realize that petitions are sorted into ques based on different categories before people even look at them right? Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#525 - 2012-05-10 19:52:14 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
If you are known, you get petitions answered faster.

If I petition on Mr Epeen instead of one of my less known characters, it gets answered faster and is more likely actually read than auto-answered.

So it stands to reason that if I had a name like 'The Mittani', for instance, anything I petition will be noticed almost immediately and jumped to the front of the queue. It's just the way people are. They are attracted to the familiar. GMs included.

No tin foil. Just an observation on common human behavior. The tinfoil will come out when the sputtering denials start coming out in barred posts.

Mr Epeen Cool


You do realize that petitions are sorted into ques based on different categories before people even look at them right? Smile


As soon as I hit post, I knew I would see this almost immediately. Of course I know. And of course I am not comparing apples and oranges. I am basing it on response times from my own experience when submitting similar claims on different characters.

Mr Epeen Cool
Andrey Wartooth
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#526 - 2012-05-10 19:53:47 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
If you are known, you get petitions answered faster.

If I petition on Mr Epeen instead of one of my less known characters, it gets answered faster and is more likely actually read than auto-answered.

So it stands to reason that if I had a name like 'The Mittani', for instance, anything I petition will be noticed almost immediately and jumped to the front of the queue. It's just the way people are. They are attracted to the familiar. GMs included.

No tin foil. Just an observation on common human behavior. The tinfoil will come out when the sputtering denials start coming out in barred posts.

Mr Epeen Cool


You do realize that petitions are sorted into ques based on different categories before people even look at them right? Smile


As soon as I hit post, I knew I would see this almost immediately. Of course I know. And of course I am not comparing apples and oranges. I am basing it on response times from my own experience when submitting similar claims on different characters.

Mr Epeen Cool


I know I've had some petitions that are answered within a few minutes to a few hours, and I've had some petitions answered within a few weeks. It all depends on what it is filed under. It's just like calling in to a call center, if there isn't a huge queue you get to someone faster.
michael boltonIII
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#527 - 2012-05-10 19:55:09 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
If you are known, you get petitions answered faster.

If I petition on Mr Epeen instead of one of my less known characters, it gets answered faster and is more likely actually read than auto-answered.

So it stands to reason that if I had a name like 'The Mittani', for instance, anything I petition will be noticed almost immediately and jumped to the front of the queue. It's just the way people are. They are attracted to the familiar. GMs included.

No tin foil. Just an observation on common human behavior. The tinfoil will come out when the sputtering denials start coming out in barred posts.

Mr Epeen Cool


The shocking part is that nobody actually knows who you are.
Andrey Wartooth
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#528 - 2012-05-10 19:55:53 UTC
michael boltonIII wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
If you are known, you get petitions answered faster.

If I petition on Mr Epeen instead of one of my less known characters, it gets answered faster and is more likely actually read than auto-answered.

So it stands to reason that if I had a name like 'The Mittani', for instance, anything I petition will be noticed almost immediately and jumped to the front of the queue. It's just the way people are. They are attracted to the familiar. GMs included.

No tin foil. Just an observation on common human behavior. The tinfoil will come out when the sputtering denials start coming out in barred posts.

Mr Epeen Cool


The shocking part is that nobody actually knows who you are.


He's a guy who personally signs each and every post with his name, so people can be sure it is him.
Wyke Mossari
Staner Industries
#529 - 2012-05-10 19:58:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Wyke Mossari
Earlier I named the wrong GM, that was an honest mistake of faulty memory on my part. I've removed the incorrect name from my original post and apologies unreservedly to the wrongly implicated GM.

CCP Sreegs wrote:

Quote:

I especially like the 15 minute response time for Goon petitions.

Discussion of this case and the evidence presented is all over this forum.


The IA email address which has been linked repeatedly is the perfect place for this post.


That is one issue where IA could have been pro-active would have settled any reasonable players concerns.

All it would take would be to say something like :

Quote:
This (will be/has been) investigated and there (is / is not) any connection between the Goons and GM who handled the petition and appropriate action has been/will be taken.
souldam
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#530 - 2012-05-10 20:04:05 UTC  |  Edited by: souldam
Dont lisson to him he is a wow spy and wants all your gold for his sick pony p0rn!! they made it so we can make players cry the other side of the worldBig smile So long live ccp and fuk all of you trolls who qustion ccp Twisted
Andrey Wartooth
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#531 - 2012-05-10 20:05:37 UTC
Wyke Mossari wrote:
Earlier I named the wrong GM, that was an honest mistake of faulty memory on my part. I've removed the incorrect name from my original post and apologies unreservedly to the wrongly implicated GM.

CCP Sreegs wrote:

Quote:

I especially like the 15 minute response time for Goon petitions.

Discussion of this case and the evidence presented is all over this forum.


The IA email address which has been linked repeatedly is the perfect place for this post.


That is one issue where IA could have being pro-active would have settled any reasonable players concerns.

All it would take would be to say something like

Quote:
This (will be/has been) investigated and there (is / is not) any connection between the Goons and GM who handled the petition and appropriate action has been/will be taken.


Well see, legally I'd imagine that issues such as this are private. the IA Dept may not even be able to acknowledge that there is an investigation going on.
Cutout Man
Doomheim
#532 - 2012-05-10 20:13:28 UTC
CCP Sreegs wrote:
Our employees and their careers are not part of your forum game and are off limits. That's the point. It's one thing to make a post like "JESUS GOONS ARE ALL DEVS". That's a terrible post but within the limits. "CCP Sreegs is running an RMT operation on the side and also runs a meth lab" is not. Does that make sense? It's not even a matter of what I do or don't like it's a matter of our employees right to not have our forum used to damage their individual and very real personal reputations or standing in their respective communities.

Neither your employees nor your careers are in any danger. Talk about overblown. IA is there for that, right? Aren't they taking care of things? Can't we rely on them to find and root out all wrongdoing? If IA says its all good, then everyone else is just running their mouth, right? Further, these aren't accusations against real people... unless your name is really CCP Sreegs. Sreegs is an EVE character too, you know.

Frankly, as an ex (?) goon, I'd think you would have some better perspective on this. You don't think for one moment that anything you say will satisfy anyone making the accusations, do you? So why bother? If you're content to feed the trolls, you deserve what you get.

Here's what should have been said: "CCP [guy in charge of these things]-- We take potential cheating seriously. Cheating, by CCP employees or players, is unacceptable. Whenever we find a cheater, we take immediate steps to remove that person from the game or company and fix any problems they may have caused. If you have specific accusations, proof of any kind, or questions about activities that might potentially be cheating, please file a petition and include [relevant specifics]. CCP does not respond to vague accusations, conspiracy theories, or unsubtantiated statements about player or employee misconduct. All petitions will be reviewed carefully and, when appropriate, actions taken. Posts that make unsubstantiated accusations about CCP employees or other players will be removed and added to an Internal Affairs petition for further review."

Post it once on each page of the thread or lock the thread already.
Shandir
Indigo Archive
#533 - 2012-05-10 20:17:30 UTC
CCP Sreegs wrote:

Would you like an investigation to happen or would you prefer to just make posts on the internet? If you want an investigation to happen then you can send your issue to IA. Would that I could simply query the magical answer to every question ever asked on the spot database and spit one out for you, but I cannot. The forums are also not the place for this and I encourage you to check out the TOS.


I think you know by this point you're just feeding the troll/moron. Time to lock the thread and go have a laugh about this with the guys a few desks over.
Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#534 - 2012-05-10 20:27:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Eternum Praetorian
From a personal standpoint, I really don't care if Goon(dot), BOB(dot) or anyone else out there has CCP in their leadership. It is there game and it really does not effect my game in the slightest...




But what kind of frosts my hiney... is the incessant insistence that they are NOT there at all (even after certain historical events demonstrated that CCP employes had, once, in the past, effected the game directly with their dev powers) They most certainly are there, they have always been there and they have always been tied to the biggest and baddest alliances of the time. That is not to say that devs made said alliances great, it is only to say that they were attracted to that arena for reasons only known to them. The presence of a dev does not instantly infer misconduct as the forum trolls would have you believe.


& ATM, the biggest and most influential alliance in the game is basically goon(dot).




...




So to say "We dev's are not giving players an unfair advantage, and we are not allowed to talk about our presence in game"

is one thing...


But to flat out deny that there are any DEV's in leadership roles throughout eve online (FC roles, manufacturing roles or whatever roles) inside of major player run null sec alliances like goon(dot) and friends is complete and utter bunk. You should not be able to talk about it at all, and that means that you should not be able to confirm or deny it in any way shape or form.


The only valid answer that you should be able to give us is this Arrow"Yes there could be dev's in said role. It is possible and not against the EULA... but we are not allowed to discuss it and I cannot confirm or deny whether or not their are at present. ".



...




The potential is there and the possibility is there, but more pressing is the history of EVE Online which shows us that the likely hood of there being devs in said roles is greater then them not being there. This does not mean that misconduct is the inevitable outcome, but on the flip side to that people are only human at the end of the day. So yes, they are there. Yes, we know that they are there, and YES it is OK THAT THEY ARE THERE.


Just don't try and tell us that they can't/won't/will never be there, because that is just blah blah.

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

Silly Slot
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#535 - 2012-05-10 20:31:01 UTC
michael boltonIII wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
If you are known, you get petitions answered faster.

If I petition on Mr Epeen instead of one of my less known characters, it gets answered faster and is more likely actually read than auto-answered.

So it stands to reason that if I had a name like 'The Mittani', for instance, anything I petition will be noticed almost immediately and jumped to the front of the queue. It's just the way people are. They are attracted to the familiar. GMs included.

No tin foil. Just an observation on common human behavior. The tinfoil will come out when the sputtering denials start coming out in barred posts.

Mr Epeen Cool


The shocking part is that nobody actually knows who you are.


who the hell is Mr. Epeen? Seriously your "known" lol, seriously

Someone lock this idiotic thread, if you have concerns about CCP playing the game and cheating etc, message CCP's IA department i mean wtf is forum trolling going to do


LOCK THE THREAD ALREADY
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#536 - 2012-05-10 20:31:54 UTC
I guess the question that would be nice for someone to answer is:

Are there any CCP employees that play the game that are NOT involved or associated with GOONS and if so, are they in a High-Sec only corp? Would they publicly admit or endorse that player corporation? Is there anyone within CCP who is anti-goon?

I'd have to say that most likely the answer to this is a big NO. Otherwise, you would have heard about it by now. I've never heard of a single accusation that DEVS are involved with any other corps or alliances other than the BOB stories from years ago.

Certainly there are other large alliances that are enemies of GOONS that could make for some great gameplay for the devs if they chose to fight against them. But that wouldn't happen because of the "watch the world burn" mentality that the GOONS have and I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, that they would protest the GM/DEV's involvement against them, and would might even try to pull a "everyone in the alliance threat to quit" card to get their way.

So really that's the lingering question. Why do the DEVs choose to get involved with GOONs rather than GOON enemies? And if there are, where are they? Why are they hiding in the shadows in regards to that but not the other way around?

Would a CCP Dev ever help a large alliance fight GOONs toward their final days?

Anyways, food for thought I guess.
CCP Sreegs
CCP Retirement Home
#537 - 2012-05-10 20:35:06 UTC
Wyke Mossari wrote:
Earlier I named the wrong GM, that was an honest mistake of faulty memory on my part. I've removed the incorrect name from my original post and apologies unreservedly to the wrongly implicated GM.

CCP Sreegs wrote:

Quote:

I especially like the 15 minute response time for Goon petitions.

Discussion of this case and the evidence presented is all over this forum.


The IA email address which has been linked repeatedly is the perfect place for this post.


That is one issue where IA could have been pro-active would have settled any reasonable players concerns.

All it would take would be to say something like :

Quote:
This (will be/has been) investigated and there (is / is not) any connection between the Goons and GM who handled the petition and appropriate action has been/will be taken.


IA doesn't trawl the forums looking for posts like this which shouldn't exist. You have to send an email. You will get a response.

"Sreegs has juuust edged out Soundwave as my favourite dev." - Meita Way 2012

Andrey Wartooth
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#538 - 2012-05-10 20:36:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Andrey Wartooth
arcca jeth wrote:
I guess the question that would be nice for someone to answer is:

Are there any CCP employees that play the game that are NOT involved or associated with GOONS and if so, are they in a High-Sec only corp? Would they publicly admit or endorse that player corporation? Is there anyone within CCP who is anti-goon?

I'd have to say that most likely the answer to this is a big NO. Otherwise, you would have heard about it by now. I've never heard of a single accusation that DEVS are involved with any other corps or alliances other than the BOB stories from years ago.

Certainly there are other large alliances that are enemies of GOONS that could make for some great gameplay for the devs if they chose to fight against them. But that wouldn't happen because of the "watch the world burn" mentality that the GOONS have and I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, that they would protest the GM/DEV's involvement against them, and would might even try to pull a "everyone in the alliance threat to quit" card to get their way.

So really that's the lingering question. Why do the DEVs choose to get involved with GOONs rather than GOON enemies? And if there are, where are they? Why are they hiding in the shadows in regards to that but not the other way around?

Would a CCP Dev ever help a large alliance fight GOONs toward their final days?

Anyways, food for thought I guess.


Why do you throw this out when you don't have any evidence of it?

CCP Devs shouldn't be helping or hindering anyone.

Edit: Except the entire playerbase.
HVAC Repairman
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#539 - 2012-05-10 20:39:46 UTC
because rationality and constructive thought is too much to ask for on eve-o
Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#540 - 2012-05-10 20:46:04 UTC
CCP Sreegs wrote:
Wyke Mossari wrote:
CCP Sreegs wrote:

Our employee's right to not have random people on the internet use a public forum (least of all our own) to paint them as criminals, pedophiles, or any other in the gamut of accusations that have been tossed around, including in this thread, far outweighs anyone's right to be a jerk on the internet and to be completely honest I feel like I'm posting from some alternate reality to even have to make that statement.


Just because some people over play things, doesn't mean that the concerns of the more reasonable players are groundless.

Two recent examples that have certainly raised a few eye brows are Soundwave tendency to lock threads critical of Goons and the seemingly priority petition queue enjoyed by the Goons. My petitions always seem to take days or weeks to be answered I've certainly never had a petition answered in hours never mind minutes.

When allegations are made in most free western countries, the police (authorities) investigate and if necessary collect the evidence, not expect the public to do it. Internal Affairs needs to be more pro-active and seen to be so. However I don't believe that means the Dev should automatically loose their job, but lesser punishments for lesser transgression would make this less of all or nothing scenario. e.g. lose the Character in the alliance is appropriate for creating a conflict of interest by seeming to favour that alliance.



Nobody said IA doesn't collect evidence.



Dont know anything about that, what I do know is the track record to ban ppl that bring employee wrongdoings to light that you cant say their names on the forums 6 years later

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game