These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

WTF Mining Permit from Goonswarm??

Author
DredPirate Roberts
DredPirate Roberts Corp
#21 - 2012-05-03 14:43:36 UTC
If you pay it, you promote it. Resist Tyrany! There is a similar liscensing scam going in Teonusude. Stop mining durring the geddon event?
Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-05-03 14:49:17 UTC
Quote:

- Any indication of MACRO USAGE will void your request. Goonswarm Federation does not intend on supporting botters.

*snort* Bwahahaha! Oh my god! Aha hahahahahaha! Please...stop...I'm going to pee my pants here...hahahahahahaha!
"If."
Lyric Lahnder
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-05-03 15:00:14 UTC
If you pay this bill and think you wont get ganked...

Contact me.

I've got some ocean front property in Arizona Id like to sell you.

Noir. and Noir Academy are recruiting apply at www.noirmercs.com I Noir Academy: 60 days old must be able to fly at least one tech II frigate. I Noir. Recruits: 4:1 k/d ratio and can fly tech II cruisers.

Jastra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-05-03 15:01:17 UTC
Big smile
Blade M Howser
#25 - 2012-05-03 15:04:41 UTC
Wilma Shakespear wrote:
Just got that:

Quote:
Hulkageddon V Mining Permits
Von: Andski
Gesendet: 2012.05.03 11:34
An: Wilma Shakespear,

Greetings!

It appears that you were the unfortunate victim of a Hulkageddon gank. As you may have heard, Hulkageddon V has been ongoing since April 30th, and it is well-known that hundreds of Hulks are destroyed during these campaigns. Hulks are notoriously weak and the poor state of T2 hull insurance makes these ships extremely costly to lose for the victims, while extremely cheap to kill for the gankers.

This is where I come in. I am the Goonswarm Federation director in charge of managing the Hulkageddon campaign, and I deal with selling Mining Permits. The purchase of a Permit ensures that Hulkageddon participants do not target you - should they do so, any winnings they may claim are immediately void, and your loss will be FULLY reimbursed at current Jita prices!

To purchase a Mining Permit, send this character 250 million ISK with the reason "PERMIT" and you will shortly be listed under our exemptions list (characters that Hulkageddon participants must set blue for the duration of the campaign) and any Hulk losses you lose to suicide ganks throughout the remainder of the Hulkageddon campaign will be reimbursed, provided the following conditions:

- Any losses within 4 hours of payment will NOT be reimbursed. Wait 4 hours after payment before resuming your mining! The reason for this is that gankers have some leeway to keep their contacts up to date with that spreadsheet, and cannot be expected to continuously check it.
- The loss must be in HIGH SECURITY space (0.5 security or better!) No party on your killmail may have an active war declaration against your corporation/alliance or be a member of your corporation.
- Any indication of MACRO USAGE will void your request. Goonswarm Federation does not intend on supporting botters.
- Fraud will not be tolerated. Anyone suicide ganking their own Hulks to collect payouts through this plan will be denied payment.
- Only characters that send 250,000,000 ISK to "Andski" will be listed on the no-kill list! Alts are not covered, unless you send this character that same amount of ISK from those alts!

For reference, your character name will be listed on this exemption list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag0_cKv2BUAhdHI2NHU5YVY2eERqVU9GZnhVLUJRVVE

Happy mining!

im selling mining permits for only 175 million thats a 75 million isk savings with no gurantee your ship wont be ganked ..lmao
Ban Bindy
Bindy Brothers Pottery Association
True Reign
#26 - 2012-05-03 15:09:56 UTC
Whatever you do, don't argue with the GOON. It's their game, not yours. Anything they do is fine. Anything you do is wrong. That's the law of EVE. Just petition it and CCP will tell you so.

Pay the fine and GOON will gank you anyway, then laugh at you and talk about you at the next Fanfest.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#27 - 2012-05-03 15:15:12 UTC
Old scam is old.

The part about botting is simply hilarious.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Zyress
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-05-03 15:25:23 UTC
As Representative Robert Goodloe Harper of South Carolina said in 1798, "Millions for defense but not one penny for tribute".
Metal Icarus
Wraithguard.
The Wraithguard.
#29 - 2012-05-03 15:29:34 UTC
if anyone "buys" a mining permit from GS deserves to get a mining permit. Whereas GS will be permitted to mine your wallet.

Idiots
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#30 - 2012-05-03 15:31:20 UTC
Are they still wheeling out that old scam? Well I suppose if they spam it to enough mailboxes some mug will go for it.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Almox
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2012-05-03 15:32:23 UTC
Jastra wrote:
Big smile

BlinkLol
dave3NG
Finite Future
#32 - 2012-05-03 15:36:49 UTC
+1
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#33 - 2012-05-03 15:38:38 UTC
And why this isn't used as fuel for the boost hulk tank topics is beyond me....

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-05-03 15:56:30 UTC
Xython wrote:
Internet Lawyer Steve wrote:

Quote:

Von: Andski

Internet Lawyer Steve on the scene.....

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAA

Goons dont support botting...

HAHAHAHAHAAA

whatever..

And we don't. Botting, RMTing, and other douchie things are prohibited from even being discussed on Goonfleet services (forums, mumble, in game chat, etc). In addition, if we do find botters, they are free kills -- being blue won't protect them.

Can you say that about all the highsec industrial corps that are quite literally thriving on the backbone of botted minerals?

No?

Confirming: Goons are more ethical than Highsec Miner Pubbies.

I will remember that the next time i try to get someone to kill themselves
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Taawuz
League of Non-Aligned Worlds
#35 - 2012-05-03 16:08:16 UTC
Seems legit.
Plekto
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2012-05-03 16:18:35 UTC
Even if it is legit (this sort of "protection" scheme is as old as dirt), it's basically how mafias make their money.

The solution is to get a bigger gun. Hire it, fly it, whatever. Get some guns any way you can.
Xython
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-05-03 17:03:07 UTC
Karn Dulake wrote:
I will remember that the next time i try to get someone to kill themselves

You should probably join them. Make it a ritual double biomassing. But before you do, can I haz your stuff?

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2012-05-03 17:03:43 UTC
Ur235 wrote:
The exemption list is empty I wonder why :D

Because nobody has purchased a permit as of yet.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2012-05-03 17:10:08 UTC
I already received a death threat from this!

This is great!

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#40 - 2012-05-03 17:32:45 UTC
pay up and go back to afk mining without fear