These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Alliance LOGO's

Author
Roland Knighthawk
Nephite Tribe
#21 - 2011-09-15 21:39:45 UTC
ouch ... and I recall widot took grief by the comentators over not having a logo in the tourny (if I am not mistaken)
Aiwha
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#22 - 2011-09-15 21:52:30 UTC
S2N has been waiting quite awhile. So have TEST.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2011-09-15 21:55:02 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
Could alliance logos be considered as vanity items?

Definately... tag it with 100 000 aurums.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2011-09-15 22:05:29 UTC
Yeah Wildly Inappropriate's logo took over 2 years i think, then as soon as they got it they disbanded.

Whoever does the logo's at CCP needs to have more hours allocated to the task. This is important.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Barbara Nichole
Cryogenic Consultancy
#25 - 2011-09-16 00:45:27 UTC
Roland Knighthawk wrote:
It occured to me that if there are other Alliances waiting for Logos to be rolled out in-game, perhaps we could together motivate CCP to meet their obligations and implement Alliance Logos.

Please answere here and put your Alliance size. .... we are at about 250 pilots.

You mean a bribe? You know that might work.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Roland Knighthawk
Nephite Tribe
#26 - 2011-09-16 22:14:33 UTC
hmmm. .... that's so crazy, it just might work
Count Austheim
Redemption Denied
#27 - 2011-09-16 22:48:16 UTC
People like logos.

If this ships a´rockin, then im strangling someone....

http://count-austheim.blogspot.com

leich
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#28 - 2011-09-16 23:26:55 UTC
We Submitted our logo request moths ago.

We have been told that if it goes in it will only be with a major patch so that the Decmber update.

I wouldnt hold out much hope of getting any time before chrismas!
Roland Knighthawk
Nephite Tribe
#29 - 2011-09-16 23:42:06 UTC
Aw man ... but there is a bit of almost good news. .... In my weekly petition, I did get a response that gave me hope. .... there seems to be a potential window opening up in a few weeks (maybe I'll only have to write like 3 more petitons lol )
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#30 - 2011-09-17 00:09:14 UTC
The problem with the original WIdot logo was that CCP didn't want to put the logo into the game due to the possibility of copyrighted-material being displayed (the old pin-up girl was close enough in design to other pin-up girls that it could have been IP infringement to actually utilize it ingame). After fighting about that concluded, the logo submission for the neon girl took a lot less time to finally get ingame.

AND before Duke Nukem came out, so logo success.

Also, if you haven't noticed, the WIdot alliance isn't disbanded. We may not be in it right now, but its still there...lurking and waiting to post redheads come some special event or other.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

adopt
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2011-09-17 01:30:01 UTC
Lykouleon wrote:
The problem with the original WIdot logo was that CCP didn't want to put the logo into the game due to the possibility of copyrighted-material being displayed (the old pin-up girl was close enough in design to other pin-up girls that it could have been IP infringement to actually utilize it ingame). After fighting about that concluded, the logo submission for the neon girl took a lot less time to finally get ingame.

AND before Duke Nukem came out, so logo success.

Also, if you haven't noticed, the WIdot alliance isn't disbanded. We may not be in it right now, but its still there...lurking and waiting to post redheads come some special event or other.

Redhead dump for tomcat ♥ that thread, filled my fap folder
Roland Knighthawk
Nephite Tribe
#32 - 2011-09-18 03:42:58 UTC
yeah .. I know those folks get a lttle wiggy about infringement, but our artwork was commissioned to be origianal art work. I hope that's not the problem. ... they did say that we passed stage one which I assume covers potential copyright problems.
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#33 - 2011-09-18 04:03:35 UTC
Roland Knighthawk wrote:
yeah .. I know those folks get a lttle wiggy about infringement, but our artwork was commissioned to be origianal art work. I hope that's not the problem. ... they did say that we passed stage one which I assume covers potential copyright problems.

If its even close to being something similar to a copyrighted work, it'll probably be denied.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Previous page12