These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Not liking the items window changes

Author
Silly Slot
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#41 - 2012-05-03 16:03:52 UTC
yep theres a lot of complaints but In-dock and in-space persistent inventory locations and windows states would solve most peoples issues lol
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#42 - 2012-05-03 16:05:12 UTC
OK

I spend 5 minutes configuring my Items and Ships Windows and the Ships cargohold as I have had them for over 2 years.

Everything is fine.

I log off.

I log back in.

IT'S ALL BACK TO DEFAULT. Evil

I must spend time reconfiguring everything every single time I logon.

This is not working for me at all in any way whatsoever.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#43 - 2012-05-03 16:15:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
In Space.

Upon undocking and returning to station, the Ships/Inventory combined Window have become the Ship cargohold window, and the little Cargohold Window I made is there too !

TWO Cargoholds now for the same ship in Station upon docking, in other words, with my custom sized Ship/Inv Window transformed into one of them.

This just utterly sucks horribad so far.

I have not even messed with the filters yet ! Shocked

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Just Alter
Futures Abstractions
#44 - 2012-05-03 16:16:20 UTC
Aubrey Addams wrote:
I tested it on SiSi and I don't like it. Here are some solution that should be implemented

1. If you open your inventories at station, and arrange them, for example upper right corner the ships, down the items, middle left the current ship cargohold, then this arrange should be saved.

2. I hate when I undock and all my arranged windows stays where they was at the station, and all of them shows my ship cargohold.

3. Make station and in-space arrange separate.

4. Too bad I cant open my ship cargohold when I clik on my ship at station, just the same window as where my station items are.

5. Same if I try to open it from the fitting-screen.

Solution: Make a global variable to make these inventory stuff windows to be open for a separete window, or that dumb all-in-one window.

This UI change will make my manufacturer main go crazy. Separate windows are less complicated and more easy to use.

I would like to double click on my Station containers at station and open them in new windows (as it is now on TQ), instead of opening them and then have to search back to the root of Items and things like that.

Good post. I agree with these points.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#45 - 2012-05-03 16:26:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Why could the Inventory Value information at the bottom of windows not just have been added to what was there ?

In short, this is shaping up for me as a case of "Why fix something that wasn't broken?" It seems to have worked just fine for 9 years.

This smacks more of someone trying to impress a boss with shiny instead of impressing the customers.

Karbonadas
Old School Spacebenders
#46 - 2012-05-03 16:34:03 UTC
new inventory really needs some love :)

Arrowwhen you in space it should by default select your ship and hide left panel
Arrowitems/ships/active ship should have separating line because its confusing
Arrowship should have their icons and when selected should show cargo/drone bay/fuel bay capacity
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#47 - 2012-05-03 16:38:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Just ran a quick Test Mission. Oh my goodness.

Trying to switch configurations, and even open the drone bay.....the scrolling necessary to find what is needed is a HUGE slowdown for those trying to do battle at the same time.

I took damage I normally do not get while hunting for things in the filter.

That is even of much more importance than what is happening in the station hangers.

This is not going to work for the PvP players in the middle of a fight AT ALL under this method, no matter how you try to tweak it. It's part of the very nature of this onscreen Filtering mechanic you have now set up.

Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2012-05-03 19:04:15 UTC
" 1. If you open your inventories at station, and arrange them, for example upper right corner the ships, down the items, middle left the current ship cargohold, then this arrange should be saved. "

The people behind this change do not play Eve. Its as simple as that
Mark Androcius
#49 - 2012-05-03 21:06:58 UTC
I wonder why there hasn't been any CCP DEV commenting on this, i mean, so much negativity and all.....
And yeah, really, it changes something that isn't broken, in fact it breaks that which wasn't broken before.

But don't worry people, for i have come up with the ultimate solution....... you guys ready?
Make us choose CCP.

Why what do you mean?

Well simple, you press esc in game, click general settings and there you can check or uncheck the option "old style interface".
Problem solved, everybody happy.
theteck3
Quarantine Corporation
#50 - 2012-05-03 22:51:01 UTC
Mark Androcius wrote:
I wonder why there hasn't been any CCP DEV commenting on this, i mean, so much negativity and all.....
And yeah, really, it changes something that isn't broken, in fact it breaks that which wasn't broken before.

But don't worry people, for i have come up with the ultimate solution....... you guys ready?
Make us choose CCP.

Why what do you mean?

Well simple, you press esc in game, click general settings and there you can check or uncheck the option "old style interface".

+1
Maddax Mcloud
Sons of Kronos
The Rogue Consortium
#51 - 2012-05-04 00:26:50 UTC
I'm not one to post on the forums, but i had to come here and say how much i HATE this inventory change. It is so confusing, hard to open seperate windows and keep them open and in postion etc.

This is going to be a complete disaster if this goes live. I'll keep it simple CCP... if you want to screw around with stuff that is not broken and waste dev time. fine, but give us a way to turn this new crap completely off, and use the old style seperate windows for ship hangers, cargohold, corp hangers and loot cans.

If this unifed inventory window goes live with no choice to turn it off, i'm done with the game for the last time. I assure you that you will loose many subscribers over this, by messing with a basic simple fuction of the game that works just fine as it is.

All of the other great work you have done for the expansion like the missle effects, etc will go completely unnoticed when people click their inventory button, and get completely frustrated and just plain pissed off about how confusing and hard it is to navigate their own cargohold. If you want this game to succeed and continue, DO NOT force this change on people, it is unacceptable.
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#52 - 2012-05-04 02:41:01 UTC  |  Edited by: MadMuppet
I was going to come in here and rant up a storm until I found the shift+click function to open individual windows.

It takes up more screen real estate, but I think I would learn to deal with it. The 'instant' price check on loot is a nice feature.

Complaints:First is the lack of a 'ship' shortcut like we had before. Having to open inventory and then find our ships is kind of a pain in the ***. I tried to make a separate window for ships but when I undock it turns in to the cargo hold and doesn't go away and when I redock it stays as the cargo hold.

Can't close cargo window in space by hitting the cargo bay button (keyboard shortcut works, button doesn't)

Not thrilled with wrecks opening in the 'inventory window'. If there was a shortcut key to 'loot all' it wouldn't be so bad, but right now I'm mouse tracking back and forth across the screen to hit 'loot all' since, I'm sure like most players, I keep the target select/approach buttons in the upper left but my cargobay near the bottom to stay out of the way. The only current 'solution' for this it to move the cargo bay close or track like mad across the screen.

Setting in station should not carry over to setting outside of station. Why do I need to keep re-sizing my 'inventory window' when I undock. If I am at Jita I want to have a screen full of stuff to do my trading, but when i undock in my ship my cargo bay should not take up the whole screen. You need to get a separate state variable or something going. This sucks.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#53 - 2012-05-04 02:58:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Spc One
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
In Space.

Upon undocking and returning to station, the Ships/Inventory combined Window have become the Ship cargohold window, and the little Cargohold Window I made is there too !

TWO Cargoholds now for the same ship in Station upon docking, in other words, with my custom sized Ship/Inv Window transformed into one of them.

Yes CCP please don't force this new unified window system on us.
Either add an option for old TQ window system, so user can switch back (like you did with ship spinning to be optional) or make it so that user can enable unified system if he wants to.

Please do not force this, like we all said it's very confusing and we can't find stuff so easy as currently on TQ you just do one click on TQ and you see all your ships.

Quote:
If this unifed inventory window goes live with no choice to turn it off, i'm done with the game for the last time. I assure you that you will loose many subscribers over this, by messing with a basic simple fuction of the game that works just fine as it is.

Same here.
And this time i am not joking.
Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#54 - 2012-05-04 03:04:48 UTC
Mark Androcius wrote:

Make us choose CCP.

Why what do you mean?

Yes do this please.

Missile War
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#55 - 2012-05-04 09:36:04 UTC
Spc One wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
In Space.

Yes CCP please don't force this new unified window system on us.
Either add an option for old TQ window system, so user can switch back (like you did with ship spinning to be optional) or make it so that user can enable unified system if he wants to.

Please do not force this, like we all said it's very confusing and we can't find stuff so easy as currently on TQ you just do one click on TQ and you see all your ships.

Quote:

Same here.
And this time i am not joking.

you won't quit, we all know this. you're just trying to force ccp to fix something by saying people will quit, which they probaly won't.

even tho i dislike the new inventry system i wouldn't quit over it, altho i would be complaining big time since at the moment it just isn't as good as it could be, and my old system worked perfectly for what it was intended for, instead of...this...uh...system i guess.. which doesn't really do what i'd like it to.
Mark Androcius
#56 - 2012-05-04 11:45:55 UTC
Missile War wrote:
you won't quit, we all know this. you're just trying to force ccp to fix something by saying people will quit, which they probaly won't.

even tho i dislike the new inventry system i wouldn't quit over it, altho i would be complaining big time since at the moment it just isn't as good as it could be, and my old system worked perfectly for what it was intended for, instead of...this...uh...system i guess.. which doesn't really do what i'd like it to.

Maybe we should all shoot the Jita statue for a couple of days.

Serious though, the system doesn't add anything to the game, period.

Also, i wonder why CCP hasn't thought of a live discussion system, maybe even some forum poll or something?
You see, every time a customer comes to me for a new program, i discuss every single detail with them, come up with a design, discuss that a little further, come up with a working model, discuss that a little further and then i build the beta for them to work with.
This clearly isn't the case with CCP, they just told us they were going to make changes here and there.

On the Singularity server, the changes that are being presented, are usually only days away from being implemented on Tranquility, so that leads me to believe it will be on Tranq like this, starting next week.
Well i sure hope not, it needs at least a month more work put into it, before most of us are ready to accept it.
I just don't see how CCP can fix these issues in less then a week.
Aidamina Omen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-05-04 12:07:06 UTC
People that argue that the old window system worked just fine need to GTFO.

The old system makes me feel like I'm working in windows 3.1. Sure the new Unified Inventory has a view things that need to be worked out in more detail. Like short cuts for closing and opening etc.

Not everybody wants this game to stay an Excel lookalike forever.

Mark Androcius
#58 - 2012-05-04 12:10:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Mark Androcius
Aidamina Omen wrote:
People that argue that the old window system worked just fine need to GTFO.

The old system makes me feel like I'm working in windows 3.1. Sure the new Unified Inventory has a view things that need to be worked out in more detail. Like short cuts for closing and opening etc.

Not everybody wants this game to stay an Excel lookalike forever.

Well, I'm sorry, but you're actually one of the first to have such an opinion.
BTW, telling the majority to GTFO is rather stupid, no offense intended.
Captain Megadeath
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2012-05-04 14:36:28 UTC
I'll leave this here since the devs are ignoring it on the devblog reply thread.

Quote:
And here is something the devs will have overlooked.

Mining ops...

Hulks need 2 windows open, cargo hold and the Orca corp hanger
Orca needs 3 windows open, cargo hold, corp hanger and ore hold
hauler orca needs 4 windows open, cargo hold, corp hanger, ore hold and the static orcas corp hanger.

Simple drag and drop for all tasks.

Seriously CCP,

MAKE IT OPTIONAL!!!
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2012-05-04 15:10:25 UTC
I for one will not play with this change, at all. They need to fix it before they release this.

It took me like 3 times the effort to do anything inventory related.

I really wanted to check out the new missiles, but after setting up two ship in that system I was done.