These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Not liking the items window changes

Author
Janosik
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-05-03 05:48:08 UTC
I dont like it.

I dont see my ships, i just see names, and i forgot how i named my ships, which one is which one, it is confusing me.

And i dont want to name ship bomber, cruiser etc. Icons are better.

I always have at least two windows open, one with hangar one with cargo, moving items, doing this in this new ui will be longer than in old one.

This new thing can be feature on old ui, and one that i can hide.



AnzacPaul
Hostile.
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#22 - 2012-05-03 06:26:14 UTC
Why cant i open my ship maintenance or fuel bay via right click anymore?

Loss of functionality by forcing people to use another method is not cool mmkay.
Blazedart The Deadly
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#23 - 2012-05-03 06:41:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Blazedart The Deadly
I completely hate this change. please give me multiple windows back so its not complicated and difficult to fit my ships together. so that i can look at all my assets at once, separated by ships and items.

And now when im undocked and i have my cargohold open i have this ugly massive box taking up a massive amount of screen realistate.
Malice Redeemer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-05-03 07:26:44 UTC
I also do not like this change. Give me my Ship and items hangers back and put this somewhere else, it's confusing.
July Oumis
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2012-05-03 08:00:28 UTC
It would be great to see which ship is behind the funny names I now see in my hangar.

Could you set the name of the ship in front of the name the player gave it?

Example:

Thorax (name)




Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#26 - 2012-05-03 08:43:47 UTC
I dont mind it , but please bring back the ships and items buttons that used to be above the undock, or at least give us the option to add/remove them.

Tal

July Oumis
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-05-03 09:08:17 UTC
OMG, I just realized, that in space, if you loot a wreck, your inventory pops up and if you change its size and position you have to change it back in station.

This is awful!

Shocked
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#28 - 2012-05-03 13:01:26 UTC
Can we have some assurance that this thread will be looked at by Devs and not disappeared-ed ?

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Just Alter
Futures Abstractions
#29 - 2012-05-03 13:35:51 UTC
I love it!

Great work!

It could be tweaked a bit, as this thread is pointing, but overall it's a definite improvement over the old system.
Silly Slot
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#30 - 2012-05-03 14:17:27 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Sorry.


lol dude its not unintuitive its just rough, its very sexy, and if they add the universal search it will be FRIGGING EPIC...

what missing is the tuning, namely the frigging ability to remember states when docked and undocked seperately...

THAT AND THE OTHER BIG PROBLEM

We need the shortcuts back....

Open fuel bay, Open Corp Hanger, Open Drone Bay, Open Cargo, should be a shortcut to the minimal eve inventory of that window...

Do this and you'll make sooooooo many people happy, that way the big inventory is there for when we want it but the shortcuts in right click are there to get us to the small window when thats all we want! PLEASE

PLEASE PLEASE

did i say PLEASE, shortcuts and remembering states = happy item inventory users
Silly Slot
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#31 - 2012-05-03 14:19:18 UTC
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
I dont mind it , but please bring back the ships and items buttons that used to be above the undock, or at least give us the option to add/remove them.

Tal



wow you may be one of 2-3 people who like the nice easy to misclick items / ships next to undock and accidentally undock into space when u meant to switch ships...

i guess your also one of those guys who loves the fact that the titan bridge and titan jump are so nice and close together lol, as well as all those other things that cause people to scream WHY WHY WHY !
Silly Slot
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#32 - 2012-05-03 14:22:00 UTC
Quote:
functions like ‘Sell’ (multi-sell anyone?)


OH GOD YES, this is my wish to have eventually ... but please add state memory and shortcuts to the minimal windows first please
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#33 - 2012-05-03 14:36:38 UTC
Silly Slot wrote:
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
I dont mind it , but please bring back the ships and items buttons that used to be above the undock, or at least give us the option to add/remove them.

Tal



wow you may be one of 2-3 people who like the nice easy to misclick items / ships next to undock and accidentally undock into space when u meant to switch ships...

i guess your also one of those guys who loves the fact that the titan bridge and titan jump are so nice and close together lol, as well as all those other things that cause people to scream WHY WHY WHY !


Miss click what ? I click the ship icon to see my ships and the undock to (funnily enough) undock, Its not rocket science Roll

Not a clue on titans sorry, and the only thing that make me scream WHY WHY WHY are posts like yours...


Tal


Silly Slot
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#34 - 2012-05-03 14:37:58 UTC
Janosik wrote:
I dont like it.

I dont see my ships, i just see names, and i forgot how i named my ships, which one is which one, it is confusing me.

And i dont want to name ship bomber, cruiser etc. Icons are better.

I always have at least two windows open, one with hangar one with cargo, moving items, doing this in this new ui will be longer than in old one.

This new thing can be feature on old ui, and one that i can hide.





dude just click ships, and you see... tada YOUR SHIPS lol the pretty icons
Silly Slot
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#35 - 2012-05-03 14:39:14 UTC
Talon SilverHawk wrote:

Miss click what ? I click the ship icon to see my ships and the undock to (funnily enough) undock, Its not rocket science Roll

Not a clue on titans sorry, and the only thing that make me scream WHY WHY WHY are posts like yours...


Tal




sorry i guess not all of as are so pro to never misclick an icon thats butted up against another one when we're in a rush because we need to reship for afleet quickly.
marVLs
#36 - 2012-05-03 14:39:41 UTC
I think the secret is in potential of new inventory.

IMO it's better than old, but:
1. Players need time to adapt to it
2. It needs some tweeks
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#37 - 2012-05-03 14:42:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Talon SilverHawk
double quote
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#38 - 2012-05-03 14:42:54 UTC
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
Silly Slot wrote:
[quote=Talon SilverHawk]
Miss click what ? I click the ship icon to see my ships and the undock to (funnily enough) undock, Its not rocket science Roll

Not a clue on titans sorry, and the only thing that make me scream WHY WHY WHY are posts like yours...


Tal




sorry i guess not all of as are so pro to never misclick an icon thats butted up against another one when we're in a rush because we need to reship for afleet quickly.


Im sorry were not all so dumb as to disregard what anyone else thinks.


And there is always the abort button.

Tal
Sellendis
The Ares project
#39 - 2012-05-03 15:21:41 UTC
Its new and unpolished and needs a lot of work.

Like, ship view. No more ship icons, if i open the ships in a new window, and set it to old location in the station, when i undock its replaced by ship cargo bay. Frustrating.

Ship cargo bay and station inventory share the same window, in space i like 3x3 icon sized cargo window. In station to show all the containers and crap i use a 1/3 screen window to show all. With the new inventory its one or the other, no different sized windows for a ship or station inventory.

Ship drone bay, opens in the same window. Find drones and then drag/drop to ship drone bay. Honestly, it was faster before.

Looting in space, used to salvage the whole room, then open 10-15 wrecks in 1 window and then just spam "loot all", now i have to select a wreck 1 by 1 to click loot all. Old system of inventory was better in space for salvage/loot. My cargo window open (3x3 size), and next to it a window with 10+ tabs of wrecks in it, for fast loot or selective loot.
Aubrey Addams
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-05-03 15:48:40 UTC
I tested it on SiSi and I don't like it. Here are some solution that should be implemented

1. If you open your inventories at station, and arrange them, for example upper right corner the ships, down the items, middle left the current ship cargohold, then this arrange should be saved.

2. I hate when I undock and all my arranged windows stays where they was at the station, and all of them shows my ship cargohold.

3. Make station and in-space arrange separate.

4. Too bad I cant open my ship cargohold when I clik on my ship at station, just the same window as where my station items are.

5. Same if I try to open it from the fitting-screen.

Solution: Make a global variable to make these inventory stuff windows to be open for a separete window, or that dumb all-in-one window.

This UI change will make my manufacturer main go crazy. Separate windows are less complicated and more easy to use.

I would like to double click on my Station containers at station and open them in new windows (as it is now on TQ), instead of opening them and then have to search back to the root of Items and things like that.