These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Hulkageddon made me quit

First post
Author
Jeremy Firewind
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#41 - 2012-05-03 00:58:34 UTC
Dodixie MarketSlave wrote:
Seriusly, I dont want to look harsh of something like that, but everybody knows and you knew before you sing up that EVE is a hardcore game. People plays eve because they can **** other people, PvP and there is no secure area. I mean High sec is highly situational...
To sum up part of the EvE sucess as a game is because of it's ruthless nature, other way people would be playing softcore mmo's like WoW and etc.


Yes but hardcore does also mean in my book that a certain rewarding situation (getting a kill, getting the lewt, getting the salvage) needs to come at a risk.
These "ruthless" guys you are referring to are just the 12th grader you'd expect extorting the lunch money from a third grader....

No risk, all reward. Come on, is that so hard to see. These htfu yellers are the real carebears. Nothing hardcore here.
Red Rydah
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2012-05-03 00:59:09 UTC
Jeremy Firewind wrote:

If it did not take so long to get back on the feet, then maybe "ragequitting" would not be the option. As I usually have not more than 3-4 hours a week, we are talking about quite some time getting back into the ship.

That being said, after that time, I can have 3 guys in ships, that are earned in like 30 minutes blowing me up again.
As I said, maybe I am a wuss, maybe I look like a baby. Maybe I just want to take my hard earned cash somewhere else for recreation. Geez. Same as I said before. Can't you imagine, that pressuring your idea of fun and entertainment onto someone else does not mean fun and entertainment for them?


The sandbox concept of EVE Online someimes means you come across those who have a playstyle that will interfere with yours. This sometimes leads to loss, and loss is something you need to prepare for in EVE Online. It's not like STO. If you are careful, you can either avoid the loss altogether, or at least minimize the ISK. In short, one adapts.

With H5 magnifying that risk of loss by a factor of 100, perhaps you should have left that ship in dock and used H5 as an excuse to try something new. Who knows, you may have liked it. I guess you will never know now.

RR


Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#43 - 2012-05-03 00:59:21 UTC
I thought my long a**ed post would help you see that there is hope, but I guess not.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#44 - 2012-05-03 00:59:26 UTC
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Katja Faith wrote:
Hulka-what? So basically, you're a wuss and quit?

Gotcha.


No I just don't see how 3 moronic griefers with no risk will make me mine for wweeks on end to get another Hulk.

That is the point. And yes, maybe I am a wuss.


Because being blown up by CONCORD, losing sec status & knowing that some random person may possibly get the loot is zero risk.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Jeremy Firewind
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-05-03 01:00:06 UTC
StonerPhReaK wrote:
What are you doing losing ships in nullsec then complaining about losing an imaginary w/e it is you lost?

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=1306141

During hulkageddon the mails get posted extra fast. So stop trollin cuzz round here it aint fishin season.


Well I did what some other people told me to do. Looked around to see if I liked other parts of the game. Which i did not...
Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#46 - 2012-05-03 01:00:08 UTC
Quote:
it's YOUR fault you lost your Hulk


Gonna have to disagree with you there mate.

If you get robbed, it's not your fault. It's the robbers'. Cuz they did it.

Just like when a woman gets raped it's not her fault. It's the rapist's. Cuz he did it.

Even if you leave your door unlocked. Even if you passed out drunk at a party. It is still the criminal's fault. Cuz they did it.

This is why victims are never punished for the crimes they are victim to. Imagine the outcry if people went to prison for not locking their doors because they were judged to be "accomplices". I mean, after all, if they'd locked their door the thief would have never been able to commit that crime, right? It's not the thief's fault - he's just doing what thieves do, drawn by an "irresistible urge" to enter unguarded houses and pilfer them.

Now, I know some idiot is going to mention "tank your Hulk". People are ganking Orca's. Orca's have a wee little bit more EHP than a tanked Hulk. If Orca's aren't safe, then neither are tanked Hulk's.

Now, could he have done things to prevent the gank? Absolutely. Does that mean he's "at fault" for the gank? Absolutely not.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#47 - 2012-05-03 01:00:39 UTC
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
These htfu yellers are the real carebears. Nothing hardcore here.



This we know. You were smart to figure that out.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Jeremy Firewind
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#48 - 2012-05-03 01:00:44 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Katja Faith wrote:
Hulka-what? So basically, you're a wuss and quit?

Gotcha.


No I just don't see how 3 moronic griefers with no risk will make me mine for wweeks on end to get another Hulk.

That is the point. And yes, maybe I am a wuss.


Because being blown up by CONCORD, losing sec status & knowing that some random person may possibly get the loot is zero risk.


Since these are not the main toons, but purpose built characters, yes 0 risk.
StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#49 - 2012-05-03 01:02:11 UTC
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Katja Faith wrote:
Hulka-what? So basically, you're a wuss and quit?

Gotcha.


No I just don't see how 3 moronic griefers with no risk will make me mine for wweeks on end to get another Hulk.

That is the point. And yes, maybe I am a wuss.


Because being blown up by CONCORD, losing sec status & knowing that some random person may possibly get the loot is zero risk.


Since these are not the main toons, but purpose built characters, yes 0 risk.


You should train a few and have fun for a couple days. Ill supply your ships.

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#50 - 2012-05-03 01:02:51 UTC
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Katja Faith wrote:
Hulka-what? So basically, you're a wuss and quit?

Gotcha.


No I just don't see how 3 moronic griefers with no risk will make me mine for wweeks on end to get another Hulk.

That is the point. And yes, maybe I am a wuss.


Because being blown up by CONCORD, losing sec status & knowing that some random person may possibly get the loot is zero risk.


Since these are not the main toons, but purpose built characters, yes 0 risk.


I underlined the part that contains risk, since you are unwilling to acknowledge it.

As a sidepoint, I've never understood how someone can enjoy mining in highsec. It's not like there's any real profit involved.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#51 - 2012-05-03 01:04:08 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Katja Faith wrote:
Hulka-what? So basically, you're a wuss and quit?

Gotcha.


No I just don't see how 3 moronic griefers with no risk will make me mine for wweeks on end to get another Hulk.

That is the point. And yes, maybe I am a wuss.


Because being blown up by CONCORD, losing sec status & knowing that some random person may possibly get the loot is zero risk.


Since these are not the main toons, but purpose built characters, yes 0 risk.


I underlined the part that contains risk, since you are unwilling to acknowledge it.

As a sidepoint, I've never understood how someone can enjoy mining in highsec. It's not like there's any real profit involved.


There actually is now since ccp swung the nerfbat in 2 directions.

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#52 - 2012-05-03 01:04:26 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Katja Faith wrote:
Hulka-what? So basically, you're a wuss and quit?

Gotcha.


No I just don't see how 3 moronic griefers with no risk will make me mine for wweeks on end to get another Hulk.

That is the point. And yes, maybe I am a wuss.


Because being blown up by CONCORD, losing sec status & knowing that some random person may possibly get the loot is zero risk.


Risk involves an element of chance. There is no "chance" of being blown up by CONCORD - it's absolute. It's not a "risk". It would be a "risk" if there was a "chance" of it happening. But there isn't a "chance" of it happening - it will happen.

Losing sec status is also not a "risk", for the same reason that being blown up by CONCORD is not a risk.

As for the loot - my heart bleeds for you, it really does. God forbid that after you spent 30 seconds of effort to destroy someone's 250million ISK investment, someone might steal that 20mil pile of salvage from you.

Clearly you are the victim here.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#53 - 2012-05-03 01:06:42 UTC
I love all these posts full of butthurt. It makes the whole venture worth it, so much more than the loot.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#54 - 2012-05-03 01:08:22 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
I love all these posts full of butthurt. It makes the whole venture worth it, so much more than the loot.


You were the one crying about losing 20 million ISK worth of salvage.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#55 - 2012-05-03 01:10:28 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
I love all these posts full of butthurt. It makes the whole venture worth it, so much more than the loot.


You were the one crying about losing 20 million ISK worth of salvage.


No I wasn't, I don't even get involved in suicide ganks. It is called sarcasm, young, angry carebear.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#56 - 2012-05-03 01:14:26 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
I love all these posts full of butthurt. It makes the whole venture worth it, so much more than the loot.


You were the one crying about losing 20 million ISK worth of salvage.


No I wasn't, I don't even get involved in suicide ganks. It is called sarcasm, young, angry carebear.


Yeah, I picked up that you were trying to be sarcastic, but you ended up being ironic instead, because the things that you were saying sarcastically ended up being the actual truth, as I highlighted for you.

Now, ignoring your straw man "carebear" comment for a second, let's look instead at Exhibit A:

Mallak Azaria wrote:


I underlined the part that contains risk, since you are unwilling to acknowledge it.


I can just smell the angry tears pouring out of you at this point. "Why won't anyone listen to me!"
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-05-03 01:16:19 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:

I can just smell the angry tears pouring out of you at this point. "Why won't anyone listen to me!"


I can't figure out what's making me laugh more. You or your posts Lol

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#58 - 2012-05-03 01:17:23 UTC
Today my throat was so parched. Like I had been trudging through Death Valley all afternoon. I knew there was only one thing that could satisfactorily satiate me. Carebear tears. An entire 50 gal drum of them. Thank you, dear OP, for delivering me the life giving, sweet yet salty tears I desired.

What surprises me the most is that you where unable to make enough income to cover your losses with mineral prices being so high right now. Hell, I know people who don't even mine who are still making a KILLING off of minerals reprocessed from missions...which are significantly less in quantity than those obtained via mining.

I echo everything that has already been said here. The laws of natural selection have successfully culled you from the herd, and the remaining populace of New Eden is better because of it. Oh, one last thing. Don't let the airlock handle hit you on the way out, and wipe my pod goo off your chin.
Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#59 - 2012-05-03 01:19:55 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Empty posturing.


Oh good come back, broh. Roll
DR BiCarbonate
Doomriders.
#60 - 2012-05-03 01:22:11 UTC
What is love,
baby don't hurt me,
don't hurt me,
no more.