These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Hulkageddon made me quit

First post
Author
Orly Rly
Ship vs Rock
#381 - 2012-05-08 02:50:31 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Orly Rly wrote:
Secondly, if they are avid PvP players, they should be out there doing something challenging, suicide ganking mining ships is pretty tough stuff that requires plenty of skill and experience right? And this isn't just an issue during Hulk event, it's been a problem for much longer.

Thanks for telling us what we should and shouldn't be doing, pvp pro. Your sage advice is a shining beacon that guides us all.

You're right about one thing, though. This "issue" has been a "problem" for a long, long time. Since the game came out, in fact.

I don't care what you do. I'm just pointing out (like many others) that ganking mining ships is the absolute height of bravery and PvP skill. Nothing in this game gives a player a higher merit of skill and dedication that having 90% of your kills as empire miner ganks and jetcan flips that turned out well against some 20-day newbie. It's so awesome, that I hear all the big null alliances are making a come back to Empire for this reason.

Since insultive sarcasm is the way you communicate, perhaps this will make more sense to you.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#382 - 2012-05-08 03:20:41 UTC
Ganking Hulks and doing "real pvp" aren't mutually exclusive. Keep digging that hole though.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Orly Rly
Ship vs Rock
#383 - 2012-05-08 03:43:54 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Ganking Hulks and doing "real pvp" aren't mutually exclusive. Keep digging that hole though.

Real PvP is 2+ players who both think they can have the advantage in a given circumstance. Suicide ganking hulks is akin to tromping level 10's in WoW with a level 85. You are guaranteed the kill, the only cost was time, and a small amount of in-game currency. As I sarcastically said earlier, this is the top tier of PvP, a few years of training in null and you are ready to gank some hulks in empire.

Btw, what is this hole being dug that you are referring to? You seem to have issues discussing things with people that you disagree with. I respect a good debate, but you're inferences are quite bland, smarmy, almost fabulist in nature.
Ispia Jaydrath
Reib Autonomous Industries
#384 - 2012-05-08 05:11:31 UTC
Orly Rly wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Orly Rly wrote:
Secondly, if they are avid PvP players, they should be out there doing something challenging, suicide ganking mining ships is pretty tough stuff that requires plenty of skill and experience right? And this isn't just an issue during Hulk event, it's been a problem for much longer.

Thanks for telling us what we should and shouldn't be doing, pvp pro. Your sage advice is a shining beacon that guides us all.

You're right about one thing, though. This "issue" has been a "problem" for a long, long time. Since the game came out, in fact.

I don't care what you do. I'm just pointing out (like many others) that ganking mining ships is the absolute height of bravery and PvP skill. Nothing in this game gives a player a higher merit of skill and dedication that having 90% of your kills as empire miner ganks and jetcan flips that turned out well against some 20-day newbie. It's so awesome, that I hear all the big null alliances are making a come back to Empire for this reason.

Since insultive sarcasm is the way you communicate, perhaps this will make more sense to you.


You say this is supposed to be insulting, so I have to assume that you think our self-worth is based on a belief that we are honourable elitepvp space warriors.

It isn't. It's based on hurting people.
Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#385 - 2012-05-08 06:24:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Daemon Ceed
ix z'el wrote:
let them mine their own damn ore and i hope the price of ships gets so high the gankers have to earn more isk than its worth to kill a hulk. they screw themselves in the end and thats the best part about it.


If you think. even a moment, that people out in nullsec who come to highsec to participate in Hulkageddon (which typically accounts for probably at least 80% of the gankers) need your highsec generated ore to operate on a daily basis, you are more of a moron than I could possibly give you credit for.

Even *IF* this were the case, they have so much ISK from selling moon goo to buy your measly trit without blinking, even if you jacked up the price ten fold. The reason: T2 modules. You need them, and moon goo is the major component in them. Therefore anytime you buy strip miner II's, or any thing T2, you are indirectly supporting the gankers. Congrats! Your entire argument goes right down the gutter along with this completely useless, whiny, tear filled, self-entitled, carebear infested thread.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#386 - 2012-05-08 08:59:18 UTC
Orly Rly wrote:
You also raise another unrelated issue, which is the price disparity between a Covetor and Hulk when the Hulk only earns a slight increase in yield and cargo. No point worrying about how much ehp each ship as since even a tanked hulk can be suicide ganked easily. This is why it's called Hulkageddon and not Covetorageddon, why go for the cheap ship when you can just as easily take out the ship 10 times it's value with the same amount of effort. It's almost a organised kick in the face, which CCP should be addressing.

The cost of any T2 ship is based on supply and demand on the market. There's nothing CCP can do about it besides stepping in and changing the supply and demand of those components. Don't you get it? It's the sandbox in action.

It's been pointed out again and again that you can make a Hulk for around 100million ISK.

You are buying them for 275mil.

The rest of that, is profit from the persons making it.

So, tell me, why should the profit margins that players have set on the objects they produce affect the combat ability of the item?

Quote:
Real PvP is

Real PVP is any time another player affects another player directly. The reason you're paying 275mil and not 100mil is because of market PVP. There is no "real PVP", least of all in sandbox.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

RealaiX
Dont be a drone
Foxhole Enclave
#387 - 2012-05-08 09:40:12 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Uh, buddy, it kind of is. While the broken window parable holds true in real life, in real life there's also the potential for limitless innovation. In EVE, you're limited to building from a few thousand specific blueprints, utilizing a few hundred material types, all of which CCP created. Who would buy the stuff you made, if that stuff hardly got destroyed? Do you think new Hulks would get sold, if everybody already had one and used it with impunity?

Also, there would be quite a bit of pvp without "industrials." And by "industrials," I of course mean carebears. You see, you're under the assumption that the bears are the only ones who build anything in this game, which couldn't be further from the truth. I have a fully-skilled industrial alt, which I never use because it's simply a more efficient use of my time to grind out some ISK in a wormhole when I need it. So do all of my "scumbag" friends.

We don't need you; you need us.



you are a real funny word-twisting-to-every-post-commenting-troll ! Roll

I said there wouldnt be pvp without industrials, not carebears ! so im not under a wrong assumption like u wrote ! Sure the most pvp alliances in 0.0 got their ways to get their ships too (and im not enlighting the ways how some of them do it..) And if you would read my post a lil more concentrated u would have recognized that i'm not whining about loosing a hulk or anything in eve.. thats the way eve is !

I was just saying that there are some people who really enjoy the industrial part of eve !
and i dont get why hardcore players always think its all about pvp and their playing style !

funny fact: some ppl got enough action in real life and they really enjoy staying in a belt,do trading while watching a movie and talking to corpmates !
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#388 - 2012-05-08 10:02:19 UTC
Industry is pvp.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#389 - 2012-05-08 10:03:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
OP was a sick gazelle and as such was culled by nature. Like the plains of Africa, the strongest and most fit survive which keeps the herd healthy. Do not mourn it's loss, it's apart of the great circle of life and through it's suffering, the pride too remains healthy.

Without predator, the prey will devour all of its resources and will die off as it's population is left unchecked. Without prey, the predator will starve.

A symbiotic relationship exists and nature will find its correct medium.
Angelus Ryan
One Ronin
#390 - 2012-05-08 10:11:33 UTC
Ispia Jaydrath wrote:


You say this is supposed to be insulting, so I have to assume that you think our self-worth is based on a belief that we are honourable elitepvp space warriors.

It isn't. It's based on hurting people.



I find this statement disturbingly appealing.
RealaiX
Dont be a drone
Foxhole Enclave
#391 - 2012-05-08 10:12:41 UTC
Orly Rly wrote:

Real PvP is 2+ players who both think they can have the advantage in a given circumstance.


so true ! anyone played ut99 instagib? that was pvp 1on1 action Big smile
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#392 - 2012-05-08 10:21:45 UTC
RealaiX wrote:
I was just saying that there are some people who really enjoy the industrial part of eve !
and i dont get why hardcore players always think its all about pvp and their playing style !

funny fact: some ppl got enough action in real life and they really enjoy staying in a belt,do trading while watching a movie and talking to corpmates !


You want to talk about people that want their form of gameplay foisted on everyone else? Look no further than the thread creator and the army of Hulk pilots that followed. These people are so up their own ass that not only are they still flying Hulks during Hulkageddon, they're refusing to even tank their ships because it might hurt ~their yield~. And then, when their quite frankly ridiculous decisions come back to bite them in the ass, they dogpile onto the game forums and bleat on about how THEY ARE QUITTING HULKAGEDDON MADE THEM QUIT YOU HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER CCP, which is just a pathetic attempt to use their subscriptions to hold CCP hostage and force a gameplay change that CCP clearly doesn't want to make.

That to me is about a thousand times worse than PVP'ers trying to make sure that a PVP game remains that way. We're lucky that CCP, for all of their flaws, is uncompromising when it comes to their vision of the game overall - lesser companies might not have been.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

RealaiX
Dont be a drone
Foxhole Enclave
#393 - 2012-05-08 11:13:10 UTC  |  Edited by: RealaiX
Snow Axe wrote:
RealaiX wrote:
I was just saying that there are some people who really enjoy the industrial part of eve !
and i dont get why hardcore players always think its all about pvp and their playing style !

funny fact: some ppl got enough action in real life and they really enjoy staying in a belt,do trading while watching a movie and talking to corpmates !


You want to talk about people that want their form of gameplay foisted on everyone else? Look no further than the thread creator and the army of Hulk pilots that followed. These people are so up their own ass that not only are they still flying Hulks during Hulkageddon, they're refusing to even tank their ships because it might hurt ~their yield~. And then, when their quite frankly ridiculous decisions come back to bite them in the ass, they dogpile onto the game forums and bleat on about how THEY ARE QUITTING HULKAGEDDON MADE THEM QUIT YOU HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER CCP, which is just a pathetic attempt to use their subscriptions to hold CCP hostage and force a gameplay change that CCP clearly doesn't want to make.

That to me is about a thousand times worse than PVP'ers trying to make sure that a PVP game remains that way. We're lucky that CCP, for all of their flaws, is uncompromising when it comes to their vision of the game overall - lesser companies might not have been.


yea you are right !
but i wasnt reffering to the thread itself anymore i was just commenting on stupid comments of people that want their form of gameplay foisted on everyone else !

fly safe :)

edit: but there are also pvp'ers who do the "ill quit" thing...
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#394 - 2012-05-08 11:33:57 UTC
If this isn't a fish for replies I don't know what is.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#395 - 2012-05-08 11:43:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Destiny Corrupted wrote:


You really think we're going to drop 800-odd million ISK to gank an almost fully-insured T1 battleship, that doesn't even have expensive modules fit?




How blind and stupid you are.

In EVE, ANYTHING will get ganked by ANYTHING.

If you do not know that, or claim to not know that, you are indeed Troll.

Maybe if you stopped being a Forum Jezebel for 2 seconds and actually played the game..........

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#396 - 2012-05-08 11:53:18 UTC
I'll give you an 8 for the post, and a 1 for the choice of target.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#397 - 2012-05-08 11:54:21 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
These people are so up their own ass that not only are they still flying Hulks during Hulkageddon, they're refusing to even tank their ships because it might hurt ~their yield~.


SOME of us actually know what we are doing.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#398 - 2012-05-08 11:57:43 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:

and bleat on about how THEY ARE QUITTING HULKAGEDDON MADE THEM QUIT YOU HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER CCP, which is just a pathetic attempt to use their subscriptions to hold CCP hostage and force a gameplay change that CCP clearly doesn't want to make.




I taste YOUR bleating. It's delicious.........

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#399 - 2012-05-08 12:55:43 UTC
Orly Rly wrote:
I don't care what you do. I'm just pointing out (like many others) that ganking mining ships is the absolute height of bravery and PvP skill. Nothing in this game gives a player a higher merit of skill and dedication that having 90% of your kills as empire miner ganks and jetcan flips that turned out well against some 20-day newbie. It's so awesome, that I hear all the big null alliances are making a come back to Empire for this reason.

Since insultive sarcasm is the way you communicate, perhaps this will make more sense to you.

If these people are dumb enough to go mining in barges when they know the event is active then they deserve to get ganked. Go do something else, unsub for the month, or use a fleet of boosted BS’s to mine with during the time.

This is what happens when you recruit half of EVE to use as sheep to shoot structures out in 0.0. After you’re done, you’re stuck with 30,000 sheep with nothing to grind. This is one of the biggest reasons The Martini is pushing Hulkegeddon so much. To keep his sheep from fighting with each other and getting farmed by small roaming 0.0 gangs all the time, he’s opened the gates and let them out into Empire to “hunt down” the slowest and easiest targets in the game....Pirate

Meanwhile they can manipulate the market to maximize profits, keep their own mining fleets grinding away out in 0.0 unmolested, and count their tech moons while adding to their blue and NIP lists… It’s EVE on “Easy Level” or “EVE Sim”……BlinkAt the end of the day, they will all have more isk than they could spend in a life time, a blue list that stretches around EVE, and no one to shoot....Cool

No reason to get upset about it. It’s a good game but you need to be flexible if you’re not willing to be one of the sheep...Big smile
.

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Oxandrolone
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#400 - 2012-05-08 13:49:59 UTC
he is right about this.

its not about pilot skill or anything like that a 3mil ship shouldnt be able to kill a 300mil ship just because.... especially in highsec with no cost.

-10 alts in thrashers dont suffer because they just have an orca launch a ship for them, the sec penalty is irelivent.]

eve should be about consequences and there is no consiquence from a -10 person suicide ganking a miner in highsec.