These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Hulkageddon made me quit

First post
Author
Johan March
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#181 - 2012-05-04 04:53:35 UTC
If the OP is still around, may I suggest buying a couple of plexes, selling them, buying a new hulk and then buy a destroyer. Then go take part in hulkageddon from the other side. Or if ganking isn't your thing, buy and fit a bunch of t1 frigs, head into losec and fight until you lose them all. If you end up hating pvp, then you can use what you've learned in keeping your hulks, orcas, and whatnot alive in hisec.
No More Heroes
Sanctuary of Shadows
Dock Workers
#182 - 2012-05-04 05:02:34 UTC
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Hey,

I find it totally untolarable, that 3 1 mill Isk ships can easily gank my tanked 300mill hull. Sorry, but this makes me really sad. It put me out of business for good, that was my last money. Your cool event just cost CCP a subscriber.


Yes tears are delightful, yadda, yadda, no stuff is to be had, because it all exploded.


Dude...it's pixels.

.

Kaaeliaa
Tyrannos Sunset
#183 - 2012-05-04 05:11:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaaeliaa
So long, OP.

The rest of us miners will carry on without you, I'm sure.

Seriously, how hard is it to fit a tank, or, GASP, do something else during Hulkageddon? I hate this event with every fiber of my being and the attitudes behind it but I know better than to undock in a mining barge unless I'm 100% sure no one else is around. Sheesh.

"Do not lift the veil. Do not show the door. Do not split the dream."

Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#184 - 2012-05-04 05:13:14 UTC
No More Heroes wrote:
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Hey,

I find it totally untolarable, that 3 1 mill Isk ships can easily gank my tanked 300mill hull. Sorry, but this makes me really sad. It put me out of business for good, that was my last money. Your cool event just cost CCP a subscriber.


Yes tears are delightful, yadda, yadda, no stuff is to be had, because it all exploded.


Dude...it's pixels.


If it is just pixels then why do the gankbears shed so many tears at the thought of hulks getting a decent tank. Waaahhh, I don't want to pvp, I am too much a coward for that, I want to gank mining ships exploiting the fact that they cannot defend themselves and their fleetmates cannot shoot first, Waaahhhh. Cowards the lot of you.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#185 - 2012-05-04 05:40:51 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:
If it is just pixels then why do the gankbears shed so many tears at the thought of hulks getting a decent tank. Waaahhh, I don't want to pvp, I am too much a coward for that, I want to gank mining ships exploiting the fact that they cannot defend themselves and their fleetmates cannot shoot first, Waaahhhh. Cowards the lot of you.

Well then, why don't you take up pvp yourself and show us who's boss?

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Ketov Aktar
Grey Wolff
#186 - 2012-05-04 06:16:23 UTC
This IS a sandbox Beware of the Cat Turds!! Just sayin....
Kassandra Thiesant
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#187 - 2012-05-04 06:22:29 UTC
I didn't know ships could be blown up in this game, what in the hell?
Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#188 - 2012-05-04 07:12:31 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Bunnie Hop wrote:
If it is just pixels then why do the gankbears shed so many tears at the thought of hulks getting a decent tank. Waaahhh, I don't want to pvp, I am too much a coward for that, I want to gank mining ships exploiting the fact that they cannot defend themselves and their fleetmates cannot shoot first, Waaahhhh. Cowards the lot of you.

Well then, why don't you take up pvp yourself and show us who's boss?


I don't mine so if you want to try to gank one of my characters, bring lots of friends. I have done alot of pvp in the past with my oldest character dating to June, 2003, but now I prefer exploration, wormholes, incursions and lvl 4 and 5s. But I am not afraid of bloated bigmouths like you. I just think people who target mining vessels are bottom feeders who lack courage.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#189 - 2012-05-04 07:16:40 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Bunnie Hop wrote:
If it is just pixels then why do the gankbears shed so many tears at the thought of hulks getting a decent tank. Waaahhh, I don't want to pvp, I am too much a coward for that, I want to gank mining ships exploiting the fact that they cannot defend themselves and their fleetmates cannot shoot first, Waaahhhh. Cowards the lot of you.

Well then, why don't you take up pvp yourself and show us who's boss?


I don't mine so if you want to try to gank one of my characters, bring lots of friends. I have done alot of pvp in the past with my oldest character dating to June, 2003, but now I prefer exploration, wormholes, incursions and lvl 4 and 5s. But I am not afraid of bloated bigmouths like you. I just think people who target mining vessels are bottom feeders who lack courage.

I didn't say I want to gank one of your characters. I just said that you should go and kill the people you perceive are doing wrong, especially since they're cowards, and you're not. Otherwise, claiming that they don't want to pvp because they're cowards just makes you a hypocrite.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#190 - 2012-05-04 07:29:43 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Bunnie Hop wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Bunnie Hop wrote:
If it is just pixels then why do the gankbears shed so many tears at the thought of hulks getting a decent tank. Waaahhh, I don't want to pvp, I am too much a coward for that, I want to gank mining ships exploiting the fact that they cannot defend themselves and their fleetmates cannot shoot first, Waaahhhh. Cowards the lot of you.

Well then, why don't you take up pvp yourself and show us who's boss?


I don't mine so if you want to try to gank one of my characters, bring lots of friends. I have done alot of pvp in the past with my oldest character dating to June, 2003, but now I prefer exploration, wormholes, incursions and lvl 4 and 5s. But I am not afraid of bloated bigmouths like you. I just think people who target mining vessels are bottom feeders who lack courage.

I didn't say I want to gank one of your characters. I just said that you should go and kill the people you perceive are doing wrong, especially since they're cowards, and you're not. Otherwise, claiming that they don't want to pvp because they're cowards just makes you a hypocrite.


Ok, well sorry if I inferred something you didn't imply. Well the problem with gankers is that you can't pvp them. You can't do anything to them in advance, thats why they are cowards. They attack only ships who can't do anything but die. If they became killable to your fleet for target locking a member, that would be at least something. They do not want to pvp, they want to grief. Even if they got a week cooldown aggro time in empire space for ganking to make them killable by anyone so we could hunt them, I would enjoy that immensely.
Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#191 - 2012-05-04 07:34:35 UTC
Remember kids, tanking your ships makes you safe because Hulkageddon is limited to groups of 2 Catalysts.

Total Damage Taken: 19,722
Involved parties: 9

Right?

Total Damage Taken: 55,143

If you have a lot of HP, you're totally safe and won't be ganked.

Total Damage Taken: 62,199

Nobody is going after high-HP targets because it's simply not worth the trouble.

Total Damage Taken: 59,782

So remember kids, fit those expensive T2 tank modules. You won't become a juicy killmail. I promise. Someone in GoonSwarm said so.








Lol
Goran Konjich
Krompany
#192 - 2012-05-04 07:36:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Goran Konjich
what i liked in this thread dr;ntl is that someone said "pixels" <= great ...

,and what i didn't like is why no one of experienced players didn't give a reasonable and viable solution how to defend your hulk from 4-5 gankers ... i know there are couple of methods but why not hear those couple ?

thx

ETA: oh yes ... you can fly covetors and retrievers they are totally safe in hulkageddon

I'm a diplomat. Sometimes i throw 425mm wide briefcases at enemy. Such is EVE.

Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#193 - 2012-05-04 07:40:56 UTC
Goran Konjich wrote:
what i liked in this thread dr;ntl is that someone said "pixels" <= great ...

,and what i didn't like is why no one of experienced player didn't give a reasonable and viable solution how to defend your hulk for 4-5 gankers ... i know there are couple of methods but why not hear those couple ?

thx

ETA: oh yes ... you can fly covetors and retrievers they are totally safe in hulkageddon


There really is no safe method to defend your hulk. You could use logistical support but they would just bring more friends to defeat it. Gankbears are very determined to grief and collect tears. People say to stay aligned and moving, well that sounds like a pita to me. I can't imagine it to be easy to mine while moving. CCP needs to counter this grief mechanic, so many options available to them and yet they do nothing but pander to botttom feeders.
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#194 - 2012-05-04 07:51:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
Remember kids, tanking your ships makes you safe because Hulkageddon is limited to groups of 2 Catalysts.

Total Damage Taken: 19,722
Involved parties: 9

Right?

Total Damage Taken: 55,143

If you have a lot of HP, you're totally safe and won't be ganked.

Total Damage Taken: 62,199

Nobody is going after high-HP targets because it's simply not worth the trouble.

Total Damage Taken: 59,782

So remember kids, fit those expensive T2 tank modules. You won't become a juicy killmail. I promise. Someone in GoonSwarm said so.


Lol



Those are not suicides though. So what's your point? The first one is the other not.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Tara Read
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#195 - 2012-05-04 07:59:59 UTC
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Hey,

I find it totally untolarable, that 3 1 mill Isk ships can easily gank my tanked 300mill hull. Sorry, but this makes me really sad. It put me out of business for good, that was my last money. Your cool event just cost CCP a subscriber.


Yes tears are delightful, yadda, yadda, no stuff is to be had, because it all exploded.


I'll tell ya what. I will give you 300 million isk if you agree to a very graphic and dirty roleplay in private chat with me. This may include various humiliating things that not even Brazilian models with relations with other species would be inclined to perform but for me it is worth every isk.

If not well then I'm sorry you were too stupid to mine anyways. As a matter of fact actually no I've changed my mind. Humiliating you would be like humiliating Hellen Keller except she could actually groan out a proper Hulk fitting if she had to.
No More Heroes
Sanctuary of Shadows
Dock Workers
#196 - 2012-05-04 08:03:26 UTC  |  Edited by: No More Heroes
Bunnie Hop wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Bunnie Hop wrote:
If it is just pixels then why do the gankbears shed so many tears at the thought of hulks getting a decent tank. Waaahhh, I don't want to pvp, I am too much a coward for that, I want to gank mining ships exploiting the fact that they cannot defend themselves and their fleetmates cannot shoot first, Waaahhhh. Cowards the lot of you.

Well then, why don't you take up pvp yourself and show us who's boss?


I don't mine so if you want to try to gank one of my characters, bring lots of friends. I have done alot of pvp in the past with my oldest character dating to June, 2003, but now I prefer exploration, wormholes, incursions and lvl 4 and 5s. But I am not afraid of bloated bigmouths like you. I just think people who target mining vessels are bottom feeders who lack courage.


Capsuleers need to combat eco-terrorism on all levels. There's nothing worse than warping into a belt to enjoy the beautiful serenity of space to find it littered with Giant Secure Containers named: all manner of vile and profane things. Even worse when they are named: 1122,2233,3344 because you know these rock hungry mongrels are going from belt to belt in coordinated effort to strip mine that entire region. The once majestic asteroids of that pristine pocket reduced to rubble and ashes.

We will beat our plowshares into swords and fight to the very last Tornado!

.

Tara Read
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#197 - 2012-05-04 08:08:59 UTC
No More Heroes wrote:
Bunnie Hop wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Bunnie Hop wrote:
If it is just pixels then why do the gankbears shed so many tears at the thought of hulks getting a decent tank. Waaahhh, I don't want to pvp, I am too much a coward for that, I want to gank mining ships exploiting the fact that they cannot defend themselves and their fleetmates cannot shoot first, Waaahhhh. Cowards the lot of you.

Well then, why don't you take up pvp yourself and show us who's boss?


I don't mine so if you want to try to gank one of my characters, bring lots of friends. I have done alot of pvp in the past with my oldest character dating to June, 2003, but now I prefer exploration, wormholes, incursions and lvl 4 and 5s. But I am not afraid of bloated bigmouths like you. I just think people who target mining vessels are bottom feeders who lack courage.


Capsuleers need to combat eco-terrorism on all levels. There's nothing worse than warping into a belt to enjoy the beautiful serenity of space to find it littered with Giant Secure Containers named: all manner of vile and profane things. Even worse when they are named: 1122,2233,3344 because you know these rock hungry mongrels are going from belt to belt in coordinated effort to strip mine that entire region. The once majestic asteroids of that pristine pocket reduced to rubble and ashes.

We will beat our plowshares into swords and fight to the very last Tornado!


You know you can turn that sh&t off in your overview? Sigh.... Pirate
Cpt Roghie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#198 - 2012-05-04 08:10:32 UTC
Bye!

This could be fun.

Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#199 - 2012-05-04 08:29:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Dodixie MarketSlave wrote:
Seriusly, I dont want to look harsh of something like that, but everybody knows and you knew before you sing up that EVE is a hardcore game. People plays eve because they can **** other people, PvP and there is no secure area. I mean High sec is highly situational...
To sum up part of the EvE sucess as a game is because of it's ruthless nature, other way people would be playing softcore mmo's like WoW and etc.


Yes but hardcore does also mean in my book that a certain rewarding situation (getting a kill, getting the lewt, getting the salvage) needs to come at a risk.
These "ruthless" guys you are referring to are just the 12th grader you'd expect extorting the lunch money from a third grader....

No risk, all reward. Come on, is that so hard to see. These htfu yellers are the real carebears. Nothing hardcore here.



You have it all backwards nubcake. The gankers all have risk with no promise of reward. The ship they use is guarenteed to blow up. There is no promise of loot that will drop nor tears to be collected. Plus a loss of security rating which brings travel restrictions whether they succeed or not.

The miner on the other hand is guarenteed to turn a profit if he goes mining. Where is the risk? The gankers, but only if they find him.
David Cedarbridge
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#200 - 2012-05-04 08:34:07 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
Remember kids, tanking your ships makes you safe because Hulkageddon is limited to groups of 2 Catalysts.

Total Damage Taken: 19,722
Involved parties: 9

Right?

Total Damage Taken: 55,143

If you have a lot of HP, you're totally safe and won't be ganked.

Total Damage Taken: 62,199

Nobody is going after high-HP targets because it's simply not worth the trouble.

Total Damage Taken: 59,782

So remember kids, fit those expensive T2 tank modules. You won't become a juicy killmail. I promise. Someone in GoonSwarm said so.


Lol



Those are not suicides though. So what's your point? The first one is the other not.

Not empty quoting.