These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Inferno Features on Singularity

First post First post
Author
Ibeau Renoir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#141 - 2012-05-02 17:33:28 UTC
CCP RubberBAND wrote:
- Number of assembly lines increases by 1 for every level

What about copy slots? They're way scarcer than assembly lines.

Ceci n'est pas un sig.

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#142 - 2012-05-02 17:33:58 UTC
Cearain wrote:
CCP RubberBAND wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
That's low sec only right? just making sure, other than that I look forward to the changes : ) anything is better than the lack of updates for the past what... 2-3 years?


Correct. This only applies to the FW systems (I.e. they are all Low Sec systems, this will not extend to Empire or Nullsec). Certainly we realize that FW requires much love and we have some very nice work going on the UI front for FW that will make it into Inferno also. In addition we intend to keep working on improving FW post Inferno with the same dedication seen for this expansion.

Looking forward to the feedback.



You already have feedback on this issue of locking people out of stations. I hate it. People who do sov null sec love it. This shouldn't be surprising, because it makes faction war more like sov null sec.


I like it, I've been in FW since day 1. only left to join a different FW corp.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#143 - 2012-05-02 17:33:59 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Rara Yariza wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:


...HURFBLURF I DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT...




It will promote blobbing, it will hinder roaming gangs, it will be a grindfest. Anyone can see that. If that was a troll then well played, but if not.. haha, oh wow. Lowsec should not be more like 0.0.


You do realize that no matter how many times you say something, it does'nt make it any more true.

Lets take an easy one.

Explain to me just how not being able to dock in the target system will hinder roaming gangs.

I'll wait.


1) It will be easier for a larger force to trap and attack your gang.

2) It will be harder to wait out gcc

3) I have to build in more time for my game play to go several jumps back to where I can dock everytime I roam. (or I will need to gimp my fit with a cloak)



The first and the third reasons are the main reasons I do not roam in null sec.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Stalking Mantis
Amarrian Vengeance
Team Amarrica
#144 - 2012-05-02 17:35:13 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
would go a long way to adding story depth to FW without actually doing very much work.


Just like you following Damar from FW post to FW post without ever being a factor in the FW warfront. In the word of the immortal Lockout......'Again when is the last time you were relevant in FW?'

Amarr Liason Officer Extraordinare -->Check Out Amarrian Vengeance/Amarr FW History from 2011 to 2014 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=352629&find=unread

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#145 - 2012-05-02 17:37:36 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:

I like it, I've been in FW since day 1. only left to join a different FW corp.


Ah yes the exception that proves the rule. Big smile

Do you agree it makes faction war more like sov null sec?


Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Khaayz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#146 - 2012-05-02 17:38:09 UTC
3 hours ? It's been a while now come on CCP
Wolodymyr
Breaking Ambitions
#147 - 2012-05-02 17:41:55 UTC
CCP RubberBAND wrote:
- Number of assembly lines increases by 1 for every level
What happens when one faction fills up their extra manufacturing slots. Then they lose the station and the extra slots, but there are still manufacturing jobs going. Do the manufacturing jobs get interrupted?

I honestly think PoCo based sov is a good idea https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1417544

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#148 - 2012-05-02 17:42:39 UTC
Stalking Mantis wrote:
Just like you following Damar from FW post to FW post without ever being a factor in the FW warfront. In the word of the immortal Lockout......'Again when is the last time you were relevant in FW?'


A more relevant question is "when was the last time I gave a damn?" I don't, last time I checked, require your approval to play a video game, nor to express my opinions on same. When that changes, don't worry - I'll make sure to only do things that make you happy.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#149 - 2012-05-02 17:43:49 UTC
Hey ccp, have you thought about asking the guys who make board games at white wolf what they think? It would be cool if FW stole some ideas from the eve board game. It had some interesting mechanics.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

sYnc Vir
Wolfsbrigade
Ghost Legion.
#150 - 2012-05-02 17:45:08 UTC  |  Edited by: sYnc Vir
So you made Fw more like 0.0. Awesome sauce, part from the fact alot of the people have been in Null and didn't like it.

You've pretty much just sealed it so alot of FW corps will just leave to get their stuff out and more than likely not return. Low Sec is more likely about to get alot more Pirates and only two miltia who will be too far apart acutally fight, or on the same side.

As the Gals and Minnies have more pilots it won't actually take them long to flip systems in the TZ they Vastly outnumber their Enemies.

Your idea is half asses, and every FW pilot can see it. You're coming off as people too stupid to actually understand that pilots in FW DO NOT want a stepping stone to Null Sec. That said I can see many friends will soon no longer call themselfs an FW pilot because their are otherways of making isk and being a pirate gives you more targets anyway and no locking out. Sorry but your Idea of Datecore Farming was always going to be ********. not a good reward at all.

Don't ask about Italics, just tilt your head.

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#151 - 2012-05-02 17:46:34 UTC
Jesus christ there is a lot of whining about FW going on in this thread.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#152 - 2012-05-02 17:46:49 UTC
Rara Yariza wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:


You do realize that no matter how many times you say something, it does'nt make it any more true.

Lets take an easy one.

Explain to me just how not being able to dock in the target system will hinder roaming gangs.

I'll wait.


Your first sentence is ironic, just so you know.

Example 1) lets take a small gang on a roam in other faction space, even though they own the systems. We can take buffer fits, hmm what if we get in a fight and do win, we have to make our way back to our systems to repair and hope we dont get caught with this damage already on us.
Well what about active fits? sure hope we dont run out cap boosters or nanite paste etc.. cuz we gotta make our way bac.... you see where this is going?

argument 1) - jump out to highsec to replenish - if we are in the opposing faction space the surrounding highsec is their faction not ours. lets hope no-one is around to pin us down and let the navy take us out.

argument 2) - bring logi - lets hope he doesnt get popped hey! cuz who primaries logi?

argument 3) - fit local remote reps - so we have to gimp our fits to fight ?

Say what lets not take small gangs, just bring the biggest amount of people we can find and grind systems back. constantly.




WOW!

Do you even understand what a roaming gang is?

Or for that matter what its strengths, goals, tactics, and fit are?

Seriously, I don't think we can have this discussion at your current level... which I realize is a dickish thing to say but... just wow.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Emmerik
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#153 - 2012-05-02 17:47:23 UTC
nvm... delete plz
Capt Clavain
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#154 - 2012-05-02 17:50:27 UTC
looking forward to this. great job guys
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#155 - 2012-05-02 17:51:28 UTC
sYnc Vir wrote:
So you made Fw more like 0.0. Awesome sauce, part from the fact that alot of the people tried Null and didn't like it cause of things like station locking out.

You've pretty much just sealed it so alot of FW corps will just leave to get their stuff out and more than likely not return. Low Sec is more likely about to get alot more Pirates and only two miltia who will be too far apart acutally fight, or on the same side.

As the Gals and Minnies have more pilots it won't actually take them long to flip systems in the TZ they Vastly outnumber their Enemies.

You idea is half asses, and every FW pilot can see it. You're coming off as people too stupid to actually understand that pilots in FW DO NOT want a stepping stone to Null Sec. That said I foresee many friends will soon no longer call themselfs an FW pilot because their are otherways of making isk and being a pirate gives you more targets anyway and no locking out. Sry but your Idea of Datecore Farming was always going to be ********. not a good reward at all.



To be fair the station lockout idea is really the only horrible idea here. The rest are pretty decent ideas. Yes the increased consequences is controversial but it has its pluses.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Rara Yariza
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#156 - 2012-05-02 17:55:43 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
[

WOW!

Do you even understand what a roaming gang is?

Or for that matter what its strengths, goals, tactics, and fit are?

Seriously, I don't think we can have this discussion at your current level... which I realize is a dickish thing to say but... just wow.


Really? You are so out of touch with what's going on. Lowsec isn't 0.0, it shouldn't ever be 0.0. Think about what roaming gangs are in relation to facwar, not 0.0 you utter tool.
Shaak'Ti
The Public Enemy.
#157 - 2012-05-02 17:55:49 UTC
Rara Yariza wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:


You do realize that no matter how many times you say something, it does'nt make it any more true.

Lets take an easy one.

Explain to me just how not being able to dock in the target system will hinder roaming gangs.

I'll wait.


Your first sentence is ironic, just so you know.

Example 1) lets take a small gang on a roam in other faction space, even though they own the systems. We can take buffer fits, hmm what if we get in a fight and do win, we have to make our way back to our systems to repair and hope we dont get caught with this damage already on us.
Well what about active fits? sure hope we dont run out cap boosters or nanite paste etc.. cuz we gotta make our way bac.... you see where this is going?

argument 1) - jump out to highsec to replenish - if we are in the opposing faction space the surrounding highsec is their faction not ours. lets hope no-one is around to pin us down and let the navy take us out.

argument 2) - bring logi - lets hope he doesnt get popped hey! cuz who primaries logi?

argument 3) - fit local remote reps - so we have to gimp our fits to fight ?

Say what lets not take small gangs, just bring the biggest amount of people we can find and grind systems back. constantly.



If "A" type of fleet can kill "B" Type, "B" type can kill "C", and "C" can kill "A":

We roam with "C" type of fleet, they see us, they dock, they change "B" type of fleet in one min .. we can die, or leave, we can go back with "B" or "A" type of fleet.
They see us while coming back and change in one min again to proper ships.. we can jump 100times on gates while he just dock, and change proper ships every times.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#158 - 2012-05-02 17:56:38 UTC
Rara Yariza wrote:
Really? You are so out of touch with what's going on. Lowsec isn't 0.0, it shouldn't ever be 0.0. Think about what roaming gangs are in relation to facwar, not 0.0 you utter tool.


Please tell us, in your own words, what you think roaming gangs are.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Rara Yariza
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#159 - 2012-05-02 17:59:34 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Rara Yariza wrote:
Really? You are so out of touch with what's going on. Lowsec isn't 0.0, it shouldn't ever be 0.0. Think about what roaming gangs are in relation to facwar, not 0.0 you utter tool.


Please tell us, in your own words, what you think roaming gangs are.


Please tell us, in your own words what you think the goals of roaming gangs are in facwar.
sYnc Vir
Wolfsbrigade
Ghost Legion.
#160 - 2012-05-02 18:00:16 UTC  |  Edited by: sYnc Vir
Cearain wrote:
sYnc Vir wrote:
So you made Fw more like 0.0. Awesome sauce, part from the fact that alot of the people tried Null and didn't like it cause of things like station locking out.

You've pretty much just sealed it so alot of FW corps will just leave to get their stuff out and more than likely not return. Low Sec is more likely about to get alot more Pirates and only two miltia who will be too far apart acutally fight, or on the same side.

As the Gals and Minnies have more pilots it won't actually take them long to flip systems in the TZ they Vastly outnumber their Enemies.

You idea is half asses, and every FW pilot can see it. You're coming off as people too stupid to actually understand that pilots in FW DO NOT want a stepping stone to Null Sec. That said I foresee many friends will soon no longer call themselfs an FW pilot because their are otherways of making isk and being a pirate gives you more targets anyway and no locking out. Sry but your Idea of Datecore Farming was always going to be ********. not a good reward at all.



To be fair the station lockout idea is really the only horrible idea here. The rest are pretty decent ideas. Yes the increased consequences is controversial but it has its pluses.


I would be fine with the station lock out IF flipping a Station was more than a 5 hour job. If it took more time than fine but asking people to put up with losing there system while they sleep is stupid. No amount of changes after the effect will change that. Plexing is in need of a change, everyone inside FW knows that even those of use that refuse to do it.

IF the timers change on plex spawns then fine, lock out station. Don't know why they include nuetral stations but whatever. A better idea would be just have two station in every FW system. Then have only the FW station do repairs, medical clones and so on. This way you still have a station to base out of but no benifits like station repairs of medical clones.

Don't ask about Italics, just tilt your head.