These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

What happned to the mineral markets?

Author
Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2012-05-11 02:54:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Sisohiv
Drone Poo nerf hit supply by around 40%
Titan nerf hit demand by about the same.

CCP buffed belts as well. I notice it in .7 and .8 sec belts so I can only imagine what the buff looks like in true null.

- Or there is an exploit and CCP just haven't caught wind of it yet.
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#42 - 2012-05-11 05:03:30 UTC  |  Edited by: corestwo
Ahhh, passing off made up garbage and random anecdotes as fact. You'll do well in MD.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#43 - 2012-05-11 05:14:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Ireland VonVicious
What happened?

Exactly what I thought would happen.

Yay profit! Suck it nerds. Twisted
Hammer Crendraven
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2012-05-11 05:18:30 UTC
Alexis Valentyne wrote:
Around 5.5m was selling at 1250 per unit and I couldn't decide whether to go for it or not and take a risk. Two minutes later they were all gone. Whether someone took them or the seller got scared and cancelled the order, I'll never know. Either way, I'm kicking myself.

Um yes you can tell check the total volume of sales. I bet that 5.5m did not trade. In fact in the essence region for the last two days only 1% of the normal volume has traded on all mineral types. Two days in a row. How long can volume levels remain at 1% of normal before something has to give? Now we all know Jita is not in essence region. So if the people are going elsewhere for minerals it sure is not essence. But the volume of buy orders out strips the sell order volume by a factor of 100-1,
so we do have people wanting to buy a whole lot but at cheap prices. Prices low enough that nobody is willing to sell to fill those orders. Well not entirely nobody 1% is still filling.

Makes me wonder how much of that normal market activity is traders moving material out of essence and how much is being used in essence. My guess is 1% is used in region the other 99% was being moved by traders. Those traders are not finding any place else to sell to either so their buy prices are set so low no none are filling. However the in region producers are still making stuff and using some 1% of the average normal daily minerals traded in region.
Hammer Crendraven
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2012-05-11 05:22:03 UTC
Debiru wrote:
Burn Jita didn't result in the mineral price drop abroad. Mineral prices may have gone down some inside Jita, but not by much. Remember that most of the minerals in sale in Jita come from elsewhere. Therefor, Burn Jita might cause a temporary drop in prices, but then Jita prices would adjust back upwards to match the three other market hubs that were not targeted during the Burn. During Burn Jita, Dodixie mineral prices really had no change whatsoever, and prices only started to go down yesterday.

Isotope prices have fluctuated due to Hulkageddon, yes. They spiked in price right after Hulkageddon's implementation was announced being set in stone - That it would, in fact, take place. Local topes have gone down a bit since the initial spike, but foreign ones are still up in Dodixie. I think this is due to a lack of isotope traders. Everyone trades up to Jita, but trade in Isotopes between the three other hubs seems to be down.

But have you looked at the volume of sales in Dodixie? Fell of the chart is what happened. Volume is way down from normal levels. Prices might not have changed but not much is moving anywhere.
Sisohiv
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-05-11 05:40:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Sisohiv
corestwo wrote:
Ahhh, passing off made up garbage and random anecdotes as fact. You'll do well in MD.

My guess, people are making observations and sharing them. We don't pretend to be some big wheel in a fantasy market.

Goonswarm

Hammer Crendraven wrote:

But have you looked at the volume of sales in Dodixie? Fell of the chart is what happened. Volume is way down from normal levels. Prices might not have changed but not much is moving anywhere.

Yea, i did notice. Volumes on alot of things dropped in Jita. I was watching launchers because of Inferno and I also noticed someone either pulled or filled all the orders for Meta 4 torpedo launchers in Jita. The highest buy order is 200K. It used to be 500K with sell at around 600K. Someone is donkey riding the markets all over.
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#47 - 2012-05-11 06:27:18 UTC
Sisohiv wrote:
corestwo wrote:

My guess, people are making observations and sharing them. We don't pretend to be some big wheel in a fantasy market.

"Guess" is a more concise way of saying "made up garbage and random anecdotes", yes.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Sisohiv
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2012-05-11 07:09:49 UTC
corestwo wrote:
Sisohiv wrote:
corestwo wrote:

"Guess" is a more concise way of saying "made up garbage and random anecdotes", yes.

I suppose I could spend all my time taking snot shots at other people but you have that covered. Besides, I don't have the fear of failure you seem to be afflicted with.
Darth Tickles
Doomheim
#49 - 2012-05-11 12:08:03 UTC
Sisohiv wrote:
I suppose I could spend all my time taking snot shots at other people but you have that covered. Besides, I don't have the fear of failure you seem to be afflicted with.

No, he's right to call you out for your farcical bullshit. It's a very necessary form of self-regulation, without which this shithole would go from nauseating to entirely unbearable.
Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#50 - 2012-05-11 17:15:49 UTC
Darth Tickles wrote:
Sisohiv wrote:

No, he's right to call you out for your farcical bullshit. It's a very necessary form of self-regulation, without which this shithole would go from nauseating to entirely unbearable.

Topic Header: What happened to Minerals:

Mineral prices are down.
Trit is down
Zydrine is down
Morphite is down
Megacyte is down
Pyrite is down

What was it people did wrong in the eyes of the Moonswarm forum tribunal?
Oh, nothing. He's a troll. I call bullshit.
Pitfighter
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2012-05-14 08:59:45 UTC
for those of us sitting on a pile of nox, who due to RL commitments missed the peak, but bought in well before the pax nerf, should we hold for a long term or slowly dump, ? isk return is more my priorty as i dont need the liquid isk,

thoughts ?
kakarifar
LOOK BOTH WAYS
#52 - 2012-05-14 09:46:08 UTC
I'm in a similar position in terms of missing the get out, but fortunately im not in need of the liquid isk. So I will be holding, but in all honesty I was holding for at least the mid term anyway. But I would of taken advantage of profit taking and bought in again at the lower price.

They seem to be peaking up a little but that might of been weekend activity.
Previous page123