These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hulkageddon V: Unholy Union. 4000 dead miners.

Author
Acid Kanshi
AIFAM
#121 - 2012-05-03 05:39:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Acid Kanshi
You guys do realize that you are basically fracking yourselves in the face by killing miners right?

If you have no clue, then all the minerals, ships, modules, ammo on the market are there because of those miners who actually are bothered to do that boring job most players don't. There are no magical NPC sellers selling minerals, ships or modules. Everything comes from those carebears. Blink

You guys are the ones who pay more and more each time you buy a ship or module because there is fewer and fewer supply for minerals for manufacturers to build. Then there are those geniuses who wonder why mineral market is unstable. Lol

Actually it is a pretty nice plan. Let the zombies compete each other for killing miners. Mineral, module, ship etc. prices rise. Organizers or people of interest (goons?) start selling their stockpile. Related somehow with Jita Burning event? (mad conspiracy theory) Cool

Reminds me of real life where average citizen is a body chasing the carrot on a stick attached on his head in front of him. P

Just saying Attention

EVE-Cost is a manufacturing tool for EVE players. http://www.eve-cost.eu

Verte Sinkon
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#122 - 2012-05-03 06:14:24 UTC
There really should be some sort of Postergeddon event where everybody who has posted this terribly tiresome "You are shooting yourself in the foot!" theory is hunted down and exploded.
Testerxnot Sheepherder
Get Isk or Die Mining
#123 - 2012-05-03 08:01:07 UTC
Acid Kanshi wrote:
You guys do realize that you are basically fracking yourselves in the face by killing miners right?

If you have no clue, then all the minerals, ships, modules, ammo on the market are there because of those miners who actually are bothered to do that boring job most players don't. There are no magical NPC sellers selling minerals, ships or modules. Everything comes from those carebears. Blink

You guys are the ones who pay more and more each time you buy a ship or module because there is fewer and fewer supply for minerals for manufacturers to build. Then there are those geniuses who wonder why mineral market is unstable. Lol

Actually it is a pretty nice plan. Let the zombies compete each other for killing miners. Mineral, module, ship etc. prices rise. Organizers or people of interest (goons?) start selling their stockpile. Related somehow with Jita Burning event? (mad conspiracy theory) Cool

Reminds me of real life where average citizen is a body chasing the carrot on a stick attached on his head in front of him. P

Just saying Attention

Protip: they know all this, and it's explicitly one of the reasons they're doing it.

Quit dat whining and enjoy the slaughter
Hera Shadowburkan
Anthrax Gamma Co.
#124 - 2012-05-03 08:16:01 UTC
Kievan Arakyd wrote:
I never realized how dumb highsec miners were until i started to help gank them with my gang. No tank, no rep support, some even only fit 2 strip miners on hulks.

Burn them all.

http://i.imgur.com/7jfND.jpg

What do you expect when they are mining at high-sec ? Supercarriers and capital ships,coverin their backs ?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#125 - 2012-05-03 08:35:50 UTC
Hera Shadowburkan wrote:
Kievan Arakyd wrote:
I never realized how dumb highsec miners were until i started to help gank them with my gang. No tank, no rep support, some even only fit 2 strip miners on hulks.

Burn them all.

http://i.imgur.com/7jfND.jpg

What do you expect when they are mining at high-sec ? Supercarriers and capital ships,coverin their backs ?

Apparently even a minimal attempt at advancing their own self interest in game is too much to expect.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#126 - 2012-05-03 09:53:27 UTC
Acid Kanshi wrote:

Once it's more profitable to mine than to do other things for money, you can be assured that a whole bunch of us scumbags will be mining on our alts. Ever heard of the supply and demand curve?

Minerals have remained relatively stable since the game went live. In fact, the only "instability" came as a result of CCP interfering with the market by either introducing new stuff that shifted the demand for certain mineral types (who remembers the Mex boom of 2006?), or by changing game mechanics, such as introducing, and recently nerfing, the drone regions, Pax Amarria nerf, etc. Heck, if you don't take into account what has happened over the last two months, mineral prices have remained flat for almost half a decade. I mean, I can barely remember a time when a Tier 2 BS hull cost over 85 million ISK.

So, mineral prices have remained constant, and suicide-ganking has always existed. What does this tell you, oh mighty armchair economist?

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Acid Kanshi
AIFAM
#127 - 2012-05-03 09:58:22 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

So, mineral prices have remained constant, and suicide-ganking has always existed. What does this tell you, oh mighty armchair economist?

That you have no clue what you are talking about. Lol

EVE-Cost is a manufacturing tool for EVE players. http://www.eve-cost.eu

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#128 - 2012-05-03 10:02:51 UTC
Acid Kanshi wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

That you have no clue what you are talking about. Lol

Thanks for letting me know, Mr. Forum Alt. Without your sage advice, I doubt I'd even be able to breathe and not choke on the air.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Prince Kobol
#129 - 2012-05-03 11:12:45 UTC
Every year when Hulkageddon comes around you always see the same threads being posted and most of time people are so completely of the mark its unreal.

People like Hulkageddon because they are getting paid to blow **** up.

It really is that simple.

So this year is a bit different because the goons are helping to sponsor it, I'm more surprised its take this long for them to do it then the fact they have gotten involved.

I'm sure they will be making isk out of it, so what?

Eve is a sandbox, the only limitation is your imagination.

I might not agree with everything the goons do or say, but I will give them a massive amount of credit for making New Eden a more interesting place to live in and for playing the game the way they want to play it.

So, either STFU or do something to stop them, either way all bitching on the forums does makes for a happy goon.

Skorpynekomimi
#130 - 2012-05-03 12:07:24 UTC
Haven't got me yet. Just takes a few precautions, is all.
My hulk survived the ice interdiction, and it'll survive this. It does help that I rarely undock it, though.

Still. Go, blow up my competitors. Increase demand for my goods. I'm not gonna bawl on the forums over it. Just sit quietly in the back, letting the ISK roll in.
And hell, mineral prices are starting to go up in places after the post-drone-nerf drop of people unloading stashes. I'll just have to run mining ops afterwards.

Economic PVP

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#131 - 2012-05-03 12:11:59 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Molang wrote:
Token care bear speaking

years ago I used to mine for my bread. Man am I glad I got out of the business. small profits, more dangerous than lvl 4 missions,

Yup, my 2 Billion a week with mining, PI, Missions, and Manufacturing BY MYSELF (we are all independent in Corp) and a few other odds and ends, is just so pathetic.

You have no clue what you speak of TBH.

if you want to pretend your vanity corp is not a vanity corp don't make all the names similar dude

I am not the only member. Accusation fail.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#132 - 2012-05-03 12:12:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Weaselior wrote:
also every so often you accidentally post with one of the others and clearly didn't realize it

The only time I've posted with the others was around the end of March into April when Krixtal was banned for 2 weeks. Twisted

You must be really bored. Why don't you do something else. It's a nice day out there.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#133 - 2012-05-04 11:41:31 UTC
Tee-hee...URP-SPLOSION!!

Ni.

Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#134 - 2012-05-04 18:31:17 UTC
Acid Kanshi wrote:

Attention

Of course we know. Do you think we're stupid?

We just. don't. care :)
Thomas Kreshant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#135 - 2012-05-04 18:35:24 UTC
As I've got my 1.2 mil SP I'm kind of hoping all the miners quit mining and do something else, I'd get a mini reset to the game where people ended up flying frigs and cruisers etc which would be helpful.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#136 - 2012-05-04 18:46:36 UTC
Chandaris wrote:
Acid Kanshi wrote:

If you have no clue, then all the minerals, ships, modules, ammo on the market are there because of those miners who actually are bothered to do that boring job most players don't. There are no magical NPC sellers selling minerals, ships or modules. Everything comes from those carebears. BlinkAttention

Of course we know. Do you think we're stupid?

We just. don't. care :)

Sure. Just stop mining and watch as the isk per hour passes you by ~~ like a soft breeze of wallet flashes, forgone.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#137 - 2012-05-04 18:48:43 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
So this year is a bit different because the goons are helping to sponsor it, I'm more surprised its take this long for them to do it then the fact they have gotten involved.

I'm sure they will be making isk out of it, so what?

Eve is a sandbox, the only limitation is your imagination.

I might not agree with everything the goons do or say, but I will give them a massive amount of credit for making New Eden a more interesting place to live in and for playing the game the way they want to play it.

So, either STFU or do something to stop them, either way all bitching on the forums does makes for a happy goon.

Oh by the way, don't just give away our source of power - EVEO forums bitching. They might sto---- ahahaha no they won't.

Hm, the alliance does make gains as tech (in hulks etc) is destroyed. Well, that's what I hear anyway. Sounds good though, more for us ^__^/

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Dragon Outlaw
Rogue Fleet
#138 - 2012-05-04 18:49:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Dragon Outlaw
Meanwhile in World of Tanks...an Eve miner has is tier VII tank stock on a rock. ... And blames CCP.
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#139 - 2012-05-04 19:13:38 UTC
Soon to be OVER 9000!
Eva Lawson
#140 - 2012-05-04 19:25:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Eva Lawson
TWHC Assistant wrote:
Keep an eye on the player count. The numbers are going down compared to last week. Use it as a tear-o-meter if you like or to measure your success.

Less players online = People crying?

Flawless logic.

Skorpynekomimi wrote:
Haven't got me yet. Just takes a few precautions, is all.
My hulk survived the ice interdiction, and it'll survive this. It does help that I rarely undock it, though.

Still. Go, blow up my competitors. Increase demand for my goods. I'm not gonna bawl on the forums over it. Just sit quietly in the back, letting the ISK roll in.
And hell, mineral prices are starting to go up in places after the post-drone-nerf drop of people unloading stashes. I'll just have to run mining ops afterwards.

It really is that simple; this man knows how to play the underdog. Stay safe and sell high, Skorpy ;D