These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hulkageddon V: Unholy Union. 4000 dead miners.

Author
Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#81 - 2012-05-01 19:21:06 UTC
Alhezhar Alabyd al-Mu'minin wrote:
Helicity Boson wrote:
Alhezhar Alabyd al-Mu'minin wrote:
I am extremely disappointed that there is no Opt Out For 200m Isk link on the Hulkageddon page.

I'm not much for scamming really.

I know right, how weird is that. I never steal the billions and billions of prize money either :(

I fail at piracy.

It's not a scam, we actually earn loads on the opt-out programs because we're very good at managing the whitelist--who wouldn't want to earn money just for NOT killing somebody?

I hope you'll excuse me if I brag a little here, but we've built a Goonfleet Hulkageddon Opt Out Program infrastructure that puts to shame our previous opt-out programs--all YOU'd need to do is add an extra tab labelled Opt Out informing folks that it's an option should they want it =D

Applying to the opt-out program

just send $50 US to....

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#82 - 2012-05-01 20:30:17 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Fannie Maes wrote:

High-sec is less reward with more enemies and greater risks than 0.0 ever was.

edit; don't believe me? take a covert ops into 0.0 cloak and watch local clear out while you watch a movie.

Malcanis wrote:

People who say this never live in 0.0

I can't work out why

Lol Stop with the BS, really. Someone who says otherwise is the person who never lived in 0.0 mining and doing PVE.

I have done both, and these days I make my ISK missioning in 0.0 and hi-sec

Hi sec is about 100x safer.

Grab a Hulk and mine in high sec then. Go on, do it. Blink

Sure thing, as long as you grab one and start mining in G-0Q.

We'll see who lasts longest, shall we?

Sounds good to me. I was actually there about three weeks ago and before I entered the system everyone had docked/cloaked/POS'd/logged before I even loaded the jump in grid. So what has changed that you are not telling me?

In all seriousness, you know damn well mining anywhere besides high sec is safer. So stop playing stupid. I shouldn't have to go into great detail why with you.
Amanda Holland
Doomheim
#83 - 2012-05-01 20:37:56 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:

Sounds good to me. I was actually there about three weeks ago and before I entered the system everyone had docked/cloaked/POS'd/logged before I even loaded the jump in grid. So what has changed that you are not telling me?

In all seriousness, you know damn well mining anywhere besides high sec is safer. So stop playing stupid. I shouldn't have to go into great detail why with you.

Hell yes mining in 0.0 is safer (and cmon, lets not be completely brain dead about what one means when they say that shall we? You know FULL WELL they mean mining in corp held space). You know who will kill you every time they warp in system. In high sec you dont till theyre in your belt

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) vroom vroom motorcycle CCP to the sandbox: "This "adapt or die" attitude is nothing new to EVE, but we want to give it a constant rhythm that is a bit more under our control than in the past"

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#84 - 2012-05-02 23:52:06 UTC
Helicity Boson wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:

If you consider less players playing Eve a success you are literally a terrorist, and IMHO, a total douche also.

The former is fact, latter opinion.

What I am doing is literally the same as blowing up children on a bus. You heard it here first people!

Perspective. You lack it.

Either you can read and comprehend definitions or you cant.

If you can't do it yourself you should ask mittens for help.

He's a lawyer after all.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#85 - 2012-05-02 23:54:11 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:
If you consider less players playing Eve a success you are literally a terrorist

Cipher Jones wrote:
literally

Cipher Jones wrote:
terrorist

I do not think one of these words means what you think it means.

Then you are sincerely ******* below average intelligence.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Nimbus Cloud Liebrum
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2012-05-02 23:56:50 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
Proletariat Tingtango wrote:
Drag The Carebears Into The Actual Game Kicking And Screaming Like Children Every Day.

You've got that wrong. You and yours are like any numbers of people who lash out at others when you don't get enough attention. You're not making people do anything for their own benefit. You're merely preying upon miners because they can't shoot back and you're too pathetic to find real fights.

You and yours are more like those kids that bring assault rifles to their highschool to "show the world" that you're hardcore.

well said Smile
Simple Miner
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#87 - 2012-05-03 00:01:12 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:

If you can't do it yourself you should ask mittens for help.

He's a lawyer after all.

Mittens is already helping...and in other ways.

YOU lack perspective.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#88 - 2012-05-03 00:03:42 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:

Then you are sincerely ******* below average intelligence.

I would agree that suicide ganking is comparable to terrorism.

But Hulkageddon comes with fair warning and no surprise (for most players).

Did they give fair warning before 9/11 ??

I didn't think so.

THAT's terrorism.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#89 - 2012-05-03 00:05:21 UTC

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Spy 21
Doomheim
#90 - 2012-05-03 00:08:04 UTC
The Hulk is a Null Sec industry ship anyway. They do not belong in High Security Empire space.
Not trolling, I really think that.

Please make Hulkageddon a monthly contest with monthly winners and an ongoing interdiction,,, I have a Domi fit for mining and as soon as I get my Orca alt I will be able to pull nearly 1k a minute mining in high sec space....

Push the Exhumers to Null... leave the high sec mining for mining cruisers, barges and the occasional oddly fit Battleship.

S

Obfuscation for the WIN on page 3...

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#91 - 2012-05-03 00:12:34 UTC
since 0.0 is so safe and it has the best ores why aren't you all mining there

hmm?

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Sara XIII
The Carnifex Corp
#92 - 2012-05-03 00:18:00 UTC
Andski wrote:

hmm?

gate camps

no friends

an abrasive attitude

I feel bad now. Can I stop there? Sad
Between Ignorance and Wisdom
Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2012-05-03 00:20:26 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
Drag The Carebears Into The Actual Game Kicking And Screaming Like Children Every Day.

You've got that wrong. You and yours are like any numbers of people who lash out at others when you don't get enough attention. You're not making people do anything for their own benefit. You're merely preying upon miners because they can't shoot back and you're too pathetic to find real fights.

You and yours are more like those kids that bring assault rifles to their highschool to "show the world" that you're hardcore.

This is a late response, but I'm not one to let stupidity go unchecked.
I'm not participating in hulkageddon. I didn't even take part in Jitageddon even though I was more than able.

I don't need "attention". Goons don't need attention. Pirates don't need attention. We just have fun killing hi-sec miners. It's really fun, and it's easy to justify. After all, what kind of sad person pays $15/mo or PLEX to shoot laser beams at space rocks in a video game? It's a sad waste of money, so regardless of intention, anything that disrupts this awful style of play is actually an incredibly righteous crusade.

You seem threatened by what I said earlier, but I didn't say anything that wasn't true. If you play the game by auto-piloting through systems, land on an asteroid belt, and start afk-mining, you're a terrible person. You deserve to lose your ship, your pod, and whatever pittance you've made paying to not play a game.
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#94 - 2012-05-03 00:22:48 UTC
Andski wrote:

hmm?

The hard part is getting there and back. If you're living there it's easy street. Until a stranger enters local. Then panic breaks out.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#95 - 2012-05-03 00:27:38 UTC
Dead miners? Or just dead ships?

I guess it doesn't matter, not much consequence to either.
"If."
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#96 - 2012-05-03 00:30:32 UTC
Sara XIII wrote:
Andski wrote:

hmm?

gate camps

no friends

an abrasive attitude

scouts

make some

learn how to be sociable

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#97 - 2012-05-03 00:32:33 UTC
Spy 21 wrote:
The Hulk is a Null Sec industry ship anyway. They do not belong in High Security Empire space.
Not trolling, I really think that.

Please make Hulkageddon a monthly contest with monthly winners and an ongoing interdiction,,, I have a Domi fit for mining and as soon as I get my Orca alt I will be able to pull nearly 1k a minute mining in high sec space....

Push the Exhumers to Null... leave the high sec mining for mining cruisers, barges and the occasional oddly fit Battleship.

S

Some ideas need to be smothered while still in the cradle.

Fannie Maes
Doomheim
#98 - 2012-05-03 00:32:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Fannie Maes
Sara XIII wrote:
Andski wrote:

hmm?

gate camps

no friends

an abrasive attitude

Have to gate camp=boring

have friends and thus already joined a corp, did not buy themselves entry into goons Lol

Does not want to be a drone and come of work every single day to have a psychopathic child with autism order them around.

I feel bad now. But I am glad to continue to explain how sad you guys are! Big smile
Sara XIII
The Carnifex Corp
#99 - 2012-05-03 00:33:12 UTC
Andski wrote:
Sara XIII wrote:
Andski wrote:

hmm?

gate camps

no friends

an abrasive attitude

scouts

make some

learn how to be sociable

okay.......
Between Ignorance and Wisdom
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#100 - 2012-05-03 00:36:30 UTC
I don't need "attention". Goons don't need attention. Pirates don't need attention. We just have fun killing hi-sec miners. It's really fun, and it's easy to justify. After all, what kind of sad person pays $15/mo or PLEX to shoot laser beams at space rocks in a video game?

You do need attention. You are posting about it. MANY times over. Ya'll are participating in it, even if not you personally.

And you CARE that people paid money to do something that affects you IN NOT ONE WAY at all....and you CARE that they do.

It is attention whoring and no other name.

Yet another Goon fake lie BS sh** post.