These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hulkageddon V: Unholy Union. 4000 dead miners.

Author
TWHC Assistant
#41 - 2012-05-01 15:53:08 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
TWHC Assistant wrote:
Keep an eye on the player count. The numbers are going down compared to last week. Use it as a tear-o-meter if you like or to measure your success.

If you consider less players playing Eve a success you are literally a terrorist, and IMHO, a total douche also.

The former is fact, latter opinion.

Oh, do not mind me. I only want the participants of Hulkageddon to take a good look at what they do. I make no judgement.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#42 - 2012-05-01 15:53:15 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Fannie Maes wrote:

High-sec is less reward with more enemies and greater risks than 0.0 ever was.

edit; don't believe me? take a covert ops into 0.0 cloak and watch local clear out while you watch a movie.

Malcanis wrote:

People who say this never live in 0.0

I can't work out why

Lol Stop with the BS, really. Someone who says otherwise is the person who never lived in 0.0 mining and doing PVE.

I have done both, and these days I make my ISK missioning in 0.0 and hi-sec

Hi sec is about 100x safer.

Grab a Hulk and mine in high sec then. Go on, do it. Blink
Crash Raindog
GWA Corp
#43 - 2012-05-01 15:53:44 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Kievan Arakyd wrote:
I never realized how dumb highsec miners were until i started to help gank them with my gang. No tank, no rep support, some even only fit 2 strip miners on hulks.

Burn them all.

http://i.imgur.com/7jfND.jpg

No tank that can possibly be fit on a Hulk stands a chance against a suicide ganker and friends. So why bother at all? In the end, the Hulk that fit for mining vs tanking; the mining fit will have netted a far better yield compared to the tanked Hulk.

I know you're not really this dumb.

Somone ran the numbers and its true a yestertech hulk cannot withstand mordern day military equipment.

What gets me though is why are htey still using tech 2 ships when tech 1s are infinitly cheaper in this time.

The end times are upon us, people fear it subconsciously and cling to expensive things that give them comfort and make them believe they won't be affected.
Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#44 - 2012-05-01 16:06:13 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:

If you consider less players playing Eve a success you are literally a terrorist, and IMHO, a total douche also.

What I am doing is literally the same as blowing up children on a bus. You heard it here first people!

Perspective. You lack it.
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2012-05-01 16:06:41 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
TWHC Assistant wrote:
Keep an eye on the player count. The numbers are going down compared to last week. Use it as a tear-o-meter if you like or to measure your success.

You say terrorist like it's a bad thing.
Alexandra Delarge
The Korova
#46 - 2012-05-01 16:12:03 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
It must bother you a bit that mittani stole your event out from under you. I bet next year you won't even get a mention.

Mr Epeen Cool

Massive amounts of jealousy visible.

Also, How much do you want to bet?
AureoBroker
Perkone
Caldari State
#47 - 2012-05-01 16:27:17 UTC
ITT:
People who, evidently, do not have basic mathematical knowledge entour about the goodness of tanking hulks.

good!
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#48 - 2012-05-01 16:28:40 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
Lord AbrahamStern wrote:

Helicity is performing a public service to all of us that have a violent alergy to stupidity.

Public service.....that's laughable. No. Helicity is only doing what any good rabble rouser does, pander to the lowest dredges to take advantage of the weakest of any society.

No.

You are describing mittens there.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Skex Relbore
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2012-05-01 16:40:40 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Skex Relbore wrote:
TWHC Assistant wrote:

I don't think you actually understand the graphs you linked.

(hint the time sequence is reversed with more recent data being on the left side of the graph)

Actually this is very true. Looks like we may (that's an important word, Flamers) not even hit 40,000 today.

Lets see, despite all the whining we still crested over 50k on Sunday. That sure doesn't sound like people have been discouraged from logging in due to the Burn Jita event.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#50 - 2012-05-01 16:55:00 UTC
Skex Relbore wrote:

Lets see, despite all the whining we still crested over 50k on Sunday. That sure doesn't sound like people have been discouraged from logging in due to the Burn Jita event.

Normal Sunday is around 55,000. So, so solly, Skex-san. It's down.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

TWHC Assistant
#51 - 2012-05-01 16:55:53 UTC
Skex Relbore wrote:

It was executed quick and sharp, almost painless. We were able to watch it over live streams, too. If you were watching Siigari's then you actually got a good commentary from it. However, a four week Hulkageddon sounds like watching grass grow and will most likely bore everyone. There are hardly any threads about Hulkageddon either, but you could see Goon threads getting locked by the minute.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#52 - 2012-05-01 16:57:05 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Fannie Maes wrote:

High-sec is less reward with more enemies and greater risks than 0.0 ever was.

edit; don't believe me? take a covert ops into 0.0 cloak and watch local clear out while you watch a movie.

Malcanis wrote:

People who say this never live in 0.0

I can't work out why

Lol Stop with the BS, really. Someone who says otherwise is the person who never lived in 0.0 mining and doing PVE.

I have done both, and these days I make my ISK missioning in 0.0 and hi-sec

Hi sec is about 100x safer.

Grab a Hulk and mine in high sec then. Go on, do it. Blink

Sure thing, as long as you grab one and start mining in G-0Q.

We'll see who lasts longest, shall we?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#53 - 2012-05-01 16:59:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Helicity Boson
In other news today:

The sky is not falling
The lamb has not opened the seventh seal
There is no mayan apocalypse
And if there is such a thing as a god, he probably has better things to do than think of you.
Alhezhar Alabyd al-Mu'minin
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#54 - 2012-05-01 17:02:05 UTC
TWHC Assistant wrote:

That page is what happens when you hire Merlin to build your graphs >:[
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#55 - 2012-05-01 17:03:01 UTC
Helicity Boson wrote:
In other news today:

The sky is not falling
There is mayan apocalypse
And if there is such a thing as a god, he probably has better things to do than think of you.

Crap. I guess 1 out of 3 isn't so bad.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#56 - 2012-05-01 17:05:51 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Helicity Boson wrote:
In other news today:

The sky is not falling
There is mayan apocalypse

Crap. I guess 1 out of 3 isn't so bad.

typo! :<
Padmia Zona
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-05-01 17:06:27 UTC
hey look, i just kickt a 10 year old girl, look how tuff i am Roll
Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#58 - 2012-05-01 17:08:13 UTC
Padmia Zona wrote:

WRONG!

first you take her lunch money. THEN you kick her.

Do I need to teach you people everything?
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#59 - 2012-05-01 17:08:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Padmia Zona wrote:

Even I'm hard pressed what to do with this one.

Update: and Helicity was to the rescue !

Padmia Zona
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#60 - 2012-05-01 17:13:09 UTC
nobody is impressed that you killed some ****** miners.
it's nice, but it's not a big deal. Shocked