These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hulkageddon V: Unholy Union. 4000 dead miners.

Author
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#281 - 2012-05-20 07:35:12 UTC
Are we growing bored yet?

They argue to have killed 6,000 ships already but we can't see any updates, can we?

Meanwhile nobody has lost a single ship in my system (for Chribba's sake!), i still meet conga lines of exhumers, orcas and the **** going out of station and i am the only moron mining in a BS. Bear

Are we sure these guys are not blowing their own unsellable Hulks? Lol
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#282 - 2012-05-27 08:34:49 UTC
Hi guys! Congratulations!

You allegedly killed 7,000 miner ships!

Mineral prices keep steady with a slight downward tendency. Hulks are unsellable and prices are dropping to BS levels (i may buy a second one any time, eventually they will start rising back).

Also, I've seen gankers in my system for the first time since April 29th! WOAAAH!!! Of course they couldn't gank anyone and all 10 of them left the system briefly after they failed to gank a Hulk that already was warping out. Not the brightest of the breed...

Keep us updated on the astonishing success of the best Hulkageddon ever, will you? Lol

PS: i just noticed Helicity hasn't posted since May 11th, can anyone confirm he's OK? (seriously) What?
Red Rydah
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#283 - 2012-05-27 09:27:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Red Rydah
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

Mineral prices keep steady with a slight downward tendency. Hulks are unsellable and prices are dropping to BS levels (i may buy a second one any time, eventually they will start rising back).

Also, I've seen gankers in my system for the first time since April 29th! WOAAAH!!! Of course they couldn't gank anyone and all 10 of them left the system briefly after they failed to gank a Hulk that already was warping out. Not the brightest of the breed...

Keep us updated on the astonishing success of the best Hulkageddon ever, will you? Lol

PS: i just noticed Helicity hasn't posted since May 11th, can anyone confirm he's OK? (seriously) What?

To answer a few points from your comments, the gankage is not uniform across all of New Eden. Some systems are going to be hit more than others based on certain factors, such as traffic, familarity, and stupidity (as in AFK mining).

Whether Hulkageddon V has an impact on the market or not is moot. 7175 kills and 1.41 trillion ISK is not a small accomplishment. It's an unqualified success.

The only fault I find with Hulkageddon V is perhaps it should have stuck with it's original shorter format, but that's just my opinion. Some of you probably like the month long format. Some of you probably want it to run year round.

RR
Ms Bax
Union Of EVE
#284 - 2012-05-27 14:01:16 UTC
Red Rydah wrote:

To answer a few points from your comments, the gankage is not uniform across all of New Eden. Some systems are going to be hit more than others based on certain factors, such as traffic, familarity, and stupidity (as in AFK mining).

Whether Hulkageddon V has an impact on the market or not is moot. 7175 kills and 1.41 trillion ISK is not a small accomplishment. It's an unqualified success.

The only fault I find with Hulkageddon V is perhaps it should have stuck with it's original shorter format, but that's just my opinion. Some of you probably like the month long format. Some of you probably want it to run year round.

RR

TBH if the total amount of killed Hulks during Hulkageddon is only 7000 I'd call it a failure as the amount the months before were like 4000-5500. The difference duing Hulkageddon would then be just 2000-3000 more dead Hulks. That really surprices me as I thought Hulkageddon would have a much larger impact.
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#285 - 2012-05-27 15:32:47 UTC
Ms Bax wrote:

TBH if the total amount of killed Hulks during Hulkageddon is only 7000 I'd call it a failure as the amount the months before were like 4000-5500. The difference duing Hulkageddon would then be just 2000-3000 more dead Hulks. That really surprices me as I thought Hulkageddon would have a much larger impact.

There are only so many fish in the pond. At some point more fishing rods won't make you catch you a lot more of them. The Tornados and the Destroyer-boost already made miner-ganking a favorite occupation since Crucible for many.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

bongsmoke
Visine Red
420 Chronicles of EvE
#286 - 2012-05-27 15:54:01 UTC
I wonder how much money ccp has made from miners buying plexes because of hulkaggedon? I bet a shitload.
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#287 - 2012-05-27 16:30:31 UTC
bongsmoke wrote:
I wonder how much money ccp has made from miners buying plexes because of hulkaggedon? I bet a shitload.

Miners do not buy PLEX with real money, they buy them with ISK.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

bongsmoke
Visine Red
420 Chronicles of EvE
#288 - 2012-05-27 17:34:43 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
bongsmoke wrote:

Miners do not buy PLEX with real money, they buy them with ISK.

You mean the isk they spend on buying another hulk? how much isk you think miners have/make? You make it sound like its the highest paid profession, which could not be farthest away from the truth.
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#289 - 2012-05-29 19:52:20 UTC
Per hour its not the highest paid, but its so easy to put in a large number of hours it does pay reasonably well over time, and the expenses are low; crystals and ganks alone. The result is miners tend to have ISK.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#290 - 2012-05-29 19:53:27 UTC
Ms Bax wrote:
Red Rydah wrote:

RR

Ah yes, it was irrelevant. That's right.

Good going on all the posting.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#291 - 2012-05-29 21:08:23 UTC
Aaaand, Hulkageddon is dead.

Helicity Boson is AWOL, the Hulkageddon V site is abandoned, Mittens is attention whoring with a "perpetual Hulkageddon" and all in all I still meet conga lines of Hulks outside the station.

That's all, folks!! Lol
Selinate
#292 - 2012-05-29 21:15:04 UTC
if I had known hulkageddon was going to be this long and destructive, I would've bought up T2 ships and battleships like mad...