These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hulkageddon V: Unholy Union. 4000 dead miners.

Author
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#241 - 2012-05-11 01:48:30 UTC
Styx Sertan wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
I am enjoying this goon event more than the Jita one.

The Goons are only 'co-sponsors'. It is Helicity's event.

Do they not get enough credit already ?

See: Goons are paying for it with their 1 trillion isk/month technetium income.

Theres a set number? I thought it was infinite lol

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#242 - 2012-05-11 02:21:02 UTC
Hyperion

High Slot: Modulated Deep Core Miner II X 8 - T2 crystal of choice -

Medium Slot: Adaptive Invulnerability Field II X 2
Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction x 3

Low Slot: Co=Processor II x 3
Expanded Cargohold II x 2
Mining Laser Upgrade II x 1

Large Core Defense Field extender 1 X 3

5 Hammerhead II
5 Vespa EC 600

Mines 2861.28 per cycle. No bonus
Hulk mines 4257 per cycle. No bonus

Tank: 70,000 EHP
Tank: LOLwut?

You can do better with a Rohk.
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#243 - 2012-05-11 02:29:30 UTC
or one or two mining lasers, the rest real guns then pod the guys that try to gank you lol

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Sisohiv
Gallente Federation
#244 - 2012-05-11 03:04:10 UTC
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:
or one or two mining lasers, the rest real guns then pod the guys that try to gank you lol

Hammerheads will get me on the killmail. Concord guns are much better than mine anyway.
Justin Steele
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#245 - 2012-05-11 10:14:22 UTC
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

So that explains why I named my Covetor the "Steele Horse" and like listening to Wanted Dead or Alive while mining...
Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#246 - 2012-05-11 10:58:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Sigurd Sig Hansen
Justin Steele wrote:
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:

So that explains why I named my Covetor the "Steele Horse" and like listening to Wanted Dead or Alive while mining...

Saw someone do the song as like the miners' song somewhere once lol

Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
Karn Dulake wrote:

The miners song

"Its all the same.
Only the Roids change
Everyday i feel im wasting away

Sometimes i sleep
Sometimes its not for days
And the people i meet
just want to blast me into space

Sometimes you tell the day by the system that your in
and times when your alone and all you do is think (about how productive you could be in real life)

Im a miner
in a paper hull i ride
and im wanted dead or (actually just dead)

I believe theres a certain irony to me quoting this.

Snahsiboon
Doomheim
#247 - 2012-05-12 01:52:28 UTC
I thought this event was supposed to be high-sec only kills? Or was I just dreaming when I read that somewhere. (I'm seeing a lot of low/null sec killmails on the leaderboard).
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#248 - 2012-05-12 05:34:37 UTC
Snahsiboon wrote:
I thought this event was supposed to be high-sec only kills? Or was I just dreaming when I read that somewhere. (I'm seeing a lot of low/null sec killmails on the leaderboard).

This is EVE. People will search their mothers underwear drawer if they thought there was a crackmail in there.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#249 - 2012-05-12 07:07:06 UTC
Meanwhile in New Eden...

- mineral prices are going down, probably as people is rolling out huge stockpiles
- Hulks are out of demand and slowly going down
- Modulated Deep Core Miner II are almost unfindable and their price skyrocketed
- And I still haven't seen a single Hulk blown in my system (they're not undocking any longer, apparently -see item 1)

The things are so quiet at hisec belts that I've stumbled upon "commander" rats twice already.
Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#250 - 2012-05-12 17:24:44 UTC
Well Hulkageddon has official tipped the one trillion ISK mark. 1 trillion ISK worth of ships have been destroyed. In the past has Hulkageddon ever broke this amount before?
Whitehound
#251 - 2012-05-12 18:06:35 UTC
How sad. http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13348240 Shocked

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#252 - 2012-05-12 18:10:30 UTC

exactly Shocked
Eaorgan Dax
Blood Moon Traders
#253 - 2012-05-12 18:20:02 UTC
I was looking at the top gankers list there, where i see one Oxygen Achasse.
I've seen this guy in local the other day and he is a freakin new player, i mean like not even a month old.

Are you guys really such pussi*s, that you wouldn't dare ganking hulk with your main? you have to setup an anonymous alt, just so you can spare your own character?
Musashi IV
Off-World Mining
#254 - 2012-05-12 21:12:58 UTC
I have a 3 player mining corporation thats over 6 years old. 95 percent of the time Im mining in high sec and other 5 I ninja mining in low sec. I think hulk mania is good for EVE. It adds spice to the game. I also think pirates are good for EVE. They also add a spice to the game. My macs have the best tank that can be fitted and still keep the fastest ice mining laser speed. I also have the best gang modules fitted to my orca. It takes 3 good outfitted tank pirates to take one of my macs out. The macs are always aligned with thier home station. If I see more than 2 suspected pirates on my radar I warp the macs home. I also keep them covered with drones. This way when I get attacked I get credit for the kill because the drones attack the pirates.
Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#255 - 2012-05-12 21:18:11 UTC
Someone should let the 4,000 clones know they're actually "dead".

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#256 - 2012-05-12 23:34:07 UTC
Eaorgan Dax wrote:
I was looking at the top gankers list there, where i see one Oxygen Achasse.
I've seen this guy in local the other day and he is a freakin new player, i mean like not even a month old.

Are you guys really such pussi*s, that you wouldn't dare ganking hulk with your main? you have to setup an anonymous alt, just so you can spare your own character?

It has nothing to do with fear. Most gankers' mains are already being utilized for other purposes. Some live in null, and can't abandon their alliances because they're needed to take/hold space. Some live in wormholes, or do empire wars, making logistics a huge pain if even one character is an outlaw. I guess we could train/buy other high-SP characters for ganking, but why bother? You don't need a whole lot of SP to fit a destroyer or battlecruiser properly (something that carebear apologists always seem to overlook when yabbering about how difficult it is to cross-train for pvp). So we make alts.

You can, however, take solace in the fact that we post on the forums using our mains, much like I'm doing right now. Heck, most of us would be pretty happy to tell you who our mains are, if you simply ask us when you see our gank alts in space. Would you like to know who my other characters are?

Using this knowledge, it should be fairly easy for you to go after us to provide "real consequences," right? But you won't, Mr. Forum Alt, because you lack the testicular fortitude to do so.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#257 - 2012-05-12 23:53:19 UTC
Helicity Boson wrote:
Dear oh dear.

It looks like we have made a mess!

Love,

H.B.

don't worry we didn't notice.. but I'll get you a kleenex.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Aaron Knossos
Doomheim
#258 - 2012-05-12 23:59:15 UTC
Aqriue
Gallente Federation
#259 - 2012-05-13 03:16:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Aqriue
HOLY ****! ANOTHER POINTLESS MILESTONE IN HUMAN HISTORY FOOTNOTED UNDER EVE! ONLY 4000?

To bad you slackwits can't keep hulkageddon up year round, we don't need miners. I repeat, we don't need them and you don't need a special event to get a twice annual hard on for it. Also, get off your ass and use a battleship if not a battlecruiser with smart bombs. I want to see these less then human idiots suffer that failed to do the other two options that were collecting minerals when they had the option of Mining, Gunmining, and Mission looting....but they took the obviously stupid option of trying to maintain they are necessary in EVE instead of goining the obviously better options that needed to be nerfed just so miners felt like they are needed.
lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#260 - 2012-05-14 10:55:13 UTC
Aqriue wrote:
HOLY ****! ANOTHER POINTLESS MILESTONE IN HUMAN HISTORY FOOTNOTED UNDER EVE! ONLY 4000?

To bad you slackwits can't keep hulkageddon up year round, we don't need miners. I repeat, we don't need them and you don't need a special event to get a twice annual hard on for it. Also, get off your ass and use a battleship if not a battlecruiser with smart bombs. I want to see these less then human idiots suffer that failed to do the other two options that were collecting minerals when they had the option of Mining, Gunmining, and Mission looting....but they took the obviously stupid option of trying to maintain they are necessary in EVE instead of goining the obviously better options that needed to be nerfed just so miners felt like they are needed.

Don't cry :(